PDA

View Full Version : Slave 1, Shaak Ti, Jango and More Pictures!

GNT
01-04-2002, 08:37 PM
Go here (http://www.photo.net/photodb/folder.tcl?folder_id=173871) to check them all out!!!!!

thoughts?

StarWarsToys
01-04-2002, 08:38 PM
http://www.photo.net/photodb/folder.tcl?folder_id=173871

Hurry now!

GNT
01-04-2002, 08:48 PM
Pictures include:

Anakin Skywalker
Kit Fisto
Jango Fett
Obi Wan Kenobi
Plo Koon
Boba Fett
Padme
Yellow R2
Shaak Ti
Zam Wesell
Slave 1
Jedi Fighter
Tusken Mother and child
Captain Typho

All new pictures!!!!!

CrossWizard
01-04-2002, 08:52 PM
The sculpting looks good, but those poses are dissapointing. Thanks for posting these BTW.

GNT
01-04-2002, 08:55 PM
Originally posted by CrossWizard
The sculpting looks good, but those poses are dissapointing. Thanks for posting these BTW.

Dont thank me thank the "Gooney Bird" for posting them! I'm not impressed by them at all now :( Although Plo Koon does seem better than his EP1 counterpart :)

CrossWizard
01-04-2002, 08:57 PM
Damn, I just zoomed in to get a better look at the Anakin figure and he looks like crap, the old school retractable saber is a nice touch for fans of the old vintage line but the figure as a whole is terrible.

chewie
01-04-2002, 09:02 PM
Wow cool... A real big photo of Fisto & it looks sorta like Kloon has a "force lightning" attachment.

These action poses persist... Don't like that. And Padme's arm is really messed up.

GNT
01-04-2002, 09:03 PM
Originally posted by CrossWizard
Damn, I just zoomed in to get a better look at the Anakin figure and he looks like crap, the old school retractable saber is a nice touch for fans of the old vintage line but the figure as a whole is terrible.

I didn't notice that,All I can say is that this line of figures are going to be the worst (vintage was way better than these!)Boba doesnt wait to steal his fathers jetpack does he?

GNT
01-04-2002, 09:08 PM
Captain Typho is the worst looking figure of the bunch!Yuck!

chewie
01-04-2002, 09:10 PM
Yup. Yet another boring Naboo guard, but now with an even uglier space helmet.

CrossWizard
01-04-2002, 09:11 PM
Yeah, he looks like one of those old M.A.S.K figures from Kenner.

mosnab
01-04-2002, 09:13 PM
Hey guys....for some reason I can't get that link to work...can anyone help me out?

mosnab

GNT
01-04-2002, 09:19 PM
Originally posted by mosnab
Hey guys....for some reason I can't get that link to work...can anyone help me out?

mosnab

Try

see if that helps?If it doesnt I'll send them to you!

Well Kenner was a part of Hasbro so thatsort of explains why he has a MASK!

Jargo
01-04-2002, 09:19 PM
Actually GNT, StarWarsToys scooped you by fourty minutes. If you ever bothered to look at other threads instead of just posting new ones.......:happy:

Any one of these could end up just being a prototype that isn't used. Unlikely but worth remembering that the episode one line is littered with this type of protype. Take Qui-Gon vs Battle droid or Jar Jar vs Destroyer for example. Holo Amidala.......

I don't think it's wise to get excited about unfinished toys. Sure some of them are the finished thing. but all of them.....?

Having said that, Zam looks really nice. Aboutthe best of the bunch. I liked the accessory with Anakin. I liked Typho too.
Interesting specimens, very interesting specimens..... ;)

Rodian Sniper
01-04-2002, 09:20 PM
HOLY "BEEP"!!! What is with those horrible poses? ATTENTION HASBRO...scrap the AOTC figures and rescuplt A.S.A.P.!!! Seriously...this is not a joke. They look like they are constipated or something.:crazed: :mad: :crazed: :mad: :crazed:

GNT
01-04-2002, 09:25 PM
Originally posted by EMPEROR JARGO
Actually GNT, StarWarsToys scooped you by fourty minutes. If you ever bothered to look at other threads instead of just posting new ones.......:happy:

Thats where your wrong EJ

Mine was posted at 1.05.2002 at 12.37pm

his was posted at 1.05.2002 at 12.38pm

Mine one was first by one minute so in a way I scooped him plus the last for numbers in my thread are "2695" while his is "2696",Mine came first!

CrossWizard
01-04-2002, 09:26 PM
Im also pretty sure Anakin might be a deluxe fugure since they gave him 2 action features, he has the retactable saber and what looks like the blaster stealing force pull Jedi trick Luke used on Jabba's Palace, look at how odd hes holding the blaster and it seems to have some sort of attachment on it, maybe its just me.

mosnab
01-04-2002, 09:26 PM
Originally posted by GNT

Try

see if that helps?If it doesnt I'll send them to you!

Well Kenner was a part of Hasbro so thatsort of explains why he has a MASK!

Thanks so much for trying to help GNT, but for some reason I just can't get that link to work, I don't know what's goin on....if you have time to send them sometime, I'd much appreciate it. If not, thanks for trying to help me :).

mosnab

GNT
01-04-2002, 09:37 PM
mosnab I'll post a few of them so that you can see them :)

mosnab
01-04-2002, 09:41 PM
GNT....Thanks so much, you da man, much appreciated :).

GNT
01-04-2002, 09:42 PM
Boba Fett,man is he going to ruin our collections now :(

chewie
01-04-2002, 09:44 PM
I've been wonderin' whats up with Boba's 15th century cabin boy hair style? :)

GNT
01-04-2002, 09:46 PM
Still in prototype form but still interesting to look at!

Unit-01
01-04-2002, 09:49 PM
Zam & Plo look the best. Which are the Collectors ones and the Basic? Anakin and Obi look to be Basic.

GNT
01-04-2002, 09:50 PM
Does it matter to you that it has a picture of the character from the movie cause I could lod twice as many in one go?

mosnab
01-04-2002, 09:52 PM
GNT, I can't speak for everyone.......but as long as I get to see the figures I'm happy....thanks so much for posting these, can't wait to see the rest!

mosnab

GNT
01-04-2002, 09:54 PM
I think everyone would agree with me that Captain Typho is the worst figure of the lot? Bad looking head and a really stupid helmet!aaarrrhh!

hhhmmm now we know where good ole rics legs went :p

GNT
01-04-2002, 10:00 PM
Zam looks a little long but sure does have the longest rifle I've seen to date :eek: and the full picture of Shaak Ti for your pleasure,not that bad!

GNT
01-04-2002, 10:05 PM
Better shots of what we've seen,this time we get to see the Childs feet which is really cool!

GNT
01-04-2002, 10:11 PM
really cool ships,the Jedi fighter seems like a swiss army knife to me with all the things to do (check out the carded pictures of it in another thread) and the slave one

GNT
01-04-2002, 10:17 PM
Jango and Obi Wan look cool,The carded obi Wan looked 100x better than this loose one :( and Jangodoesnt look all that bad now :)

Thats all of the images

mosnab
01-04-2002, 10:21 PM
GNT - Thanks once again for the help with the images, I really appreciate it. God bless.

mosnab

GNT
01-04-2002, 10:32 PM
No problem mosnab,I'm happy to help cause I know that feeling of missing out on looking at a new product :)

bigbarada
01-04-2002, 11:15 PM
Well, if these figures are what we actually see on the pegs then my days of collecting Star Wars figures will be over. Absolute crap!:mad: :frus: :mad: :frus: :mad: :frus: :mad: :frus: :mad: :frus: :mad: :frus: :mad: :frus: :mad: :frus: :mad: :frus:

GNT
01-04-2002, 11:19 PM
Originally posted by bigbarada
Well, if these figures are what we actually see on the pegs then my days of collecting Star Wars figures will be over. Absolute crap!:mad: :frus: :mad: :frus: :mad: :frus: :mad: :frus: :mad: :frus: :mad: :frus: :mad: :frus: :mad: :frus: :mad: :frus:

Your not the only one bigbarada,LOTS of other people arent going to be buying them :(

chewie
01-04-2002, 11:21 PM
I refuse to pay the $7 they cost now. These certainly aren't winning me over either.

sith_killer_99
01-04-2002, 11:27 PM
The web address is:

stillakid
01-04-2002, 11:27 PM
It's all becoming real now. Lil' Fett? With the rocket backpack? Slave I? Just like in ESB? What the F? Lucas is taking ALL the subtlety out of the original trilogy and rehashing and destroying the bounty hunter mystique. I was all up in arms about Fett being shown as a lil' kid, but Slave I? Gimme a break. If these toys are any indication of what we'll see in the theater, then Ep II stands to be worse than Ep I, if that's possible. Damn.

browndroid
01-04-2002, 11:31 PM
hey! pretty cool!

bigbarada
01-04-2002, 11:32 PM
Seen it. Hated it.

chewie
01-04-2002, 11:35 PM
I like Kloon and the Starfighter. Althought the starfighter is a bit small to be called a "starfighter". I also don't mind finally getting a new mold of the Slave-1.

GNT
01-04-2002, 11:36 PM
Ive already started a thread about this please check it out:

http://www.sirstevesguide.com/vbportal/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2696

GNT
01-04-2002, 11:45 PM
Originally posted by stillakid
It's all becoming real now. Lil' Fett? With the rocket backpack? Slave I? Just like in ESB? What the F? Lucas is taking ALL the subtlety out of the original trilogy and rehashing and destroying the bounty hunter mystique. I was all up in arms about Fett being shown as a lil' kid, but Slave I? Gimme a break. If these toys are any indication of what we'll see in the theater, then Ep II stands to be worse than Ep I, if that's possible. Damn.

I think the film will be better than EP1 but the EP1 toys are heaps better than the AOTC toys :(

evenflow
01-05-2002, 08:52 AM
As usual, human figures just look bad. I didn't notice the telescoping saber until i read it here. Vintage was much better. I like Shaak-Ti, Kit Fisto, and Zam looks the best. :)

jedibear
01-05-2002, 04:08 PM
....so until we see the finished product, I'm staying mum.

However, having said that (he he), they don't look so bad to me...especially the jedi figures (Kit, Shaak, Koon).

I also like the jedi starfighter (although it looks a little like that horrid cruise missle toy from the POTF2 collection).

It's looking like one of the accessories is going to be blaster fire or lit sabre attachments...

Interesting that there's no Mace or Yoda 0r Dooku in this assortment (if this is an assortment)...

Now which "level" of figure releases is this suppoed to be? SirSteve?

Wolfwood319
01-05-2002, 04:39 PM
I know these aren't the finished products, but if the finished product is remotely close to these, I think I'll pass on the whole bunch.

Crappy action poses galore! And stupid action-move gimmicks don't cut it either. Hasbro knows what we want, and then they give us this crap!

My days as a collector and a fan are numbered I believe...

GNT
01-05-2002, 07:29 PM
Does Zam look alittle tall to anyone? To me she looks very tall,probably taller than Chewie? :eek:

Lord Tenebrous
01-05-2002, 10:27 PM
Maybe Sir Steve or one of the higher-ups can comment on this...

There is a similarity between the accessory with Kit and Shaak, and the accessory that was to come with the cancelled Qui-Gon/Battle Droid 2-pack

http://pegwarmer.com/cancelled/QGBD.html

Is this how the collector's line is going to set up? Are those red blaster shots (I guess) supposed to be used like the above in posing?

GNT
01-06-2002, 08:10 PM
Originally posted by Lord Tenebrous
Is this how the collector's line is going to set up? Are those red blaster shots (I guess) supposed to be used like the above in posing?

it looks that way :mad:

Omega Fett
01-06-2002, 09:13 PM
well i love the jango fett and the slave 1 and the jedi fighter.....thats it....the little boba...ill get him cause hes boba....thats about it,i guess he uses that jet pack in the movie huh? and i guess he does alot more in the movie then i thought

Omega Fett
01-06-2002, 09:15 PM
wuts so new and speical about the new slave 1 again?

Omega Fett
01-06-2002, 09:22 PM
OMFG NM!! i just saw the pics a tropic or two back!! it rules!!

GNT
01-06-2002, 09:34 PM
Its ahuge improvement over the last few versions,plus you can have 3 figures in the cockpit :) Cant get any better than that!

Omega Fett
01-06-2002, 10:46 PM
@__@ DROOLS i cant wait....sighs but i can only get Jango,Boba and Slave 1 cause my budget is tight

DarthEminous
01-06-2002, 10:50 PM
Can someone please either post or email me the pics of the new figures and vehicles? All the links I can find are now gone. The only thing I have seen is Jango's Slave I and it ROCKS!!! I would really appreciate any and all help here.

Thanks

YellowRoush00@aol.com

GNT
01-13-2002, 11:18 PM
Originally posted by Omega Fett
@__@ DROOLS i cant wait....sighs but i can only get Jango,Boba and Slave 1 cause my budget is tight

Those three added together its probably going to cost you around US$50 mark,its not that expensive at all

Paul-Kenobi
01-14-2002, 02:16 AM
Hi i'm new here so i think this is where ill post first. :) First off i am a great fan of star wars, and the toy's none the less ;) i really love the EPI toys i think there the best of the best of the best.

As for the Attack of th Clone's toy's i think some really suck, like Obi-wan and Anakin, but none the less i'm buying them all, good or bad, i mean there only photo's we havent seen the 100% finished toys yet in the box at the store's sometimes photo's can show something really bad, nether way they got my buy and that jedi star fighter that's number 1 on my list :) as for the force thing i would like to see how good they are even though there magnets i'm use to figs holding stuff by bear plastic hands but then again the hands losen up and they dont have that frim grip to the lightsaber, or blaster after some time. So there prob gona suck but they still got my buy.

And form what i think, hasbro wants to try out new thing's on toys, see how they live up see if the people will like them.

But hey what about the Amidala fig ;) i think she is hot LOL

JEDIpartner
01-14-2002, 08:34 AM
Ok, I've seen so many pictures of what these figures are supposed to look like. The pics of Padme, Anakin and Obi-Wan that were posted on the official site look nothing like the figures posted here. The hair colours are different and the detailing is also different. The overall sculpts seem to be the same, but they lack the detail I've noticed in the other pics. I still think they are kinda lame either way, but these are worse! I hate those plastic cape thingys. Those BLOW!

My big gripe is... WHAT THE FARK ARE THOSE RED OR GREEN SPIKED LOLLIPOP THINGS THEY HAVE WITH SO MANY OF THE FIGURES????? CAPT. TYPHO HAS ONE. PADME HAS TWO OF THEM AND THEY MAKE NO SENSE TO ME... WAUUUUUGHHHHHHH! :mad:

Paul-Kenobi
01-14-2002, 02:03 PM
If i'm corect form what i've seen, i think there saposs to be little platic blaster bolts, they look that way.

GNT
01-14-2002, 07:49 PM
Welcome to the site Paul-Kenobi you are right those are laser bolts (pretty cool,I'v waited years for themto start doing it so thats nice) but the figures in Collection 2 aren't that bad as proto versions but some work still needs to be done i SAY

187-Maul
01-15-2002, 08:42 AM
now that they're making laser bolts why can't they make a new deluxe destroyer droid with blaster bolts and a laser-deflector which you could remove - that would be soooooo cool

GNT
01-16-2002, 08:06 PM
Originally posted by 187-Maul
now that they're making laser bolts why can't they make a new deluxe destroyer droid with blaster bolts and a laser-deflector which you could remove - that would be soooooo cool

I've been wanting that since 99,Now that they have started it they have no excuse now not to do it :) All in good time :)

Beast
01-16-2002, 08:53 PM
Originally posted by 187-Maul

Originally posted by GNT
I've been wanting that since 99,Now that they have started it they have no excuse now not to do it :) All in good time :)

Well, some good news if it turns out to be true. According to the list that circulated recently, there is a deluxe destroyer droid in the E2 figure line, so you may get what you both have been wanting for after all. After all, if they are doing the blaster bolts and laser deflection in the regular line, I can't see them not do it in the deluxe line as well. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

GNT
01-16-2002, 09:21 PM
Originally posted by JarJarBinks
Well, some good news if it turns out to be true. According to the list that circulated recently, there is a deluxe destroyer droid in the E2 figure line, so you may get what you both have been wanting for after all. After all, if they are doing the blaster bolts and laser deflection in the regular line, I can't see them not do it in the deluxe line as well. :)

Hopefully that rumor is true :)