PDA

View Full Version : C3 UCS Star Destroyer Contest

dr_evazan22
02-28-2005, 12:38 PM
Hey SirSteve or JT - Is it possible for a team from SSG to compete in this contest? I read about it at RS. If so, I'd like to be on it!! :D :D :beard:

There will be a special Celebration III contest for media. LEGO is looking for teams to compete for a chance to prove who has the best LEGO builders! Teams of 10 members will compete in a race against the clock and each other in building the Ultimate Star Destroyer. Who can build it the fastest? With over 3,000 pieces, this could prove to be quite a challenge!

All team members will recieve a t-shirt with either a Jedi or Sith design. All teams will compete against each other until there is a single Jedi team and a single Sith team. Then, a true "Jedi Vs. Sith" battle will commence, with the winning team not only bringing balance to the Force, but taking home some cool exclusive prizes! Each member of the winning team will win a Darth Vader medallion, limited to 10 in the world! Plus, the team will win a special one-of-a-kind Darth Vader statue, although splitting it up among team members will be up to them. Each team will receive a free Star Destroyer set to practice on before the show, in order to perfect their skills. Stay tuned for more news on this.

moulman
02-28-2005, 04:06 PM
sounds cool-would be fun to watch-although if they wanted to do a lil promotional work, they should have the teams build they DS 2 set.

Slicker
02-28-2005, 05:10 PM
This sounds about as fun to watch as Magic the Gathering tournaments on ESPN 8 "The Ocho".;)

Jedibill
02-28-2005, 08:32 PM
This sounds about as fun to watch as Magic the Gathering tournaments on ESPN 8 "The Ocho".;)

ROFLMAO :D

SirSteve
03-01-2005, 01:07 AM
Who all would be interested in being on the "SSG Team"?

moulman
03-01-2005, 04:24 PM
What day is the contest on? I myself am only going on Friday, despite living right outside indy :(

moulman
03-01-2005, 06:22 PM
forget this post-event is on saturday...

jedi master sal
03-03-2005, 11:22 AM
I'd most certainly be interested.

dindae
03-03-2005, 12:04 PM
I might be interested. I would like to see more details. It took me around 6 hours to build mine. Even with 10 it would take a bit and I would hate to miss out other events because I was build the star destroyer for the 5th time.

JediTricks
03-04-2005, 10:59 PM
Ok, we have the opportunity to set this up, we would need builders for Friday and Saturday (though if you can only make it one day, you could be an alternate). However, first we need to be sure if there is enough interest to start a team, and we have to know for sure before the end of the weekend, so if you are seriously interested in creating an SSG team and building this set, please post here and let me know by the end of this Sunday.

dr_evazan22
03-06-2005, 05:35 PM
Well, I'm glad I made the cutoff time! And there's still room on the team! Excellent! Sign me up!

Oh well, it sounded fun to me.

JediTricks
03-07-2005, 09:53 PM
Don't feel bad about not making the cutoff, if there were 6 or more other people here - even after the cutoff date - wanting to do it, I would have tried to get you guys in, but unfortunately there wasn't enough interest.