PDA

View Full Version : Did they ever make?........

InsaneJediGirl
03-10-2005, 03:29 PM
Star Wars cookie cutters?Looked on eBay for awhile and I havent seen any but doesnt mean they arent out there,waiting for me :D I would assume they would have been 'back in the day'...or not at all.

Ji'dai
03-10-2005, 04:07 PM
Hmm... I don't know if cookie cutters were made but it wouldn't surprise me. I do know that Wilton, the cooking-hardware company that still makes cake pans and decorating supplies, did make Star Wars aluminum cake pans in the 1980s. Wilton still produces cake pans for popular characters such as Spongebob Squarepants and Scooby-Doo.

Wilton made four different cake pans shape of Darth Vader, Boba Fett, and C-3PO's heads, plus a full-body R2-D2. Wilton pans can be used over and over and stand up to most abuse. You can still get them on eBay relatively cheaply. There were also cheaper cake pans (similar to frozen pie pans) too but they weren't as durable. I'm not sure if those were made by Wilton or not.

Kidhuman
03-10-2005, 04:10 PM
I am pretty sure they had them awhile back, but dont hold me to it.

Slicker
03-10-2005, 07:23 PM
I know for a fact that they made little Play-Doh shapes and cutters so if push comes to shove you could always use them. The Jabba one we had would make about a 10 pound cookie though.;)

Ji'dai
03-10-2005, 09:11 PM
Oh yeah, the Play-Doh molds would work I suppose. Forgot all about those. I have the Jabba one that still has some ancient cans of Play-Doh in the box.

InsaneJediGirl
03-11-2005, 08:43 PM
Play-Dog would work,never thought of it actually,Thanks :)

I know about the cake pans,and candy molds(have some :) ) which lead me to believe there might have been Star Wars cookie cutter out there.The play-doh sounds like a much easier solution :D

Rocketboy
03-11-2005, 09:22 PM
I still have the Artoo and Threepio cake pans and 2 or 3 of the candy molds. If those damn little candies weren't so expensive, I'd be making them all the time!

I've never seen cookie cutters though.
But I do remember Star Wars cookies back in the Jedi days. They were packaged in a bag like Goldfish crackers (maybe the same company). They were chocolate flavored and shaped like Vader, Chewie, Artoo, Threepio, ect.
They were tasty too!

Mmmm...chocolate Vader...

Kidhuman
03-11-2005, 11:00 PM
Here they are Rocketboy...

http://search.ebay.com/Star-Wars-cookie_W0QQfkrZ1QQfromZR8

mabudonicus
03-12-2005, 08:13 AM
Mmmm...chocolate Vader...
I have a 7" knock-off af vader from the "Galaxy Empire" line, he's a perfectly scaled-up version of the POTFII "He-man Vader", an exact duplicate in every respect.. except that he's a rich, chocolate brown colour... you'd love him, RB
(I also have a knock-off "super deformed" jabba the hutt with HAIR on the back of his head, but tha's another story)

Sorry, continue
:beard:

Rocketboy
03-12-2005, 05:46 PM
Here they are Rocketboy...

http://search.ebay.com/Star-Wars-cookie_W0QQfkrZ1QQfromZR8I would totally eat those. :D

I have a 7" knock-off af vader from the "Galaxy Empire" line, he's a perfectly scaled-up version of the POTFII "He-man Vader", an exact duplicate in every respect.. except that he's a rich, chocolate brown colour... you'd love him, RB
(I also have a knock-off "super deformed" jabba the hutt with HAIR on the back of his head, but tha's another story) I remember seeing Galaxy Empire in an old Toyfare. CaptainSolo1138, Slicker, & I (and another friend) kept an eye out for them, but sadly, never found any.

Bossk77
03-19-2005, 12:36 PM
Didnt they make Star Wars shrinky dinks? I remember the Thunder Cat ones.

Ji'dai
03-26-2005, 01:13 PM
This thread gave me the idea of using my vintage Star Wars cake pans as cookie molds. I bought some generic chocolate chip and sugar cookie dough and some white icing and got to work.

I sprayed the pans with cooking spray and pressed the dough into my Boba Fett and R2-D2 cake pans. After baking them, I let them cool and then inverted the molds to get the cookies out.

I used blue, red, and green food coloring to dye small portions of the white icing, then applied them to the cookies. So now I have a sugar Boba Fett and chocolote chip R2-D2 "big cookies" for the family Easter get-together tomorrow.

Slicker
03-26-2005, 03:40 PM
That is awesome Ji'dai!! That's some really good icing work on those cookies.

LusiferSam
03-26-2005, 09:28 PM
I just looked in my Tomart's guide and didn't see any cookie cutters. It listed cookies and cookies jars, but not cutters. I'm incline to say none were made.

Kidhuman
03-27-2005, 12:56 AM
Hows about bring those cookie-cakes over here, I got plenty of milk

Rocketboy
03-27-2005, 11:08 AM
Ji'dai, befpre I saw those pics I thought you made a cookie as thick as the pan!

I didn't know they made a Fett pan.

That is a great idea though! I might have to try it with my Artoo and Threepio pans (since mom won't use one of them for my birthday cake - and I've been asking for years! :) )

Ji'dai
03-28-2005, 03:10 PM
Thanks guys. I was a little amazed at how they dough rose. I used an 18 oz tube of dough which was barely enough to cover the bottom of the pan. Still it made some thick cookies. Not much left of 'em now but the heads. I'm not sure why no one ate those parts.

I guess you're gonna have to bribe your mom or gf to make you a Star Wars cake, Rb. They also made a Vader pan along with Fett, 3PO, and R2.

El Chuxter
03-28-2005, 03:59 PM
There was a template for Darth Maul's head in one of the cookbooks (Darth Malts, IIRC). I don't know if that would work.

InsaneJediGirl
03-28-2005, 09:37 PM
Cool cookie "cakes".Might have to convince my mom to make me some:D

I figured by now cookie cutters havent been made,someone would have to be selling them.Everything else is sold on eBay ;-)