PDA

View Full Version : How / Is Grievous defeated?

Rebo's_Guitarist
03-08-2005, 09:02 AM
So does anyone know? Is he killed? Or is it like in ANH whe Han taked out Vaders Tie, and he is still out there somewhere? I think it was Obi Wan that goes to deal with him right? So what happens? So many questions maybe someone knows something.......

hango fett
03-08-2005, 09:53 AM
yep. he gets blown up from the looks of one of his figures that has "exploding" action.

here are a few theroies i have...
obi-wan fights him and obi-wan just cuts him in half...
i heard somewhere that obi-wan grabs a blaster towards the end of the fight and shots him and he blows up.

HF

Battle Droid
03-08-2005, 11:44 AM
Maybe he self-destructs himself, hopeing to take Obi-Wan with him.

But that'd be to much like Predator, so I dunno.

The 'Xir
03-08-2005, 01:31 PM
You gotta figure that Dooku(A Jedi) who builds a "Jedi Killer" in Greivous would install some sort of kill switch in case he got out of control! So maybe Obi-wan exploits this or accidently triggers it!
I doubt GG would blow himself up(ala probe droid) even if he felt compromised during the fight!

Slicker
03-08-2005, 04:23 PM
From what I've read Hango is correct. Gen. G is beating Ben and Ben gets a moment to grab the blaster off of Gen. G's belt and he shoots him. I'm not sure where he shoots him but I'd have to assume it's either in the his power source or in his head.

General_Grievous
03-08-2005, 06:35 PM
I read that Obi-Wan grabs GG's blaster and shoots him right in the abdomen, (where his power source might be) and his guts, body fluids and eyeballs fall out of the armor. Weird, huh?

InsaneJediGirl
03-24-2005, 04:37 PM
Kind of weird,it would seem a little easy.After all,Grevious has killed so many Jedi/Clones.You think one would have shot him in the stomach by now or grazed it with a lightsaber?

JEDIpartner
03-26-2005, 09:35 AM
Man! The grammar in this thread is atrocious! "Taked"? "Hopeing"? ;)

There was a picture of Obi-Wan firing a blaster in the latest INSIDER. Judging by the design, it is the one that belongs to Greivous.

The 'Xir
03-26-2005, 03:45 PM
I also think it's meant to be in the style of Boba Fetts demise! Not quite as clumsy as Han's bumbling, but just in that it loooks like Ben is defeated and through happenstance like using such a simple manuver to take out such a formidable foe!

Rebo's_Guitarist
03-26-2005, 10:48 PM
I also think it's meant to be in the style of Boba Fetts demise!

And Maul, and Jango..................why do the coolest characters have the "ghettoest" death scenes? The more of a bad arse you are the easier you are to defeat?

moulman
03-27-2005, 10:24 AM
If you havent seen chapter 25 of clone wars yet-you should prolly stop reading (but hey-this is the spoliers forum).

If you noticed in the last part of chapter 25, right as Greivous is boarding his ship, Mace uses the force to crush Greivous's chest. Mabye this comes into play with Obi shooting him? (the chest being a now weak area on Greivous)

General_Grievous
03-30-2005, 05:29 PM
I have Issue 2 of the ROTS comic book, and Grievous dies in this issue. Let me share how this happens with you guys:

Obi-Wan arrives on Utapau and is greeted by Tion Medon, who informs him that General Grievous is on the planet. Obi-Wan then goes to get transportation, in this case, a big bird-lizard creature named Boga. Boga climbs up to the level where Grievous is with Obi-Wan on her back. They find the droid general standing next to his Wheel Bike vehicle. He spots Obi-Wan, who jumps off Boga's back and ignites his lightsaber. Grievous whips out two lightsabers and ignites them. They battle for a bit, then Grievous' two extra arms pop out, igniting two more lightsabers. Obi-Wan slashes all four of Grievous' sabers in half. The general then picks up one of his bodyguard's force pikes and knocks Obi-Wan's lightsaber out of his hand with it. Grievous pulls out his blaster. Obi Wan then appears to tackle the droid, also using the force to knock the blaster out of Grievous' hand. Quickly, Obi-Wan pulls off Grievous' chestplate, exposing his internal organs. The droid throws the jedi to the ground. He approaches Obi-Wan, preparing to skewer him with the force pike, but Obi-Wan quickly calls the blaster to his hand and shoots the general in his exposed chest area. This kills the general instantly, his intestines spill out. We later see Obi-Wan riding away on Boga, with Grievous' dead smoking corpse in the foreground.

The comic leaves out some stuff, like Obi-Wan having a battle with droids and Grievous' Magna Guards before taking on the general, but this mainly just focuses on his battle with Grievous.

rbaumhauer
03-30-2005, 07:23 PM
I think this is a very legit question, regardless of how it actually happens. After watching Clone Wars (including season 2), it's clear that Grievous is another in the long line of HUGE mistakes Lucas has made with the PT. This character belongs in a "Predator"-style action-SF movie, not Star Wars.

First ol' George makes the Jedi into superheroes with lightsabers, then he creates a lame comic-book supervillain who wipes the floor with everybody until the story requires him to die.

I had to shake my head when I heard his idiotic name, but the character is ten times worse.....

Rick

Jargo
03-30-2005, 07:50 PM
Man! The grammar in this thread is atrocious! "Taked"? "Hopeing"?
Actually dear boy, that would be spelling mistakes. ;)

I was looking at my Starcraft Tassadar figure today and it dawned on me how alike it and Grievous are in certain aspects. One would assume that the designers of ROS might play console games and it is perhaps logical to assume that there was some inspiration drawn from said Tassadar character when imagining the body of the General. They share a similar physical posture, similar leg joints and strikingly similar feet. Even those simmering hooded eyes are vaguely similar in feel. Ok so the Tassadar is fleshed out with scaley skin and muscled to the hilt but even so one has to wonder.

Here's a pic of the figure. and don't just look at it and go "oh that's nothing like grievous" I said inspired by this not copied. Oh and ignore the really silly shoulder things. God knows what that's all about. the second pic is a screen cap i think from the game. And just look at the cloak. Looks even more General grievous like than the figure. Also bearing what appears to be a lightsaber-esque weapon? (I don't play the game just liked the figure) Not that I'm implying anything at all just musing to myself........