PDA

View Full Version : Full March 11th ROTS Theatrical Trailer Synopsis!!

Beast
02-26-2005, 07:53 AM
It may not be quite as fun as seeing the trailer (which we'll be able to do very soon), but the full synopsis for the trailer has turned up online. I snagged this from a sister forum to SSG, and decided to pass it on. For all those geeks like me who are chomping at the bit for the final full theatrical trailer to Episode III. And trust me true believer, even reading the synopsis will blow your socks clean off!! :)

LFL Logo, Fox logo etc.

A Theta-Class shuttle and three fighters fly by the camera towards Coruscant.

Coruscant, late afternoon, the Republic Executive Office appears for a brief moment.

Palpatine (close-up, speaking very slowly, deliberately, looking straight ahead, watching the ballet)

PALPATINE
...The dark side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be... unnatural.

Anakin closeup (extremely focused on Palpatine's words)

ANAKIN
Is this possible to learn those powers?"

Palpatine (close-up, matter-of-factly, facing Anakin)

PALPATINE
Not from a Jedi.

A civilian shuttle turns over the Coruscant cityscape towards the Senate building.

Obi-Wan and Anakin are inside the Temple, walking down stairs.

OBI-WAN
The Council wants you to report on all the Chancellors dealings.

Magna Guards stand with two battle droids.

ANAKIN
That's treason.

Palpatine standing up from his chair in his private office.

OBI-WAN
We are at war, Anakin.

The space battle and some explosion where clone-troopers die.

Anakin moves to take a seat in the Chancellor's private viewing box in Galaxies Opera. We see huge spheres of water levitating over stage with dancers inside them.

Mace (voice over, in a grim voice)

MACE
...Very dangerous putting them together...

Palpatine in his office, patting Anakin's shoulder.

MACE
I don't think the boy can handle it...

Mace & Obi in the gunship over Coruscant.

MACE
I don't trust him.

Tri droids blazing guns, Republic fighter exploding, debris flying by.

Palpatine in his office (concerned).

PALPATINE
I need your help, son.

Palpatine walks away from Anakin:

PALPATINE
I'm appointing you to be my personal representative on the Jedi Council.

Anakin standing in the middle of the Jedi Council room. We see him from behind. Ki-Adi-Mundi and Plo-Koon appear holographic with other Jedi Masters present.

MACE
You're on this Council, but we do not grant you the rank of Master.

Kenobi looks away from Anakin's reaction.

ANAKIN (close-up, shocked)
What?

In Padme's apartment - Bedroom.

ANAKIN ( to Padme, bitterly)
Obi-Wan and the Council don't trust me.

Huge gun with clone crew, large explosion aboard ship.

Palpatine (V.O)
Learn to know the dark side of the Force...

Anakin grim and focused, listening; then with Padme, at night on the balcony.

PALPATINE in his office (forcefully)
... And you'll achieve power greater than any Jedi.

Anakin briefly fighting Dooku and then the posse entering private office.

Music stops.

The Jedi ignite lightsabers.

MACE
You're under arrest, Chancellor.

Palpatine in his chair carefully controlling his anger.

PALPATINE
Are you threatening me, Master Jedi?"

Close up: lightsaber hilt snaps to Palpatine's hand with audible click.

From now on, 10 drum beats and no other sound - one for each short (second or two) scene

- Posse enter, but this time Sidious jumps in its direction from behind (over) the camera, we only see his back; then Mace in defensive pose;

- ship (Grievous' fighter) flying away from a planet;

- Obi-Wan in huge control room on Utapau, totally surrounded by battle droids, MagnaGuards and Grievous;

- capital ships fighting in close quarters, one of them falling down smoking heavily;

- Bail shouting in his speeder, with blaster shots flying by;

- Obi-Wan's fighter flying over Utapau;

- Anakin hanging in the elevator (turbolift) shaft;

- camera flying down to Mustafar surface;

- Grievous vs. Obi-Wan duel; we see Grievous from behind only; his fighter and some rocks in the background.

- one-tracked vehicle (tank) speeding on and closing to the camera; Wookiees jump off it, one of them straight on the camera.

Longshot: pillar of smoke over Jedi Temple.

Music returns.

Emperor's voice from the Original Trilogy.

SIDIOUS
Every single Jedi is now an enemy of the Republic...

During this line, brief scenes are shown: Sidious' not so pretty face, Obi-Wan looking anxiously at droids closing on him, then Mace with saber and Palpatine's back (his hair indicates strong wind), then Yoda with clones behind his back - aiming blasters at him.

Chewbacca (close-up), roars.

Tantive IV flies by, towards a planet.

PALPATINE (V.O.):
Do what must be done.

During this line: Anakin Skywalker looks very dark and dangerous, hooded in robe, then leading ranks of troops (shot first from high above and then from ground level, closing to the camera).

PALPATINE (cont.):
Do not hesitate...

During this line: Aayla Secura surrounded by clones who aim blasters at her....

PALPATINE (cont.):
Show no mercy...

Ki-Adi-Mundi also surrounded by clones; they open fire and he tries to block shots with lightsaber.

Then, Anakin Skywalker approaches the camera, probably in a Mustafar bunker, then cuts down two separtists.

OBI-WAN KENOBI (to Yoda inside the Temple):
Who could have done this?

Anakin Skywalker cutting a Neimoidian.

A very sith-like Anakin Skywalker, standing on the pillared balcony on Mustafar, in dark cloak and hood.

YODA (to Obi-Wan):
Twisted by the dark side young Skywalker has become.

Anakin Skywalker cutting into another Neimoidian.

Threepio, leaving Padme on the balcony, Coruscant at night: "I feel so helpless...".

Then a montage:

* Battle over Coruscant.
* Jedi starfighter incoming.
* Padme crying.
* Anakin and Obi-Wan duel in large hall.
* Coruscant battle again.
* Kashyyk battle.
* Obi-Wan and Anakin exchange lightsaber blows in a narrow corridor, with sparks flying off the walls.
* Sidious shooting force lightning at a surprised Yoda.
* Obi-Wan with hands outstretched for a force push, determined and tight, like in a contest "who's stronger in The Force".
* A 10-wheeled Juggernatu tank shoots rockets straight ahead.
* Space battle with R2 close-up.
* Obi-wan jumps back, down to the circuit/ pipe hanging over a lava river.
* Anakin Skywalker with lava in the background.
* Obi-Wan Kenobi with lava in the background, shouting very dramatically, almost through the tears:

OBI-WAN KENOBI -
You were the chosen one!

* Space explosions.
* Sidious throwing Senate pods with The Force.
* Yoda avoiding them and rolling over - Senate chamber in the background.
* Sidious with lightsaber close-up, with a very sinister smile or laugh.
* Craft flying over water, possibly on Kashyyyk; fountains of water arise.
* Huge wave of lava falls over a pipe on Mustafar.
* Obi-Wan and Anakin duel on the balcony. (The same place where Anakin stood earlier, Sith-looking).
* Yoda looks up at the camera, close-up.
* Mace swinging his saber and kicking or falling back
* Space battle again.
* Anakin and Obi-Wan exchange lightsaber blows in mid-air, flying over lava on long cables...

Episode III Revenge of the Sith

Breathing...

Shot from their left side, aboard the Star Destroyer: Vader folding arms on his chest and and Emperor staring straight ahead.
MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Slicker
02-26-2005, 08:33 AM
:eek::eek:Thank you much JJB. Just the read up allowed me to get very, very good mental pictures in my mind. I can't wait to see this trailer let alone the movie. 2 more weeks until this one comes out. I can't wait to see Robots.

mabudonicus
02-26-2005, 08:36 AM
I think there's only one word that sums up my feelings on this, and that word is ":beard:"

Mr. JabbaJohnL
02-26-2005, 11:17 AM
Holy crap . . . this sounds amazing. It seems to give away a lot, though. This movie will simply be the best thing ever!

General_Grievous
02-26-2005, 12:41 PM
I cannot wait until March 11th. Episode 3 looks to be better than TPM and AOTC combined. It may even be better than ROTJ. I'm especially psyched about the clones aiming their blasters at the Jedi. "You were the chosen one!" Awesome.

JEDIpartner
02-26-2005, 01:03 PM
I wonder if it will premiere on Hyperspace a day or so sooner... Very nice!

Jek Porky 2002
02-26-2005, 03:25 PM
What movie is it likely to be in front of?

General_Grievous
02-26-2005, 03:33 PM
Robots. Thank god, too, because it's a movie that I was probably going to see anyway.

hango fett
02-26-2005, 07:24 PM
yes. robots looks pretty funny! robin williams always makes me laugh!
the trailer sounds so awsome it is almost unbearable to wait 2 more weeks....
i agree with JP that HS should have it up a few days before the movie comes out.
HF

Mr. JabbaJohnL
02-26-2005, 08:22 PM
Robots. Thank god, too, because it's a movie that I was probably going to see anyway.
I doubt I'll see it, the only draw for me would be the trailer on the big screen. I watched a nine-minute scene from Robots and it was less than stellar. Oh well, I'll see it online and wherever else they show it!

Kidhuman
02-26-2005, 09:37 PM
DAmn it, its only 13 days away,less than two weeks, YAY!!!!!!!!!!!

tagmac
02-27-2005, 09:27 PM
I won't be seeing "Robots," so it's gonna be an online viewing for me. Two weeks just can't come fast enough.

It could be just a mix of two scenes, but Lucas is giving Chewie a much more important role in the saga - that of the biggest hero of all, the one who saved Yoda. What a scene that would be, to have our favorite Jedi master about to be blasted, only to have Chewbacca lead the charge as the clones get slaughtered by an angry band of Wookies.

.......sort of like the scene where the Ewoks blow the battle horns in ROTJ, only the way it SHOULD have been before Lucas changed his mind.

Can't wait to see the scene where Mace confronts Palpy.....it's a shame that we already know who's gonna win that battle. I would have loved to have scene Windu practically go postal and completely destroy Palpatine.

2-1B
02-28-2005, 12:10 AM
There's no way that Chewie will be on the same planet as Palps, let alone in the same shot.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
02-28-2005, 12:05 PM
I won't be seeing "Robots," so it's gonna be an online viewing for me. Two weeks just can't come fast enough.

It could be just a mix of two scenes, but Lucas is giving Chewie a much more important role in the saga - that of the biggest hero of all, the one who saved Yoda. What a scene that would be, to have our favorite Jedi master about to be blasted, only to have Chewbacca lead the charge as the clones get slaughtered by an angry band of Wookies.

.......sort of like the scene where the Ewoks blow the battle horns in ROTJ, only the way it SHOULD have been before Lucas changed his mind.

Can't wait to see the scene where Mace confronts Palpy.....it's a shame that we already know who's gonna win that battle. I would have loved to have scene Windu practically go postal and completely destroy Palpatine.
We definitely need to see some Wookiees pulling arms out of their sockets, as Han said. That would be so wicked! :eek:

Yeah, Chewie never leaves Kashyyyk, and Palpatine never goes there. I mean, in this film, anyway.

tagmac
02-28-2005, 12:35 PM
I was actually referring to a mix of the scenes of Chewie roaring and the clones aiming their blasters at Yoda - personally, I hope this wasn't just edited together, but is what actually happens - the clones aim at Yoda, and Chewie roars as a signal to the other wookies to attack. Palpy's voice is obviously just a voicover, likely referring to the signal for the clones to turn on the Jedi.

2-1B
02-28-2005, 02:23 PM
We definitely need to see some Wookiees pulling arms out of their sockets, as Han said. That would be so wicked! :eek:

Really ? I just always thought he was saying that to mess with Threepio.

IS there rumor that we'll see arms being pulled out of sockets ? Interesting. :)

Sorry tagmac, didn't mean to read your post wrong like that. I think I read elsewhere, someone was speculating that maybe Chewie had a scene with Palps and you were obviously not saying that - sorry. :)

tagmac
02-28-2005, 04:59 PM
No prob. Someone did question what Chewie and Palpy were doing in the same scene earlier in the thread, but it's all good.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
02-28-2005, 06:21 PM
Really ? I just always thought he was saying that to mess with Threepio.

IS there rumor that we'll see arms being pulled out of sockets ? Interesting. :)

Sorry tagmac, didn't mean to read your post wrong like that. I think I read elsewhere, someone was speculating that maybe Chewie had a scene with Palps and you were obviously not saying that - sorry. :)
There's no rumor, as far as I know. It was just wishful thinking on my part.

hango fett
02-28-2005, 06:56 PM
that's all thats left to be known about ROTS, is what we wishfully think might happen that hasn't leaked out yet. i personally hope that yoda doesn't flat out loose to palpy, but just backs off or escapes because he knows that the emperor is just as powerful if not more than he is.
HF

Jargo
03-02-2005, 09:51 AM
General Grievous seems superfluous to this movie with all that going on. Really is an unneeded sub plot. It's enough that Dooku gets wasted and the seperatists too. then the palpy anakin jedi triad plot. and then the wasting of the jedi and turn of the clones. And then the final battle tween anakin and Obi and the birth of the babies. There's enough of a story there without the silliness of Grievous. I'd like to see a cut of the movie without Grievous.

stillakid
03-02-2005, 01:02 PM
Holy crap . . . this sounds amazing. It seems to give away a lot, though. This movie will simply be the best thing ever!

I don't know. The wheel was pretty good in its day. That and electricity. Oh, and food. Shelter ranks up there. Peace treaties. Dandelions on a warm Spring day. The loving embrace of your children. Personally, I'd rank those a lot higher than any movie. And since it's a Prequel we're talking about, well, you know.... ;)

hango fett
03-02-2005, 03:00 PM
no way jargo. obi needs something to do while anikan is killing the younglings.
HF

Mr. JabbaJohnL
03-02-2005, 06:17 PM
I don't know. The wheel was pretty good in its day. That and electricity. Oh, and food. Shelter ranks up there. Peace treaties. Dandelions on a warm Spring day. The loving embrace of your children. Personally, I'd rank those a lot higher than any movie. And since it's a Prequel we're talking about, well, you know.... ;)
Smart***. ;) :D

Jargo
03-02-2005, 08:21 PM
no way jargo. obi needs something to do while anikan is killing the younglings.
HF

well we manage to get away without seeing obi-wan for like twenty minutes in episode four so I'm sure a few minutes without him on screen aren't going to hurt the movie. Or maybe he could have spent the time explaining away the plot holes of the last two movies? :evil:

I'm being so restrained here. hope you appreciate that. and staying rightout of the toys forums. there's just no point saying anything about those THINGS anymore. but the movie, well, it's open season now so much has been thrown away by the movie making secret society that is lucasfilm. kept a really tight lid on this one eh? :rolleyes:

2-1B
03-03-2005, 01:00 AM
Jargo, I was thinking about that recently as well. For 2 and a half years the mere thought of spilling one bean out of a million is heresy to LFL but in the several months leading up to the movie they just go ahead and dump it all out there. :D

mabudonicus
03-03-2005, 06:12 AM
Jargo, Your restraint is quite impressive Bro :beard:

And after hearing the clip of Grievous I have to say I agree, hopefully he'll be woven into the film suchthat you can avoid him with a few well time snack-breaks (although he might look pretty cool...)
But I really think Dooku could have been used a lot better, if what I've heard is true he gets REAL short shrift, no doubt partly due to Sergeant Serious (or maybe Ensign Egregious)

stillakid
03-03-2005, 08:56 AM
Jargo, I was thinking about that recently as well. For 2 and a half years the mere thought of spilling one bean out of a million is heresy to LFL but in the several months leading up to the movie they just go ahead and dump it all out there. :D

I was thinking that he should have shot this like a sit-com, with a live studio audience. Just think of all the money he could've made from legions of fan-boys lining up to watch the hilarity ensue. lol

Mr. JabbaJohnL
03-03-2005, 11:14 AM
well we manage to get away without seeing obi-wan for like twenty minutes in episode four so I'm sure a few minutes without him on screen aren't going to hurt the movie. Or maybe he could have spent the time explaining away the plot holes of the last two movies? :evil:

I'm being so restrained here. hope you appreciate that. and staying rightout of the toys forums. there's just no point saying anything about those THINGS anymore. but the movie, well, it's open season now so much has been thrown away by the movie making secret society that is lucasfilm. kept a really tight lid on this one eh? :rolleyes:
Nice to see you back (out of the Muppets thread anyway) even if you're being pessimistic. I just wanted to ask you about the new figures - have you actually seen the new ones coming out for ROTS? They look to be tons better than anything accomplished since AOTC came out. A lot of them even look better than POTJ or late Saga figures! Why don't you like them?

Jargo
03-03-2005, 02:02 PM
seen 'em and saying nothing. If I start I'll just keep going and frankly i don't have the energy anymore. Lets just say that I spent the last three days bundling up a lot of star wars toys I own to take down to a junk sale.....

Yeah mabudon, shame Chris Lee has been underused in both movies. same fate he suffered in LOTR. They keep saying what a great actor he is and then cut his scenes down or out of the movies. I'd have watched half a movie of Chris Lee being evil before I'll sit through some hokey CGI creation with a pantomime villain voice and bogus characterisation. who isn't even a boon to the whole story.

Dooku was a cool villain. There was a whole bunch of storylines they could have taken him down. but no, they've reduced him to a few lines and a really crappy end.

I'm also having real problems with the huge design shift in this movie. Still not believing for one minute that the tie and x-wing fighters came from those dumb designs in episode two. Still wondering how the republic army can totally equip itself in such a short space of time with such a massive arsenal of gear. And still thinking George Lucas is a psycho freak with an dismemberment fetish who needs therapy.

just because there's no blood doesn't make it any better than a slash em up movie. It's still senseless violence being fed to kids. but hey, I'm in a bad mood at the moment. Even the Muppets are annoying me.

Slicker
03-03-2005, 02:17 PM
Still wondering how the republic army can totally equip itself in such a short space of time with such a massive arsenal of gear.I'm not one to defend the prequels by a long shot but on this I'm assuming that you're talking about the 10 years it takes to grow and train the clones and construct the spaceships, guns, and land vehicles from scratch. Am I right? If so just look no further than the real world example that was Nazi Germany. They literally built up an army of 100,000 men with no planes, tanks, or big warships into a 10,000,000 man army with many battleships, 1,000's of tanks, 10,000's of airplanes and they did it all in a short span of 6 1/2 years.

I'm not trying to start any stuff but I've read alot of posts where people try to debunk how the Clone Army could've just materialized out of nowhere when in actuality it was built in secrecy on a near non-existent planet.

Jargo
03-03-2005, 04:13 PM
Nope I'm talking about the total re-equip between episodes 2 and 3. Not that it matters because it's all nonsense anyway. I'd much rather Lucas stopped trying to explain everything away as legitimate story and plot and just fessed up and said "I put it in coz it's pretty and I like it and it's my movie so **** the lot of you" and leave it at that. At least that would be believable.

hango fett
03-03-2005, 05:13 PM
so why do you even bother to talk about the prequels? why not just drop the constant bashing of them and stuff. i honestly cringe every time i have seen your post on here, jargo. that goes the same for stillakid. we know you guys have something against the prequels, we just don't need to hear it every other post. at least i don't. but that is my opinion and how am i to have any knowledge...
HF

stillakid
03-03-2005, 06:38 PM
so why do you even bother to talk about the prequels? why not just drop the constant bashing of them and stuff. i honestly cringe every time i have seen your post on here, jargo. that goes the same for stillakid. we know you guys have something against the prequels, we just don't need to hear it every other post. at least i don't. but that is my opinion and how am i to have any knowledge...
HF

Hey, that's not fair. :mad: It's more like every 10th post. :D

If that's all you "hear" from me, then you're not paying much attention. And that lack of attention to reality and detail would explain why someone would love the Prequels. :rolleyes:

Slicker
03-03-2005, 06:54 PM
Not trying to start anything Stilla just an honest question. If you don't like the prequels then why do you continue to buy the toys? I would have to think just a love for anything SW but one never knows.

hango fett
03-03-2005, 07:59 PM
i meant in general. i just can't stand it when you guys sit there and bash bash bash bash these movies.
HF

Kidhuman
03-03-2005, 08:28 PM
Okay, this thread isnt a discussion of prequel bashing, its about the trailer sysnopsis. Lets keep it on point please. If you dont like what the person has toso, skip their posts then....everyone is entitled to an opinion

stillakid
03-03-2005, 08:36 PM
i meant in general. i just can't stand it when you guys sit there and bash bash bash bash these movies.
HF

I think I've at least earned 5 "bashes" next to my name. :sur:

;)

Lord Malakite
03-03-2005, 08:57 PM
I think I've at least earned 5 "bashes" next to my name. :sur:

;)

If you say so. I'll be back with the whip and you will get your 5 lashes, er I mean bashes. ;) Now lets get this thread back on topic. :D

Jargo
03-04-2005, 05:07 AM
so why do you even bother to talk about the prequels? why not just drop the constant bashing of them and stuff. i honestly cringe every time i have seen your post on here, jargo. that goes the same for stillakid. we know you guys have something against the prequels, we just don't need to hear it every other post. at least i don't. but that is my opinion and how am I to have any knowledge...
HF

I suggest you use the ignore user option then.

If you actually read my posts properly you'd understand that just like you I simply put forward my opinion. If you take these movies as pieces of art, art that has been placed in the eyes of the public then public opinion will be bilateral and often dichotomous or even polarised and offering points of contention regarding the merits of the piece and its worth.

A forum is a place for discussion, debate and opinion. but what you've actually said amounts to despot behaviour. The desire to do away with opposing opinion.

I'm simply offering critique of elements. poorly executed areas of the work of art. I believe Lucas has said that some things are put into the movie as whimsy. well my point is that whimsy has no place in the foreground of a movie. fine to put it in the background where it won't disturb the story or action. Such as the tie fighter and x-wing in AOTC, but when it comes to main players and characters whimsy isn't the appropriate course. General Grievous as a concept in my opinion falls into the category of whimsy and is therefore in my opinion an error of judgement. Edited from the story of revenge it makes no difference whether the's there or not. The story works well enough without him. had the time taken to include him been spent expanding on the character of Count Dooku the movie would have been a much classier piece and in my opinion a better crafted piece with logical conclusion and closure to the Dooku sub plot. The fact that Lucas chose to include another CGI character at this late stage of the saga and make him a main character says to me that he lacks confidence in his art and went for the hollywood wow factor which in my opinion cheapens the piece and detracts entirely from the whole flow of the saga.

I also criticise the Lucas method of choosing designs and the whole back design of the vehicles from episode four to the prequels. entirely illogical.
The man has gone to great pains to attempt to have his opus taken seriously and then stuffs it all up by being lazy and inconsistent. The shift from the team of designers in AOTC to the team on ROS is strange in that they have completely different design outlooks and styles. episodes 1 and 2 had a very similar look to them but episode 3 seems to have been constructed on the one hand as a sequel regarding the characters but as a stand alone regarding the designs. to my mind it doesn't gel at all.

now, if you don't like reading my posts don't read 'em. simple as.

Slicker
03-04-2005, 06:49 AM
Here's a TV commercial announcing the trailer before The O.C. It shows several short clips from the trailer. It's up on the official site. Ep. III clip (http://www.starwars.com/episode-iii/release/trailer/theocspot.html)

Kidhuman
03-04-2005, 09:57 AM
Sweeeeeeeeeeeeettttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt tttttttttttt!!!!!!!!!!!!

CaptainSolo1138
03-04-2005, 10:01 AM
Might make hearing the OC worth while!

jedi master sal
03-10-2005, 11:48 PM
Damn, JJB hit it exactly on the mark!

Good thing I didn't completely memorize the synopsis.

Most excellent trailer.

I was able to digital capture it from my vcr to my digicamcorder to my computer. I've been watching it all night and have now gone through it several times frame by frame!

Awesome!

stillakid
03-11-2005, 12:24 AM
Damn, JJB hit it exactly on the mark!

He hit it?

I snagged this from a sister forum to SSG, and decided to pass it on.

Thank the sisterhood. :classic: