PDA

View Full Version : Tarantino in negotiations to direct next Friday the 13th movie

Hellboy
03-08-2005, 06:31 PM
Yeah you read the title correctly, as strange as it may sound this does indeed seem to be true. Seeing as how I'm a huge Tarantino and horror fan I found this news pretty interesting but I'm not going to get to excited because it seems QT likes to throw ideas around more than he actually likes doing them. This might not be the case here since he has actually entered the negotiations process but I'm sure most fans are familiar with many of his other proposed projects that never came to light like his Vega Bros. movie or his epic war picture he's supposedly been writing for years. Time will tell I suppose.

IGN FilmForce reports the following:

IGN FilmForce has learned that none other than Oscar-winner Quentin Tarantino is in final negotiations to write and direct the Ultimate Jason Voorhees movie, an all new Friday the 13th for New Line.

While the rumor mill had long suggested that the next movie might be Freddy vs. Jason vs. Ash, that project never came together for a number of reasons.

Fans will instead be treated to the Ultimate Jason Voorhees movie. The project will be a co-venture between New Line and Paramount Pictures. It is expected to be a "quickie" that could get underway as early as this year!

Tarantino's production company, A Band Apart, referred us to the William Morris Agency. A rep at WMA would only advise us that Tarantino has "not yet" been offered the job while refusing to elaborate any further.

If there's any (ultra-violent) filmaker who could make Jason cool and scary again, it'd be the man who resurrected Travolta. I just wonder if the movie will be retitled Kill Jason?

http://filmforce.ign.com/articles/594/594028p1.html

James Boba Fettfield
03-08-2005, 06:44 PM
Dear Quentin,

Do not do it. There are better movies to direct that do not involve a film line that should have been put to bed many sequels ago.

Hellboy
03-08-2005, 06:54 PM
I see what you're saying but it would be pretty cool to see what a director of his caliber could do with this franchise, especially if it is in fact a "quickie" and doesn't keep him from pursuing other projects. With as long as he takes off between films I just find it exciting that we might see something from him so soon after completing Kill Bill.

2-1B
03-09-2005, 01:05 PM
Don't expect Kane Hodder to be involved. I saw him at a con last weekend and I think he's still bitter about being left out of FvJ and so far he has not heard from NL about coming back to the character. :D

Nice guy, though. :)

I like Quentin's films and I like F13 films but I don't think they would go well together. So I'm hoping this does not come to fruition.

scruffziller
03-09-2005, 03:27 PM
Don't expect Kane Hodder to be involved. I saw him at a con last weekend and I think he's still bitter about being left out of FvJ and so far he has not heard from NL about coming back to the character. :D

I thought the guy in FvJ was the best Jason ever!!!!

Slicker
03-09-2005, 05:45 PM
As if the Friday the 13th movies aren't bloody enough they have to throw Quentin in the mix.

2-1B
03-12-2005, 05:04 AM
If Quentin had directed Friday 7, I bet it would not have gotten cut the way John Carl Buechler's film did. ;)

Slicker
03-17-2005, 08:35 AM
Apparently Senor Tarintino is now out. At least according to Yahoo news (http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=794&ncid=799&e=9&u=/eo/20050316/en_movies_eo/16133_1111019002).;)

Rocketboy
03-17-2005, 02:32 PM
I read that the other day.
God bless the internet: home of rumors with zero basis in fact.

2-1B
02-15-2009, 08:40 PM
Maybe they should have had Tarantino do it instead of the guy who did the TCM remake...cuz there were a few scenes in the F13 remake where I thought maybe the director was confusing Jason with Leatherface.

Fun flick overall, thought. :)