PDA

View Full Version : POTF2 Stormtrooper paint error?

Yar Cydoh
02-26-2005, 03:30 PM
I have a 1995 loose Stormtrooper with unpainted side vents or whatever you want to call them. It's been like this since I got it. The paint didn't wear off because it's on both sides. I was just wondering if it would be worth somthing.

Sorry for the crappy picture.

Slicker
02-26-2005, 03:53 PM
It could be the action figure of the Stromtrooper that shoots Leia and is missing these same vents. Just look.

Yar Cydoh
02-26-2005, 04:03 PM
The slots where it should be painted are there though....

JediTricks
02-26-2005, 04:29 PM
It's an error, I've never seen this one specifically but I'm not at all surprised. Unfortunately, loose paint errors aren't worth much, I found that out the hard way with 2 different R2-D2s I opened only to later discover they had similar paint errors that would have been worth something in package but are almost totally worthless out. (and by total coincidence, they're both on my desk right now) The problem is that paint errors can be easily faked once they're out of the package.

Yar Cydoh
02-26-2005, 05:23 PM
Alright cool. Thanks for the info. I was a little kid and I bought a few Star Wars toys when they first came out and opened them to play with. Damn, I wish I would have kept all my Star Wars toys sealed...