PDA

View Full Version : What does the future hold for the Unleashed line?

Turbowars
03-01-2005, 07:37 PM
Come on Hasbro, I have a very short attention span and need to know what's coming after The ROTS wave. I mean it's going to hit next month we should already know what is after that.

I hope they don't plan on sticking with ROTS only for awhile. I'd like the next wave to have Skiff Lando kicking some butt, a Scout with a few Ewoks on his back and how about a Sandtrooper or maybe Greedo. I still would love a R2 with a electric shock surrounding him with all his doors open and arms extended.

Kidhuman
03-01-2005, 07:56 PM
The future is always changing, cloudy it is...

sith_killer_99
03-02-2005, 06:00 AM
Turbo needs to go work for Hasbro. :D

Turbowars
03-02-2005, 08:43 PM
I would if I got to make all the decisions. I bet there's a few guys that bicker back and forth all day about what and what not to make. I want executive decision damn it!!:p

I like the way you think Killer. You know a great mind when you see it.

Slicker
03-03-2005, 02:27 AM
I see the Unleashed line being unfortunately driven into the ground. It's fine when they make the main characters but I just can't stand the fact that we haven't gotten an Obi-Wan yet we've got Aurra Stink and Aayla Secura 2 characters that you won't see if you blink at the wrong time. If they start getting more and more obscure and releasing them at shorter and shorter intervals then I see collectors only buying 1 or 2 of them instead of making them a big part of the collection mainly due to price. I tried to collect them all but the price and the fact that they just HAD to make a Slave Leia :rolleyes: just because they knew it'd be impossible to find because of unmarried men in theremother's basement hoarding them to sell on Ebay.

Sith Lord 0498
03-03-2005, 05:52 AM
I see the Unleashed line being unfortunately driven into the ground. It's fine when they make the main characters but I just can't stand the fact that we haven't gotten an Obi-Wan yet we've got Aurra Stink and Aayla Secura 2 characters that you won't see if you blink at the wrong time.

Are you referring to the Episode IV version of Obi-Wan??? As of April 2nd, we'll have two Obi-Wans: the ROTS version and the AOTC version that was released in the third assortment along with Sidious and Jedi Luke.

Personally, I'd rather see a wide array of characters rather than rehashes. We have 2 Vaders that are only different b/c of the head and base. We'll have two Anakins, two Obi-Wans, two Palpatines and Yodas (if rumors are true). I say bring on the obscure characters if it keeps the line fresh!!

Slicker
03-03-2005, 05:57 AM
I was referring to the ANH Ben. I know that he wasn't very action oriented but heck the Stormtrooper wasn't nor was Aurra Sing (EU doesn't count), IG-88, Bossk, or Aayla Secura. I know that fans want the female characters and the obscure (hell I was exstatic to get IG-88) but I'd rather see the main characters done first even if people do get sick of them. SW toys aren't only made for adult collectors. If a child wants a SW toy his parents are gonna go for the character they can easily associate with the movies i.e. Vader, R2, 3PO, Chewie, etc. so they sell product to 2 different markets.

Bossk77
03-19-2005, 06:15 PM
I love the Unleashed line personally. I think they need to make more of them that you can connect and make a scene out of. Like the New Anakin/obi wan combo. I think the added versitility would increase sales and make them more fun to display.

bear windu
03-26-2005, 02:30 AM
ok im really happy with the mace windu figure but after seeing the clone wars cartoon..i want a "general" mace windu in armor and maybe even a droid who got taken apart by getting "unscrewed"..otherwise Plo Loon with a YELLOW lightsaber like he originally was supposed to have and just in time for Knights of the Old Republic 3 a series with malak with a removable mask to expose his jaw and revan variant not sure how youll do it because in the game revan could have been a male or female with a bastilla and imagine a jedi bao dur with his powered arm with lightsaber and remote..lots of possibilities with some of the current videogames..hell as a fan of military figures gimme all of the troopers from republic commando breaching a door..but ill leave the ideas to the pros

betterthanfett
04-05-2005, 02:07 PM
[SW toys aren't only made for adult collectors. If a child wants a SW toy his parents are gonna go for the character they can easily associate with the movies i.e. Vader, R2, 3PO, Chewie, etc. so they sell product to 2 different markets.[/QUOTE]
I don't see many kids buying Unleashed figures to play with. I think they are aimed at adult collectors who display thier toys. I love the line and think they should be making characters with small parts. IMHO, they are the best sculpts to date. (Bossk, IG-88, etc.) Who needs another Luke or Anakin toy? My POTF2 collection includes 13 Lukes, and that's not even all the variations! Keep the "no screen timers" coming I say!

megaprime33
04-06-2005, 08:04 AM
I would really like to see more figures that combine to recreate a scene from a movie like what they did with anakin and obi-wan from rots. I would be cool to have like a frozen luke with a dead tauntaun and a han solo with a lightsaber accessory and you combine the 2...or whatever you prefer :D
Maybe a Jabba one!

Dark Marble
04-15-2005, 10:50 AM
I also like the re-issue waves of some of the harder to find stuff. I would love to see Yoda/Han/Boba rereleased for those of us that didn't make it out to TRU that day to find them. These are neat figures that everyone should be able to get.

sunshine
04-15-2005, 11:52 AM
I would like to see:

Luke (Training) with Yoda
Lando
4-Lom
Dengar
Leia (ANH)
Han Solo (Bespin)
Oola
C-3PO with R2-D2
Gammorean Gaurd
Luke vs. Darth Vader with The Emperor (All Three Would Connect)
Clone Trooper (ROTS)
Snowtrooper

darko666
04-15-2005, 09:21 PM
I would like to see:
Luke vs. Darth Vader with The Emperor (All Three Would Connect)

that would be a sick set. they also need to finish off the bounty hunter lineup.

it would be cool if they made:
Jek Porkins(not a joke)
Darth Maul (a better one)
Darth Malak
Darth Sion
Prince Xizor
Grand Admiral Thrawn
Boush
Han in Carbonite
Sandtrooper
Plo Koon
Bomarr Monk