PDA

View Full Version : Robert Kearns Is Dead!!

Slicker
02-25-2005, 12:57 PM
That's right everybody the inventor of the intermittent windshield wiper is dead.:cry::cry: You know just the other day I was using my wipers and I wondered, boy, who invented the wiper that moves intermittently. He was a latter day Da Vinci, in the area of intermittent wipers that is.

Feel free to discuss at will.

Exhaust Port
02-25-2005, 03:08 PM
I heard his condition was on and off towards the end.

El Chuxter
02-25-2005, 03:19 PM
That sunova. . . wouldn't license his invention to Toyota, so I have no intermittent wipers. I have no sympathy for him. He turned to evil long ago.

Slicker
02-25-2005, 03:40 PM
Sucks to be you Chux. I have I think 7 different speeds AND I also have the mist setting. My car got the hook up dawg!!!

JediTricks
02-25-2005, 04:17 PM
I heard his condition was on and off towards the end.
Oh man, that was BAAAAD. :p

Kidhuman
02-25-2005, 05:16 PM
Well, at least we know any tears that were shed are wiped away

mabudonicus
02-26-2005, 06:46 AM
I swear I'm not making this up, his daughter commented that the misty conditions on the day of his funeral were perfect for intermittent wipers

Look it up, I swear

Slicker
02-26-2005, 07:58 AM
I saw that in the article I got this from Mabs. It's almost as if the heavens were crying.:cry:

bobafrett
02-28-2005, 09:05 PM
Was he also responsible for the glasses Elton John wore that had winshield wipers on them? I remember that at my first job, we had a raffle, and there was a pair of sunglasses with wiper blades on them, which I did not win.

BTW, I have intermittent windshield wipers on my car! My son has to remind me to use them.

The 'Xir
03-01-2005, 12:06 PM
Although I've never met him, I have an Uncle who is suppossedly a whiz in Detroit, and long ago was the inventor of the "smart stick", I hope he was of some inspiration to Mr. Kearns, and let me just say that when the day comes and my Uncle passes on, I hope he..."cruises" into Heaven! :ermm: :D