PDA

View Full Version : Lightsabers with DVDs on clearance ALREADY!!!

El Chuxter
03-06-2005, 03:32 PM
Another day, another clearance sale at Target!

Yesterday I stopped in Target to kill some time and just happened to check the action figure aisle to see if anything ROTS-related had slipped out early. They had the Vader, Anakin, and Obi-Wan sabers with the free DVD pack-ins on clearance for $11.88!! :eek: These things have been out for a mere couple of weeks, and they're almost down to half price already!

I had picked one up at full price at Target two days earlier, and I'm thankful that I still have the receipt in my wallet.

The DVD is nothing extraordinary: two episodes of Clone Wars, a trailer for the OT DVDs (which I'd never seen), an AOTC featurette on the lightsaber, and two Hasbro OTC commercials make up the bulk of the content. However, a brief (and not very spoiling) feature on ROTS and Grievous' bodyguards make it worth picking up, especially at that price.

The dozens of Dooku and Mace Unleashed figures were down to $11 as well. Please pick these up. Pretty please. I think I speak for my fellow Unleashed collectors when I say that we really don't want those two clogging all the pegs when ROTS comes out.

Kidhuman
03-06-2005, 03:51 PM
Damn, on clearance and i have never seen them....go figure

Ji'dai
03-06-2005, 07:36 PM
Wow, Hasbro toy commercials. I didn't know those were on the DVDs. I'd like to see all the toy commercials from the early Kenner vintage line to the present put on DVD sometime.

Kidhuman
03-06-2005, 08:02 PM
I'd like to see all the toy commercials from the early Kenner vintage line to the present put on DVD sometime.

I would love those on DVD.

bobafrett
03-07-2005, 08:28 PM
Which department did you find those in El Chuxter? I'm usually just in the toy department, or the DVD area, did you locate them in any of those departments?

Slicker
03-08-2005, 02:46 AM
I found these on clearance at Target in Virginia Beach for $13.88. They're located in the toy aisle and they were on a shelf directly underneath the figures.:)

bobafrett
03-08-2005, 07:58 AM
I stopped by Target last night, found the clearance lightsabers, found the clearance Unleashed, but no DVD pack-ins. Oh well, today is another day.

mm74md
03-08-2005, 09:12 AM
My Target has only 2 Sly Moore figures and 1 Dooku Unleashed left on clearance. I'm getting excited for the ROTS stuff to finally show!!!

bobafrett
03-08-2005, 06:40 PM
I went to a second Target store today, and they only had empty pegs with the big clearance signs on them.

DTMAN
03-09-2005, 05:43 PM
Hello.
It seems most Targets have these clearanced in N. Calif. I believe in order to have space for all the ROTS merchandise.

However prices have varied. $10.56 for unleashed. 13.98 to 14.30 for OTC Lightsabers.

As to DVD, it was okay. The only really new were the DVD and OTC commercials.

Unfortunately, the Kmart versions have not been discounted.

Good Hunting!

DarthQuack
03-09-2005, 08:07 PM
I'll have to check out my Tarjay's near me....