PDA

View Full Version : Medicom Vader

Turambar
02-25-2005, 05:54 PM
HOLY %$##@!
Have y'all seen this 12" medicom vader? Looks like I had better start saving my pennies. If this is going to be a line, then the Luke jedi is starting to look more tempting, too. I would love it if Medicom continued making figures that have not been covered by marmit: biker scout, royal guard, snowtrooper, imperial gunner, etc.

BigBuck71
02-26-2005, 02:52 AM
I'd love to get a 12" Medicom Darth Vader too! I have actually collected more of the 12" figures from Star Wars more than the small 3 3/4" figures. I'd love to get the Luke - Jedi Medicom too. These are really expensive, but the nicest 12" Star Wars figures I've ever seen.

sith_killer_99
02-26-2005, 10:30 AM
Hmm, with Medicom doing these new 12 inch figures, I woulder if we will ever see that 12 inch Marmit Vader that was talked about sooo many years ago.

I thought Hasbro was pressuring everyone to stay away from making 12 inch figures, as they usually end up embarassing and humiliating Hasbro at every turn.

I really like Medicom's 12 inch Vader and hope to buy one.

Exhaust Port
02-26-2005, 11:27 AM
Are there any pictures of this Vader version? I've never seen nor heard of a 12" Vader by Medicom. (not that I'm saying that it doesn't exist, I'm just not familiar with the company).

sith_killer_99
02-26-2005, 12:17 PM
Steve posted it on the front page the other day, here is the link:

http://www.sirstevesguide.com/news/?m=show&id=31038

Exhaust Port
02-26-2005, 12:51 PM
Thanks. I just got back in town after a few weeks away and haven't caught up yet. :)

CropDuster
03-02-2005, 03:15 PM
That is unbelievable. What a great rendition of vader, I hope the final product looks as good as the photo indicates. I guess that the posted picture is that of a prototype version, right? IMO that would be the best vader yet produced.

Jayspawn
03-03-2005, 10:41 AM
Looks great! I'd be getting one if I wasnt already getting Sideshow's Vader Statue.

PoweredConvoy
03-03-2005, 01:34 PM
I got my Jedi Luke the other day (the pictures don't do it justice). And it's amazing! The best 12" Star Wars figure I've seen. At least with a human likeness. The joints are really tight (but easy to move) and he's so poseable. The likeness is dead on, he makes the Hasbro 12" look ridiculous even the OTC ones. Though the belt was hard to get on originally, it's a piece of cake now. The only complaint I have is that the gray flap on his shirt can't be flipped down to simulate the end of the movie. The robe/cape is awesome too, with wires in the hood to get it to look like it does in the movie.

Now you can imagine how excited I am that they're doing a Vader to go with the Luke. I think I'm going to dedicated a shelf to just these two fighting. I can't tell if this Vader is based on the latest version of ROTJ with the no eyebrows or if he has eyebrows. So awesome, and you know it's going to be superposeable. It's release is in June, you can bet I'll own it! I wonder if it'll cost more than the Luke considering the size and complexity of the outfit (though Luke's is complex too).

Randy

BigBuck71
03-03-2005, 02:58 PM
How much did your Medicom Luke Skywalker cost? The 12" figures for Star Wars are my favorites. I have seen this Luke online for close to $100 or more than that. Let me know. Yeah, I'd be interested in owning the new Medicom Darth Vader too!

Reefer Shark
03-03-2005, 05:46 PM
The Medicoms usually run $180 to $200. Too expensive IMO. Even so, I would buy this Vader, but all reports say his actual height is 12".

This is the only thing that stops me from getting one, he would not really look right next to Jedi Luke if he's the same height. Vader needs to be a towering monster!

PoweredConvoy
03-06-2005, 11:03 AM
How much did your Medicom Luke Skywalker cost? The 12" figures for Star Wars are my favorites. I have seen this Luke online for close to $100 or more than that. Let me know. Yeah, I'd be interested in owning the new Medicom Darth Vader too!

About $160. :( Which is really expensive, but when you really want something as high calibur as this, it's sometimes worth it to pay that much. Though my wallet doesn't think so.

Randy

Turambar
03-06-2005, 01:26 PM
Anyone know how much these things are going for over in Japan? I figured they'd be really jacked up on ebay since they can only be found in asia.

PoweredConvoy
03-07-2005, 03:00 AM
http://www.hlj.com/product/MEDRAH-200

At that link you can see how much Luke costs at Japanese retail, 16800 yen which is about $160. Boy I wish the strength of the American dollar would go back up to what it was a couple years back. :(

Randy

Reefer Shark
03-09-2005, 05:11 PM
Well, in the good ole U.S. you can pre-order one of these for $239.00 OUCH!

They say it's 30cm high at BigBadToyStore, does anyone know what that converts to in inches? If this thing is tall enough, I may just fork over the cash for it...

Here's a link to the pre-order - BigBadToyStore.com (http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/toystan.asp?Queryid=pr452)

Turambar
03-10-2005, 09:34 AM
Well, now I'm sold. That's close to 14 in. Over 13.6, I believe.

Reefer Shark
03-22-2005, 11:11 PM
They've got a few new pics of the Medicom Vader over at Amoktime.com (http://www.amoktime.com/detail.asp?product_id=swmedicom2).

Looks pretty nice! Unfortunately their pre-order price is $249.99.