PDA

View Full Version : Silver Yoda might be just around the corner kids.

Turbowars
02-27-2005, 11:48 AM
This is from RS

Rumours are starting to surface about the possibility of a new Silver Edition figure - this time it is the diminutive Jedi Master Yoda who is getting sterling treatment. There is no word whether this will be a store exclusive, but one on-line retailer states that they will be getting it in stock in a few weeks, so the promotion must not be too far away.

Here's the on-line store

http://www.r2dtoys.com/store/store.pl?action=search&category=-1&textsearch=silver%20yoda&sub_category=-1&sub_category2=-1&id=1638

Sounds to me like they made a mistake and it's really the Holo version.

Slicker
02-27-2005, 12:20 PM
Hopefully they are talking about the Holo version. I just haven't gotten into the Silver Edition's a) because the cardbacks are just so plain and b) they're so expensive on the aftermarket. If it is a Silver Edition I'll pick it up if I happen to see it (ala the Silver TRU Clone I got) otherwise my feelings won't be hurt by not purchasing it.

Turbowars
02-27-2005, 12:27 PM
a) because the cardbacks are just so plain and b) they're so expensive on the aftermarket.

I always thought they were the classiest card backs ever. The only figure that is expensive in the 1st real vac metal Vader. All the others can be found around 10-15 bucks. I have a few extra if you want any.

Slicker
02-27-2005, 12:32 PM
[QUOTE=Turbowars I have a few extra if you want any.[/QUOTE]I'll have to get back to you on these if you don't mind. Right now I'm into spending money on aftermarket stuff for my truck and that's running my in the big $$$$

Mr. JabbaJohnL
02-27-2005, 12:55 PM
I thought Hasbro said that the second Darth Vader would be the last silver figure. I hope so, because I mean, I like them but the novelty has worn off. Hopefully they meant the Holographic Yoda.

Val Da Car
02-27-2005, 02:14 PM
If he is silver I hope it is vac metal (unlikely, though) instead the globular (new word) silver that was on the last vader.

I passed on him for that reason.

Otherwise I would rather have the Holo version.

[Thanks to mousedroid.com]
http://mousedroid.com/

Turbowars
02-27-2005, 02:49 PM
I'll have to get back to you on these if you don't mind. Right now I'm into spending money on aftermarket stuff for my truck and that's running my in the big $$$$Yeah I know what you mean. I just put some 20's on my truck and I couldn't believe how much the tires came to.:eek: I think next will be a fiber glass tonnue cover and a new front bumper cover with larger fog lights.

Val Da Car
02-27-2005, 03:08 PM
I just had to put an entire exhaust/muffler system on the 2nd car in the household. (Because it split 2 blks from work on Friday)

Old Skool Pontiac Grand Prix SE (which I found out stand for Sporty Edition) and after the bill I thought it stood for Super Exhaust (Dual).

Turbowars
02-27-2005, 03:35 PM
Yeap and it always happenes when it's the least convenient to have the work done. I do about 75% of all my repairs and maintenance on my truck and car, but when it's over my head I take it to the shop and pay big for it.:rolleyes:

TheDarthVader
02-27-2005, 09:36 PM
Hopefully the vader was the last one. Hasbro fittingly started with the best (Vader) and ended with the best (Vader). A perfect end to an okay line...

B.
TDV

JEDIpartner
02-27-2005, 09:44 PM
Hasbro fittingly started with the best (Vader) and ended with the best (Vader).

Although I do not have the first one... I agree with you.

Kidhuman
02-27-2005, 09:49 PM
Its the holo one. The sliver line is dead.

Fluke Skywalker
02-27-2005, 11:38 PM
Yeah, I think everyone is right. It's the holo one. Great, we're trading one fad (Silver) for another (Clear). I'm waiting for them to release a pink Leia or something :p

I have the Boba Fett, which I got for $12.99 only a few months after it was selling for as much as $120.00. I also picked up the Clone trooper. I want to get the Sand trooper sometime. I love the cardbacks and bubbles. I think they make the figures.

Bossk77
03-16-2005, 11:27 PM
Personally i am just waiting for the 24-carat gold plated C-3PO. It will happen.:D

DTMAN
03-17-2005, 05:52 PM
Hello.
It looks like it is another TRU exclusive. Hopefully, Hasbro uses VOTC version, but who knows.

Rumor it will be available on 4/2, but I have my doubts to be out around the same time Target exclusive will be available.

Same type of promotion. Buy $20, free figure if amount is not raised.

I saw it on Amazon/TRU website, but no pic or available yet.

As to ending the line, I doubt it. As long as collectors buy it or vendor wants it, it will continue. I would not be surprised if there is another one in time for Comic Con.

Thank you.

Jedi Destroyer666
03-20-2005, 09:05 PM
Sounds cool! I will most definatley be getting it but I think it is a holo yoda...

Jedi Destroyer666
03-20-2005, 09:07 PM
Ya I agree with you, it is the holo Yoda not a silver yoda.

Turbowars
03-20-2005, 09:37 PM
Yeah, most likely it is the Holo Yoda, but stranger things have happened.

Bossk77
03-20-2005, 11:53 PM
I think they should do Promos with Unleased figures or something other than the Silver. I would like a change Lava Vader is a nice start for instance.

Jedi Destroyer666
03-21-2005, 02:11 AM
I agree with you on that one. A Lava Vader would look rather cool than silver.

Lobito
04-17-2005, 07:34 PM
Its good the silver line is gone, we would end up with TC-14 silver edition!! :rolleyes: