PDA

View Full Version : Republic Commando - PC

Vortex
03-02-2005, 03:07 PM
Well the wait is over. I've been choping on the bit for this game and I bought it yesterday (March 1) and played for about 3 hours last night and either I'm getting older and the reflexes are getting slower but I had some trouble with some parts of the levels, and cannot get past the 5 min. countdown level in the droid ship.

The graphics are very good, then again, I had to upgrade my memory and video card but with a Nvidia G-Force 6600 GT and a Gig of memory the game flows smoothly.

The levels so far have been pretty good - good detail, good lighting, good effects, funny feedback from your squad mates, and tough enemies. The Super Battle Droids are a pain as are those eliet geonosians.

I have to say Lucasarts did it again with another great Star Wars game. The only downfall is, your limited to 5 guns. Your standard 4, and whatever you pick up along the way.

So if anyone else has bought the game, played it a bit, have you found anything interesting or tips or tricks?

Val Da Car
03-03-2005, 09:14 PM
My Brother and I are looking at getting it and I saw it at Best Buy for $39 and I think I got enought PC horsepower to run it.

Vortex
03-04-2005, 12:10 PM
Right now I'm on the 2nd level...I think. I'm fighting in the ghost ship that's been over run by trando slavers and droids. In each level, if you can call it that, there's all these missions to take care of. Infiltrate, blow up, find your squad, down load this or that, help this or that, etc. etc. I wish I was at home blowing stuff up...

But just make sure your video card has the pixel shader (vs/ps) There's quite a bit of light effect, shadows, fire and smoke and my old G-force didn't have this and couldn't run the game. If you've got a G-force 5700 or better you should be ok.

I just needed to upgrade since my machine was 3+ years old and was getting outdated real quick... the old Gforce 4 Mad Dog just wasn't cutting it anymore.

Vortex
03-14-2005, 04:01 PM
Well I finished the game this weekend and to be honest, the ending was a bit flat.

Overall it was a cool game but it needs more levels. I hope after Ep. III hits the theaters there's expansion packs for this. There's only 3 main levels with quite a few sub-levels, but I was actually hoping it would be longer.

But now that I know what to expect and what the levels are like I'll go back and see if I can play with out creeping around corners, and saving after every major encounter or finding a healing station.

Jedi Destroyer666
03-21-2005, 08:44 PM
I've heard Republic Commando is good but I wont know til I play the game. It sounds cool...