PDA

View Full Version : Where were they at the end?

General_Grievous
03-06-2005, 12:50 PM
When Mace, Obi and Yoda are conferring at the end, it looks like they are in the Jedi Council Room. But there is only one chair in the room. Are they in another tower of the Jedi Temple that looks similar to the Council room, or do the Council chairs lower into the floor or something when they're not being used?

And before you ask, yes, I really do think about this stuff.:p

El Chuxter
03-06-2005, 02:41 PM
I've always thought they were in the Jedi Coucil chambers, but since the Council wasn't meeting, there was no reason to have all the chairs. I'm sure there's a sign hanging there that says "Your mama doesn't work here, so clean up your own mess," and so all the Council members are sure to put away their chairs and recycle their soda cans after every meeting. ;)

Billiam86
03-06-2005, 06:47 PM
I always thought they were in the room where Mace and Yoda hear qui-gon go "no anakin no!" after he slaughters the tuskins...just with the curtains up or something...I don't know

The 'Xir
03-07-2005, 03:21 AM
Actually I thought I read somewhere that the chairs do in fact retract ino the floor! But regardless, they are not in the Jedi Council room, I think Billiam is correct, and that is Yoda's personal quarters!

Mr. JabbaJohnL
03-07-2005, 12:13 PM
Actually I thought I read somewhere that the chairs do in fact retract ino the floor! But regardless, they are not in the Jedi Council room, I think Billiam is correct, and that is Yoda's personal quarters!
That's definitely not the case. The floor and sizing is exactly the same as the Jedi Council room, unlike Yoda's room, which is mostly gray/blue and much smaller. I think it's the Jedi Council room, but with the chairs gone. Why the chairs are gone, I have no idea. But they can definitely be moved, as Shaak Ti's chair is different than Yaddle's chair (they're similar though).

JediTricks
03-07-2005, 09:44 PM
I thought the Jedi Council chamber wasn't even a set, just some chairs and a bluescreen.

The 'Xir
03-08-2005, 07:24 AM
Well, atleast we have another excuse to go watch the movie! :D I'll get back to you on what I see! :D

mabudonicus
03-08-2005, 10:22 AM
I thought the Jedi Council chamber wasn't even a set, just some chairs and a bluescreen.
So, you're suggesting that they were Onscreen in that scene, JT ;)???

LOL funny stuff

Mr. JabbaJohnL
03-08-2005, 05:33 PM
I don't know if it is or not, but I thought they at least had the floor. I know though, that for AOTC, they re-used a lot of footage of the lesser Jedi Council members, but I don't know if they rebuilt a set for Anakin, Mace, etc.

At any rate, digital or real, it's the Jedi Council room without chairs.

Sith Lord 0498
03-08-2005, 08:24 PM
I can't quite remember where I heard/read this (yeah I know...big help that is :) ). They are in the Jedi Council chamber, but the absence of all the chairs was meant to reflect the severe loss the Jedi ranks suffered during the Battle of Geonosis.

El Chuxter
03-09-2005, 12:04 PM
George wants us to believe the guys at Geonosis were all the Jedi left at the time. Shyeah, right. I didn't see the Dark Woman; did you? :crazed:

Sith Lord 0498
03-09-2005, 04:17 PM
All the remaining Jedi did go to Geonosis...but only the Jedi remaining on Coruscant. That was insinuated by Mace's line "It is done then. I will take what Jedi we have and go to Geonosis to help Obi-Wan."

mabudonicus
03-09-2005, 04:49 PM
Ooohhhh , Chux got SERVED
:beard:

Mr. JabbaJohnL
03-09-2005, 05:13 PM
I don't know why they'd need to move all the chairs out to symbolize the huge losses - sure, there were a lot of dead Jedi after Geonosis, but it's not like all of the Jedi Council except Mace and Yoda died then.

Sith Lord 0498
03-09-2005, 08:54 PM
I don't know why they'd need to move all the chairs out to symbolize the huge losses - sure, there were a lot of dead Jedi after Geonosis, but it's not like all of the Jedi Council except Mace and Yoda died then.

Yeah, that didn't make much sense to me either when I first heard that explanation. But then I thought: "We don't get to see the entire room. Maybe there are only three or four chairs missing, and it just looks like more."

BTW, I just checked the screenplay in my copy of "The Art of Episode II", and the scene is indeed the Jedi Council Chambers--confirmation for earlier posters who thought it was Yoda's chambers.