PDA

View Full Version : What is the stupidest Episode III rumor you've heard?

General_Grievous
03-05-2005, 06:45 PM
There have been many stupid rumors about ROTS floating around since AOTC came out. What is the stupidest one, in your opinion?

Mine is, hands down, the "Farting Yoda" rumor, where apparently on Kashyyyk the diminuitive Jedi master paints mud on his face, rides on Chewie's back, and, erm...relieves himself while doing it. I think this was just some fan's idea of a joke...or should I say, I hope.

El Chuxter
03-05-2005, 06:55 PM
I heard something about Anakin fighting with Obi-Wan and falling in some lava. Puh-leeze!!

But seriously, I think Gillian Anderson as a Jedi General was the silliest.

stillakid
03-05-2005, 07:12 PM
I heard that ROTS would tie all the loose ends together and would be the best Star Wars film ever. :D

Kidhuman
03-05-2005, 08:00 PM
Han is a basis for the clones.....

Sith Lord 0498
03-05-2005, 08:24 PM
There a posting at MillenniumFalcon.com that describes a supposedly discarded scene from ROTS that has Han being a young "slob-like" kid being raised by Chewbacca and he helps Yoda track down General Grievous in a conference room on Kashyyyk.

This one makes the Han clone template rumor seem like the greatest idea in the world.

Slicker
03-05-2005, 08:38 PM
How about how a certain forumite that thinks Dooku is Anakin's dad? How they could possibly explain that in the first couple of minutes of the movie before he's killed is quite beyond me but let him think what he wants to think. I just want to be the first one to say "I told you so".:p

hango fett
03-05-2005, 09:11 PM
probably back when the fan script for AOTC came out and they had the supposed script for ROTS out with it. it had on there a sith council. i about died. sith kill each other, let alone have them in a room full of others sith trying to talk.....uh no.
HF

Mr. JabbaJohnL
03-05-2005, 09:24 PM
As others have said, basically all of the theories Tycho's come up with. What a piece of work he is! :p Just kiddin' Tycho. *cough*crazy*cough* What? :D

Same goes for the farting Yoda dealy. Dear God, I hope that is false.

JJB once came up with the notion that Ben is Obi-Wan's true name form birth, and the Jedi get fake names when they become Jedi. That's crazy, how the hell would Obi-Wan find that out anyway? He just uses the name to hide out from everyone. Again, I could be wrong on this one.

General_Grievous
03-05-2005, 10:09 PM
JJL, on the Ben thing, I've created my own theory. In the "Inside the Worlds of Episode 1" book, it shows the complete Podrace course. One of the landscapes on this course is called Ben's Mesa. I think that Obi-Wan adopted this name once he got to Tatooine to not draw attention to himself that he was once a Jedi. Because people all over the galaxy would be hunting "Obi-Wan Kenobi", so he changed his first name for his own safety.

But I agree that the whole "Dooku is Anakin's father" theory is pure trash. They probably have blood samples of all of the Jedi. When Qui-Gon took Anakin's blood sample, wouldn't an analysis show up on the computer that Obi-Wan was looking at that showed a blood type match between Anakin and Dooku?

2-1B
03-05-2005, 11:59 PM
For a long time I thouight General Grievous was the stupidest rumor of ROTS. Then after awhile it became a fact (that he is in the movie, not that he's stupid) and THEN I saw him in Clone Wars and thought he really sucked.

Since then I've softened up to his existence and I'm going in to ROTS with an open mind toward the character.

Another stupid rumor I heard was that Padme would die during childbirth and therefore not survive to raise Leia if only for a little bit. And of course her dying turned out to be true, too. I guess from ROTJ I always assumed that her vague memories were that of at least a 2 or 3 year old and No, I am not even basing that on the novelization which fleshed out how Leia remembered going on the lam with Padme.
That was just always my assumption but I guess I was wrong.

tagmac
03-06-2005, 03:12 AM
- Palpatine and Sidious are two different people, one of whom is really a clone

- love triangle involving Anakin, Padme, and Obi-Wan

- Padme never died, but was "hiding out" by changing her name to Mon Mothma

The 'Xir
03-06-2005, 04:26 AM
I heard that ROTS would tie all the loose ends together and would be the best Star Wars film ever. :D

you heard that too, huh? I swear I don't know how these things get started?!!!!
:cool:

sith_killer_99
03-06-2005, 11:01 AM
I heard a horrible rumor that George Lucas was going to do a cameo appearance in EP3 with some kinda stupid name like Papa-something-or-other. :rolleyes:

That's about as silly as having some "boy band" in EP2.

:crazed:

General_Grievous
03-06-2005, 01:47 PM
I remember those rumors. N-Stink as Jedi. Thank god Lucas decided against it.

bobafrett
03-06-2005, 06:43 PM
I remember those rumors. N-Stink as Jedi. Thank god Lucas decided against it.

No, they were in there as the background Jedi who get killed, just like their real life careers! (see, I just started a rumor)

DarkArtist
03-06-2005, 08:38 PM
I remember reading about the sith scene but instead it was with sidious, vader, dooku and a robotic clone verision of maul. Them along with boba fett captured mace, yoda and a very pregnant padme. It seems vader goes beserk and kills dooku with mace fights with the fett, padme goes to shoot fett in the back missing and hit mace in the arm thus knocking out his lightsaber giving fett the perfect shot at mace killing him. Maul goes to kill padme with sidious and yoda duel, Vader blocks maul's lightsaber blows and the two of them fight until Vader gets the upper hand and kills the clone maul. Yoda flees with Padme.
Just the idea of a clone maul sounds funny so it can't be true, :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: can it ????????????

CaptainSolo1138
03-07-2005, 07:57 AM
Just the idea of a clone maul sounds funny so it can't be true, :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: can it ????????????
I read this "confirmed report" about two years ago. Not only was Maul a clone, but he had *oooooohhhhhh* yellow facepaint this time!! :rolleyes: Those are the kind of rumors that belong on the internet. Oh, wait...........