PDA

View Full Version : Expanded Universe !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DarkArtist
03-08-2005, 04:29 PM
Hey Hasbro,
Was thinking the other day, since you have the Star Wars line to what 2019, when are we going to see the EU line again ??????
:confused: :confused: :confused: I mean after all there is only so many versions of ROTS toys one can make and since almost every mentionable character has been made this would be a great time to start planning for the dry season and focus on the concept of our forgotten heroes in the universe. You could focus on the comics and games as well as the many novels that have been written over the years.

Some Ideas :

Crimsion Empire / Crimsion Empire II
Dark Empire / Dark Empire II / Empire's End
Dark Forces / Rebel Agent / Jedi Knight / Mysteries of the Sith / Jedi Outcast
Knights of the Old Republic I & II
Republic Commando
Tales of the Jedi
Heir to the Empire / Dark Force Rising / The Last Command
Clone Wars Novels
Rogue Squadron Series
Boba Fett : Enemy of the Empire
Boba Fett / Jodo Kast : Twin Engines of destruction

I mean these books games and comics scream for a toy line to be born. This would also be a great way to reissue and improve upon the old EU line and still give us the fans something to look forward to.

And yes before I get told that I am beating the EU horse to death, please finish making the figure still need to be made list. While in my mind I would like to see other characters from the universe I too would also like some if not all of the figures from that list as well. :) :) :)

El Chuxter
03-08-2005, 04:51 PM
The way I see it, the line could go as far as 3/4 EU after 2006.

Hasbro, kids would snatch these up if you include a mini-comic or filecard or something with a brief bio of who the characters are (if they're not based on existing characters, a la Snowbi-Wan Kenobi). Give them a basis, and they will play with them!

mastermatt24
03-08-2005, 07:22 PM
Awesome ideas- I would totally go for these.. But I highly doubt that we'll ever see them. :frus: :dead: After ROTS EU would be the only thing that would keep me buying. Hasbro really really needs to get smart. Maybe they could do a whole bunch of fan choice polls just for EU stuff.

RooJay
03-08-2005, 08:41 PM
I've been begging for an EU line for years - even to the point of having started a thread about it in this same forum some time back. It would make sense that this would be the perfect and most sensible way for Hasbro to carry on the Star Wars line after the films. I doubt that it'll ever happen, though. In my experience it seems that at least a good 40% of Star Wars "fans" are dead set against anything EU, and many of them even seem aggressively averse to the very notion. I'm actually surprised that none of them seem to have piped in here as yet. Without the support of Star Wars fans in general, I fear we may never see anything beyond a small line of EU figures by the time all is said and done. :(

Dark Annie
04-05-2005, 04:35 PM
Expanded Universe !!! Yes ! Hasbro, you definately need to do some figures based on the New Jedi Order Book series. The movie characters are cool and all, but you need to expand your horizons. If the Star Wars TV series would happen to go through, and it happened to be post Return of the Jedi,(preferably new jedi order,) then you would be crazy not to make these toys. But even without the TV series, if you want to keep collectors excited you need to do EU!!! It bugs the heck out of me that all I have to play with is my freakin Obi Wan kenobis and luke skywalkers, i want some of the book stuff too!!! Some of my ideas for characters that should be produced: Jacen, Jaina, and Anakin Solo; Corran Horn; Kyp Durron; Tahiri Veila; Tenel Ka; another Mara Jade; Vergere; Ganner Rhysode; Tionne and Kam Solusar; Lowbacca; a bunch of the Yuuzan Vong; and Ilkrit would be awesome. Thats just a few of my ideas. Get Moving on the EU toys Hasbro !!!

mastermatt24
04-05-2005, 05:46 PM
Some of my ideas for characters that should be produced
Whatta mean SOME? I think ALL.

Hasbro just isnt thinking (yet). If they hope to keep this line alive until 2018 (oh god..) they are going to have to go into EU. :D It just might take a couple years.. :bored: :frus:

trandoshan666
04-05-2005, 07:56 PM
I've always wanted figures from the Tales of the Jedi comics.

rust
04-05-2005, 10:20 PM
Yes! YEs! YES!

Hasbro has already started some EU in the 5-Packs, though only from Clone Wars. That is a start.

Possibly;

STAR WARS
Power of the Sith

There would be movie characters. And there would be EU characters.
But to sell them this is how it would work;
Each wave of figures is based on a comic or book. So each figure would come with a part of the comic book he started in. For Example, If this was SW Jedi Knight The First Wave could include;

Kyle Katarn w/ Part of his 2nd Graphic Novel
Jan Ors w/ the Second Part
So On and so forth.

Each character would come with a Fact File, like POTJ too.