PDA

View Full Version : Tri-Logos at Pennsylvania W-M

Sith Lord 0498
03-04-2005, 11:57 AM
Last night, I was doing a routine toy pass at the Wal-Mart supercenter in Wilkes-Barre, PA while grocery shopping. I got to the SW section and, lo and behold, they had what looked to be an entire case of Animated Wave 3 from CANADA!!!

No kidding. Everything was written in English, French, and Spanish. I couldn't believe my eyes. I looked on the bottom of the bubble and sure enough, it said "Hasbro Canada."

Since I'm not a carded collector, I left them on the pegs. I do remember thinking that this may be an ominous sign in terms of ROTS distribution. I mean, c'mon, if they can't even get product to the right country... :crazed:

Kidhuman
03-04-2005, 09:26 PM
I picked up a yellow clone as well today and much to my Chagrin it was tri-logo, found in a Va WM.

Darth Alex
03-05-2005, 12:38 AM
After talking with Sith Lord 0498 about this last night, I find it AMAZING that the WB PA Walmart even GOT these in-Hazleton PA and Bloomsburg PA were dry of the animated figs on a run today.
Seeing as how the Bib Fortuna(here he goes AGAIN) case never made the rounds in any kinda quantity at ALL except, what was it Sith Lord, once, it doesn't suprise me that Hasbro USA is now sending foreign cards to us.
As far as "I do remember thinking that this may be an ominous sign in terms of ROTS distribution. I mean, c'mon, if they can't even get product to the right country... " goes, well that IS a really good point.
Sure, April, May, maybe June should be really good as far as getting what we want.
I'm wondering(not obsessing, YET) what mid-late summer will bring.
With no shots of the Wookie vehicle or some of the other DE-luxe figures or the evolutions OR the Battle 5-figure packs(ala GI JOE Ninja set, out now) I wonder if the ROTS line will go the way of Phantom Menace, with poor later line distrbution and a lot of scrapped ideas.
Example- for those of us who want the new Force Battlers 7" line, if you read the lists posted on the internet, I don't really believe we'll easily see all of them at retail. The end of that particular line will be hard-to-find. Always is, especially if they either sit at retail or have lousy new/old figure ratios in later cases.
And that's just not right-ROTS will be huge and this year OF ANY should have stable distribution right through 2006.
'Nuff said on my part...anyway, nice find. I mention this in the forums and not just on the phone, because it takes a good EAGLE EYE to spot a tri-logo card when yer not even really looking for the Cartoon line anymore!

Slicker
03-05-2005, 07:06 PM
I found several different Tri-Logo Clone Wars figs at WM tonight. They had the Yellow Clone, Durge, Ani, and Ben. I didn't pick up any because I personally don't like Tri-Logo figs but if anyone wants any they had tons of them there so just PM and I'll get 'em.:)

Sith Lord 0498
03-05-2005, 08:20 PM
OK...so obviously this isn't just a very bizarre fluke at one Wal-Mart. So the question is why are we getting SW product meant for Canada?? Are they not selling well up there, and Hasbro's trying to unload them here in the States? Was there a major mix-up somewhere in the distribution route? What gives here?

EDIT: BTW, I decided to pick up a General Grievous just as a "curiosity" piece for my collection. He's the only one that I'm guaranteed to leave carded since I already have the ROTS Sneak Preview Grievous opened. Don't need an animated one to display now.

Slicker
03-05-2005, 08:33 PM
Could've been some sort of distribution mess-up since they've only been found so far in the west.