PDA

View Full Version : Chewbacca

vader121
03-10-2005, 08:45 AM
In watching ANH for the zillionth time I noticed something I never did before. Chewbacca doesn't fight. He runs all around the Death Star but doesn't shoot one Stormtrooper, etc. Chewie doesn't even fire the gun except when shooting sensors, etc in the detention area.

As I thought further when did he shoot any troopers, etc in the trilogy? Maybe one or two in ESB in Bespin (can't remember)? I know Leia shoots at least one. He doesn't fire at the Probot.

ROTJ is when he does seemingly kill some troopers in the ATST but he doesn't kill anybody on the skiff. I think he also kills a Biker Scout fleeing too. ROTJ is his most aggressive film.

Leia is more of a bad ***** than Chewie is the way I see it.

For all you Chewbacca/Wookie fans don't take offense please. Just an observation but I think very valid.

stillakid
03-10-2005, 09:20 AM
Hmm, interesting. Maybe "Chewbacca UnLeashed" should have had him lounging in a hammock instead. :D

Jek Porky 2002
03-10-2005, 09:26 AM
Very good point, never really noticed it before!

But Wookies are know for being bad tempered so I think he's more physically aggresive, eg: Throttling Lando, barking at Luke when he tries to cuff his hands, pulling AT-ST drivers from their tanks, yelling when losing at chess etc, etc.

It may be a symbolic thing!

Good point though!

Turambar
03-10-2005, 09:50 AM
In ESB, he takes out a few stormies that are coming to take Han to the deep freezer, chokes Lando, shoots Slave I, and drops a few more stormies along with Leia and Lando in the gun fight at the end.
In ROTJ, he actually got shot by one of the sailbarge's deck guns on the skiff, so I guess that's a reasonable excuse. He makes a great long distance shot to take out a speeder, tosses some stormies around, and throws the ATST driver off, then takes out tons of troopers and ATSTs from the driver seat.
I always thought he was a wimp in SW for not wanting to get his costume wet in the trash compactor, so he just cowered by the door while Han and Luke fought with the sewer monster.

Kidhuman
03-10-2005, 11:22 AM
I always thought he was a wimp in SW for not wanting to get his costume wet in the trash compactor, so he just cowered by the door while Han and Luke fought with the sewer monster.

If I had long hair, I wouldnt wantit soaked in raw sewage either....

scruffziller
03-10-2005, 02:14 PM
Yea ROTJ is his big moment. One of my favorite parts is when lifts a stormie up like a baby and throws him into another one.:D
Also equally humorous is when he blasts the other AT-ST!!

2-1B
03-11-2005, 03:47 AM
All bark and no bite.

bobafrett
03-13-2005, 12:19 AM
Yea ROTJ is his big moment. One of my favorite parts is when lifts a stormie up like a baby and throws him into another one.:D
Also equally humorous is when he blasts the other AT-ST!!

Be nice and hug your local Stormtrooper, we were just following orders! :eek:

Hmm, interesting. Maybe "Chewbacca UnLeashed" should have had him lounging in a hammock instead.

LMAO!!!!!! lol lol lol lol :D

chewie
03-14-2005, 05:14 AM
Perhaps the only time Chewbacca shot anybody in ANH was at the end of the trench run in the Falcon blowing up that TIE. Han was shown piloting. Somebody had to get into a gunner's station and shoot the TIE. It doesn't show it, but I have always assumed it was Chewie. Of course just a scant few seconds later Chewbacca is seen riding in the cockpit with Han, so maybe he didn't. I still think he did though and have always felt Chewie was left out of getting a medal at the end unfairly. Though Wedge and the surviving Y-Wing pilot didn't get one either.

vader121
03-14-2005, 10:37 AM
I always thought that the Falcon had guns to shoot other than the gunner stations. Therefore Han or Chewie shot the Tie Fighter from the cockpit. The Falcon did destroy at least one Tie Fighter in ROTJ by firing straight during the space battle.

Also, Han did say in ANH that 'he's almost in range' when they were chasing the Tie Fighter which led to thier capture. I don't think he was going to get it in range and then go and jump into a gunner station.

They probably used the gunner stations in ANH during the Death Star Escape because they were being defensize rather than offensive and the the gunner stations were positioned to shoot in a wider range.