PDA

View Full Version : Troopers

sith_killer_99
03-06-2005, 02:23 PM
Dear Hasbro, I would like to see the following figures re-released and/or updated. These are guaranteed sellers and would be a great way to follow up the ROTS line at the end of the year. I would also like to see these done in OTC style packaging.

AT-AT Driver The new AT-AT Driver should be done much like the new TIE Pilot, with similar knee joints helmet/chest plate sculpt, etc. It should also have the loose hanging straps like Dutch Vander. This would be a great new addition to the line and an army builder that would easily sell out.

Snowtrooper I am partial to the POTF2 Snowtrooper, but I am sure that Hasbro could re-work this guy to have better knee wrist and elbow articulation with the smaller blaster that was used with the newer TIE Pilot. I would also like to see a new paint deco on this guy. Again this is an army builder that would easily sell out.

AT-ST Driver This would be a simple re-do of the Han Solo AT-ST Driver with a new head sculpt, but it would be even better if you used the same legs as the new TIE Pilot.

Sandtrooper This could be either the same Sandtrooper from POTC/POTJ or a variation on the CT style Stormtrooper. However, I would like to see this guy released with all 4 color pauldrons. I would recommend 1 of each color per case. Again, this would be an incredibly popular figure that could easily sell out.

Scout Trooper I would recommend re-releasing the POTJ/OTC/POTC Scout with dirty and clean variations 2 of each per case would be great. Again this is a proven figure guaranteed to sell out!

Stormtrooper I am still partial to the CT style Stormtrooper and would like to see him released with the smaller blaster. Thought the VOTC style Stomtrooper is popular as well. Either way these guys always sell out!!!

Death Star Trooper I would like to see this guy done in a more neutral pose with added articulation. Something along the lines of the new TIE Pilot. I could live with the old head sculpt, but a new one would be nice. Just make sure you keep the removable helmet feature. Again pack him with a blaster and I guarantee he would sell out!

Imperial Officer This one is a no brainer. Just give us re-packs of the POTJ/Saga Imperial Officer. It would be nice to have a few new head sculpts, so long as they are evenly packed per case. I would also recommend re-painiting these guys in the Imperial Gray uniforms with a few different head sculpts. The key again is even distribution. Imperial Officers never sit long on the shelves, so again you would be able to sell out quickly.

The other thought I had was that Hasbro could sell all of these through a seperate line called the "Army" line or "Star Wars Armies" or some other such name. Hasbro could sell these along with the regular line, this could be a running line Hasbro could continue to ship these Army Builder figures and they would sell like hotcakes.

They could do one case assortment per quarter. First quarter they could ship Imperial Officers 1 case of 12 with 6 black uniform and 6 grey uniform Officers, 3 head sculpts would allow for 2 of each per case. Second Quarter they could ship solid cases of Sandtroopers, 3 of each color. The third quarter they could ship Snowtroopers and Scout Troopers 6 of each with 3 clean and 3 dirty Scouts. Forth quarter a solid case of Stormtroopers! Everyone loves to get Stormtroopers for Christmas!

stillakid
03-06-2005, 02:31 PM
What he said...

...and please ship all the above in buckets, as in, Bucket O' Stormtroopers...it could/would cut down on packaging costs.

:)

Kidhuman
03-06-2005, 02:34 PM
Nice idea SK99,

Some that were left off :

Endor Rebel Troops: Again, Ship them with a case, Bearded and non bearded in different poses.

Hoth Rebel Soldiers:Could use an entire remake of this one. Put in different poses, different guns and sculpts

El Chuxter
03-06-2005, 02:38 PM
How about a ten-pack of Ewoks? Seriously. They're little troopers of a sort. They could all be based on variations on just a couple of molds and accessories with different color schemes so we can make kick-arse displays of the Endor battle.

Not that we don't want Warok, Romba, Lumat, Chirpa, a proper Paploo, and all the other "named" Ewoks.

Same thing can go for Jawas, Tusken Raiders, and Geonosians. Even Gungans, though something tells me they won't sell quite as well.

Slicker
03-06-2005, 03:03 PM
You could also add TIE Pilots and Royal Guards for those that would want to make the Emperor's arrival diorama.

They're trying to do just this with the EE Clones but they're missing the mark by a wide margin in the price department.

dr_evazan22
03-06-2005, 03:39 PM
I'd add that the exclusive release at EE of the AOTC Clone's is WAY cool, and would like to see something like that for the ROTS clones, as well as the Stormies listed above.

sith_killer_99
03-06-2005, 03:46 PM
Seriouly, there are a dozen different ways Hasbro could do these. Here are a few:

TRU Box sets like the ones they have been doing, but instead of 1 good Biker Scout and one Ewok with yet another Han. Give us a box set with a speeder biker a Trooper with 3 Scouts clean, dirty whatever. Just give us Army Builders!

The 3 per card Army Builder like the Clone sets, but regular figures, not one pose wonders!

The "Cinema Scene" box set. Like the Super Articulated Clone sets due out later this year!

2 packs, like the Leia sets.

Or just go with the old stand by, single carded figures!

Any way you look at it they will sell!!!!! :D

stillakid
03-07-2005, 01:07 AM
Seriouly, there are a dozen different ways Hasbro could do these. Here are a few:

TRU Box sets like the ones they have been doing, but instead of 1 good Biker Scout and one Ewok with yet another Han. Give us a box set with a speeder biker a Trooper with 3 Scouts clean, dirty whatever. Just give us Army Builders!

The 3 per card Army Builder like the Clone sets, but regular figures, not one pose wonders!

The "Cinema Scene" box set. Like the Super Articulated Clone sets due out later this year!

2 packs, like the Leia sets.

Or just go with the old stand by, single carded figures!

Any way you look at it they will sell!!!!! :D

...don't forget the Bucket. :D

X13VADER
03-07-2005, 08:00 AM
We Need More Ary Builders. I Have Bought Every Stormtrooper I Have Ever Found. I'm Sorry But You Can Not Ever Have Enough Stormtroopers,i Really Like The Otc Version I Only Found 3 Of Those.have You Seen The Multi Paks From Hasbro I Think They Are Gi Joe But Not Sure. They Come With Multiple Weapons And Sqauds Of 6 Guys. Now That Would Work Very Well. Or The Target Packages That Had Death Star Trooper And Various Weapons Would Work Nice. But With More Troops. Thanks For Your Time If You Are Listening Hasbro.
As I Have Over 1000 Loose Army Builder Figures. And Always Looking For More.

jedi master sal
03-07-2005, 11:17 AM
As someone who has 482 Clone troopers alone, (plus a couple hundred Stormies, etc) I concur that Army builders need to be in heavy supply. While I'd rather get them in packs that make it a little more cost efficient to collect, I'd still get alot of these single carded.

I had the idea of having a 10 pack of clones with one of each color and 6 whites. ALL super articulated. With the EE sets they came close, but that danged pricepoint kept me from ordering more. (Even then, I still ordered two "super" cases of 3 of each set.)

I've always liked the bucket of army builders idea.

Anyway you slice it, army builders will sell.

I have a distinct notion that MANY collectors, not just army builders will be extremely disappointed by the lack of clones to collect for ROTS figures. Looking at the supposed case distribution from the first 4 cases along, there's either only 1 or 2 of each clone per box. Those are going to get snatched up first!

Whole cases of clones/battle droids/super battle droids would sell.

SK99 has the OT AB's plotted out well enough.

Here's an idea for ROTS AB's:
MAJOR AB's (One's we'd get MANY multiples of)
Battle Droid
Destroyer Droid
Super Battle Droid
Here are three from the seperatist AB side. These could be cased in many ways, but judging from how many appear in the movie (and keeping in mind some would buy these to help bolster their TPM and AOTC armies), here are TWo very distinct case assortments:
Case 1 CIS
8 Battle Droid
2 Destroyer Droid
2 Super Battle Droid

Case 2 CIS
6 Battle Droid
2 Destroyer Droid
4 Super Battle Droid

Here are the Republic AB's
AT-TE Tank Gunner
Clone Trooper
Clone Pilot
Turbo Tank Driver
(with these two following as short packs for army builders)
Clone Commander (Mission Specific)
Commander Baccarra

So here are some proposed Case Assortments for the Republic AB's, again keeping in mind the relative quantity of how many would be either seen in the movie or would generally make up a "real-life" army.
Case 1 Republic
2 AT-TE Tank Gunners
4 Clone Troopers
2 Clone Pilots
2 Turbo Tank Drivers
1 Clone Commander (Mission Specific)
1 Commander Baccarra

Case 2 Republic
3 AT-TE Tank Gunners
3 Clone Pilots
3 Turbo Tank Drivers
2 Clone Commanders (Mission Specific)
1 Commander Baccarra
(Notice no regular clonetroopers, but that's well made up for in case 3)

Case 3 Republic
10 Clone Troopers
1 Clone Commander (Mission Specific)
1 Commander Baccarra

Keeping the short packs makes sense, but keeping them in each case makes better sense as eventually everyone that wants them will get them.
(I've always had disdain for the practice of having a short pack that only shows up in one case and never makes an appearance again)

Now if the regular clones end up being mission specific paint deco's then either split then up evenly among the (rumored) 4 paint deco's or using case three as an example, having each paint deco come in it's own case. I can see having 1 of each paint deco in case one, so everyone gets a crack at one each, but that would also help sort out the Carded and 1/1(1 open 1 carded) collectors from the army builders. If we (army builders) knew there would be cases of (or near whole cases of) clones coming down the pike, we wouldn't drive ourselves so crazy searching and would buy LOTS of product. Only allowing for the AB's to come out at the beginning and not reassuring the collecting community of the future availability of AB's only serves to panic AB collectors. We end up buying each one we find and while that sells product it also shorts other collectors and we (AB collectors) are called "hoarders"-a term I'm not fond of but it's not my fault for the distribution and case assortment chosen by the manufacturer.

Now onto the minor AB's for ROTS...
Minor AB's (One's we'd get less than 6 of)
Grievous's Bodyguard
Neimoidian Warrior
Mustafar Sentry
Royal Guard (Senate Security)
Utapauan Warrior
Wookiee Warrior

Since this list of minors totals 6, then it's an even 2 of each.

No real need for any other case assortments. Grievous Bodyguards would continue to sell out as everyone wuld want a couple of those. Once people have seen how many wookiees there truly are in ROTS, they will conitue to sell. That leaves us with Neimodians, Mustafarian (ha ha, almost said Rastafarian...anyway), Utapauans, and Royal Guards. Most army builders are going to snag up extras of these, so virtually nothing of this case would peg warm. Not a guarantee, but considering the past years, this is an educated guess.

-Sal

stillakid
03-07-2005, 11:25 AM
I liked the idea of the unarticulated army men style that we got with the AOTC Clonetroopers. Not to take over the normal figs, but I guess theoretically, most people like SAL and Tycho who have an insane number of army builders (thereby keeping them out of the hands of the rest of us ;) ) only really need a few fully articulated to be in the "foreground." If the goal is to recreate big scenes like the Emperor's arrival or some sprawling battleground, the background players don't need the 50 points of articulation or the price tag and packaging that comes with it. Solid chunks o' plastic do just fine for the "extras" in these little plays.

No?

DarthBrandon
03-07-2005, 01:03 PM
I like all the suggestions made so far, I think that all Imperial army builders should come with good articulation (sorry stillakid not really interested in big hunks of plastic that hardly move) & that boatloads / buckets should be shipped in cases just for them. Most of us are not going to be army building with Mace, JarJar, Yoda etc. The ones at EE are nice but the price is not consumer friendly & neither is the amount of officers offered, they weren’t that much when sold at retail. I hope Hasbro reads this thread & jumps on the ideas mentioned. I would like to add that a Stormtrooper (VOTC or OTC) with removable helmet would be met with great anticipation, in fact the more with removable helmets the better. They (Army Builders) could be sold in cases or some kind of box set (already mentioned) that has a somewhat reasonable price range, if not just ship them out in buckets as stillakid mentioned either way they will sell like hotcakes. :D

P.S. On another note if you are looking to produce another Luke / Han in Stormtrooper disguise, just use the VOTC Stormtooper with some decent Luke (floppy hat,VOTC, or new sculpts) & Han (VOTC,Bespin Capture or new sculpt ) heads & your all set to go.

bigbarada
05-29-2005, 05:06 PM
Dear Hasbro, I would like to see the following figures re-released and/or updated. These are guaranteed sellers and would be a great way to follow up the ROTS line at the end of the year. I would also like to see these done in OTC style packaging.

Scout Trooper I would recommend re-releasing the POTJ/OTC/POTC Scout with dirty and clean variations 2 of each per case would be great. Again this is a proven figure guaranteed to sell out!

If Hasbro makes another Scout Trooper then I would really like to see a super-articulated version that can stand upright AND sit convincingly on the Speeder Bike (which should also be re-released only using the Deluxe AOTC mold). Just give him the same amount of articulation as the VOTC Stormtrooper and that should fit the bill just fine. They've re-released the POTJ version so many times I am really beginning to hate the figure.

JediTricks
05-29-2005, 07:55 PM
I like the idea there, we DO need a new Biker Scout, but I feel a super-articulated Biker Scout would need universal-jointed hips like those on the ROTS AT-TE Gunner so it can straddle the wide seat of the bike, knees that bend back past 90-degrees and ankles that bend forward beyond 90-degrees so it can really lean into the bike like they do in the film, ball-jointing or a uni-joint in the mid-torso that allows for side-to-side leaning as well as just front-to-back (SA Trooper figs can only do front-to-back because of their uni-jointed torsos), and the neck absolutely has to allow the figure to look up further than other SA Trooper figures.