PDA

View Full Version : ROTS Variations?

The 'Xir
03-05-2005, 02:17 AM
Hey - Sorry if this has been discussed, but here in Da' Cuse we don't see much new stuff hit the shelves! All we have is preview figures, clone wars, and those mini playschool 2-figure sets! Haven't seen Legos, haven't seen Anakins Fighter! But none-the-less, I was just wondering if any of you guys have seen or know of any variants, mistakes, or alternate packaging with any of the new RotS stuff that's come out? I've heard RG-49 is suppossed to be hard to find, but he's everywhere around here, and it seems Tion Medon is actually the one that you don't see alot of! But again, any vairants out there that anyone knows of, like back in the day during the Ep1 inital figure release, when Variants seemed to run rampant?! :cool: Any hep here wood be hot! :stupid: :D

Bobby Fett
03-05-2005, 02:02 PM
I don't know if they'll hit the market, but the photos of Grievous' Bodyguards has the name misspelled as "Grievous's Bodyguard".

The photos may be of pre-production samples and the production items may correct the misspelling.

General_Grievous
03-05-2005, 02:37 PM
Well, there might be variant Senate Guard figures, one blue and one red, but this isn't really confirmed yet.

vadersvette
03-05-2005, 03:38 PM
Well, there might be variant Senate Guard figures, one blue and one red, but this isn't really confirmed yet.

Actually, I think there is going to be a red guard. If you look at the cardboard insert on the figure, it shows both, and the folks over at Rebelscum say that he's shipping in later assortments.

The 'Xir
03-06-2005, 03:23 AM
Sorry my roomate is an idiot!! The royal guards I think will be normally offereded as blue and red imperial guards just like before! However, this won't stop normal shippining? I'm only talking varients from the preview figs, remember back during ep1 when Palpatine had the Black sticker covering up his carded figure, well that's the type of vairiants I'm Talking about! You guys seen anything out of the unusuall!!!

Kidhuman
03-06-2005, 10:25 AM
Nope, Just a grievous with a missing blaster that someone posted. Everything else is normal

Mr. JabbaJohnL
03-06-2005, 12:15 PM
I don't know if they'll hit the market, but the photos of Grievous' Bodyguards has the name misspelled as "Grievous's Bodyguard".

The photos may be of pre-production samples and the production items may correct the misspelling.
"Grievous's" is the correct way to spell it. "Grievous'" isn't. Apparently Hasbro doesn't know correct grammar, so on the figure it's called Grievous's Bodyguard (correct) but on his wheel bike and the battle arena, it's got no extra "s" on the end, as it should. So maybe they'll correct this, but I doubt it.

Anakin's Jedi Starfighter is currently available with a Sneak Preview sticker, but by April 2 that will be replaced by one that says Firing Blaster Cannons. I don't know whether or not the back of the box will be different, but I'll say yes.

Turambar
03-06-2005, 12:23 PM
[QUOTE=Mr. JabbaJohnL]"Grievous's" is the correct way to spell it. "Grievous'" isn't. Apparently Hasbro doesn't know correct grammar, so on the figure it's called Grievous's Bodyguard (correct) but on his wheel bike and the battle arena, it's got no extra "s" on the end, as it should. So maybe they'll correct this, but I doubt it.QUOTE]

I haven't been in grammar school in a while, but I remember learning both forms are acceptable when the name ends with an "s": s' or s's.

Bobby Fett
03-06-2005, 12:51 PM
Here's an easy way to check the proper spelling:

Type both into your word processor and see which is underlined. In Microsoft Word "Grievous's" in underlined as being misspelled. "Grievous'" is not.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
03-06-2005, 05:38 PM
I think that when someone's name ends in s, you add 's. So it would be "Chris's book." Maybe the word processor doesn't recognize Grievous as a name? I think when it's a special name or something (like Jesus) you don't add an s. I'll have to check with my LA teacher, especially since he likes General Grievous!

Either way, I'd like for them to be consistent.

The 'Xir
03-09-2005, 10:33 PM
Just a note in passing: Syracuse never gets anything in the way of new stuff, so I just now picked up my first Preview Anakin Starfighter veichle! Not really a variation, but I noticed how the "Preview" label was just that, a sticker! Wonder if they made ones with it printed on the box, or if they will? Something to look for, although, obviously they'll repackage it for the regular RotS line!

Kidhuman
03-16-2005, 10:35 AM
Someone over at RS posted a pic of the different cardbacks. One is purple and one is blue...