PDA

View Full Version : Don't throw out your packaging quick - tiny parts like extra hands are included

Tycho
03-10-2005, 07:39 PM
Several of the figures have lightsabers permanently attached to their hands so the action features won't cause them to lose their weapons.

To make them "stand at ease," there are tiny little extra hands in the packages of some figures like Anakin and Obi-Wan.

Be careful you don't toss them out when you open your figures. You'll want these later.

How about that choking hazard question though? Eh...I suppose the bikerscout's gun is quite small like that...

Tycho
04-02-2005, 10:20 PM
I thought I'd bump this up as a friendly public service announcement before it's too late for somebody who's going dumpster diving tonight.

Joshkj
04-03-2005, 12:25 AM
Caution: Sholder Pads On The Clones Are Easily Missed Under The Picture!!!

Tycho
04-03-2005, 12:36 AM
That's cool. I didn't know they came with shoulder pads!

I hadn't planned on opening any reg. Clones for a little while.

I will when I have to test-set several Utopau scenes.

Joshkj
04-03-2005, 12:43 AM
Well since all I got today was a red guard and 2 clones I opend them up, and I ave to say tey are awsome, If you pop of the head on the red guard and flip around the cape it looks better, and you can take the cape of and show of its cool armor. I need to find a cool head to fit on it cause the guard helm just doesnt fit :? :)

LTBasker
04-03-2005, 01:53 AM
Same with the #9 Grievous, he has a blaster that's hidden behind the picture. I think Hasbro should make mention of the extra accessories that are behind the picture. If I hadn't seen a pic online with him holding the blaster, I wouldn't of even thought to look. It doesn't mention ANYWHERE on the package about what the figure comes with.

I think it's all more reason Hasbro needs to go back to regular bubbles like the OTC as they really don't have anywhere to put the text about the accessories.

sith_killer_99
04-03-2005, 10:11 AM
That's cool. I didn't know they came with shoulder pads!

I hadn't planned on opening any reg. Clones for a little while.

Yeah, the "Quick Draw Action" Clone comes with 2 shoulder pads. One is plain white and the other has a black "Imperial" logo on it. :D

beckmen
04-03-2005, 06:56 PM
#27 Anakin (Robes/Alice Cooper Eyes) comes with a robotic arm that snaps on instead of his gloved hand, but alas the robotic arm is too small and doesn't look right at all...

#1 Anakin comes with a red saber/hand, an empty hand and a saber hilt that snaps onto his belt. I am assuming #2 Obi-Wan comes with the same save for the extra saber/hand.

Dooku has a little hole in his belt, but mine didn't come with a hilt. Pity, I'd like to have his saber at his side when he's not in combat mode on display.

Sidiously Darth
04-03-2005, 07:18 PM
Heed this warning. Seems to be the reason why I don't have a club for Tarfful. :(

beckmen
04-03-2005, 07:22 PM
Anybody save the cardbacks like I do? I don't care about having MOC figs like a lot of collector's, but I do save the cards (throw out the blisters) and any other kind of printer materials. I have cardbacks going all the way back to Green POTF2. Sadly, my mother threw out the orange POTF2 cardbacks I had...

ndjedi
04-03-2005, 08:33 PM
#27 Anakin (Robes/Alice Cooper Eyes) comes with a robotic arm that snaps on instead of his gloved hand, but alas the robotic arm is too small and doesn't look right at all...

Thanks for that heads up on #27 Anakin! Thank goodness I still had kept that empty card of his, I had bought it early about a month ago! His robotic arm is on him right now!

Joshkj
04-03-2005, 08:56 PM
Anybody save the cardbacks like I do? I don't care about having MOC figs like a lot of collector's, but I do save the cards (throw out the blisters) and any other kind of printer materials. I have cardbacks going all the way back to Green POTF2. Sadly, my mother threw out the orange POTF2 cardbacks I had...

I cut off the bubles to save more of the cardback :D

JediTricks
04-04-2005, 12:08 AM
Anybody save the cardbacks like I do? I don't care about having MOC figs like a lot of collector's, but I do save the cards (throw out the blisters) and any other kind of printer materials. I have cardbacks going all the way back to Green POTF2. Sadly, my mother threw out the orange POTF2 cardbacks I had...I do that with all my figures, all the way back to my first Vader & Luke from POTF2 (ok, my second Vader, the first was returned to TRU because the lightsaber was too long :p) I sorta hate the ROTS cardbacks for this though, the bubbles are hard to get off the cards without savaging something or taking extra work, I slice off the tape around the flaps, cut the glued reversed tab off the bottom of the cardback, and then just rip the curved top off of Vader's head.

I don't get you guys, why aren't you looking at the BACK of the tray before throwing it out? I bet Hasbro is gonna have some cheesed-off customers over this. They should have at least printed a list of accessories on the card like they did with the Saga line, or on the photo insert taped to the tray put "accessories behind insert".

hango fett
04-04-2005, 06:10 AM
the emperor comes with 2 types of "firing force lightning." the one you clearly see in the pack and the other that looks like lightning and doesn't fire at anything, and is hid conveinently behind his picture. i just noticed it yesterday. good thing i didn't throw it out............
HF

Scackmgack
04-04-2005, 10:56 AM
I've saved cardbacks since the Saga line. Prior to that I clipped the little ID cards that came on the back of the POTF2 figures and the like and kept those.

#1 Anakin comes with a saber hilt? I found the extra hands, but didn't see a hilt...good thing I've kept all my packaging.

CaptainSolo1138
04-04-2005, 01:26 PM
I almost lost #2 Anakin's extra hands. I was putting the card and bubble back together after I opened it (an obsessive compulsive habit I have) and noticed all the extras hidden away. Not the smartest thing Hasbro has ever done (and that's saying alot!).

LTBasker
04-04-2005, 02:02 PM
I sorta hate the ROTS cardbacks for this though, the bubbles are hard to get off the cards without savaging something or taking extra work, I slice off the tape around the flaps, cut the glued reversed tab off the bottom of the cardback, and then just rip the curved top off of Vader's head.

I actually hate them with a passion due to this. I slice the tape on one side, then I cut through the actual flap on the bottom and only peel the curved top part-way off the card. This allows me to generally slide the try out from the corner since it curves at the top.

It's a huge battle though even like that, it's even worse if you try to put the tray back in. (I keep the empty packages complete with the bubble and tray)

One thing that bites about that is that since only one of the inserts so far hasn't been taped to the tray, getting it off to get to the hidden extras can be bad. It's a huge pain to slide the tray in and have to worry about the cardboard insert resting loosely on top. I've had to use steak knives in order to get down behind the insert and get the accessories without removing it.

JediTricks
04-05-2005, 03:19 AM
the emperor comes with 2 types of "firing force lightning." the one you clearly see in the pack and the other that looks like lightning and doesn't fire at anything, and is hid conveinently behind his picture. i just noticed it yesterday. good thing i didn't throw it out............
HFThe cardback actually mentions the second, non-firing lightning accessory, it says there's 1 for shooting and a different 1 for spinning.

#1 Anakin comes with a saber hilt? I found the extra hands, but didn't see a hilt...good thing I've kept all my packaging.
There definitely is an "off" saber hilt, it looks better than any previous ANH Luke/Anakin saber hilt in this scale in fact. Same with Obi-Wan ROTS#1's "off" saber hilt, far and away the finest lightsaber accessory ever for any figure in this scale (it's a little rubbery though).

Hey Solo1138, is your sig German for the SW catch-phrase "I have a very bad feeling about this"? If so, very cool! :D

It's a huge battle though even like that, it's even worse if you try to put the tray back in. (I keep the empty packages complete with the bubble and tray) I usually put the trays back into the bubbles until I'm ready to put the figs into the display, then I get rid of the bubbles and trays simply because they take up SO much space (I used to cut out and keep any stickers on the bubbles, but that got lame since they were mostly just "ACTION GIMMICK TEXT" ;)), with the ROTS cards I still do this but it's annoying because of the curve, thought once everything's in place the tabs on the sides that I cut the tape away from now hold the bubble back onto the card, this is handy.

One thing that bites about that is that since only one of the inserts so far hasn't been taped to the tray, getting it off to get to the hidden extras can be bad. It's a huge pain to slide the tray in and have to worry about the cardboard insert resting loosely on top. I've had to use steak knives in order to get down behind the insert and get the accessories without removing it. Dang, I hadn't thought about the 2 inserts on these cards yet, I've already ripped a couple getting the accessories out, I think I'll keep them but cut their taped edges off to get them out, there's no way I'm keeping all that plastic.

spang2005
04-05-2005, 10:25 AM
Has anyone else noticed the difference between the lightsaber sculpted into Obi-Wan's (#2) hand is the AOTC version, but the hilt is his ROTS and ANH lightsaber? Apparently just an oversight since i dot't think he uses the AOTC saber at all in the new movie.

Tycho
04-05-2005, 12:32 PM
Small lightsaber use spoiler warning..............

Obi-Wan might start E3 with his AOTC lightsaber (he got back after Geonosis)

I think during one of several encounters with Gen. Grievous, he loses it and the ANH lightsaber is actually one he pulled off Gen. Grievous' trophy belt.

I could be mistaken though.

CaptainSolo1138
04-05-2005, 12:50 PM
Hey Solo1138, is your sig German for the SW catch-phrase "I have a very bad feeling about this"? If so, very cool! :D

Aber ja! Vielen Dank, sehr nett von Ihnen ( Yes indeed! Thank you, I appreciate it). I'm not sure the word placement is correct, though.

Tycho
04-05-2005, 01:00 PM
Ya. Danke. Das war nett von Ihnen.

Yes. Thanks. That was nice of you.

I say things the simpler way when I'm trying to use a foreign language.

Ich spreche Worter sehr klar wann ich eine andere Sprachen sprechen.

Ich hoffe....

CrossWizard
04-05-2005, 01:55 PM
Small lightsaber use spoiler warning..............

Obi-Wan might start E3 with his AOTC lightsaber (he got back after Geonosis)

I think during one of several encounters with Gen. Grievous, he loses it and the ANH lightsaber is actually one he pulled off Gen. Grievous' trophy belt.

I could be mistaken though.

There's a pic at MF.com that shows both Anakin and Obi Wan on the Invisible Hand holding their sabers and you can clearly see the thin, gold/copper section at the top of Obi-Wan's ANH hilt. So it looks like he starts the movie with the ANH hilt.

As for the packaging, I nearly cut off Obi-Wan's fingers off on his extra hand trying to get them off the backing bubble with an exacto. Some of the accessories like lightsabers etc. are hard to get out because theyre stuck in such way that if you try to force them out they break or bend. Very annoying.

Mandalorian Candidat
04-05-2005, 03:26 PM
Those extra accessories like the CT shoulder pads are hidden way down there. I didn't know about half of them until I read this thread.

Found out last night that the latest Palpatine has an extra head and set of hands packed away in the bubble.

beckmen
04-05-2005, 04:06 PM
I noticed that Obi-Wan's saber hilt is the same one from ANH...