PDA

View Full Version : Finding ROTS toys before MM

Hellboy
03-03-2005, 04:22 PM
We all know the new ROTS toys are supposed to be held by retailers until Midnight Madness on April 2nd but there have been a lot of reports of people finding things on the shelves early. So I figured it made sense to start a dedicated thread outside the "Just Found" area of the forums listing what people have found early and where. If you've already posted your finds in another thread feel free to post them again here and maybe some of us can benefit from this info and pick up an item here or there giving us one less thing to worry about obtaining come April 2nd.

I'll start off with this. . . Target in my area seems to be jumping the gun on some of the ROTS vehicles. I found Obi-Wan's Jedi Starfighter, General Grievous' Wheel Bike and the Droid Tri-Fighter in multiple stores in the past 2 days. In addition the ROTS Galactic Heroes line has popped up as well which includes Emperor Palpatine/Yoda, Anakin Skywalker/Count Dooku and Obi-Wan/General Grievous.

I personally was going to wait on purchasing the vehicles so I could devote more of my money to the basic figure line but I just couldn't pass this stuff up and since it hit about a month early I found a way to justify it. The only item I didn't pick up was Grievous' Wheel Bike. I may get it at some point down the road but the design was a bit goofy for my taste.

DarthQuack
03-03-2005, 10:07 PM
Even if I find them before hand, I wanna wait until MM because it will mean more.

General_Grievous
03-03-2005, 10:23 PM
I'm actually hoping that everyone else in my area finds stuff before me, then I'll be the only one at MM and will have a chance to pick and choose figures and not just make a mad dash for my life. In my dreams.

Kidhuman
03-03-2005, 10:24 PM
If I see them,I might buy a few depending on what I find. Getting a jump on clones might be cool, or finding Vader or Grievous.

Reefer Shark
03-03-2005, 10:31 PM
I found and bought the Wheel Bike, and Galactic Heroes assortment at Target today.

The wheel bike itself is pretty cool, but the pack in Grievous figure blows. It looks and feels more like a cheap bootleg to me, and the head sculpt is horrible. I think it has some good play value. If I were younger, I would probably be wheeling this thing all over the house right now!

Here's some loose pics:

Turbowars
03-03-2005, 10:35 PM
Interesting. It does look kind of cool. I don't understand how it works. Does it walk and roll or does it just Rock and Roll?

Man your tank is clean as a whistle!

Reefer Shark
03-03-2005, 11:45 PM
It's got a fin coming out of the back that acts like a handle. You fold up the legs, and push it around with the handle. The wheels are very smooth, they have a nice spin to 'em. It also has a missle that launches out of the side gun.

The downside is the seat and controls - they're made of the soft, rubbery stuff. It's fairly dificult to get the figure in there, and make him hold the controls.

It definitely rolls, but since the figure is so cheezy I'd say it just barely rocks. ;)

Man your tank is clean as a whistle!

Thanks bro! You can't see 'em all, but my cichlids are out-growing the tank. If only I had room for a nice huge tank in this little apartment...

Clonetrooper1131
03-04-2005, 02:23 AM
I'll start off with this. . . Target in my area seems to be jumping the gun on some of the ROTS vehicles. I found Obi-Wan's Jedi Starfighter, General Grievous' Wheel Bike and the Droid Tri-Fighter in multiple stores in the past 2 days. In addition the ROTS Galactic Heroes line has popped up as well which includes Emperor Palpatine/Yoda, Anakin Skywalker/Count Dooku and Obi-Wan/General Grievous.

That's what I found too. I didn't see General Grievous' Wheel Bike. But the Droid Tri-Fighter and Obi-Wan's Starfighter were there. I bought the starfighter. I also saw the ROTS Galactic Heroes, it looked like they had just put them out.

Hellboy
03-04-2005, 05:47 PM
Sounds like Targets everywhere are putting out the GH and vehicles. I just wish they'd fill some of those empty pegs with some new figures too.

Not sure if anybody else has noticed this but at one of the Targets around here the Sneak Preview and Unleashed were on clearance already. Maybe they're trying to clear space for the new toys but since the pegs were pretty bare I thought that was a bit strange.

Veers
03-04-2005, 08:35 PM
This happened in 2002 also. My friend found a set of collection 1 at Wal Mart. I am going to hunt tonight to see if I may get lucky.

ronhudy
03-05-2005, 11:24 AM
Was doing some shopping last night, and strolled through the Toy section with my kids, not expecting to see much, as the shelves have been bare for a month, except for Unleashed and Lightsabers. But low and behold, what did my son happen to see? Two ROTS figures dangling all by themselves on a peg...

Aayla Secura and Chancellor Palpatine. Here's the pics:

Kidhuman
03-05-2005, 11:30 AM
Nice finds Ronhudy.

General_Grievous
03-05-2005, 03:40 PM
Does anyone know why so many stores are putting these out early? Won't they be fined by Hasbro?

Slicker
03-05-2005, 03:57 PM
I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that they can be fined by Hasbro for like breach of contract or something because they signed on to not sell the product until April 2nd and as you can tell one month early they're selling it soooo....

BTW, nice pick up ronhudy.

Clonetrooper1131
03-05-2005, 06:18 PM
Does anyone know why so many stores are putting these out early? Won't they be fined by Hasbro?

Are you the Hasbro Police or something? ;)

Clonetrooper1131
03-05-2005, 06:21 PM
Was doing some shopping last night, and strolled through the Toy section with my kids, not expecting to see much, as the shelves have been bare for a month, except for Unleashed and Lightsabers. But low and behold, what did my son happen to see? Two ROTS figures dangling all by themselves on a peg...

Aayla Secura and Chancellor Palpatine. Here's the pics:

Cool deal, all I've been able to find are some vehicles and some Lego stuff.

Val Da Car
03-05-2005, 07:09 PM
Found the Tri Droid and Obi Wan Starfighter today and no figs except one target with wookiees for $4.88each

General_Grievous
03-05-2005, 11:56 PM
Are you the Hasbro Police or something? ;)

Hardly. LOL. But I do wonder why Hasbro isn't really doing anything about it. They, along with Lucasfilm, are really gung-ho about keeping stuff under wraps.

Or maybe I'm just wondering this because I'm cranky that I haven't found any of the new stuff out early yet.:p

Clonetrooper1131
03-06-2005, 12:10 AM
Hardly. LOL. But I do wonder why Hasbro isn't really doing anything about it. They, along with Lucasfilm, are really gung-ho about keeping stuff under wraps.

Or maybe I'm just wondering this because I'm cranky that I haven't found any of the new stuff out early yet.:p

Lol lol, I bet closer to the date stores around in your area will start putting things out. It'll be here before you know it, and your wallet will be empty.

;)

Billiam86
03-06-2005, 07:49 PM
I was able to get the Greivous Wheel Bike and the Tri-Droid Fighter this weekend at Target...as Jakeakin would say...Yippee!

DarkArtist
03-06-2005, 08:23 PM
found the vasic lightsaber assortment at the kmart in hazlrt today along with empty pegs with stickers that said ep iii basic assortment. while on line to get something else one guy had the deluxe two pack of anakin/ vader. looked awesome.

Fluke Skywalker
03-06-2005, 09:26 PM
I saw the Vader voice changer in it's Ep III box tonight at Meijer. Not sure if this was supposed to come out April 2nd or earlier, but it's there. (Along with about 4 in the older style boxes)

Joshkj
03-06-2005, 11:19 PM
Im kinda sad...ive been really sick the past two weeks and not able to leave the house and now im having to do a crap load of school work. And I know for sure the Idiots at my target would have put them out :/
And for getting MM all to myself, I have met and talked to 7 scalpers ive ran into GRRR.

Darth Grifter
03-07-2005, 02:10 AM
i've seen the eiii galactic heroes packs at my local targets in oregon...no figs yet for eiii though. i think the tags above most of the preview figs at my targets say eiii basic...

Reefer Shark
03-07-2005, 02:16 AM
I saw the Tri droid fighter today at Target, but wasn't inspired enough to buy it yet. I probably will get it at some point though.

Kidhuman
03-07-2005, 09:57 AM
Found the WheelBike, Obi's SF, and the TDF and GH figs thismorning at Target. LEft the vehicles, grabbed the GH figs.

Reefer Shark
03-07-2005, 09:52 PM
I found the "Force Battlers" assortment at Wal-Mart today. I know they're not very popular around here, but I like them for some reason. Hey, at least they're not all doofy looking like the Jedi Force line. It looked to me like a fresh case, there was 2 Vaders, 2 Anakins, 1 Grievous, and 3 Obi-Wans on the shelf.

They were $9.96ea (which seems overpriced to me.... :ermm: )

Clonetrooper1131
03-07-2005, 09:58 PM
I found the "Force Battlers" assortment at Wal-Mart today. I know they're not very popular around here, but I like them for some reason. Hey, at least they're not all doofy looking like the Jedi Force line. It looked to me like a fresh case, there was 2 Vaders, 2 Anakins, 1 Grievous, and 3 Obi-Wans on the shelf.

They were $9.96ea (which seems overpriced to me.... :ermm: )

Wow $9.96 each? That does seem a little steep. Is that the line that Darth Vader comes with a huge shield?

Fluke Skywalker
03-07-2005, 10:14 PM
I saw the GH figures at Target, but left them. No sign of anything else. I'm going to be skipping GG wheel bike and I'm not going until I see it in the movie o decide on the TDF. I am going to get Obi's starfighter, so I'd like to find it early, along with a few figures if I could.

Turbowars
03-08-2005, 12:16 AM

They were $9.96ea (which seems overpriced to me.... :ermm: )Was that an impulse buy Reefer?

Reefer Shark
03-08-2005, 12:37 AM
Yeah man, total impulse buy. I just love to throw away money... lol

After I opened these, I realized that I only really like the Vader. He's cool because he's so absurd with his shield and beady head. One of those cases where it's so bad, it crosses the line and becomes cool (IMO anyways).

Reefer Shark
03-08-2005, 12:39 AM
Wow $9.96 each? That does seem a little steep. Is that the line that Darth Vader comes with a huge shield?

Yep, you can see the shield in the pic (in my post).

goldent
03-08-2005, 06:05 AM
I found the exact same things that Hellboy found at my local Target in Central Florida. I ended out picking the Grevious Wheel because it was too good pass on. I've noticed Target's been doing that with their Star Wars and Transformers Altenators lines this year versus Walmart.

bobafrett
03-08-2005, 09:17 AM
I found the exact same things that Hellboy found at my local Target in Central Florida. I ended out picking the Grevious Wheel because it was too good pass on. I've noticed Target's been doing that with their Star Wars and Transformers Altenators lines this year versus Walmart.

Yeah, I bought the Grevious Wheel, mostly because it comes with a Grevious figure. I also saw Obi Wans starfighter, and there was a third vehicle (besides Anakins Starfighter) that had little "buzz" droids. Of the four, I only bought the Grevious vehicle.

El Chuxter
03-08-2005, 01:11 PM
I've found quite a few of the Galactic Heroes, Darth Tater, and, sadly, nothing else. But I'm happy. :)

The Galactic Heroes are awesome, as expected. I think Dooku is one of the coolest of the series.

Kidhuman
03-08-2005, 01:25 PM
Dooku looks like a teenager with grey hair...

mm74md
03-08-2005, 01:55 PM
I can't believe people are bidding on these figures at outrageous prices on eBay!

Example REVENGE OF THE SITH AT-TE TANK GUNNER In Hand!!! (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=2476&item=5960676748&rd=1)

It's barely 3 weeks until they are officially on sale. I'd like an AT-TE Gunner. In fact, for this price I could get 5 of them. :rolleyes:

OC47150
03-08-2005, 04:08 PM
Saw all four vehicles at two different Targets over the weekend. I didn't purchase any of them at the time.

I'd buy the starfighters first, followed by the droid fighter and then Grevious' Big Wheel.

Clonetrooper1131
03-08-2005, 07:21 PM
I can't believe people are bidding on these figures at outrageous prices on eBay!

Example REVENGE OF THE SITH AT-TE TANK GUNNER In Hand!!! (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=2476&item=5960676748&rd=1)

It's barely 3 weeks until they are officially on sale. I'd like an AT-TE Gunner. In fact, for this price I could get 5 of them. :rolleyes:

It's kind of like how the collectable stores sell them for $10.00 and then some. All you have to do is wait, or just do a little hunting around.

It's usually for the people who need it NOW.

Jedi Drew
03-08-2005, 07:55 PM
Picked up the Wheel Bike and the Obi Starfighter at Target in Bedford Hts. OH. No "Leaked Figures." :confused:

Clonetrooper1131
03-08-2005, 08:50 PM
I've found this last night at the local Walmart:

Bail Organa
Padme
Kit Fisto
Shaak-Ti
Mon Mothma
Plo Koon
Chancellor Palpatine (prisoner)
Count Dooku
C-3PO
Aayla Secura

Also Obi-Wans, Yoda, and Anakin/Vader lightsaber. From the looks of it, they did a really good job on the Obi-Wans.

Hellboy
03-08-2005, 09:12 PM
Wow Clonetrooper1131 thats a pretty impressive haul. :eek:

Seems Wal-Mart is the best place to find the basic figures while Target remains the best place to find the vehicles. I'm still shocked at the sheer amount of product being leaked out early. I don't remember anywhere near this much EPII stuff showing up before MM.

Clonetrooper1131
03-08-2005, 09:55 PM
Wow Clonetrooper1131 thats a pretty impressive haul. :eek:

Seems Wal-Mart is the best place to find the basic figures while Target remains the best place to find the vehicles. I'm still shocked at the sheer amount of product being leaked out early. I don't remember anywhere near this much EPII stuff showing up before MM.

Thanks.. :)

Same here, I remember EP2 stuff out early, but it wasn't to this degree. I remember my brother getting the Jedi Starfighter early last time, when he tried to check out it came out to $999.99 or something like that. They gave it to him for $19.99. lol

Clonetrooper1131
03-09-2005, 12:28 AM
More found tonight at another Walmart. This is what I found:

Tarful
Yoda
Obi-Wan(Jedi Kick)
Anakin(Slashing Attack)
Obi-Wan(Slashing Attack)
Anakin(Lightsaber Attack)
Chewbacca
R2-D2
Darth Vader

I only picked out the two Obi-Wan's and the two Anakin's. I had debated on Darth Vader, but I'm going to get him later.

The figures look pretty good. The Anakin with Slashing Attack looks a lot better than the pictures I've seen.

Val Da Car
03-09-2005, 12:40 AM
At the Target near me only GH stuff and finally Gen Grevious' Wheelbike!

CrossWizard
03-09-2005, 01:20 PM
More found tonight at another Walmart. This is what I found:

Tarful
Yoda
Obi-Wan(Jedi Kick)
Anakin(Slashing Attack)
Obi-Wan(Slashing Attack)
Anakin(Lightsaber Attack)
Chewbacca
R2-D2
Darth Vader

I only picked out the two Obi-Wan's and the two Anakin's. I had debated on Darth Vader, but I'm going to get him later.

The figures look pretty good. The Anakin with Slashing Attack looks a lot better than the pictures I've seen.

If you have opened them, how's the Jedi Kick Obi Wan and Cloaked Anakin? Do they have any floppy or loose joints due to their action features?

Thanks in advance.

Tycho
03-09-2005, 02:18 PM
Yes they are a little floppy, but they are super-poseable and nicely done. I actually like the AFs this time around.

I've found ALL the figures except it's easier to list what I did not find:

Clone (not out)
Grievous (not out)
body guard (not out)
Emperor (not out)
Mace (not out)
Bail Organa
Padme
Kit Fisto
Shaak-Ti
Mon Mothma
Plo Koon
Agen Kolar
Red Royal Guard (or blue one - which hasn't been found yet)
Yoda #3 (26 is the one that's out)
Most of the Clones (except I got AT-TE Gunner)

I have everything but what's above, up to / including #40 Mas Amedda.

Force Battlers (all but Grievous)
star fighters - all
Galactic Heroes - all

I'll have to start checking K-marts for the Deluxe and 2-packs.

And I need another Aayla because I gave mine to a friend that really wanted her.

Jedi Drew
03-09-2005, 03:59 PM
Found Obi-Wan's Starfighter and Wheel Bike yesterday at Target in Bedford OH. Today I found the Tri-Fighter at Target in Parma OH. No new figures leaked...in this area. :(

Clonetrooper1131
03-09-2005, 06:31 PM
Yes they are a little floppy, but they are super-poseable and nicely done. I actually like the AFs this time around.

I've found ALL the figures except it's easier to list what I did not find:

Clone (not out)
Grievous (not out)
body guard (not out)
Emperor (not out)
Mace (not out)
Bail Organa
Padme
Kit Fisto
Shaak-Ti
Mon Mothma
Plo Koon
Agen Kolar
Red Royal Guard (or blue one - which hasn't been found yet)
Yoda #3 (26 is the one that's out)
Most of the Clones (except I got AT-TE Gunner)

I have everything but what's above, up to / including #40 Mas Amedda.

Force Battlers (all but Grievous)
star fighters - all
Galactic Heroes - all

I'll have to start checking K-marts for the Deluxe and 2-packs.

And I need another Aayla because I gave mine to a friend that really wanted her.

Cool you found the AT-TE Gunner? Great find, I'm a bit jellious. Most of what you've found, I've found too. Went to Target today, and they restocked the vehicles. The only thing was Annakins Starfighter now says, "Firing Blaster Cannons" instead of the "Sneak Preview".

DarthQuack
03-09-2005, 08:57 PM
I'm starting to get real ansy now for figures. I haven't looked in close to 2 weeks because I can't afford to spend right now, even if I do go out and look.....but tomorrow is payday and that can't mean anything good...... :)

ndjedi
03-09-2005, 10:21 PM
I was on Spring Break early in South Texas and i saw a Big K (K-Mart) in Portland, TX, they had all the new ROTS Lightsabers out! I just picked up the Anakin Color-Change Blade for 21.99. Has anyone found any of the Collection I & II ROTS figures anywhere in Texas? Happy hunting guys!

ronhudy
03-10-2005, 12:58 PM
Found C3PO last night at a Las Vegas Wal-Mart. Same Wal-Mart where I found Aayla Secura and Chancellor Palpatine last week. When I found Threepio last night, there was only two of him, and 1 Aayla hangin' there...they looked lonely. Looks like I'll have to frequent this Wal-Mart in the coming days.

He also rang up at $5.24. Here's some pics:

El Chuxter
03-10-2005, 01:08 PM
I've been to every store around every day for the past week. Aside from the Galactic Heroes, all I've found is a dad-burned coloring book! :mad:

mm74md
03-10-2005, 01:28 PM
Still nothing ROTS in Central Maryland :( I'm hitting Target & Wal Mart before work as well as TRU & KMart during lunch. Nothing!

Kidhuman
03-10-2005, 01:32 PM
Same 200 miles south MM74MD ,nada on the ROTS front sans GH figs and vehicles.

tagmac
03-10-2005, 04:36 PM
I just found all three of the Ep III galactic collection figs, as well as Greivous' wheel bike and Obi-Wan's ship at a NJ Target. This worries me a bit, as the figure pegs have been empty for weeks, since the preview figs came out. I'm hoping they haven't been putting the new figures out overnight (thus gone by the afternoon), as Target was my backup plan in case I couldn't get certain figures at Midnight Madness. Hopefully the early releases are limited to the vehicles.

JEDIpartner
03-10-2005, 04:44 PM
The vehicles are on a schedule that has them on release for this month. I don't know why that is... but the Galactic Heroes are right alongside them on the schedule.

Tycho
03-10-2005, 04:57 PM
Don't worry. The figures absolutely, impossibly, cannot EVER fit in the vehicles. :rolleyes:

Hope for Pilot Obi-Wan #56 to come out early.

As for Anakin? Well your Jake Lloyd figure will fit! :mad:

No E2 or E3 Anakin can fit and still close the cockpit over him. Thanks Hasbro.

CrossWizard
03-10-2005, 05:07 PM
Don't worry. The figures absolutely, impossibly, cannot EVER fit in the vehicles. :rolleyes:

Hope for Pilot Obi-Wan #56 to come out early.

As for Anakin? Well your Jake Lloyd figure will fit! :mad:

No E2 or E3 Anakin can fit and still close the cockpit over him. Thanks Hasbro.

Speaking of Anakin, is it true that #2 Anakin Skywalker does not come with an extra no sabre hand as it was shown in Toy Fair? It would be lame if he just has the permanently sculpted blue & red lightsaber hands.

BFett88
03-10-2005, 05:12 PM
I just picked up the new Unleashed Anikan, Obi and Grievous at K-Mart in Thornton Colorado today. Very cool.

Kidhuman
03-10-2005, 05:13 PM
Any pics of them?

BFett88
03-10-2005, 05:20 PM
I could try to get some up tonight. How do I post them?

Kidhuman
03-10-2005, 05:37 PM
I could try to get some up tonight. How do I post them?

When you have them on the computer, click post reply, then scroll down to manage attatchments. Upload and post.

Clonetrooper1131
03-10-2005, 06:23 PM
Speaking of Anakin, is it true that #2 Anakin Skywalker does not come with an extra no sabre hand as it was shown in Toy Fair? It would be lame if he just has the permanently sculpted blue & red lightsaber hands.

No, he has another gloved hand that has the red lighsaber. I'll be posting some pics soon.

CrossWizard
03-10-2005, 08:06 PM
Yeah, but I was talking about a 3rd, regular hand without any lightsabres sculpted on, like plain.

Clonetrooper1131
03-10-2005, 08:22 PM
Yeah, but I was talking about a 3rd, regular hand without any lightsabres sculpted on, like plain.

I apologize, I misread your post. No, there isn't another "regular" hand with no lightsaber.

BFett88
03-10-2005, 08:32 PM
Ok here are the pics.

They are so cool.

Slicker
03-10-2005, 08:36 PM
Ok here are the pics.

They are so cool.Don't forget to check to make sure the size, both length and width and file size, is correct because I've got nothing.

Kidhuman
03-10-2005, 08:36 PM
Ok here are the pics.

They are so cool.

WHere? :beard:

BFett88
03-10-2005, 08:40 PM
Ok here you go

Tycho
03-10-2005, 08:41 PM
I apologize, I misread your post. No, there isn't another "regular" hand with no lightsaber.

Yes there is. You better check your packaging, or check your garbage :eek:

Kidhuman
03-10-2005, 08:42 PM
Awesome pics, I have to get Grievous

Hellboy
03-10-2005, 08:45 PM
Those do indeed look sweet. I especially like Grievous' "action pose."

Slicker
03-10-2005, 08:47 PM
I like how Anakin and Obi-Wan look when connected. Pretty sweet.

CrossWizard
03-10-2005, 08:48 PM

That's a relief to know. Thanks.

Reefer Shark
03-10-2005, 09:09 PM
Damn, you really scored with those unleashed figures. That's the first I've heard of them being found.

I found a lone Tarfful at Wal-Mart today. He was hanging out with a gang of sneak preview Wookie Warriors.

Clonetrooper1131
03-10-2005, 09:20 PM
Wow, great score with the unleashed figures. They all look so cool.

Clonetrooper1131
03-10-2005, 09:25 PM

Okay from what I see is, he has two gloved hands. The one on the figure is holding the blue lightsaber, the other one that looks like it can just pop on has the red lighsaber. I can't really tell (cause it's still in the package) if the lightsaber is molded into the hand. From the looks of it, it might be. That's why he had two different hands. Those are the only two hands in the package, there is no other gloved hand that is NOT holding a lightsaber.

BFett88
03-10-2005, 09:43 PM
They are really cool, but they were 16.99 instead of the regular 14.99.

JEDIpartner
03-10-2005, 11:10 PM
Those are the only two hands in the package, there is no other gloved hand that is NOT holding a lightsaber.

That's not what I've seen...

Clonetrooper1131
03-10-2005, 11:30 PM

Pretty much everytime I post, I'm looking at the figure in hand. I don't know what you saw, or how it was seen any where else. I'm looking at the figure right now. He has a blue lightsaber in hand right now, and another hand that can be attached that is holding a red lightsaber. That's it, he has his other left hand that's just the fleshed colored that's molded permanent to the figure. But there are no other hands in the packge. There is no other gloved hand in the package that doesn't have a lightsaber.

Clonetrooper1131
03-10-2005, 11:43 PM

Here's a pic of the figure.

Kidhuman
03-10-2005, 11:44 PM
I wanna find em now.....grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Nice find

ace2005
03-11-2005, 12:46 AM
All of the ROTS vehicles are showing up at Targets in Houston, Texas. The vehicles are evenly allocated, minus Anakin Skywalker’s Jedi Starfighter.

1 Current Assortment - 6

Anakin Skywalker’s Jedi Starfighter - 6

2 Current Assortment - 6

Obi-Wan’s Jedi Starfighter - 2

Droid Tri-fighter - 2

Grievous’ Wheel Bike - 2

Most people around here seem to be buying up the Droid Tri-fighter and leaving the other two.

Good Luck,

Tycho
03-11-2005, 01:39 AM
Pretty much everytime I post, I'm looking at the figure in hand. I don't know what you saw, or how it was seen any where else. I'm looking at the figure right now. He has a blue lightsaber in hand right now, and another hand that can be attached that is holding a red lightsaber. That's it, he has his other left hand that's just the fleshed colored that's molded permanent to the figure. But there are no other hands in the packge. There is no other gloved hand in the package that doesn't have a lightsaber.

When you OPEN the figure up and take out the clear plastic tray, Anakin's 3rd hand (gloved robot hand) is in there, underneathe the StarWars cut-out that's at the bottom of the packaging. Sorry if you don't open this, you can't know this.

Tycho
03-11-2005, 01:43 AM
Yoda also comes with the tiniest extra little hand (without saber). They don't place these in the packages so you can see them unless you open the figures up.

Obi-Wan has an extra hand...

Vader might. He's the only one I haven't got multiples of already so I can open them. I didn't need a lot of Vader for my scenes...

El Chuxter
03-11-2005, 03:31 PM
I just picked up Deluxe Ani/Vader, Obi-Wan, and Grievous for $11.99 each at the K-Mart in Hemet, CA. No Palpatines, though. I'm not sure about Obi, but the other two look sweeeeet!!

Clonetrooper1131
03-11-2005, 06:40 PM
When you OPEN the figure up and take out the clear plastic tray, Anakin's 3rd hand (gloved robot hand) is in there, underneathe the StarWars cut-out that's at the bottom of the packaging. Sorry if you don't open this, you can't know this.

That clears up a lot. Thanks. lol

Kidhuman
03-11-2005, 07:46 PM
I just picked up Deluxe Ani/Vader, Obi-Wan, and Grievous for $11.99 each at the K-Mart in Hemet, CA. No Palpatines, though. I'm not sure about Obi, but the other two look sweeeeet!!

Lucky SOB, what store where they in?

I found the Wheel Bike and Obis'd JSF, grabbed the wheelBike. I actually opened it and love it.

General_Grievous
03-11-2005, 07:52 PM
I haven't found jack. Not a single thing. I can't believe some of you guys have found nearly all of them. Hey, hats off to you guys.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
03-11-2005, 09:49 PM
Good God! After reading about everything all of you guys found, I lucked out too! My mom went to WM today and found a lot of them, and got me four. We went back and I got four others, so I now have:
Obi-Wan Kenobi (Slashing Attack)
Anakin Skywalker (Lightsaber Attack)
Chewbacca (Wookiee Rage)
R2-D2 (Droid Attack)
Count Dooku (Sith Lord)
C-3PO (Protocol Droid)
Padmé (Republic Senator)
Agen Kolar (Jedi Master)

I like them all. They also had:
Super Battle Droid (Firing Arm-Blaster)
Chancellor Palpatine (Supreme Chancellor)
Bail Organa (Republic Senator)
Shaak Ti (Jedi Master)
Kit Fisto (Jedi Master)
Mon Mothma (Republic Senator)
Tarfful (Firing Bowcaster)
Yoda (Spinning Attack)
Obi-Wan Kenobi (Jedi Kick)
Anakin Skywalker (Slashing Attack)
These looked pretty good too, but I don't know about Anakin's mascara. :p Hopefully they'll still have them in a few days when I can get some more money.

They also had Anakin's, Obi-Wan's, and Yoda's new lightsabers. Anakin's looks sweet, I love how the side of the box for display on the shelf has Anakin but the side for peg display has Vader! :eek: I cannot wait to get these!

ndjedi
03-12-2005, 12:11 AM
You guys are so lucky to be finding all these figures so early!
Where are you all finding these at and what cities, esp if you dont have a location listed on your posting, let us know in your post what city, state your in. Thanks!

Kidhuman
03-12-2005, 12:16 AM
the vehicles have been found at Target from Coast to Coast, figs at Wm across the nation.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
03-12-2005, 12:09 PM
You guys are so lucky to be finding all these figures so early!
Where are you all finding these at and what cities, esp if you dont have a location listed on your posting, let us know in your post what city, state your in. Thanks!
I'm in Lafayette, Colorado, so nowhere near your neck of the woods. My WM usually never gets in anything, so that surprised me twice as much!

ndjedi
03-12-2005, 03:17 PM
I'm in Lafayette, Colorado, so nowhere near your neck of the woods. My WM usually never gets in anything, so that surprised me twice as much!

Thanks Mr. JabbaJohnL! FINALLY, I got lucky as well late last night and this afternoon at two diffrent Wal-Mart's here locally! I was begining to worry that all you guys in CA and everywhere else were the only lucky ones to be finding all the new ROTS figures. I found & bought at Wal-Mart: Obi-Wan Kenobi Slashing Attack #1, Anakin Skywalker Lightsaber Attack #2, Chewbacca Wookiee Rage #5, R2-D2 Droid Attack #7, Darth Vader Lightsaber Attack # 11, Tarfful Firing Bowcaster # 25, Yoad Spinning Attack #26, Obi-Wan Kenobi Jedi Kick #27, Anakin Skywalker Slashing Attack #28. All where marked for 5.24 each.
I even got lucky and found at Taget all 3 of the new medium vehichles as well!
Tri-Droid Fighter, Obi-Wan's Starfighter and General Grievous Wheel Bike for 19.99 each!
I am so HAPPY i was lucky to find all these early today! I even saw, but didnt get, all the new ROTS Galatic Heros toys at Target.
So good luck you guys and don't worry, IF my local Wal-Mart's got all the new ROTS figures in early, yours should as well! Happy EARLY Hunting! :D

Davros224
03-12-2005, 03:34 PM
I found some figures at the Gardner MA Wal Mart. 1st two Anakins, 2nd Obi and Yoda, R2, Chewie, Super Battle Droid, Vader, and Tarfuls! They still have one 2nd Yoda and one 2nd Obi if anyone wants them! Anyone find the Emperor yet?

msjedi
03-12-2005, 05:04 PM
Today at a TRU in Omaha, NE I found two new ROTS lego sets. #7258 Wookiee Attack and #7259 ARC-170 Fighter.

DarkArtist
03-12-2005, 07:34 PM
I am very jealous. New Jersey is dry, the stores around here at least where I am are no where's near releasing anything yet. I wish I could find something, even it was just anakin and obi wan. :( :( :(

adultstarwarsfreak
03-12-2005, 09:56 PM
:( I am a married man with a two year old. Between work and home, I do not get out for toy runs as much as I like to. Is there still going to be a MM, because if not, I am screwed!

Val Da Car
03-12-2005, 10:17 PM
Yes but only at select TRU's.

I am in the midwest and the only 2-3 in SE Wisconsin are going to have a 2 hour Midnight Madness windows on 4/2.

If you have a costume you might get a treat!

there may be more that one promo that night and I know of one store that will redo 1 uber and 1 regular section for the MM.

Each Peg will be dedicated to one figure.....Army Builders UNITE!!!

I will be there in costume of some type....

Kidhuman
03-13-2005, 12:10 AM
:( I am a married man with a two year old. Between work and home, I do not get out for toy runs as much as I like to. Is there still going to be a MM, because if not, I am screwed!

If you have a 24 hr WM near you, hit there

Reefer Shark
03-13-2005, 05:38 AM
They had lots of the new EPIII figures at a local "collector show" (scalper haven) today. I picked up a red royal guard for $10 (too much... I know). Curiosity got me, I had to see what his armor looks like underneath the robes.

This is by far the best version of the royal guard yet IMO. He would be perfect if he came with his pike. If you're into the Crimson Empire, you could easily do Kir Kanos and Carnor Jax customs with a little bit of paint. :smoker:

Here's a few pics:

ace2005
03-13-2005, 07:01 AM
Okay here are the two case assortments that are showing up, sorry that I can not splite up the figures in the right case assortments, but the cashier mixed them all up when she bagged them. What is interesting to note is that their really is not any dupes except for two pieces. So, if you are planning to buy an entire collection you will have to at least buy these to cases to get twenty two pieces out of the twenty four.

Seems everyone has broken street date...

SW E3 Basic Figure C2 ASST W1R1 05 - SW E3 Basic Figure C1 ASST W2R2 05

Super Battle Droid - Fire Arm Blaster! - 1
Yoda - Spinning Attack! - 2
Bail Organa - Republic Senator - 1
Chewbacca - Wookie Rage! - 1
C-3PO - Protocol Droid - 1
Anakin Skywalker - Light Saber Attack! - 1
Darth Vader - Light Saber Attack! - 1
Tarfful - Firing Bowcaster! - 2
Obi-Wan Kenobi - Slashing Attack! - 1
R2-D2 - Droid Attack! - 1
Anakin Skywalker - Slashing Attack! - 1
Padme - Republic Senator - 1
Obi-Wan Kenobi - Jedi Kick! - 1
Plo Kooon - Jedi Master - 1
Kit Fisto - Jedi Master - 1
Battle Droid - Separatist Army - 1
Royal Guard - Senate Security - 1
Count Dooku - Sith Lord - 1
Agen Kolar - Jedi Master - 1
Chancellor Palpatine - Supreme Chancellor - 1
Mon Mothma - Republic Senator - 1
Shaak TI - Jedi Master - 1

Note or ? to anyone else who has found these, the Royal Guard is red, but its pictured as blue, anyone else have anything different?

Good Luck,

JetsAndHeels
03-13-2005, 03:51 PM
Today I was lucky enough to find some figs early. Did not find as many as alot of members here, but I am not complaining one bit!! lol

Here are the figs I found:
Obi Wan
Anakin
Yoda
Chewie
R2
Darth Vader Force Battler

I got all of these, except for the R2 and Chewie (money reasons).

Hellboy
03-13-2005, 04:08 PM
Nice pics Reefer Shark, if its any consolation I probably would've paid $10 for him as well. :D

Nice to see the attention to detail under his robes but you're right he should've come with his force pike as well. The addition of the pistol and holster are cool though.

Turbowars
03-13-2005, 06:33 PM
Found a stash of EP3 stuff today that Bluesnaggles hid for me at K-Mart. When I got to the register to pay $7.69 each :rolleyes: per figure, they said they couldn't sell them to me. I got the store manager and still left empty handed. Oh well I'll just wait until MM.

Slicker
03-13-2005, 06:37 PM
That Royal Guard looks really good. The addition of the armor underneath I guess isn't that bad seeing as you've actually gotta open up the figure to see it. And about the force pike just use the one from a vintage guard or the POTF 2 guard.

Still nothing in Virginia Beach but sucky Tri-Logo CW figs.

Fluke Skywalker
03-13-2005, 10:06 PM
Man, that Red Guard looks fantastic. I was going to skip it, thinking that I already had a couple (AOTC, Vintage et.).

The only new stuff I found tonight were ROTS Legos. Lots of 'em. Meijer had the Turbo tank, Anakin's fighter, Tri droid, GG's Wheel bike. I'm not into the Legos that much so I passed, but they're out there for anyone who is. I think the Anakin fighter was $19.99 and the Turbo tank was $49.99.

Turbowars
03-13-2005, 10:51 PM
What turbo tank is 50 bucks??

Fluke Skywalker
03-13-2005, 10:58 PM
'What Turbo tank?"

Well, I looked all over the box for the name, but for whatever reason it wasn't on there. I assumed it was the TT. It was the giant (6? 8?) wheeled vehicle (Lego). Comes in a "Try me" box, W/ I think a Clone speederbike included. It's part of the new ROTS Lego line. If anyone knows the technical name, please correct me.

EDIT: It was sitting on a shelf W/ a shelf tag that read $49.99. The
shelf tag didn't have the name either as I recall, so who knows it mau have been the wrong one. Legos are so darned expensive that I figured this one to have been higher, but who knows. Lego knowledge is above my pay grade.

Kidhuman
03-14-2005, 12:35 AM
Found a stash of EP3 stuff today that Bluesnaggles hid for me at K-Mart. When I got to the register to pay $7.69 each :rolleyes: per figure, they said they couldn't sell them to me. I got the store manager and still left empty handed. Oh well I'll just wait until MM.

That bites, I would have pitched a fit about it and demanded compensation.

Kidhuman
03-14-2005, 09:47 AM
Well I piurchased a Gen Grievous Unleashed this morning at Kmart???? :confused: :beard:

OC47150
03-14-2005, 09:52 AM
How does it look?

Kidhuman
03-14-2005, 09:54 AM
Freakin Awesome Havent opened yet. Someone has posted a pic of it and OBi and Anakin earlier in this thread.

OC47150
03-14-2005, 09:57 AM
I saw those pix but was more interested in Ani and Obi being connected. I'll have to look again.

jedi master sal
03-14-2005, 11:25 AM
Here are links to my haul from over the weekend. Of the first 26 figures I got 25. Only #9 Grievous is missing.

http://www.geocities.com/swsalerno/Ani-Obi-UN_23figs_BRIGHT.gif
http://www.geocities.com/swsalerno/Figs_spdrbk_Boga.gif
http://www.geocities.com/swsalerno/Food-Promos.gif
http://www.geocities.com/swsalerno/Food-Promos_Bust-Ups.gif
http://www.geocities.com/swsalerno/GH_ships_dlx_LS_DTtr_misc.gif
http://www.geocities.com/swsalerno/Ships_Btlrs_DrthTtr.gif
http://www.geocities.com/swsalerno/Unleashed.gif

Reviews on each figure to follow.

BFett88
03-14-2005, 12:08 PM
Man you really scored!!!!! Did you get about everything that will be released on april 2nd? Also are there any clone troopers being released on the 2nd?

sluray
03-14-2005, 03:19 PM
I am glad they are hitting early. I got 28 of the figs so far along with Yoda, Anakin/Vader, and Obi Wan's lightsaber. Less money to spend on April 2nd. I can focus my attention to the basic figs I still need, 12" dolls, role playing items, and vehicles.

DarthBrandon
03-14-2005, 06:09 PM
I hit the motherload here today, I picked up all the collection2 figures (including the red Royal Guard, no blue ones to be seen) except the battle droid & I have enough of them for now. I passed on all the collection1 figures except Anakin (crappy figure when opened), Chewie, & Grievous bodyguard, I'm waiting for them (Clonetrooper etc) to appear in the collection2 series. I'm not big on action features & I prefer to have them with good articulation, paint etc. I must say I'm blown away by the collection2 figures this time around, they are awesome & if Hasbro keeps up with this I will be buying for a long time to come. I can't wait for the official release to pick up doubles & start army building again. They were found at Zellers (North End Bosskman) in Canada.

Ric Olie
03-14-2005, 08:48 PM
I found some collection 2 figures today at the same Walmart where I got the preview figures and the starfighter. This Walmart I usually only visit every now and then, but since I found the preview figs there I've been hitting it every two weeks and it's paying off. My regular local Walmart hasn't even got the preview figures.

Anyway they had Chancellor Palpatine, Padme, Bail Organa and Mon Mothma which I bought. They also had Plo Koon, C-3PO, Agen Kolar, Shaak Ti, and Kit Fisto which I passed on. They only had one figure per character so I missed out on Dooku and the Royale Guard.

DarkArtist
03-14-2005, 09:25 PM
FINALLY FINALLY FINALLY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Was at the target in Westfield and was able to pick up the Droid Tri Fighter. Could have picked up the grievous bike and obi wan starfighter but only had $25.00. Haven't opened it yet but also noticed that the pegs have the EP III basic tags on each listed for $4.88

Clonetrooper1131
03-14-2005, 11:25 PM
FINALLY FINALLY FINALLY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Was at the target in Westfield and was able to pick up the Droid Tri Fighter. Could have picked up the grievous bike and obi wan starfighter but only had $25.00. Haven't opened it yet but also noticed that the pegs have the EP III basic tags on each listed for $4.88

Yeah I noticed that too last week when I got four figures. It seems like Walmart will be the least expensive out of all the stores. KB Toys was selling the preview figures at $7.99 a piece. :crazed:

trowa_barton
03-15-2005, 01:05 PM
Man you guys are lucky, I did pick up the Obi-Wan Star Fighter at Target (19.99)this past weekend. The yesterday I found the Lightsabers(15.33) at a Wal-Mart, I only picked up Anakin's and Obi-Wan's. They had the Force Battlers but they did not look to impressive up close, definately not 9.88 impressive. All the Wal-Marts in my area have the EIII tags on the pegs. But the stockers at all of them told me that they are not releasing them till April 2. They said that they had to watch a video tape about it. Has anyone else heard about this? :confused:

Greyfolk
03-15-2005, 03:08 PM
I went to my local Wal-Mart in Tulsa, OK and thought I'd peruse the Star Wars isle before I picked up my gallon of milk and LO and BEHOLD the Revenge of the Sith figures were out!! I loaded up my cart, I had:

Obi-Wan Kenobi: Slashing Attack
Obi-Wan Kenobi: Jedi Kick
Anakin Skywalker: Lightsaber Attack
Anakin Skywalker: Slashing Attack
Chewbacca: Wookie Rage
R2D2: Slashing Attack
Yoda: Spinning Attack (firing cannon?)
Super Battle Droid: Firing Arm Blaster
Battle Droid: Separatist Army
Darth Vader: Lightsaber Attack
Chancellor Palpatine: Supreme Chancellor
Bail Organa: Republic Senator
Plo Kloon: Jedi Master
Count Dooku: Sith Lord
C3PO: Protocol Droid
Agen Kolar: Jedi Master
Shaak Ti: Jedi Master
Kit Fisto: Jedi Master
Mon Mothma: Republic Senator
Tarfful: Firing Bowcaster

When I went to check them out the register would not allow it!! They
wouldn't let me buy the figures. *ARGHH* What could I do? "Can I put them
on Lay-Away?" I asked, and they said "No. because they are not even in the
system." I had 20 of the new figures in hand.... 20!

I wanted to cry. I still do. Do you have any suggestions? I mean, if an
item is on the shelf, shouldn't I be able to buy them even if it they are
not supposed to sell them? It was the fault of the store... why should I
be punished?

I learned much about the new figures though, the shelf was fully stocked...
there were only one of the following items:

Mon Mothma: Republic Senator
Darth Vader: Lightsaber Attack
Chancellor Palpatine: Supreme Chancellor

The others had duplicates.

*sob*

-Greyfolk

cerius
03-15-2005, 03:08 PM
I found all the new Galactic Heroes figures at Target. The Emperor/Yoda pack is cool.

ethansports
03-15-2005, 04:21 PM
[QUOTE=Brandon]I hit the motherload here today, I picked up all the collection2 figures (including the red Royal Guard, no blue ones to be seen) except the battle droid & I have enough of them for now. I passed on all the collection1 figures except Anakin (crappy figure when opened), Chewie, & Grievous bodyguard, I'm waiting for them (Clonetrooper etc) to appear in the collection2 series.

Which Collection 1 Anakin is crappy? The regular one or the one with the big cloak?

darthvyn
03-15-2005, 04:40 PM
i found the entire line, a couple of boxes of wave 1 and one entire wave 2 collection at kmart. unfortunately, they had them flagged in the computer system, cuz when i went to check out i had to wait 15 minutes for the manager to tell me i couldn't have them.

so, if you see them at kmart, don't bother trying to purchase them. unless you're very pursuasive, or a hot chick. :rolleyes:

they look really cool, though.

Greyfolk
03-15-2005, 05:04 PM
So how come some people could buy them and others could not? This just doesn't seem just :ermm:

darthvyn
03-15-2005, 05:13 PM
probably because they found them at other places. kmart seems to be the only one to have them flagged, or the only one that is enforcing it. maybe that manager was having a bad day. whatever the reason, it always works out this way for me...

Hellboy
03-15-2005, 06:21 PM
When I went to check them out the register would not allow it!! They wouldn't let me buy the figures. *ARGHH* What could I do? "Can I put them on Lay-Away?" I asked, and they said "No. because they are not even in the system." I had 20 of the new figures in hand.... 20!

I wanted to cry. I still do. Do you have any suggestions?

Well it might not seem like the honest thing to do but if you're afraid that you might have trouble locating the figures in your area come MM I'd find an area in the store to stash them for 2 weeks. If you find a good enough spot they should still be there come April 2nd and by that time they'll be in the store's computer system and ready for purchase. :evil:

Clonetrooper1131
03-15-2005, 06:48 PM
Man you guys are lucky, I did pick up the Obi-Wan Star Fighter at Target (19.99)this past weekend. The yesterday I found the Lightsabers(15.33) at a Wal-Mart, I only picked up Anakin's and Obi-Wan's. They had the Force Battlers but they did not look to impressive up close, definately not 9.88 impressive. All the Wal-Marts in my area have the EIII tags on the pegs. But the stockers at all of them told me that they are not releasing them till April 2. They said that they had to watch a video tape about it. Has anyone else heard about this? :confused:

A video? :confused: What exactly are they going to tell you on a video? lol

Kidhuman
03-16-2005, 12:45 AM
A video? :confused: What exactly are they going to tell you on a video? lol

Open the aisle and run for your lives.

trowa_barton
03-17-2005, 01:26 PM
A video? What exactly are they going to tell you on a video?

I have no idea. All I know is that at all the walmarts in the Austin, TX area except the one I found the Force Battlers and sabers at have told me that they are not going to be released till midnight April 2. I asked why just to see if he even knew, and he said he wasn't sure but the managers made all the stock employees watch a movie about not putting them out early and not getting them out of the back if customers ask for them.

Open the aisle and run for your lives.

Most likely part of the tape :D

Ji'dai
03-19-2005, 11:00 PM
For some reason TRU/Amazon has the ROTS C-3PO figure for order on their site. I didn't see any others besides the preview figures.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0006TZD1Q/

Slicker
03-19-2005, 11:06 PM
I also saw for those of us that don't have them the Skirmish at Carkoon and the Jedi Knights 4-packs. They are selling both for a total of $13.27 or something like $8 apiece. I may have to pick them up.

Edit: I decided to buy them and with shipping and taxes they both came out to $19.90.

Reefer Shark
03-20-2005, 03:51 PM
Amazon strikes again! They have the ARC-170 fighter now for $29.99.

I ordered one (along with the 12" Ultimate Villan last week). Check it out for yourself by clicking ------> here (http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00065ARKW/galactichunte-20/002-8534751-6398457)!

Thanks to galactichunter.com for the tip. BTW: they also have a few more single figures available. Ayyla Secura, Palpatine, etc...

haggis
03-20-2005, 04:00 PM
I bought the first 24 figures last week(Collection 1 and 2). A certain department store apparently doesn't bother reading the outside of the box and that's fine with me. Here in Canada, we are a small operation and the Empire doesn't bother with us. Looking forward to more come April 2nd.
I feel for everyone in the US who has had their purchase denied. I would be P.O'd. If items are out on the shelf, you should be able to buy them. Otherwise, keep them in the back.

Val Da Car
03-20-2005, 05:08 PM
WOW

I want the clear Yoda from TRU so I might wait....but man is that tempting...

Let us know if it ships (with an official tracking number) or if it is held until April 2nd?

Reefer Shark
03-20-2005, 05:22 PM
I'll let ya know on the ARC-170. My 12" Anakin/Vader has shipped already - According to the tracking number, it's due to arrive on Monday or Tuesday :D

JetsAndHeels
03-20-2005, 05:45 PM
This may be a stupid question, but how are people able to order these items online and get them before April 2? Are the street dates not in effect for these items?

Sith Lord 0498
03-20-2005, 07:08 PM
This may be a stupid question, but how are people able to order these items online and get them before April 2? Are the street dates not in effect for these items?

I just checked Amazon, and the ARC-170 is listed as "Currently not available." Either it's sold out or they caught on to their mistake.

BTW, what's with the handle and trigger sticking out of it (a la Imperial Shuttle). Is this thing removable?

Kidhuman
03-21-2005, 12:42 AM
What are you guys typing in to find these things on Amazon? I cant find em :confused: :beard:

Reefer Shark
03-21-2005, 02:21 AM
I just followed the links at GH's home page (http://www.galactichunter.com/). I have no idea how they found the items, nothing comes up when I search for 'em either. :confused:

Kidhuman
03-21-2005, 10:36 AM
Found the Vader Plug and Play today at WM. 18.77. 11 bucks of off the MSRP....

Reefer Shark
03-21-2005, 05:08 PM
I picked up the Vader plug and play last week too (another impulse buy for me). Kind of a neat little item. The cheesy games entertained me for about an hour or so.

----

My 12" Ultimate Villan showed up at work today. Very cool! Crappy packing job by Amazon, but luckily it didn't get too banged up. I'll try to take some pics when I get home.

Also, I got a tracking number for my ARC-170. This one is coming from KY, so it'll probably take a bit longer to get here than the Vader did (Vader came from NV).

Hellboy
03-21-2005, 05:31 PM
Hey Reefer, when your get your ARC-170 please post the details regarding the handle if you wouldn't mind. That is if you're planning on opening it. If it isn't retractable or can't be removed I'm probably going to pass on this one but I'm holding out hope. Thanks. :)

Reefer Shark
03-21-2005, 05:42 PM
Sure, no problem. I'm planning on busting that one open right away, so I'll be able to give you all the juicy details. :)

Clonetrooper1131
03-21-2005, 06:28 PM
About the ARC Fighter, I had checked out different pictures of it. I'm not sure, don't quote me on this, but I think the handle might fold up. There was a picture I had seen and it looked like it folded up some how. If I can find the picture again, I'll post it.

Reefer Shark
03-21-2005, 09:09 PM
Here's a few pics of the 12" Ultimate Villain. He's staying sealed for now. :)

Clonetrooper1131
03-21-2005, 09:54 PM
Here's a few pics of the 12" Ultimate Villain. He's staying sealed for now. :)

Swwwwweeeeeeeeettttttttt! :eek:

tagmac
03-23-2005, 01:16 PM
My local comics shop just got in a bunch of figures (at $14 each, I left them), although the assortment was interesting. Whether they sold out already, are being held to be marked up after MM, or never came in, there was no sign of the Emperor, Vader, Mace, Clone Trooper, Dooku, Greivous, his Bodyguard, or the Royal Guard - figures, the only ones I would have spent more for now. They had nearly all the rest of the figures up to Tarfful, which interestingly, they had 4 of him and Chewie, but only one each of all the rest - which is why I left Tarfful even though I fear his shortpacked status will make him hard to find next week. One thing I can say is, thanks to what I've seen, I have a good idea which figures I'm gonna leave on the shelf come MM - no need to get all of them (although the ones I do want are unfortunately gonna be the ones that get hoarded and scalped. And thanks to Target's promotion, no way I'm gonna be all alone on the 2nd like I was three years ago. Here's hoping for once Amazon actually has all the figures for sale for at least a couple days.

Kidhuman
03-24-2005, 07:07 AM
I grabbed Grievous and a clone last night at WM. I had them ring up Tion and said two more in the cart so she rang em up that way.

OC47150
03-24-2005, 08:09 AM
Boxes with 'wave one' and 'wave two' written on them were spotted at my WM, but not out on the shelves yet.

Hellboy
03-24-2005, 05:36 PM
I grabbed Grievous and a clone last night at WM. I had them ring up Tion and said two more in the cart so she rang em up that way.

Thats a good idea KH. You could even go further than that if you really wanted to get the new figures but they won't ring up. Just cut out the bar code from one of the Preview figures that you've already purchased and take it with you to the store. Grab a glue stick as well and if you find the figures on the shelf apply the glue to the bar code and then attach it to the bottom of the new figure's blister. I've never done this myself but I'd consider it if the new stuff was on the shelves in my area and it was a figure I really wanted. Just remember you didn't get that idea from me. ;)

Kidhuman
03-25-2005, 09:27 AM
Hellboy, that idea would be great IF you are a loose collector. :beard:

Slicker
03-25-2005, 04:52 PM
Found but didn't buy the Lego ARC Fighter, Tri-Droid Fighter, and the Mustafar Lightsaber Duel. The prices were $41, $17, and $32 respectively.

Reefer Shark
03-25-2005, 04:57 PM
My ARC-170 arrived from Amazon today. The box is pretty big and heavy. In answer to the previous question, the handle does fold up into the ship. Very cool! I can't wait to get home and bust it out!

Also, I found a bunch of new figures at Wal-Mart today. I took Anakin, Grievous, G's bodyguard, and Sidious, and Yoda to the register, but no sale... Wish I had some preview wave bar codes and glue stick handy ;) I did try to have them scan a preview figure and said "I have five more of those", but no dice - they needed to scan every figure.. :rolleyes:

Kidhuman
03-25-2005, 05:06 PM
Sucks Reefer. One WM here had Titanium wave 2 out. Price tags on them and all. Got 5 of the 8. They also had the Turbo Tank LEgo and it was 89.00

Hellboy
03-25-2005, 05:15 PM
My ARC-170 arrived from Amazon today. The box is pretty big and heavy. In answer to the previous question, the handle does fold up into the ship.

Sweeeet!!

Thats great news Reefer, thanks for the update. I might just pick up a couple of these now. :D

Clonetrooper1131
03-25-2005, 07:26 PM
My ARC-170 arrived from Amazon today. The box is pretty big and heavy. In answer to the previous question, the handle does fold up into the ship. Very cool! I can't wait to get home and bust it out!:

Could you possibly post pictures of it? Please? :D

Ji'dai
03-25-2005, 10:16 PM
The local Suncoast has the ROTS Republic Gunship on the shelves, $29.99. TRU here has a complete selection of the Ep.III LEGO mini-fig scale sets with a "BOGO 50% Off" sale through March 26. No problem with denial of sale on the LEGO :D

DarkArtist
03-26-2005, 09:25 PM
Was out shopping for some stuff, hoping to get lucky finding some ROTS stuff and found some interesting items at various stores. I was able to find both the Republic Gunship and the new ask Yoda figures as well as the Vader voice changer helmet in new packaging at the Suncoast Video in Woodbridge Mall. While at the TRU in Woodbridge I saw the Deluxe 12" Vader/Anakin combo. Not worth the $50.00 it rang up, sculpt looks horrible........... :mad: :mad: such potential and Hasbro blows it. Also I saw the Midnight Madness poster at the TRU in Woodbridge as well. But the most interesting item was at the Suncoast Video in Menlo Mall they had one display Anakin's lightsaber, the .45 version on display with the vader, kenobi and windu. The associate said that the sabers were his and it was a display to get fans to buy the Clone Wars DVD which was ringing up at $19.99. They also had all the Clone Wars figures for sale at $5.99 a figure.

Reefer Shark
03-26-2005, 10:04 PM
Ok, so I busted out the ARC-170, and let me tell you guys - this ship is awesome! It's much bigger than I expected (about the same size as a gunship), and nice and solid. Vehicle fans are gonna dig this one! Now I just need three new clone pilots to put in it. I have a feeling those are going to be hard to get...

Here's a pic of it next to a Jedi starfighter so you can get an idea of how big it is:

ndjedi
03-26-2005, 10:11 PM
Ok, so I busted out the ARC-170, and let me tell you guys - this ship is awesome! It's much bigger than I expected (about the same size as a gunship), and nice and solid. Vehicle fans are gonna dig this one! Now I just need three new clone pilots to put in it. I have a feeling those are going to be hard to get...

Here's a pic of it next to a Jedi starfighter so you can get an idea of how big it is:

LUCKY!
And you bought that from Amazon.com last weekend right, I think I recall reading your posts on it?
I'm buying that for sure, It's BEEN on my ROTS toy list!
6 days to go and counting till MM!

Reefer Shark
03-26-2005, 10:15 PM
Yep, bought from Amazon.com. Get the ship, you won't be dissapointed! :D

btw: Why are you yelling? ;)

ndjedi
03-26-2005, 10:37 PM
Yep, bought from Amazon.com. Get the ship, you won't be dissapointed! :D

btw: Why are you yelling? ;)

sawry.....;)

Reefer Shark
03-26-2005, 10:44 PM
It's all good!

Clonetrooper1131
03-26-2005, 11:07 PM

VERY cool. That just went to the top of my list.. :D :D :D

Kidhuman
03-27-2005, 01:58 AM
That is a huge ship. Gonna have to get tha tone.

Hellboy
03-27-2005, 03:50 PM
I came across the Deluxe assortment the other day and picked up the Anakin Skywalker/Darth Vader and Chancellor Palpatine/Darth Sidious. I left the Obi-Wan w/ SBD though, mainly because I didn't like the soft goods and plastic cloak mix on Obi-Wan.

These figures are kind of cool even though they're pretty gimmicky. Anakin comes with a blue lightsaber, cloak and removable arms so you can replace them with Vader's arms, red lightsaber, tunic and armor. The whole thing goes together pretty well but not perfect, still I was surprised at how well the concept worked. Palpatine has a rotating head that displays both of his persona's and holes in his cloaks sleeves to house his force lightning. The holes have a blue LED in them that lights up the force lightning, which I think is the coolest part about this figure. Also included is a spare hand with saber attached.

Overall they're decent, really more of an impulse buy on my part since I usually pass on figures with gimmicks but these a kinda fun and are much better than the junk we got in the EP II Deluxe assortment.

DarthBrandon
03-27-2005, 04:13 PM
Congrats on your find HB, I seen these last week & I debated whether or not to get some for Brandon, but I found the strength to say no to gimmicks. :D How well does the Vader / Anakin work? I know you said it was done pretty well but not perfect, would it be good for a six or seven year old & what's not perfect about it ? You know I'm picky about things so whats' the scoop. LMK, if so I may reconsider.

TC & Peace

B

Val Da Car
03-27-2005, 05:09 PM
I found the Unleashed Gen Grevious but upon scanning it for checkout it said "Please see an associate" fortunately there was one standing there (but he was an ICS? associate not a toy associate).
He called over a real manager of the store to help us "understand" why a toy would ring up that way on the scanner.
While I was waiting for the manager to show up (which did not take too long) I walked around the toy department and found an empty box that was the 12" EP3 figure box.

When the Manager arrived I mention that this item was "probably" part of the Episode 3 release next Saturday but I walked him over to and pulled down the empty box and discussed the Offical Release Date (on the box in red) with him and how with this happening that I hope he would have merchandise to sell as part of the MM coming up. And how in the past the boxes have been opened on the pallets pilfered.

He then asked me if I was "with" Hasbro and I said I have met some of the area reps.

He did thank me for bringing this to my attention and I mention that I am aware of some of the HW scalpers/collectors are very enthusiastic and he understood that.

He said he would take care of this and sincerely thanked me for my time I think someone is going to catch some $%#% for this.

btw this is the same store that had a clerk back in late 2002 early 2003 told me that SW was going to be cancelled and I think he is the toy dept mgr.

I hope sharing this event helps because I do feel better about it.

Thanks

VDC

General_Grievous
03-27-2005, 06:28 PM
I found a ROTS Republic Gunship at a Suncoast store. I skipped out on it though, because I'm sticking with my AOTC Gunship.

Hellboy
03-27-2005, 08:12 PM
Congrats on your find HB, I seen these last week & I debated whether or not to get some for Brandon, but I found the strength to say no to gimmicks. :D How well does the Vader / Anakin work? I know you said it was done pretty well but not perfect, would it be good for a six or seven year old & what's not perfect about it ? You know I'm picky about things so whats' the scoop. LMK, if so I may reconsider.

TC & Peace

B

Its funny that you mention your son because my exact thoughts after opening these were that the action features/gimmicks on these figures were actually something I would have enjoyed as a kid. I do think he'd enjoy both figures the only thing I'd consider as a possible negative is that Vader comes with quite a few small pieces that could be lost quite easily. :)

As far as Vader not being perfect, I said that for basically two reasons. Anakin's outfit is, as we all know, dark brown and Vader's armor pieces do a good job of covering that with the exception of a couple areas. The upper arms, since the arms detach at the elbow, his upper legs and his feet. It isn't a huge deal because the upper part of his arms are under his cape for the most part and his legs and feet are hardly visable because they're covered mostly by his tunic. The other complaint is that there is a small gap between the lower torso plate and the breast plate because they're two seperate pieces. It might sound strange but the upper breast plate, cape and helmet are all attached (one piece) and Anakin's head doesn't come off it sinks into his torso while the inside of the helmet has two plastic pieces that drop down into gaps on both sides of his head (that appear when the head is depressed) locking the cape/upper torso/helmet piece into place. Hope that makes sense its kind of hard to describe but it works pretty well with the exception of the tiny gap between chest pieces. By no means is this a perfect figure but like I said it's fun to play with which is more than I can say about the majority of Deluxe figures.

Jedi
03-27-2005, 09:51 PM
Is the Darth Tater item set to be released for MM is that an item that has already hit the store shelves?

Sincerely,
Jedi

Turbowars
03-27-2005, 09:56 PM
Yeah it's been out just as long as the pre-view figures have. Got mine a few weeks ago.

Hellboy
03-30-2005, 01:42 AM
I ran into all of the Force Battlers, the ROTS lightsabers and the new board games like Trivial Pursuit and Risk today. None of it interested me but for whatever reason this stuff isn't being held back for the April 2nd street date like the rest of the toys, at least around here.

cerius
03-30-2005, 09:42 AM
Is the Darth Tater item set to be released for MM is that an item that has already hit the store shelves?

Sincerely,
Jedi

I bought Darth Tater at TRU about 2 weeks ago - he's cool.

Kidhuman
03-30-2005, 10:46 AM
Alot of stores held him back along with a ton of other ROTS merch. It was supposed ot be released along with the P&P, but stores are not selling them.

bobafrett
03-30-2005, 01:14 PM
To date, I have only found one Darth Tater, all alone on the shelf, everyday I whine to the department manager, "When are you going to put out the Darth Taters?" He just laughs.

I posted this elsewhere as I forgot about this thread, but I went to Target last night in search of the Lava Vaders, and found the 3 unleashed figures, and 8 of the 3 3/4 inch Jedi figures # 16, 20, 21, 22, 29, 30, 31, and 32. They rang up no problem. Lightened my wallet a little, but less I will have to buy April 2nd.

DarkArtist
03-30-2005, 03:59 PM
Just came from the Suncoast Video store in Woodbridge NJ and they had a ton of ROTS stuff. They had all of the 12" line, trooper, palpy,grievous,anakin,kenobi. Grievous looked badass. They had collection 1 of the figures as well as ask yoda, the attackics sneak peak line, the unleashed anakin and obi wan plus grievous to boot. Not bad looking sculpts on the unleashed, may pick them up but i am really not a big fan of them. They also had the Vader helmet in sith package as well as the republic gunship. Some tee-shirts and of course the poster as well as both mace's and luke's FX sabers. Prices were a bit high but since this is not wally world or tru I guess they were within reason. I am saving myself for the MM sale so the few houors remaining are killing me. Can't wait to play with them on 4/2. :) :) :)

OC47150
03-30-2005, 04:02 PM
It's Suncoast. The prices are supposed to be high!!

tagmac
03-30-2005, 05:18 PM
Were they actually selling the stuff, or was it just put out to look at until Saturday?

bobafrett
03-30-2005, 11:28 PM
I saw the Republic Gunship and the talking Yoda at suncoast when I went to pick up my Clone Wars DVD. I decided I could wait, since WM prices are lower, plus being employed there, I save an extra 10% off.

Phantom-like Menace
03-31-2005, 02:53 AM
The weekly conference call for Suncoast in my area instructed stores to put out their Episode III stuff because so many other stores had broken street date. The Suncoast where I live didn't have any of the Episode III figures, but it did have the gun ship. It also had the novelization of the movie, which I picked up and just finished reading a few minutes ago. I went into Suncoast today, though, and all of the Episode III stuff had been taken down, so they may have changed their minds. I do know for certain that Sam Goody stores were told not to put the novel out until April 2nd. I bring this last up, of course, because the two are owned by Musicland.

DarkArtist
03-31-2005, 05:04 PM
TAGMAC they were for sale, in fact the employee asked me if I was looking ofr any figure in particular as he had extra cases in the back. He said they had some of the other ships like Kenobi's starfighter but they were waiting till saturday to put them out.

tagmac
03-31-2005, 05:33 PM
Thanks. I actually took a ride there last night and picked up the 12" and the two Unleashed (Greivous was sold already - gotta wait til tomorrow for that, hopefully). Must have been a different employee when I got there, cuz when I asked if there were more Unleashed in the back, he said no, not til next week. No sign of the regular figs, although it didn't look like they'd even had a spot for them. The prices were fine - no different from TRU, IMO. This saves me a little time tomorrow, so I can spend more time worrying about fighting the crowds and scalpers for the regular figs.