PDA

View Full Version : Im confused

Joshkj
03-06-2005, 10:27 PM
Im new to collecting, and when they say collection 1 wave 3 that wave would be coming out on a date???? I dont get the whole wave/collectiong thing:confused:

Jedi_Master_Guyute
03-07-2005, 12:40 AM
Basically, here is how it works: The collection is basically what "collection" of figures a certain figure is in. Say, a certain collection has like 12 figures, they would come out "waves" of 3 or 4 at a time. As for street dates, usually they let them out at random times, like you could get collection 2, wave 1 and collection 1 wave 3 out at the same time.

At least, that's my perception, but i never really paid attention to it. :)

Kidhuman
03-07-2005, 09:23 AM
Thats basically it Guyute. Itds the packing breakdown so it can be looked up by collectors who order cases. Some figures are packed in various waves, some arent. Its just a way to keep track of inventory basically.

stillakid
03-07-2005, 11:32 AM
Im new to collecting, and when they say collection 1 wave 3 that wave would be coming out on a date???? I dont get the whole wave/collectiong thing:confused:

Stop now before it's too late! :eek:

Mr. JabbaJohnL
03-07-2005, 11:40 AM
For the Revenge of the Sith figures, Collection 1 figures have action features (such as slashing attack or Wookiee rage). Collection 2 don't, but they have (usually) enhanced articulation. Coll. 1 are usually the more major characters, though that's not always the case.

A wave is a grouping of figures, of between 1 and 12 but usually around 3 or 4. Waves are split between collections, so you'll never get a wave of some C1 and some C2 (though they can come out at the same time, like on April 2). Just think of waves like real waves of the ocean - they just keep coming, but some are different sizes than others.

bobafrett
03-07-2005, 08:39 PM
For the Revenge of the Sith figures, Collection 1 figures have action features (such as slashing attack or Wookiee rage). Collection 2 don't, but they have (usually) enhanced articulation. Coll. 1 are usually the more major characters, though that's not always the case.

A wave is a grouping of figures, of between 1 and 12 but usually around 3 or 4. Waves are split between collections, so you'll never get a wave of some C1 and some C2 (though they can come out at the same time, like on April 2). Just think of waves like real waves of the ocean - they just keep coming, but some are different sizes than others.

And like a Sunami wave, they can wipe out your wallet, your savings, and max out your credit cards. It's an expensive habit, especially if you aren't selective about which figures you want, or insist on having every variant that gets put out, let alone the gas used in pursuit of your collecting hobby. :nerv: