PDA

View Full Version : Action Fleet Substitutes

matthewilw
02-25-2005, 02:18 PM
Since the action fleet line has been severely neglected over the past few years, I have been forced to find other items to feed my never ending hunger for action fleet. My newest discovery is the Power Rangers Deluxe Time Force megazord. Odd I know. But it fits in perfectly with my AF collection. It contains 5 seperate planes, all of which feature open cockpits and.....EASILY FIT MINI FIGURES!! That's right, they were made to hold 1" figures just like the old action fleets. 3 of the five also feature retractable landing gear. The five jets ca then combine into 2 different robot modes, or combine into a single larger jet. Although the coloring isn't great, I do enjoy this item greatly. It's very sturdy as well. made of very strong plastic and die-cast parts. Hmmm..files too large, here is a link, sorry about the poor lighting, I can take better pictures if anyone wants them.
http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p=999&gid=6733880&uid=1895397&members=1

P.S. I want to see what kinds of things everyone else has found that is in/near AF scale that I can add to my collection.

JediTricks
02-25-2005, 06:49 PM
It's not odd, in fact I got it and its companion piece, the Time Shadow Megazord (which is 1 ship with a 5-figure cockpit) a while back. One thing I have noticed about my Time Force Megazord though is that over the past year or so on display, the metal parts have tarnished and pitted some.

There have also been other entries, mostly from Bandai, with their Gundam line and their Thunderbirds movie line, their Final Fantasy movie line had 1, and most notablytheir short-lived Xyber 9 line with like 10 different AF-style vehicles.

We actually have a few threads on this issue, I'll try to dig 'em up.

matthewilw
02-25-2005, 07:15 PM
I saw the Time shadow megazord as well, I just haven't found one at a price I'm willing to pay yet. I know about all the other lines you mentioned, but I was hoping this post could be a place where everyone could post future finds in AF scale. Oh, and you forgot the Armageddon line ;)

JediTricks
02-25-2005, 07:54 PM
That was Mattel, and I didn't buy any of it, so I didn't put it in my list. That, and I did forget about it. ;)

Future finds? Sounds good.

Oh, that Mattel comment reminds me, they have had a line for a while now, it keeps changing names but it has modular vehicles which you can rebuild into other stuff and mini-figures that interact with them. I have a few of these from a while back, they're AF scale roughly but of course since they're for the kiddies they're less detailed.

sergiurusu
02-28-2005, 08:49 AM
There are also Star Trek Strike Force and Innerspace series. They are pretty nice, but not as good as AF. The Strike Force ships are the size of AF and the figs are a bit strange (they have movable joints like AF figs, but the eyes are creepy :eek: ). The Innerspace ships are a bit small, but some of them are really cool: the Galileo shuttle, the new TNG shuttle and the Apollo modules. The figs are better even if the hands are fixed.

sicqnus
03-01-2005, 06:39 PM
To me the Maquis fighter was the best Strike Force starship. It looks perfect close to the Playmates Voyager (as in the very first episode of "Voyager"). The size is pretty good as well as the proportions.

You can also think about...
- Bandaï ActionFleet Copperhead from Final Fantasy "The spirits within" (1 vehicle and 4 figures). Unfortunately this is the only vehicle from this movie made into a toy...
- Disney exclusive Action Fleet like Indiana Jones vehicles and figures packs. Two vehicles were made, the "Nazi plane" (a 1944 Arado flying wing prototype) and an old Jordanian Tank from WW1. Both are toys but looks good even if there are no figs to fit inside. The figures are not amazing, there is a Motorcycle pack and another pack of figs (the four packs are still available at DNStoys.com).
- Estes Rockets. A good opportunity to get cool spaceships for cheap. I got the Trade Federation Control ship for $3 on Ebay and the Sith Infiltrator for $13. The Royal Cruiser and Naboo fighters (the bigger ones) are also pretty cool.
- ERTL die-cast Naboo Fighter. A very cool kit with metal parts. Available now for $5 to $14 on Ebay.
- Product Enterprise Space 1999 die-cast Eagles (incredibly well done and priced well at around $65 each). Two new eagles are planned for 2005 and a big 23 inches Eagle will be out this summer. http://www.productenterprise.com/anderson.html
There are also "UFO" diecast vehicles ($48 at DNStoys.com for "UFO saucer and SHADO Interceptor" 2-pack and for "Skydiver with removable Interceptor".
- Product Enterprise StarBug from Red Dwarf (a little bigger than AF but it's a MM like opening playset with figures), unfortunately pretty expensive. http://www.productenterprise.com/reddwarf.html
- The three Collector Fleet starships. Easily found on Ebay. The SSD is alway expensive.
- Of course the JoyRide BattleStar Galactica Colonial Viper and Cylon Raider. I love them, they are AF-like with figures & stand (not too expensive : approx $13 each). A battle damaged Viper will be in Wave 3. JoyRide have the license for Galactica 2003 but they want to know if the Classic TV serie toys do well before thinking about making the new serie vehicles.

- Die-cast Johnny Lightning Lost In Space Jupiter 2 (from classic TV serie) a pretty coll item for the fans of the real LIS. Sample here : http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=73550&item=6515182112&rd=1

I'm sure I forgot something.

JediTricks
03-02-2005, 01:29 AM
To me the Maquis fighter was the best Strike Force starship. It looks perfect close to the Playmates Voyager (as in the very first episode of "Voyager"). The size is pretty good as well as the proportions. Except for the fact that the wings are totally floppy, I definitely agree with you about this one, it was the best of the series for all those reasons (except for the Playmates Voyager, as I have never put the 2 together and I no longer know where my Maquis Raider is).

There's also the Lost in Space movie (roughly) AF-scale vehicles w/ minifigs from Trendmasters. There's also a few different Trendmasters Voltron lions robots that had separately-purchased AF-style minifigs, and Trendmasters did a few AF-scale vehicles w/ minifigs for Independence Day (aka "ID4").

SWAFMAN
03-04-2005, 01:16 PM
...Product Enterprise Space 1999 die-cast Eagles (incredibly well done and priced well at around $65 each). Two new eagles are planned for 2005 and a big 23 inches Eagle will be out this summer. http://www.productenterprise.com/anderson.html
There are also "UFO" diecast vehicles ($48 at DNStoys.com for "UFO saucer and SHADO Interceptor" 2-pack and for "Skydiver with removable Interceptor".
- Of course the JoyRide BattleStar Galactica Colonial Viper and Cylon Raider. I love them, they are AF-like with figures & stand (not too expensive : approx $13 each). A battle damaged Viper will be in Wave 3. JoyRide have the license for Galactica 2003 but they want to know if the Classic TV serie toys do well before thinking about making the new serie vehicles.

sicqnus - do you have the Space 1999 Eagle or the UFO ships? Not counting scale or removeable panels, how do you rate the detail and craftsmanship of Product Enterprise's ships to the stuff Code3 does? Are you familiar with the collector line of Matchbox die-casts, specifically their big twin-rotor (Sikorski??) helicopter? If so, how do the current Eagles compare, size-wise?

Re: the JoyRide BSG ships, are these available retail anywhere, or only direct mail/e-tail?

matthewilw
03-04-2005, 02:33 PM
Re: the JoyRide BSG ships, are these available retail anywhere, or only direct mail/e-tail?

I haven't seen the ships themselves, but I have seen several of the Cylon Centurian action figures at places like suncoast. So I know they are out there, they just seem to be pretty popular. That's good news though, hopefully we'll be seeing more from this line and *crosses fingers* maybe they'll even implement this ship scale to their Halo line.

sicqnus
03-05-2005, 10:41 PM
I have the first two Eagle and I'm waiting for the two others. And maybe the big one, I may have an opportunity to acquire the 23 inches Eagle for a descent price.
The scale is good, close to 1/72e I think. They are made of die-cast metal and plastic (the tubes skelton is made of hard plastic). They are approx 12-13 inches long and painted with great detail (the paintjob is very good, you can see the tiny Moonbase Alpha blue logos on the nose and on the passenger pod).

I haven't seen the dc helicopters maybe Adkins collectibles http://www.adkinsstore.com/ or WaW http://www.wingsandwheel.com/ will have them.
BadCatAviation is the best store for diecasts and huge 1/18e planes (for 3,3/4" figures). Rob is a great guy and I've received from them two F-4U Corsairs (a Papy Boyington Corsair and a chekerboarder Corsair now converted to a "Baa Baa Black Sheep" TV serie Corsair paint scheme. Both have a 28 inches wingspan) and also a HaleaKala II P-38 Lightning. The Lightning is huuuuge (34 inches !!!). They have a lot of diecast planes and helicopters : http://www.badcataviation.com/badcattoys/badcatnews.html

The JoyRide Galacticas are doing pretty well and almost sold out everywher for the moment. Good news, it means we will surely see the BSG 2003 ships next year ! The official JoyRide store is www.diecastexpress.com but they are also available at EE, not yet at DNStoys.com. I send several mails to KillerToys but never had anything back... except their newsletter :confused:
As Matthewilw said, I know they will be available in lots of toystores around the US, keep your eyes open !

SWAFMAN
03-06-2005, 11:12 AM
sicqnus: thanks much. The pictures are great, and having the one with the keyboard & mouse for scale reference were terrific. I wish every pic of a new collectible would include a ubiquitous object (perhaps a standard sewing thimble for smaller items, or a mouse or pencil for larger items) in the frame so everyone would be able to judge the size.

JediGoofy
03-07-2005, 05:37 AM
I have both the first two Eagles (Rescue and Transporter) and the two UFO collections (Interceptor + UFO and Sky1 + Skydiver) and, like sicq, I am waiting for the last 2 Eagles (Laboratory and Freighter) too.

Sicqnus already wrote about the Eagles. I can add something about the UFO vehicles.

First of all this: :D . All the vehicles are very close to the originals, a very good paint job (no funky colors this time ;) ), detailed stickers and writings on the ships, good size and very good proportions. A part from building kits (which are as good as the builder is able to make them :( ) these are the only Space 1999 and UFO vehicles you can have at AF scale. The Interceptor is more or less the same size the old Dinky one but it is incommensurably more realistic. The UFO saucer is perfect near its nemesis. The Skydiver can be separated in its two components and has all the details you may desire.

All in all very good models, but if you look for real AF substitutes in order to play with them you may find a few flaws. You may detach the pods from the Eagles, but you cannot close their landing pads. In the Interceptor you can detach the rocket and in the Skydiver you can detach the Sky 1, but that is all you can do.

Unfortunately I do not have any Code 3 model ( :cry: ) and I do not know the other toy lines you mentioned so I cannot compare, but if you have any other question about the UFO vehicles feel free to ask.

Ciao,
JediGoofy

P.S. Just now I notice there are more UFO vehicles to come! :stupid: The three SHADO tanks (SHADO 1, SHADO 2 and SHADO Control). Look here http://www.productenterprise.com/anderson.html

JediGoofy
03-16-2005, 05:02 AM
Eventually I was able to take a few pictures of the UFO models. :)
You may see I have a lot to learn in macro photography. :(
But at least you can have a look at the models I described in the previous post. ;)

Ciao,
JediGoofy

P.S. I wanted to add something to show the scale, and since I am an old fashioned boy I used a floppy disc, do you remember them? ;)

SWAFMAN
03-16-2005, 10:43 AM
JG, excellent pics & great idea for floppy disk for scale. Makes it perfect to relate the size to having it sitting right on my desk. :) Is the paint detailing on the interceptor well done? Can't be sure if I'm seeing distortion or unusual paint effects from the pic that was posted. That Sky1 is beautiful.

JediGoofy
03-16-2005, 11:48 AM
Hi SWAFFY,
glad you like the pics. :)

The panel lines on the Interceptor are exactly like you see in the picture, they are quite trembling. The fact is I do not know if it is just my Interceptor or every Interceptor is painted like this. :confused:

Actually if anybody has a Product Enterprise Interceptor can he tell me how are painted the panel lines? Thanx. :classic:

Ciao,
JediGoofy

sicqnus
03-22-2005, 08:29 AM
Thanks for sharing the pics JG. I do not have the UFO items yet. I've preferred to keep my money for other stuff.

sicqnus
03-28-2005, 07:14 PM
Japan exclusives coming in may !
Aoshima's die-cast 16 inches Aliens UD4-L "Cheyenne" Dropship arrives in May. The toy features retracting wings with armament, landing gear, and payloaddoor. It's 100% compatible with the APC tank, sold seperately (AF sized). The #1 version of the Dropship, the "normal" version, is styled after the movie's original Dropship that was destroyed early inthe story. The #2, or "limited" version represents the backup dropship that was flown in by Bishop via remote. The limited model features an Alien Queen figure. Price is (97,17 Euros - $125,31).
The M-557 APC also arrives in May for (28,85 Euros - $37,20). It features moveable and stowable turrets. The normal version comes with a Marine, the limited version comes with an alien warrior. :D
Pictures of protos here : http://www.sicqnus.com/news01.htm

AndyW
03-30-2005, 10:29 AM
I have to get my hands on that drop ship, sounds fantastic, though it is a little more than I'd normally pay and I may have a hard time justifying it.

Finally seen the product enterprise eagle in a japan store over here, the detail is amazing, a really nice peice, a lot better than the original toy I have somewhere back home gathering dust. I'd pick one up now, cheapest I've seen is about €80 in one shop, €150 in another, but its just a little too expensive for me, especially as I'm not really into Space1999. However, if I were rich I'd certainly buy it, as for the detail alone its superb.

I just hope and prey that the same stores don't get the drop ship on its shelves, 'cos if i see it in the flesh I doubt I'd be able to resist!

Edited to say, thanks for the info sicqnus.

sicqnus
04-02-2005, 09:15 AM
Here are a few pics of the JoyRide Galactica Action Fleet. As you can see on the pictures, they are an exact match for the AF size. I shot for comparison the saga X-wing (SwafMan's present, THX Swaf). The figures are a little smaller than the AF ones and are moulded in a very soft plastic...
:p I'm really happy with these, they are quite fragile but I don't care as I will use them only for display.

The only wrong point is that they are rumored to be produced in limited quantities. Once they're gone, they're gone for good (unless otherwise notified).

sicqnus
04-02-2005, 09:26 AM
First pic, you can see the tears under the ship, very similar to AF. Other pic shows the underside of the Cylon raider. You can also see the Colonial Viper with its landing gears.
:classic:

sicqnus
04-07-2005, 12:41 PM
I received the new Product Enterprise Space 1999 Eagles today :D . These are the Freighter Eagle used in the very first episode to remove the nuclear waste from the disposal areas and the Laboratory Eagle used in several episodes to explore strange new worlds.
As usual, they are made of heavy die-cast metal with some plastic parts. The quality is great. The Moonbase Alpha Eagles are approx 12 inches long. Last but not least, thay are far cheaper than the Code 3 Dc's.

http://www.productenterprise.com/anderson.html
http://www.space1999.net/~catacombs/index.html
http://www.space1999.net/~catacombs/main/models/wrefm.html

AndyW
04-07-2005, 01:36 PM
These have appeared in a local comic book (sorry, BD :)), sci/fi store here in marseille that I check out now and again, didn't really know what they were but figured they were different versions, didn't know they were new.

As I said in an earlier post, they look brilliant in the flesh, though I don't know which version I'd choose!

SWAFMAN
04-07-2005, 09:19 PM
The Product Enterprise vehicles look like a terrific value for $75 U.S. each. You can get Interceptor w/UFO, Skydiver and all 4 Eagles for less than two Code3 ships. That sounds too good to pass up. Can't wait for the fight this is going to cause with the joyless non-collector with whom I co-habitate.... :rolleyes:

sicqnus
04-08-2005, 11:33 AM
The first two Eagles are priced at : $59.99 at DNStoys.com
A little cheaper.

sicqnus
04-17-2005, 11:37 PM
I forgot to mention this UFO : A huge AT-AT will be part of the StarWars board game by WOTC. Two Snowspeeders are also planned. The AT-AT will be out for september 11th. Rumored to be priced at approx.$65 (unconfirmed).

darktrooper7
04-18-2005, 06:53 AM
That ATAT looks more that 30cm tall! That is Massive! Its pretty cool since that should almost to scale with the mini figs :D

JediTricks
04-18-2005, 09:23 PM
Dang, that thing looks too nice for Hasbro or any of their subsidiaries. I'd have to experience it in person before forking up that much dough though, but if it came with 2 in-scale Snowspeeders I'd be a lot more likely.

Jangu Fett
04-19-2005, 08:46 AM
It does look awesome, and the price is just as awesome. It's only 20 bucks. A friend of mine who works in a hobby shops had a booklet of future releases from WOTC, the miniature game AT-AT is priced at $20.

sergiurusu
04-22-2005, 05:32 AM
It does look awesome, and the price is just as awesome. It's only 20 bucks. A friend of mine who works in a hobby shops had a booklet of future releases from WOTC, the miniature game AT-AT is priced at $20.

If THAT is $20 I WANT one too!! :) WOW!

sicqnus
05-14-2005, 11:58 AM
Wizard Of The Coast board game new vehicles to come. :)
The plastic used for the Flash speeder is way too soft...
The HailFire droid looks good and the AT-AT is great, I'm impatient to see the Snowspeeders !

good shot jansen
05-14-2005, 12:04 PM
sure took them long enough to think about includin' vehicles in their game set up :confused:

when they 1st released the figures, i had pre-ordered them from amazon, only in hopes of when i received the figures, maybe a vehicle might be included. ha! :frus:

anyway, it's good to see that hasbro through their subs, are actually thinking of releasing mm sized vehicles across different lines.

things are indeed looking up.

thanx for the photos sicq! as always, top notch reporting! :)

sicqnus
05-14-2005, 12:06 PM
New pictures below.

sicqnus
05-14-2005, 12:11 PM
The AT-AT is already on my wishlist...
Grievous wheelbike and AT-RT are good looking as well (but look at the guns on the Grievous wheelbike... Nothing that couldn't be corrected with boiling water).

sicqnus
05-14-2005, 12:17 PM
The Rancor is maybe one of the biggest figures. The only wrong point with this collection is that about half of the figures are very short packed :mad:
Usually, all the interesting figs... :ermm:

JediTricks
05-15-2005, 08:39 PM
Dang, that AT-AT looks even better. What's the US pricepoint again? None of these have moving parts, do they? I'm not sure how into statues I can get, but these look good enough that I can't understand why Hasbro puts out CRAP like the AF Solar Sailer when they have employees making products this nice.

Jangu Fett
05-15-2005, 08:50 PM
I was lucky enough to get 2 Wheelbikes, It's alright. There just a piece of plastic at the bottom holding the 2 halves together. So the top gets alittle warped. And the pilot seat is on the wrong side. I guess Hasbros right hand doesn't kno what the left is doing. :)

JediTricks
05-15-2005, 09:18 PM
Hasbro's 3 3/4" figure's wheelbike is the same way, seat on the right, guns on the left, which is backwards. You know, seeing that game's wheelbike makes me sad about how the Hasbro version turned out, specifically the legs.

SWAFMAN
07-23-2006, 01:29 PM
I received the new Product Enterprise Space 1999 Eagles today :D . These are the Freighter Eagle used in the very first episode to remove the nuclear waste from the disposal areas and the Laboratory Eagle used in several episodes to explore strange new worlds.
As usual, they are made of heavy die-cast metal with some plastic parts. The quality is great. The Moonbase Alpha Eagles are approx 12 inches long. Last but not least, thay are far cheaper than the Code 3 Dc's.

http://www.productenterprise.com/anderson.html
http://www.space1999.net/~catacombs/index.html
http://www.space1999.net/~catacombs/main/models/wrefm.html

Still really liking these Space 1999 Eagles. With people getting into the Titanium Ultras, I thought I'd bump this post back up for any new die-cast enthusiasts that might not have been on the forum when Siq originally posted this.

Also very cool and a decent price are the Aoshima Aliens Drop Ships - see March 28 2005 post here: http://www.sicqnus.com/news01.htm

jeddah
07-24-2006, 08:19 AM
Is it just me or are those thrusters on the Flash speeder the wrong way down?

jeddah

SWAFMAN
07-26-2006, 07:43 PM
I received three of the Eagles today. Lab, Freighter, and Rescue. Hoping to get the regular Transporter asap, and the VIP Transporter when it is released later this year. I got an e-mail from Product Enterprise that the chrome Eagle is discontinued. Good if you have one. Sucks if you don't. I don't. :(

sergiurusu
07-29-2006, 07:26 AM
We could also talk about the Xyber 9 ships and vehicles. They are exactly AF like: opening hatches, landing gears and the figs are identical to AF. Pretty cool.

JediTricks
07-29-2006, 03:34 PM
The 2nd post in this thread mentions the highly-underrated Xyber 9 line of Action Fleet-style vehicles (they also had 3" figure vehicles, but that's not AF-style).

sergiurusu
07-30-2006, 02:58 AM
The 3" vehicles are not AF indeed. But the smaller AF sized ships/robot vehicles are pretty cool. There are seven Xyber 9 items: Heavy Roller Robot, CLOD Robot, Pounder Tank, Half-Back Tank, Hammeron Fighter, Jack's Fighter, Tatania's Airistriker. Thanks to some good friends here :thumbsup: I got a complete Xyber 9 (http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v226/sergiurusu/Star%20Wars%20Action%20Fleet%20collection/?start=160) collection long time ago

JediTricks
07-30-2006, 09:51 PM
My original post said "like 10" but that was just a guess. I have all 7 of the sets, though I um... "modified" all the propellor planes to be non-props. I wish the cockpit on the CLOD closed all the way with a figure inside, and that there was an opening hatch on the lower part of the Pounder tank. All in all though, a very good line.

sergiurusu
07-31-2006, 04:28 AM
Can you show some pics of the modified propellers? As for the CLOD figure it fits ok inside the Robot. The only 2 I'm not 100% satisfied is the little red Pounder tank and Hammeron Fighter where the figures don't fit completely inside

JediTricks
07-31-2006, 03:37 PM
The CLOD's cockpit has to extend upwards and leave a gap to accomodate a figure, from what I remember.

I will try to track them down and take a photo of the pair. Ironically, I ran across the props recently, but not the actual vehicles :p.

sicqnus
08-15-2006, 05:31 PM
There is an article on the WOTC new figures (shown at Gen-Con) on another website. A few pics are showing a painted walking Vulture Droïd, an unpainted Homing Spider Droïd, a painted Crab Droïd. All looks good but the plastic is - as usual - too soft (even on these prototypes...). Other vehicles are the Sand Skiff (crap) and the Clone Swamp Speeder (looks crap too).

On the "Starship Battles", it is said the first starships will be :

"Starships will be from all films and Expanded Universe, including the Executor, Mon Calamari Cruiser, B-Wing Fighter, TIE Fighter, Home One, Imperial Shuttle, Y-Wing Fighter, Republic Attack Cruiser, Jedi Starfighter (ROTS), TIE Interceptor, Droid Tri-Fighter, X-Wing Fighter, Vulture Droid, Darth Vader's TIE Fighter, ARC-170 Fighter, Slave 1, Millennium Falcon, and Dash Rendar's Outrider. Ships are relative scale...for example, X-Wings are not to scale with capital ships."

Other news :
http://jediinsider.com/index.php?catid=8&itemid=9727
http://jediinsider.com/index.php?catid=8&itemid=9688
Corgis StarTrek (good looking but pretty pricey). They are approx. 8,5 inches long :
http://toynewsi.com/news.php?catid=12&itemid=9639
And BSG "small ****" (bigger pics) :
http://toynewsi.com/news.php?catid=212&itemid=9779

JediTricks
08-16-2006, 03:42 PM
How much are the Corgi Star Trek pieces going to be? ... DAMN! They've been out for 6 months and I had no idea?!? I hate that!

I was very impressed with the sculpting quality on the WOTC pieces you mentioned, but they're stuck to their bases and some were melting in the shots I saw.

britcit3
08-18-2006, 12:14 PM
Do these look good or what?

http://www.forbiddenplanet.co.uk/index.php?main_page=advanced_search_result&search_in_description=1&keyword=star+wars+miniatures+starship

BC3

sicqnus
08-18-2006, 01:52 PM
http://img433.imageshack.us/img433/981/pict2059fi4.jpg
http://img433.imageshack.us/img433/8121/pict2052mf2.jpg
http://img412.imageshack.us/img412/8052/pict2055rk9.jpg
http://img412.imageshack.us/img412/3829/pict2060cf2.jpg
http://img153.imageshack.us/img153/3382/pict2061vx7.jpg

NO images yet. Those above are from a different serie (Bounty Hunters packs ?). Some looks good (Vulture) and some others don't.

SWAFMAN
08-20-2006, 11:50 AM
How much are the Corgi Star Trek pieces going to be? ... DAMN! They've been out for 6 months and I had no idea?!? I hate that!

I was very impressed with the sculpting quality on the WOTC pieces you mentioned, but they're stuck to their bases and some were melting in the shots I saw.

Megahobby has the first two Corgi Trek pieces for about $25 each. I was looking at them just yesterday before I saw this thread.

http://www.megahobby.com/cgi-bin/shopper.exe?keywords=space&search=action

JediTricks
08-21-2006, 06:12 PM
Wow, that's a much better price than I had come across. I'll need to see them in person before I am willing to commit to that much, but it looks like a definite maybe. ;)

I picked up the Titanium 6" Falcon on Saturday after much searching, of all the Titanium 6"ers I would dare to say that this one is the most worthy successor to the Action Fleet name, I might even say it's *better* than the AF Falcon (though the AF Falcon was never what I considered a great AF, it was a good exterior mold but lacked interior quality).

Warstar
08-21-2006, 06:48 PM
*SIGH*

Still a Snowspeeder and Slave 1 on the shelf at my Target, while my K-Mart has 2 Droid Tri-Fighters and 2 ARC-170's sitting there...

My local Wal-Mart has yet to put the Ultra's on the shelf- they've never been at the store as far as I know- much like both 5-Pack Number 3 (Raw Metal Falcon) and 5-Pack Number 4 (Raw Metal Death Star).

It must be that "high-volume store stock vs. low-volume store stock" thing. However, what am I supposed to do as a collector to get cool toys as well Wal-Mart exclusives (like the 5-Packs) when the next closest Wal-Mart is 140+ miles away?

...I both love and hate Ebay...:(

At any rate, I hope to find the new Ultras soon...

sicqnus
08-22-2006, 12:02 AM
http://www.hasegawa-model.co.jp/J-index.htm (click on the SW ROTS image).
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y240/Iorek_Byrnison/milleniumfalcon0005.jpg

Here are the latest Revell of Germany snap-kits models (EasyKits). They are prepainted, easy to assemble (no glue required) models. A little bigger than the Action Fleet, they have little AF-like figures in the cockpits. They will be priced around $15 - $25 (depends on retailers) and will be out in september.

Warstar
08-22-2006, 12:33 AM
COOL!

Now if they were Die-Cast, I'd be all over them :D

sergiurusu
08-22-2006, 01:29 AM
Some of the WOTC vehicles presented here are really cool. I know they have too soft plastic but still they are the closest thing to AF...

ascmclarencoupe
08-22-2006, 08:55 AM
http://www.hasegawa-model.co.jp/J-index.htm (click on the SW ROTS image).
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y240/Iorek_Byrnison/milleniumfalcon0005.jpg

Here are the latest Revell of Germany snap-kits models (EasyKits). They are prepainted, easy to assemble (no glue required) models. A little bigger than the Action Fleet, they have little AF-like figures in the cockpits. They will be priced around $15 - $25 (depends on retailers) and will be out in september.

I have been wanting to get these Revell kits but the cost to ship them here puts them nearly out of reach of being reasonably priced. I'm sure there is a good market for them here in the states. Does anyone have a good explanation as to why they aren't being offered here?

Jangu Fett
08-22-2006, 02:51 PM
I have 2 questions about the models.

1 - How much is the Imperial Shuttle and Millennium Falcon?
2 - How big is the Falcon, in inches?

I don't know why these won't be released here in the U.S., but whatever the reason, the U.S. should get some exclusives. I think we should get the Republic Gunship and Slave-1 (Boba's ESD or Jango's AOTC)

ascmclarencoupe
08-22-2006, 03:51 PM
The Falcon is 10.6" x 14.8" x 3.1" currently at 28 Euro ($35.85)
The Shuttle is 6" x 4.6" x 9.2" and it's at 20 Euro ($25.61)

Back in April of 2005 when the first ships were announced, Star Wars.com had this posted:

On the European front, Germany's Revell Company (sister to the U.S. Revell-Monogram, LLC) has five all new Episode III vehicles planned for release soon, each with pre-painted styling and snap-together features:

ARC-170 Starfighter
Droid Tri-fighter
Obi-Wan's Jedi Starfighter
Anakin's Jedi Starfighter
AT-RT (All Terrain Recon Transport)U.S. fans will note that the ARC-170 and AT-RT will only be released abroad, and that AMT-Ertl's Corporate Alliance Droid Tank and two die-cast kits are U.S. exclusives. Time to start negotiating some international trades with fellow modellers overseas!

I have yet to see these three snap-kits on the shelf in a stateside hobby shop, maybe they were available and the hobby stores I went to just decided not to bother ordering them. Did anyone else see them here in the states?

sicqnus
08-22-2006, 04:09 PM
Here in Europe the prices were around €24.99 at the beginning for the most expensive kit, the huge StarDestroyer Venator. Now it's €19.99.
The ARC-170 and AT-RT were €17.99 and the JSFs around €13.99 (in Toystores). The new kits should be in the same price range.

JediTricks
08-22-2006, 08:57 PM
Hey, those don't look too shabby for snap models. If they came out here I might be tempted.

SWAFMAN
08-26-2006, 01:58 AM
Still really liking these Space 1999 Eagles. With people getting into the Titanium Ultras, I thought I'd bump this post back up for any new die-cast enthusiasts that might not have been on the forum when Siq originally posted this.

Also very cool and a decent price are the Aoshima Aliens Drop Ships - see March 28 2005 post here: http://www.sicqnus.com/news01.htm

http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showpost.php?p=487019&postcount=40

Finally got the regular transporter this week, so the fleet is shaping up pretty good. Unlikely that I'll ever find a chrome one, now that they're discontinued. There's even a gold one - saw it on e-Bay. Warstar, pay no attention to that last sentence. "These aren't the [ships] you're looking for. Move along." Still waiting for the VIP transporter that's supposed to be out soon, plus hoping to find a domestic seller for that cool box set with the little rover vehicle, etc..

One collector's note about these ships. The boxes are not taped shut, and there are no wire ties or any other packaging material that is deformed or destroyed in any way when you open the box and remove the ship. The packaging is wonderfully designed, using form-fitted, clamshell clear plastic inserts to hold everything in place. You can easily open a flap at one end of the box, slide out the clear plastic clamshell insert, separate it, remove the ship, and examine/play/display to you heart's content. If/when you're ready, you can put everything back in the box in perfectly MIB condition, as long as the ship was not blemished while out of its box.

sicqnus
08-26-2006, 11:13 AM
FB in UK still have them listed as "in stock items" (I mean Space 1999 Chrome and 24K gold Eagle). Pretty pricey but it could be worth to take a look on EvilBay.co.uk to see if second-hand items could be spotted.
http://www.cometminiatures.co.uk/browse.php?s_categ=94&zone=19&

As for the Aoshima Die-Cast Dropship from "Aliens", here are a few pics :
http://img169.imageshack.us/img169/6429/aoz06yq2.jpg
http://img169.imageshack.us/img169/1674/aoz05ld2.jpg
http://img224.imageshack.us/img224/6498/aoz11lo0.jpg
http://img224.imageshack.us/img224/467/aoz10eu1.jpg
http://img142.imageshack.us/img142/6841/aoz15xc7.jpg
http://img224.imageshack.us/img224/3925/aoz01hn9.jpg
http://img142.imageshack.us/img142/8378/aoz02xb1.jpg
http://img142.imageshack.us/img142/7532/aoz14bo6.jpg
http://img224.imageshack.us/img224/9339/aoz12xa1.jpg
http://img169.imageshack.us/img169/5062/dscn5736lv9.jpg

The Die-Cast Aoshima APC (comparison shots with the Konami and Galoob ones). The APC fits in the Dropship's belly (the payload door can be shut once the APC is inside - Way Cooool !) :
http://img142.imageshack.us/img142/6159/dscn5698vg4.jpg
http://img142.imageshack.us/img142/4888/dscn5748ls7.jpg
http://img242.imageshack.us/img242/5176/aosh04ja5.jpg
http://img136.imageshack.us/img136/9396/dscn5754hl2.jpg
http://img136.imageshack.us/img136/6269/dscn5748vh9.jpg
http://img242.imageshack.us/img242/7378/aosh07bv7.jpg
http://img169.imageshack.us/img169/270/aosh05nw0.jpg
http://img136.imageshack.us/img136/1672/aosh08wj3.jpg

SWAFMAN
08-26-2006, 03:22 PM
FB in UK still have them listed as "in stock items" (I mean Space 1999 Chrome and 24K gold Eagle). Pretty pricey but it could be worth to take a look on EvilBay.co.uk to see if second-hand items could be spotted. http://www.cometminiatures.co.uk/browse.php?s_categ=94&zone=19&

Alluring, but at the current exchange rate.... Is "sicqnus" Français for devilish tempter? I was told in an e-mail from Product Enterprise that the chrome Eagles are no longer being produced, so I hope I to pick one up somewhere.

sergiurusu
08-29-2006, 04:32 AM
The CLOD's cockpit has to extend upwards and leave a gap to accomodate a figure, from what I remember.

I will try to track them down and take a photo of the pair. Ironically, I ran across the props recently, but not the actual vehicles :p.

JT please don't forget to show me the pics:)

Blue2th
08-29-2006, 08:01 AM
I want one of those Aliens Dropships and APC sicgnus! I saw them at EE as a pre-order. I didn't know they were out already. Did they release them in Europe? I think I will be buying the set. Thanks for the pics.

Blue2th
08-29-2006, 08:28 AM
*SIGH*

At any rate, I hope to find the new Ultras soon...
Heads up Warstar. Hasbro Toy Shop has the Ultras your looking for. I just ordered a few http://www.hasbrotoyshop.com/SearchResults.htm?PG=1&CDT=1156857156

sicqnus
08-29-2006, 09:17 AM
I want one of those Aliens Dropships and APC sicgnus! I saw them at EE as a pre-order. I didn't know they were out already. Did they release them in Europe? I think I will be buying the set. Thanks for the pics.

I bought mine at HLJ.com (Japan - huge shipping cost). I think it could be cheaper to find one on Ebay US.
The .02 version have an Alien Queen included and no pilot (remote-controlled in the movie).
They could be found at Blister.jp but if I remember well, Blister do not ship anymore outside Japan.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Aoshima-Aliens-Dropship-Diecast-Vehicle_W0QQitemZ130004235740QQihZ003QQcategoryZ73 548QQssPageNameZWD1VQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

SWAFMAN
08-29-2006, 08:00 PM
I bought mine at HLJ.com (Japan - huge shipping cost). I think it could be cheaper to find one on Ebay US.
The .02 version have an Alien Queen included and no pilot (remote-controlled in the movie).
They could be found at Blister.jp but if I remember well, Blister do not ship anymore outside Japan.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Aoshima-Aliens-Dropship-Diecast-Vehicle_W0QQitemZ130004235740QQihZ003QQcategoryZ73 548QQssPageNameZWD1VQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Sicqnus, in your opinion is that a fair price for the dropship - $130.00 US, and $40.00 for the APC?

JediTricks
08-30-2006, 03:26 PM
JT please don't forget to show me the pics:)
Still haven't tracked 'em down, but keep reminding me, I forget too quickly.

sicqnus
09-01-2006, 05:25 PM
http://www.starbase8.de/starwars/model-kits/episode-4-6/revell-2006/falcon_detail-1.jpg
http://www.starbase8.de/starwars/model-kits/episode-4-6/revell-2006/falcon_detail-2.jpg
http://www.starbase8.de/starwars/model-kits/episode-4-6/revell-2006/t-shuttle_detail.jpg
http://www.starbase8.de/starwars/model-kits/episode-4-6/revell-2006/dv-tie-fighter_detail.jpg
http://www.starbase8.de/starwars/model-kits/episode-4-6/revell-2006/x-wing_detail.jpg

New pics of the Easykits. They are out in Germany.

Journalist : -"Do you know who Public Enemy is ?"
The woman : -"Probably someone in an office..."

RJarvis
09-01-2006, 06:27 PM
siq-

third link didn't work, but still Holy Cow!...what's the scale on those?...they look as good or better than if they had come out of the Master Replicas' studios!...

*Vader voice* "Impressive"

rj

JediTricks
09-02-2006, 02:07 AM
The third link is actually 2 links put together, I fixed it. They look amazing, especially for "easykits", if they had snap kits like this quality when I was a kid, I probably would be a pro model builder by now... ok, maybe not. :p

SWAFMAN
09-02-2006, 06:52 PM
I don't even think the code 3 falcon has as much detail in the area shown in the link of the ramp/landing gear area.

sergiurusu
09-03-2006, 11:19 AM
These look pretty cool. Do they need glue for assembly?

ascmclarencoupe
09-06-2006, 04:21 PM
I don't even think the code 3 falcon has as much detail in the area shown in the link of the ramp/landing gear area.

I love my Code 3 Falcon, but I have to say based on these pictures, the detail is noticeably better on these kits. That is understandable to me though since they are plastic and not die-cast.

Do they need glue for assembly?

Believe it or not, these are pre-painted with no glue needed. They are "snap-it-together" type kits.

SWAFMAN
09-07-2006, 10:25 AM
sicqnus,

If we were able to get enough definite requests for these, do you know any sources that could provide a shipment? Maybe it would cost less if everything shipped to one location in the USA, and then that recipient forwarded the separate items to each individual? I'd volunteer to receive them and re-pack/ship to the U.S. collectors.

Anyone interested?

ascmclarencoupe
09-07-2006, 10:33 AM
Anyone interested?

I would definitely be interested in them. :thumbsup:

I was about to pull the trigger on some of the first released kits that are on Ebay, but if we can get something worked out here, I will wait.

Brent.

RobertDD
09-07-2006, 01:14 PM
I would certainly be in for a Falcon, but all depending on what price we are talking about...

RJarvis
09-07-2006, 02:36 PM
I would certainly be in for a Falcon, but all depending on what price we are talking about...

ditto on that...i'd love to have one, but $ concerns me

rj

JediTricks
09-07-2006, 07:43 PM
ditto on that...i'd love to have one, but $ concerns me

rj
Ditto here.

sicqnus
09-07-2006, 08:23 PM
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y102/pbr/revellmf.jpg

Looks pretty nice. No need to hurry, they will be cheaper in a few weeks.

JediTricks
09-07-2006, 10:18 PM
Linky takes you to a non-viewable image.

ascmclarencoupe
09-08-2006, 09:17 AM
Linky takes you to a non-viewable image.

It appears to have been moved here:

http://www.eagletransporter.com/FORUM/viewtopic.php?t=1561

RobertDD
09-08-2006, 01:52 PM
On Amazon.de
Falcon: €29.99
Shuttle: €19.99
Tie & X-Wing: €14.99

JediTricks
09-08-2006, 04:21 PM
Thanks!

Falcon is bigger than I thought! Very nice, I may have to track that down immediately.

Shuttle lacking weathering sucks, and the sculpted detail isn't as good as earlier photos suggested either.

Those German prices are a bit higher than I expected, if we accept Euros-to-Dollars as equal even, but the Falcon might be worth $30.

ascmclarencoupe
09-29-2006, 12:33 PM
Here are some more pictures of the Revell Falcon

http://www.starshipmodeler.com/starwars/tb_rog_falcon.htm

Brent

RobertDD
09-29-2006, 03:57 PM
Is there still an initiative going to buy the falcon in bulk? (and others, but I am primarily interested in the falcon)

JediTricks
09-29-2006, 08:50 PM
Too bad that guy's camera is producing crappy pictures, the subject looks great. I'm still in on this.

SWAFMAN
10-01-2006, 08:51 PM
I'm interested (depending on the price) and willing to help receive the models and distribute them to the state-side recipients.

SWAFMAN
10-14-2006, 08:53 PM

FYI, interesting and frustrating news about that eBay listing for the Aoshima Aliens Drop Ship:

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Saturday, October 14, 2006 1:33 PM
Subject: RE: Question for item #130004235740 - Aoshima Aliens Dropship Diecast Vehicle

I actually refunded your account in full. Check out your paypal statement. Aoshima cancelled distribution here. I can’t get the products now.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Sent: Saturday, October 14, 2006 12:47 PM
To: [mailto:peter@kandpstores.com]
Subject: RE: Question for item #130004235740 - Aoshima Aliens Dropship Diecast Vehicle

Mr. Papadeas,

I just wanted to follow up to see if you've received the shipment of Aoshima Aliens drop ships yet?

Thanks

sicqnus
10-15-2006, 02:51 PM
http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/menu.aspx?menu=180&company=125

http://www.hlj.com/hljlist2/?MacroType=Toy&SeriesID=72&Dis=-2&GenreCode=Sci

These two stores are still offering the DS and APC. BigBadToys is a possible option. Drop them a mail. Usually, Aoshima reissues three times the die-cast series. I'm waiting to preorder the Aoshima Harlock Atlantis (due late october), also called DeathShadow II or Blue Arcadia in the Matsumoto's animes (Harlock saga, Galaxy Express 999, Space Battleship Yamato "StarBlazers"...). It is said it will be limited then I don't want to miss the point.

SWAFMAN
10-15-2006, 10:06 PM
http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/menu.aspx?menu=180&company=125

http://www.hlj.com/hljlist2/?MacroType=Toy&SeriesID=72&Dis=-2&GenreCode=Sci

These two stores are still offering the DS and APC. BigBadToys is a possible option. Drop them a mail. Usually, Aoshima reissues three times the die-cast series. I'm waiting to preorder the Aoshima Harlock Atlantis (due late october), also called DeathShadow II or Blue Arcadia in the Matsumoto's animes (Harlock saga, Galaxy Express 999, Space Battleship Yamato "StarBlazers"...). It is said it will be limited then I don't want to miss the point.

Thank you, sicqnus. I will try to order through bigbadtoys. It is listed by them as preorder, so I'll hope they're able to fulfill the order.

sicqnus
10-16-2006, 08:26 AM
Their prices are ok, considering you'll not have to pay the shipping cost from overseas and the taxes.

SWAFMAN
10-16-2006, 10:38 AM
That Arcadia is a very nice looking ship.

sicqnus
10-16-2006, 02:37 PM
http://img114.imageshack.us/img114/8800/dscn4941hp0.jpg
http://img271.imageshack.us/img271/2006/harl0092ee8.jpg
Yes, very nice. As were the Arcadia (Aoshima) and the Argo "Space Battleship Yamato" (Bandaï - SenseikiGokin Soul of Popynica). Heavy die-cast with light-up features. Amazing.
The APC is also very heavy for its size. Tires are made of rubber. A really cool item, worth the purchase to my opinion.

sicqnus
10-21-2006, 06:55 AM
Here are ths first pics of the WOTC first two ships. Too soft plastic as I feared... Looks good anyway but not stunning.

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=starwars/article/SBPreview1oiun

JediTricks
10-21-2006, 03:26 PM
This is the same kinds of mistakes that they did with the AT-AT in their other miniatures line, odd misshaping and slightly drooping plastic. I wish they had shown some of the actual ships that go with it.

Warstar
10-21-2006, 06:57 PM
I may still get them IF A) the ships look better in person OR B) the game mechanics are fun :)

We'll see- but yeah- I remain a little unimpressed...

sergiurusu
10-22-2006, 02:28 AM
Not really bad, but even the SSD from the pic is a bit bent... They should have used sturdier plastic like on the Hailfire Droid. I'll have to see them before buying

sicqnus
11-02-2006, 02:29 PM
New from Corgi, the two starfighters from Captain Scarlet (the 70's and the 2000's versions) made in die-cast metal. Available in UK first it seems.

http://www.cometminiatures.co.uk/browse.php?s_categ=141&zone=17&

sicqnus
11-13-2006, 08:52 AM
Just found this set in HLJ.com
Some of them looks very good. A little smaller than the AF but the figs looks the same scale. (Votoms Trading figures by Takara). The ships are pretty cool.
http://www.hlj.com/product/TKT72071

sergiurusu
11-14-2006, 01:31 AM
These looks pretty cool. :thumbsup: Are they MM sized?

Mothman
11-14-2006, 09:44 AM
Action Fleet I think Siq said

sergiurusu
11-14-2006, 11:43 AM
smaller than AF he said...

sicqnus
11-14-2006, 03:38 PM
1/144 is half the size of Action Fleet. Haven't seen the scale at first. The Action Fleet, at least the fighters are - very roughly - 1/72e scale.

sicqnus
12-13-2006, 08:26 AM
For those interested, new Gashapons from the TV serie UFO are on the way. They will be available in february 2007 in Japan. By Konami Japan.
Link : http://www.hlj.com/product/KNM13057

Jangu Fett
01-10-2007, 03:48 PM
Just seen a list of 2007 Revell Star Wars Easykits. No pics, or price yet :sad: . Hopefully soon.

1 - AT-AT
2 - Snowspeeder
3 - Y-Wing Starfighter
4 - Slave-1

JediTricks
01-14-2007, 06:19 AM
Corgi Star Trek Die-Cast Klingon Bird of Prey - this line never showed up in my area, so I had no idea what to expect, I tried to buy from EE but they haven't gotten it in yet. Checked ebay and saw a disturbing statement: it was 4" by 5", dinky for something that MSRPs for $25! I found one from www.flyingmule.com for $10 plus $8 shipping, much better, so I bought it. The packaging is a tube design, seems fancy but more for cars, not spaceships; it's resealable, though the stand halves are on blisters on either end so don't rip them all the way off if you want to reuse. The ship is pretty small, like a thin Action Fleet vehicle, and fairly lightweight, but has a satisfying sculpt and very nice paintjob. There are some pretty well-done little sculpted details, though naturally the metal sculpt is never going to be as sharp as the plastic elements. The wings are not movable sadly, but are fixed in the right position. The cannons and upper rear hull are plastic but blend nicely with the metal elements and have a crisp, unwarped shape. The paint is top notch, although the dayglow-orange engines should really be red. The stand is a thin, painted Klingon Empire logo plugged into a black base, there's even a rubber collar between it and the ship, there's no fancy angle and it just looks good. The ship looks to be close to scale with my Art Asylum Enterprise-A (the K-BoP was much smaller than the Ent). My only other complaints are that the the photon torpedo tube is too simple, the sculpted copyright logos are a bit much, and they didn't sculpt the side-hatch on the bridge. Overall, it's a nice ship that does justice to the source material, but feels like it'd be $10-overpriced if I had paid full price, and it really should have had movable wings. Grade: B

sicqnus
01-28-2007, 04:45 PM
Possible New Galactica Toys.

Diamond Select Toys & Collectibles reveals in a recent press release an expansion on their licensing agreement with Universal Studios Consumer Products Group. The new deal, in addition to 2" Minimates, resin statues and busts, allows DST to manufacture action figures and ships based on the SCI FI Channel hit original series, Battlestar Galactica. Size of the ships will probably be similar to what JoyRide made with the Action-Fleet-like classic ships to not compete with Hasbro's Titanium products.
With sculpts well underway, DST plans to release the first action figure assortment this summer. The debut series will feature several key characters from the series, including the seductive Six.
We will know more during the next US ToyShows.

JediTricks
01-28-2007, 10:51 PM
Last year I believe AA/DST announced the minimates and said they'd have ships to go with them. The other lines they've done this for, the vehicles are rather unimpressive as they've been super-deformed down to a single-seat vehicle about the size of a minimate. Hopefully, they'll also do a real set of vehicles as well though.

Unfortunately, DST kinda sucks I think, their lines are all barely on the map due to DST distributing chiefly through themselves which takes mass-retail out of the question.

sicqnus
02-06-2007, 02:27 PM
Coming soon in Europe, the Revell of Germany StarWars EasyKits "mini". Snapfast already painted minis. First wave will include ARC-170 fighter, Tie Interceptor, X-wing, ETA-II Jedi Starfighters (Obi & Anakin) and DV's Tie. No price tag yet. They should be available this summer.

Gallery here :
http://www.mintinbox.net/Actus/07-02/revell07

Jangu Fett
02-06-2007, 04:45 PM
Wonder how big those are? Looks pretty good, I'll try to get those. And the Slave-1 model. Did anyone else notice that the pic on Slave-1s box has what looks like it flying >( right ). Still lying down. I only say this because the lasers are pointing in the same direction, and firing. But the wings are in the correct position.

ascmclarencoupe
02-06-2007, 05:55 PM
Most of the SW easy-kits from last year averaged about 200 mm.
I would think that these are close to that.

Obi-Wan & Anakin's Jedi Starfighter - 198 mm
Droid Tri-Fighter - 185 mm
Vader's TIE-Fighter - 160 mm
X-Wing - 200 mm
Imperial Shuttle - 166 mm
Millennium Falcon - 255 mm
ARC-170 - 214 mm
AT-RT - 138 mm x 182 mm

sicqnus
02-06-2007, 06:08 PM
Most of the SW easy-kits from last year averaged about 200 mm.
I would think that these are close to that.

The mini kits are on the last three pics at the bottom of the page. I guess they will be more around the 100mm-120mm long. I saw EasyKits mini of helicopters and jets from Revell and this was the size range. Price was around 7-8 Euros each (up to 12Euros, depends on Toyshops).

Jangu Fett
02-06-2007, 09:49 PM
Well I had to read this twice to make sure I wasn't dreaming. For those who like the clix mini games, or just a collector like me. a new clix CMG due this year, that has vehicles, with interchangable minis. I'know, no big deal right, someone is thinking Mage Knights Riders. Think bigger, think sci-Fi.

Now for me this is AWESOME as a fan and a collector or the AF, and the game it's based on. Not as good as the AF, but close scale figures and ships. And a story that rates up there with SW, IMO. What game????

HALO

Here's a link. - http://www.action-figure.com/index.php?name=News&file=article&sid=21063

This may not be news to everyone , but for me this is HUGE. This is like Hasbro saying the original AF is coming back. To me anywy.:pleased: :thumbsup:

ascmclarencoupe
02-07-2007, 10:47 AM
The mini kits are on the last three pics at the bottom of the page. I guess they will be more around the 100mm-120mm long. I saw EasyKits mini of helicopters and jets from Revell and this was the size range. Price was around 7-8 Euros each (up to 12Euros, depends on Toyshops).

Ok, I totally missed the "mini" part of your post, my bad. :stupid:
So these "pocket" kits are pretty close in size to the current Titanium line then, that's pretty neat.
I wish these Easy Kits were available in the U.S.