PDA

View Full Version : Will we even see Vader have his red saber?

scruffziller
02-26-2005, 01:49 PM
They always tease us in the posters showing Anikin supposibly holding(never showing an actual in hand shot) of the red saber. As far as I have found in actaul pics and trailers, Anikin doesn't have the red saber yet. I know it shows Vader on those collector's cards holding it but that doesn't do it for me yet. Will we even see Vader use his saber? If we do see the red saber, we have to see him making it, like the one Clone Wars cartoon showed the apprentice making it. To see him just appear with it, wouldn't feel right. It may be indeterminate, if Obi obtains Anikin's saber after he thinks he kills him. But it would be weird(but cool) if we saw Vader using the blue saber. A bizzare new figure to own.

Slicker
02-26-2005, 01:54 PM
I would hope that we could see Vader/Ani killing Jedi in the armor. That would bring things together a little better in showing how he (Vader) hunted down and destroyed the Jedi. As for the Vader using a blue saber, that would make for great watching and I wouldn't mind him using the blue one in ROTS only to have a red one appear in ANH. I mean in the 20 year interval he would more than likely have made a new one. The blue one could've fallen off of his belt into the toilet when he was using it.;)

General_Grievous
02-26-2005, 02:11 PM
I think we'll see the red saber on Vader's belt at the end of the movie, but I don't think we'll ever see it ignited. If Anakin becomes Vader at the end of the film, there won't be enough time to see him in action.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
02-26-2005, 09:32 PM
I've read that Yoda and Obi-Wan discuss Darth Vader's destruction, but that may just be Anakin without armor, before Obi-Wan beats him. I think we may see him use the saber, but I don't know. They sure made enough stuff with Vader's red saber this year, I don't see how he couldn't not use it.

Kidhuman
02-26-2005, 10:15 PM
VAder probably dpoesnt get the saber until he falls into the lava and palps drags himout of it. Obi wan has his blue one so there fore he loses it after the battle and gets a new one.

chewie
02-27-2005, 12:17 AM
From all the spoilers I've read, I'd say its likely Anakin keeps a certain Sith apprentice's saber around with him once he assumes his title. So I would say Anakin will be using a red saber at some point during the final duel, but it will not be one of his own creation.

Tycho
02-27-2005, 03:42 AM
Anakin might take Dooku's saber as a trophy.

I've also heard that Palpatine gives him a saber (perhaps his own, or Palpatine has 2?) to make a "proper Sith lightsaber" from.

Anakin won't be called Darth Vader until he's destroyed in Lava and resurrected in black armor.

Since before that, Anakin fights with his blue saber (even when he's Evil Ani), he'll lose it in the fight with Obi-Wan and perhaps use Dooku's or Palpatine's gift saber, if he uses a red blade at all. The video footage shows two blue blades that I saw.

No, I don't think Vader will see any action.

As for the Jedi Purge?

There were 10,000 Jedi before AOTC. Maybe teams of 2 made master-apprentice teams on 5,000 worlds ["Thousands of solar systems have threatened to leave the Republic"] or there were 20,000 Jedi, including padawans, on 10,000 worlds. Whichever, it doesn't matter.

Can you envision odds bad enough (if made by a Sith plot) that could kill a Master and his/her padawan? Sure.

So the Jedi were being eliminated all along... then:

1) Since AOTC, Jedi have been killed in combat missions. Probably 180 of them on Geonosis during AOTC itself.

2) During CW: Ventress, Dooku, Grievous, Durge, Sora Bulq, more are all killing Jedi - as this Dark Jedi legion wrecks havoc on the light-side of the Force users.

3) In ROTS, there may only be 5,000 Jedi or less left. There may be at least 1.5 MILLION or more Clones. The Clones are ordered to suddenly kill their Jedi Generals when Mace attacks Palpatine, hence the Chancellor can declare the Jedi as treasonists. It is believed that Ki-Adi Mundi, Plo Koon, Aayla Secura all die when Clones suddenly kill them. More Clones storm the Jedi Temple under the command of Anakin. Clones as well as Dark Anakin kill the kids and Jedi in the temple. So "from a certain point of view," Darth Vader did hunt down and kill some Jedi on screen.

4) 5,000 Jedi won't be all dead by then, and some like Jeisel have left the Jedi Order. Vader might spend some of the next 18 years hunting them down (in your comic books and Scholastic Book readers).

vadersvette
02-27-2005, 01:14 PM
Another one of Tycho's patented lists! :D :D :D

DarkArtist
03-12-2005, 02:20 PM
I Hope We Do See Vader In Action. It Would Be Awesome To See The Last Of The Jedi Purge Within The Last 30 Minutes Or So Of The Film. Especially Since Hasbro Is Releasing A Vader Figure And An Anakin Figure Both With Red Lightsabers ........ :d :d :d :d

Von-El
03-16-2005, 02:26 AM
It has been said that Anakin will have two lightsabres:

The blue one and the red one.

When he's disarmed with the blue, he will surprise Obi-Wan with the red one.

I speculated a few months ago on a few Star Wars message boards that Palpatine becomes so immersed in his arcane studies of the Dark Side, in private, that he gives his own lightsabre to Darth Vader. Maybe this was to appease those fans who are ticked off that Palpatine gets physical and uses a light-sabre.

In the original trilogy, Darth Vader is "the face and voice of the Emperor" and that Darth Vader is believed to be the very last of the Force wielders--as the galaxy is unaware of the Emperor's Sith Religion and darkside force powers.

And by the way, in ROTJ, as the Emperor and his dignitaries are walking through the hangar to the Thrownroom with JerJerod and Darth Vader, Palpatine is speaking pretty loudly with Vader about how together they can turn Luke to the Darkside of the Force.

This makes me think that with the second Death Star and his belief that the Empire will ultimately win against the Rebellion, Palpatine reveals he is a force wielder of the Sith for the Empire and galaxy to know.

Darth Kirk
03-16-2005, 04:16 AM
OK, so we all want to see Vader use that damned red saber.. What can work is that at the end of the film as he and Palpy are checkin' out the construction of the Death Star, a few Jedi could be hiding in the munitions depot and one of the commanding officers finds them and brings them to Vader & Palpy, and Vader slices their heads off.. roll credits.... Hey, I needs to get on the phone with Lucas.. Its a quick pick up shot and wouldn't take more then a few days to shoot.. Quick, evil and goose-bump inducing.. :crazed:

jedi master sal
03-16-2005, 10:05 AM
The rumor I've heard is that Anakin's saber blade will change from blue to red.

This is in line with the toy, but doesn't make sense.

We all know the construction of a lightsaber. Basically it requires a crystal of some color to give the blade it's color.

If this color changing rumor is true, then that's just one more thing Lucas has destroyed in the EU. Course it's his story so he can do what he wants.

scruffziller
03-16-2005, 04:07 PM
The rumor I've heard is that Anakin's saber blade will change from blue to red.

This is in line with the toy, but doesn't make sense.

We all know the construction of a lightsaber. Basically it requires a crystal of some color to give the blade it's color.

If this color changing rumor is true, then that's just one more thing Lucas has destroyed in the EU. Course it's his story so he can do what he wants.

THen where would the one come from that Obi gives Luke? Another one of those extra ones we saw from AOTC?

Slicker
12-29-2005, 02:06 PM
I don't think we'll see him use his red saber in ROTS. Just call womens intuition.

JimJamBonds
12-30-2005, 12:22 AM
I don't think we'll see him use his red saber in ROTS. Just call womens intuition.

And here for a moment I though Caesar had made his return to SSG. lol

Slicker
12-30-2005, 01:36 AM
And here for a moment I though Caesar had made his return to SSG. lolSadly no. I'm just tryin' my damndest to fill an empty hole.:cry:

JimJamBonds
12-30-2005, 12:28 PM
Sadly no. I'm just tryin' my damndest to fill an empty hole.:cry:

And a fine job you are doing there. :thumbsup:

TheDarthVader
01-04-2006, 10:15 PM
I concur with Slicker. Vader will not use his red saber.

Where has Caesar gone? Does anyone know? I miss him! :(

B.
TDV

CaptainSolo1138
01-05-2006, 11:39 AM
I concur with Slicker. Vader will not use his red saber.I'm not sure. There is the whole purge thing, after all. We'll have to wait and find out I guess.

Where has Caesar gone? Does anyone know? I miss him! :(JimJam cooked him up or Christmas dinner.

JimJamBonds
01-05-2006, 12:29 PM
Where has Caesar gone? Does anyone know? I miss him! :(

I) I have two profiles one is Jim Jam Bonds and the other is for Caesar.

II) He is just laying low and allowing his legend to grow to mythalogical proportions.