PDA

View Full Version : Sneak Preview wave drying up?

Old Fossil
03-10-2005, 09:56 AM
A couple of Wal-Marts in my area have sold out of their Sneak Preview assortment within the last week or so. While my TRU and another WM still have some left, it's interesting to see this wave sold out already. I remember with the Sneak Preview wave for AOTC, stock was still on the pegs at WM months after the film's release (in the case of my TRU, they still have several Zam Wessels).

Did these figures ship in fewer quantities than their predecessors, I wonder? Or is it the fact that they are simply better figures?

Dark Marble
03-10-2005, 10:08 AM
This is very interesting to see. All the Targets have already put these on clearance, yet just over the last week Toys R Us and the Walmart next to it here stocked these in abundance. I think we will either see gangs of these everywhere after April 2nd or we will see certain stores "cough" Toys R Us, "COUGH" clog their pegs with them while no one else has them.

I kind of hope they just go away, they should be a teaser and limited to some extent. A quick glimpse before the big curtain is pulled back.

Kidhuman
03-10-2005, 10:18 AM
The stores by me have basically sold out of the wave. A few stragglers, Wookies are left. Grievous and Tion went fast.

sith_killer_99
03-10-2005, 11:25 AM
Hmmm, my local Wal-Mart just re-stocked the Preview wave. But then, they have had Unleashed Luke X-Wing, Count Dooku and Mace hanging around for months now. :(

mm74md
03-10-2005, 12:20 PM
we will see certain stores "cough" Toys R Us, "COUGH" clog their pegs with them while no one else has them.

KB as well :dis:

Battle Droid
03-10-2005, 12:49 PM
I still haven't found R3-G9.

kool-aid killer
03-10-2005, 01:41 PM
At the Walmart i most often visit the wave has gone pretty quickly, with the exception of the Wookie Warrior being a bit of a straggler. Maybe Hasbro and retailers are trying to prevent these from clogging pegs like the AOTC sneak preview figs did. But assuming they are shipping in lesser quantities, whats going to go in their place until newer figures pop up?

dindae
03-10-2005, 02:01 PM
I'm wading through these figures just to get through the aisles. I have yet to see a difference from AOTC. This is the bad part about being in a market with low collector intrest.

JEDIpartner
03-10-2005, 02:15 PM
Most of them are gone other than the Wookiee Warrior in my area. I don't think there is going to be a reorder on these so get your figures while you can!!!

Hellboy
03-10-2005, 07:53 PM
I still haven't found R3-G9.

Isn't it strange that R3-G9 seemed to be the most popular of the 4? The Wookie is the most common around here and I would've expected him to sell the best since hes an army builder.

There is still a sparce amount of the Preview figures around here but in most places they've dried up. One of my Targets even went as far as replacing the bare pegs in the SW section with a couple of shelves containing Sponge Bob chairs. :stupid:

Slicker
03-10-2005, 07:54 PM
Much like KH in my area we're sitting on the Wookiee Warrior and not much else.

Battle Droid
03-11-2005, 07:46 AM
Same here.

Darth Grifter
03-11-2005, 12:45 PM
both targets that i check have cleared the pegs on these figures, but my local tru is sitting on a load of all the assortment...they must have twenty pegs full of all of them...seems the scalpers have run away from this line in my area...

of course right next to the full pegs are about fifteen xwing luke unleashed, sheesh...;)

dindae
03-11-2005, 01:43 PM
My local target apparently has put these on clearance now and are moving them.

sluray
03-14-2005, 04:54 PM
They are plentiful around here. Target has them clearanced.

General_Grievous
03-14-2005, 06:05 PM
Same here as everywhere else....nothing but Wookiees and a lone Tion or R4-G9 from time to time. I've only seen Grievous at retail once, and there were only about three of him among 15 pegs of figures.

Kidhuman
03-15-2005, 12:20 AM
One of the WM's just put out about 6 cases of this wave...grrrrrrrrr gassed my head when I saw full pegs from the end of the aisle

Clonetrooper1131
03-16-2005, 12:19 AM
Target was the only place I didn't find the Preview Figures. The Walmart(s), and TRU here are pretty stocked with them.