PDA

View Full Version : What figures do you think never need to be resculpted?

General_Grievous
02-26-2005, 05:05 PM
These can be from any of the Star Wars lines in the past or present.
I think that the following will never need to be resculpted (I'll just name a few):

POTF2
Aunt Beru
Grand Moff Tarkin
Admiral Ackbar
4-LOM
Zuckuss
Hammerhead (Momaw Nadon)
Wuher
Hoth Gear Leia (Maybe the best Leia that came out of POTF2, but Slave Leia was more fun :D)
Gammorean Guard
Figrin Dan (aka Cantina Band Member)
Oola
Most of the Jabba's Palace aliens with the exception of Bib Fortuna (he'd make for a good resculpt)
Mon Mothma
Logray

What figures do you guys think are fine the way they are?

Slicker
02-26-2005, 06:34 PM
Bouschh (sp?) (Although they should re-release her)
Greedo
IG-88 (My favorite bounty hunter)
Bossk
Jar Jar (They got him right pretty much from the start)
Boba Fett (Except for maybe in different poses)

mastermatt24
02-26-2005, 09:16 PM
Im happy with the VOTC Stormie! :D

Kidhuman
02-26-2005, 09:31 PM
You see, if they released some SA version of certain figures it would be cool, but if they are normal then the following

Greedo
Hammerhead
Walrusman
Tarkin(unless SA)
Madine
Mon Mothma
Ephant Mon(could use re-release)
IG-88
Boab Fett
Jango Fett
Jar Jar
Any released Ewok
Most of the Cantina and Palace Patrons

Turbowars
03-01-2005, 07:41 PM
Non of them, there's always room for improvement.

Kidhuman
03-01-2005, 07:55 PM
All of them, there's always room for improvement.

Since this a NEVER NEED to be resculpted thread,you might want ot rethink that comment. :beard: ;)

Turbowars
03-01-2005, 07:59 PM
Since this a NEVER NEED to be resculpted thread,you might want ot rethink that comment. :beard: ;)What are you talking about Kid?

Gosh!!:classic:

Kidhuman
03-01-2005, 08:00 PM
OK, its like that.....

evenflow
03-01-2005, 08:32 PM
Bib Fortuna

Turbowars
03-01-2005, 09:37 PM
Bib? You really think so? I think Hasbro could do way better.

mastermatt24
03-01-2005, 10:46 PM
Bibs face was ok but the cloak was really crappy. :ermm:

Devo
03-04-2005, 07:35 AM
Sorry I can't help it but go against the thread title. Bib is one of the worst figures in Hasbros entire output!! Beaten to that dubious title only by R5-D4 and the muscular figures of 95. No way does he not need a resculpt. His need is dire. He shouldn't have been rereleased in his present form - give me the vintage figure over this one.

I also disagree on Tarkin, the gamorrean and Leia Boushh - although not bad figures they could benefit from Hasbros improved attention to detail and articulation these days. Tarkin isn't consistent now with what we've seen in Admiral Ozzel, likewise Captain Piett. I find the gamorrean's head too small and Leia Boushh is on a par with the old Lando Skiff in terms of sculpt - then look at what Hasbro did for their updated Lando, far far better - I imagine they could do better on Leia aswell. She needs to be shorter anyway. 4-Lom is good too but he's got the thinning waist syndrome of the earlier figures and could do with being brought in line with the recent protocol droid figures. And lastly (I think) Admiral Ackbar looks awkward around the waist - he could do with a properly sculpted tunic to hide the leg joints (and therefore likewise for the Mon Calamari Officer)

Figures I think don't need resculpts? Well the original Bossk wasn't in need of one but they did anyway. Core characters can always do with resculpts just so we're not buying exactly the same figures over and over but once we have one definitive version of background and supporting characters we need no resculpts. For those my list could be extensive so I'll just mention figures I particularly like:

Mon Mothma
General Madine
General Rieekan
Jan Dodonna
DutchVandar
Captain Antilles
Tie Pilot
VOTC stormtrooper
Ephant mon
Amanaman
J'quille and Tanus Spijek
Ellors madak
Boshek
Feltipern trevagg
Myo
Muftak and Kabe
Janus greejatus
All ewoks so far
Cloud car pilot
21B
FX-7
Zuckuss
Dengar (saga)
R4-M9
R2-Q5
and probably many others

Lobito
05-17-2005, 02:55 PM
I dont like resculpts, but still i also think that Bib Fortuna and R5-D4 are some of the figures that could definitely use a different mold. Its never going to happen but anyway... They could also could have made a better Salacious Crumb.

CaptainSolo1138
05-18-2005, 09:23 AM
Admiral Piett (or was it 'Captain'?)

bigbarada
05-18-2005, 12:29 PM
We don't need any more resculpts of the entire VOTC line:
ANH Luke, Han, Leia, Ben
ESB Lando, Vader, Yoda
ROTJ Artoo, Chewie, Fett, Stormtrooper

Threepio was the only exception to that and we got the perfect version of him in the ROTS line.

Aside from them, these other figures NEVER need another resculpt:
TIE Pilot
Ephant Mon
Dengar
IG-88
Lando Skiff (one of the best-sculpted figures in the history of the line)
J'Quille
Tanus Spijek
Amanaman
Teebo
the Glider Ewok
the two Imperial Dignitaries that we got
CPT Antilles
Dutch Vander
FX-7
Rappertunie

Apart from the ones mentioned above, most of Jabba's Palace desperately needs resculpts (to include Luke Jedi, Leia Boushh, Han Carbonite and Jabba himself).

JON9000
05-19-2005, 11:38 AM
We don't need any more resculpts of the entire VOTC line:
ANH Luke, Han, Leia, Ben
ESB Lando, Vader, Yoda
ROTJ Artoo, Chewie, Fett, Stormtrooper

I think we need another Vader, but it should be an uber-Vader with the articulation of the VOTC stormtrooper. There is no reason not to do it. I am really disappointed that it hasn't happened yet...

stillakid
05-19-2005, 11:45 AM
Jorge Sacul

bigbarada
05-19-2005, 01:31 PM
I think we need another Vader, but it should be an uber-Vader with the articulation of the VOTC stormtrooper. There is no reason not to do it. I am really disappointed that it hasn't happened yet...

Well, we definitely need another removable helmet Vader from the end of ROTJ. Although now he will be the eyebrow-free version from the DVDs.
:(