PDA

View Full Version : Figures give away how Obi-Wan gets ANH lightsaber - mild spoiler

Tycho
03-09-2005, 02:05 PM
Spoiler........................................... .........

Obi-Wan # 1 comes with the same saber style he's built since TPM / AOTC.

Either he got his saber back

1) after Maul kicked it in the smelt
2) again after the Geonosian Destroyer Droids relieved him of it before the arena battle
3) Or he keeps building it to his own personal favorite specs

Well, Obi-Wan will lose it likely on the Trade Federation Cruiser (vs. Grievous & Dooku) or on Utopau (vs. Grievous or traitorous Clones) and he'll have to build one on the run, or after the Temple's been ransacked - with little of his favorite materials left over for him. Hence the less-sophistocated look of his E4 Lightsaber Alec Guiness is famous for carrying.

Figure # 1 comes with the unlit hilt for that saber (E4)
Figure # 27 comes with that lit saber and no TPM model lightsaber.

You must buy both figures to get the correct lightsabers.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
03-09-2005, 02:17 PM
No, these figures don't give it away. Otherwise, you'd know exactly how he got it, not . . .

Well, Obi-Wan will lose it likely on the Trade Federation Cruiser (vs. Grievous & Dooku) or on Utopau (vs. Grievous or traitorous Clones) and he'll have to build one on the run, or after the Temple's been ransacked - with little of his favorite materials left over for him.
I don't know for sure, but it looks like Obi-Wan might take it from Grievous after he kills him. Look at the picture of Grievous and his bodyguards in Insider #80 or starwars.com, he has the same model with him.

I could be wrong, though.

Slicker
03-09-2005, 06:52 PM
He could take it as a trophy from Grievous.

DarkArtist
03-09-2005, 08:22 PM
Also if you look at the picture of Grievous in Insider 80 he also has a version of Anakin's as well. This could very well be the way they both get them. Either way if you don't want both figures use the lightsaber hilt from the POTJ Obi Wan Kenobi.

ronhudy
03-10-2005, 01:09 PM
It might just be that Episode IV was made in 1977, and Obi-Wan's lightsaber was made by Special FX people without much great thought given to the details in the design, whereas for Episode I, Ewan McGregor got to choose the design he wanted for his character's lightsaber from several designs. I might be going out on a limb here, but maybe there was no correlation between Ewan MacGregor and whoever designed the lightsaber for Episode IV. Just a thought...

Why does there have to be ANY explanation in the storyline for the design in I-III vs. IV? I mean, what...like 20 years pass between III and IV right? A lot can happen in twenty years. For instance, I no longer wear the same style of tennis shoes as I did when I was 10 years old...

2-1B
03-10-2005, 01:29 PM
You don't, Ron ? :confused:

Damn, that means I'm the only person who still wears shoes with twin velcro straps. :D

:crazed: