PDA

View Full Version : How do you rate the ROTS Theatrical Trailer?

JediTricks
03-10-2005, 11:00 PM
The Star Wars: Episode III - Revenge of the Sith theatrical trailer is being released today on TV and through other avenues, and tomorrow on the big screen. On a scale of 1 through 5 - 5 being "totally awesome" and 1 being "pretty lame" - how would you rate the trailer?

Please keep in mind that there are NO SPOILERS ALLOWED in this thread.

Slicker
03-10-2005, 11:02 PM
5 all the way.

Kidhuman
03-10-2005, 11:31 PM
Awesome as can be...5

plasticfetish
03-11-2005, 12:15 AM
Yeah... 5. I'd say as far as trailers go, that was a good one. I was surprised by how much detail it gave up. (The "Sin City" preview looked pretty good also. ;) )

vemnox
03-11-2005, 12:44 AM
5 without a doubt.

What two fools put "1"?

Mad Slanted Powers
03-11-2005, 12:44 AM
I gave it a 5. Yes, it did give some details, but I'm still left with questions, so there is still plenty of mystery. I'm quite anxious to see it. I keep having dreams that I'm seeing the movie or in it somehow.

trooperfett
03-11-2005, 02:00 AM
:cool: I Give a big 5, It looks great. I watched it ten times on my TIVO and more times to come hehehe

Tycho
03-11-2005, 02:04 AM
This is going to be a great movie! I put "5." Ian McDiarmid (Palpatine) will really be given a chance to shine!

Did you see him toss those senate pods at Yoda?

Wow!

Grievous' bodyguard looked pretty good too.

There's so much to talk about....

AmanaMatt
03-11-2005, 02:42 AM
Great trailer....musically, it was odd. The part where Palpatine jumps up toward Mace and the Jedi (when trying to arrest him) had this very strange, yet freaky music/sound thing happening that really grabbed my attention....kept waiting for the imperial theme or the like at the end, but music wise, the trailer ended quietly.

I gave it a 5, and it sure looks dark. Glad to see one character in particular get sliced

If Ian McDiarmid has a big role, I will love this movie. He is a really strong actor that has a lot to offer. Considering Palps was in AotC for mere minutes, I hope his role in this one is Huge in comparison.

jonthejedi
03-11-2005, 05:55 AM
5????I would give it a 10! It rocked bigtime. This looks to be Ian McD's finest(darkest) hour as Palpy. Favorite cool trailer moment(s): Jedis arresting the good Chancellor("Are you threatening me, Master Jedi?") & Ewan's empassioned cry: "You were the chosen one!?"

darthverbo
03-11-2005, 06:47 AM
5 all the way. It did what it was supposed to. Tease the heck out of us with awesome images. I can't believe it is finally coming to an end.
I hope we get another trailer soon like George did on AOTC. I've been waiting for this since 1977. The last two months are going to be the longest!

stillakid
03-11-2005, 08:37 AM
Meh. :ermm: It was okay. I think that the main attraction to any Star Wars trailer is just seeing new images. But as a "trailer," it was just okay. The cut was a bit long, not too inspired, not enough "thrilling" music or buildup to a satisfying crescendo. I give it a 3.

dindae
03-11-2005, 08:39 AM
WOW I love this trailer and it really makes me believe the movie is going to be good.

Battle Droid
03-11-2005, 08:43 AM
A 3 since Grievous was hardly in it.

DARTH T-BONE
03-11-2005, 08:53 AM
My wife looked at me and said "I'm gonna cry"....That's a 5.

OC47150
03-11-2005, 10:05 AM
I'm salivating like one of Pavlov's dogs.

I taped it. Watched it when it aired (missed the final comments on Survivor!) and watched it twice, pausing some of the parts.

I can't wait!!

DarkArtist
03-11-2005, 10:20 AM
I thought the trailer was out of this world. Unfortunately since my VCR is broken and I don't have a hyperspace acoount or an aol account I was forced to sit through the annoying OC. I can't wait till May 19th. opening night I will be there with lightsaber in hand. :D

Jangu Fett
03-11-2005, 11:07 AM
I have to agree with jonthejedi this looks to be a 10.

Rocketboy
03-11-2005, 11:19 AM
5 - but they seemed to give far too much away, IMO.

Kidhuman
03-11-2005, 11:29 AM
5 - but they seemed to give far too much away, IMO.

No Grievous, No Dooku, I think it saved some stuff.

Battle Droid
03-11-2005, 11:32 AM
Grievous was in two shots, and Dooku in one.

Xiyara Lynch
03-11-2005, 11:50 AM
I thought the trailer was AWESOME! but sitting through The OC was horrible. I give it a 5. Long live Palpatine!!!!!!!!

sith_killer_99
03-11-2005, 12:14 PM
:D 5 All the way.

George always seems to do a great job with these trailers, or rather his "trailer department" or whoever. I really can't wait to see this thing!

Mr. JabbaJohnL
03-11-2005, 12:42 PM
Grievous was in two shots, and Dooku in one.
No, Grievous wasn't in it at all, but his bodyguard was in two shots.

A five all the way. Man, that was great!

El Chuxter
03-11-2005, 01:11 PM
Wham, bam, thank you ma'am!!!

Battle Droid
03-11-2005, 01:18 PM
No, Grievous wasn't in it at all, but his bodyguard was in two shots.

He's in it, he's with all the battle droid's and his bodyguard's surrounding Obi-Wan in that hanger or whatever it is, and there's a shot of him throwing a punch at Obi-Wan.

pbarnard
03-11-2005, 01:38 PM
I go 4. "Breathing" for Clones and "1000 Generations" as the teaser trailers did more to set the mood. This was just sort of the herald trumpet blasting, well forget characters, forget plot 2.5 hours of lightsabers and blasters....Not that 2.5 hours of lightsaber fights and blaster fights are a bad thing.....

Sidiously Darth
03-11-2005, 01:44 PM
I gave it a 5. I think Lucas has hit the nail on the head with this one. A PG-13 rating and this movie is going to rock!

thomasandrea-call
03-11-2005, 02:17 PM
"5" ALL THE WAY!!!!!!!!

darthvyn
03-11-2005, 04:16 PM
holy crap, 5!

jedi-cpa
03-11-2005, 04:59 PM
Hand me a tissue I have to clean up that was so exciting.

I have to find that somewhere on the net!!!!!!!

Need to see it again and share with others!!!

Hellboy
03-11-2005, 05:15 PM
Wow that was amazing, very dark. I must have watched it 100 times last night, I just couldn't get enough of it. Definitely a 5 as far as I'm concerned.

mericen
03-11-2005, 08:16 PM
Yes, I definitely give it a 5. I did not see it on the OC but I did see it before the movie, Robots. And all I can say is WOW. It is very very good. Robots is a good movie too by the way.

CaptainSolo1138
03-11-2005, 09:35 PM
there's a shot of him throwing a punch at Obi-Wan.
Nope. Sorry. I thought it was the General also but I watched that part frame by frame and it is indeed one of his bodyguards.

I gave it a 4. I liked everything except the rehashed music. I wish they'd have included a bit of new stuff. Oh no. Did I just agree on something about the prequels with Stillakid?!?!?!? :D

Hellboy
03-11-2005, 10:12 PM
Nope. Sorry. I thought it was the General also but I watched that part frame by frame and it is indeed one of his bodyguards.

Gotta agree with Battle Droid on this one, I've watched it frame-by-frame as well and I'm convinced its a shot of Grievous from behind sans his cape. The armor is what really gives it away and if you look closely you can see the side of his face for a split second. He also looks like he's at least a couple of feet taller than Obi-Wan and I could be wrong but I don't think Grievous' bodyguards are that tall.

nohagent
03-11-2005, 10:27 PM
I am angry, I pay a premium for Starwars.com Hyperspace. I therefore expect to be treated special. But then I find AOL members dont need to have hyperspace and get to see it for free. Screw hyperspace for not treating us with more loyalty.

Rocketboy
03-11-2005, 10:31 PM
I am angry, I pay a premium for Starwars.com Hyperspace. I therefore expect to be treated special. But then I find AOL members dont need to have hyperspace and get to see it for free. Screw hyperspace for not treating us with more loyalty.I've always thought Hyperspace was a waste of money and a slap in the face.

Rocketboy
03-11-2005, 10:33 PM
No Grievous, No Dooku, I think it saved some stuff.But Dooku and Grievous are pretty well expected.

The whole Palpatine thing and enemy Jedi stuff were the biggest things they shouldn't have given away, IMO.

plasticfetish
03-12-2005, 03:43 AM
The whole Palpatine thing and enemy Jedi stuff were the biggest things they shouldn't have given away, IMO.I agree, but I think at this point so much has leaked out that they're opting to build enthusiasm and excitement by showing us a little of what we already expect. Seems to be working.

What I'm wondering is... out of everything that's leaked out or that we're able to read about, etc. -- is there any sort of real "shocker" that we won't know about until the film comes out? Is their going to be a "Luke, I am your father" for Episode III?

2-1B
03-12-2005, 04:32 AM
Either way, remember that this thread is supposed to be spoiler free so maybe it's best (out of courtesy) not to even tip toe around certain characters who don't really even appear in the trailer. :)

The 'Xir
03-12-2005, 08:07 AM
So maybe it's best (out of courtesy) not to even tip toe around certain characters who don't really even appear in the trailer. :)

If what your alluding to happens, I think I'll join Stillakid on the darkside as a Lucas hater forever! I need a "real" shocker in this movie if there's going to be one at all! Sadly I don't see how one can be done, that hasn't been thought of by someone on these boards! I think any "Father" ones would be lame, no matter who it is!! Now if Padme turns out to be Anakins sister!!! :eek: Now that would be a shocker! lol :D ;)

Oh yeah the trailer...5!

stillakid
03-12-2005, 09:54 AM
If what your alluding to happens, I think I'll join Stillakid on the darkside as a Lucas hater forever! I need a "real" shocker in this movie if there's going to be one at all! Sadly I don't see how one can be done, that hasn't been thought of by someone on these boards! I think any "Father" ones would be lame, no matter who it is!! Now if Padme turns out to be Anakins sister!!! :eek: Now that would be a shocker! lol :D ;)

Oh yeah the trailer...5!

Hey! I don't "hate" Lucas. I don't agree with his more recent decisions (you know, in the last decade or so), but I wouldn't equate that with hating the guy. He does have this grand "vision," I just wish he also had the skill to articulate the details better on his own and/or delegate those duties to people who can.

Rocketboy
03-12-2005, 06:54 PM
If what your alluding to happens, I think I'll join Stillakid on the darkside as a Lucas hater forever! I need a "real" shocker in this movie if there's going to be one at all! Sadly I don't see how one can be done, that hasn't been thought of by someone on these boards! Well, there was the Death Star "cameo" in AOTC that seems like it wasn't leaked beforehand. So there may be a few cool smaller things like that.

Slicker
03-12-2005, 09:16 PM
The Death Star was indeed a real shocker in AOTC and hopefully it'll make a return appearance in this movie seeing as it's commander, Grand Moff Tarkin, is gonna be in this one. It'd be sweet if the scene with Vader and Palpy on the Star Destroyer had them looking out over the construction of it.

Val Da Car
03-12-2005, 09:51 PM
I d/l it for free.....nice OC intro but my wife LOVED IT...AOTC irked her but she might stay up past her bed time and go to the Midnight showing of EP 3 with me and my brother.

I give the Trailer a 5 for hype and dramatic tension building.

I got the trailer to play through to my tv and it is very nice indeed!...

Dancing in my chair!!!!

this link was found on the net

http://rianjs.net/?p=111

codec is located there also...use Winamp f0r b3st playback

2-1B
03-13-2005, 03:04 AM
The Death Star was indeed a real shocker in AOTC and hopefully it'll make a return appearance in this movie seeing as it's commander, Grand Moff Tarkin, is gonna be in this one.

See, now that's what I was talking about when I reminded everyone that JT said "no spoilers." :D

plasticfetish
03-13-2005, 04:21 AM
Now... just because we're seeing pics of a young Tarkin action figure doesn't mean he's in the film. :rolleyes: No spoiler there. ;)

I need a "real" shocker in this movie if there's going to be one at all! Sadly I don't see how one can be done, that hasn't been thought of by someone on these boards! I think any "Father" ones would be lame, no matter who it is!!I wasn't suggesting that there could be anything specifically like the "father" revelation -- I was wondering if we might actually see something that had that same kind of surprise value. Something that really blows everyone away -- a "real" shocker.

JediTricks
03-13-2005, 07:50 PM
Dooku is indeed in the trailer, you can see him for about half a second in a lightsaber battle with Ani in front of the Emp in his chair. Not a spoiler, it's in the trailer. You can also see Grievous for a half-second attacking Obi-Wan, the legs are a dead giveaway which character it is, the rest is harder to see because of the jumble of the scene, but he's definitely there.

I thought it was interesting, but focused too much on Palpatine, so I gave it a 4 since I felt "it's between and 3 and a 4". My sister liked it more than I did. A friend of mine liked it less, pointed out something I too didn't like, the lightsaber out of the sleeve trick, it's been done to death with other weapons in other series and doesn't fit the SW universe he and I both agreed.

Beast
03-13-2005, 08:42 PM
Well, it's not like Palpy can wear it on his belt. Would be sort of a dead giveaway that he's a Sith Lord. And he needs to keep it somewhere that would allow easy access for such an event. Sure it's overdone, but it's never been done in a Star Wars film. ;)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

JediTricks
03-13-2005, 11:46 PM
Well, it's not like Palpy can wear it on his belt. Would be sort of a dead giveaway that he's a Sith Lord. And he needs to keep it somewhere that would allow easy access for such an event.
All I have to say to that is that Yoda didn't have his up his sleeve.

Sure it's overdone, but it's never been done in a Star Wars film. You're absolutely right. Maybe Lucas should add a bunch of bullet-time scenes in ROTS as well. Ooh, and a Britney Spears song! :p

Darth Deering
03-14-2005, 10:00 AM
I gave it a 4 but feel a bit like a traitor! I really liked it alot and could easily have rated it 5, but I wanted to see some Grievous! I think there was about a half-second shot of he and Obi Wan fighteing next to a star fighter, but it was so quick and blurred I really couldn't tell for sure. I mean, by now we all know about him and have likely seen him in still shots... how about a little preview? Is that too much to ask? But hey, I'll see it soon enough. For all intents and purposes, it was a huge 5!

bobafrett
03-14-2005, 12:52 PM
I gave it a five, but then I would have also rated the EP I and EP II trailers as being 5, and I was a bit disappointed with both those films. I'm hoping this (EPIII) will redeeem my faith in the SW films. I like the dark feel to it, unlike ROTJ which had a "happy" ending.

Hellboy
03-14-2005, 04:23 PM
All I have to say to that is that Yoda didn't have his up his sleeve.

Yeah but unlike Palpatine Yoda wasn't trying to conceal his true identity.

stillakid
03-14-2005, 04:31 PM
Yeah but unlike Palpatine Yoda wasn't trying to conceal his true identity.

Not until Episode V. Oh but wait, I suppose that "surprise" is pretty much moot now, eh? ;)

Turbowars
03-14-2005, 09:22 PM
All right whos the 5 that voted Lame?:speech:

2-1B
03-15-2005, 03:09 AM
Who cares about those five, I think it would be kind of cool to be the ONLY one in 715 to vote with a 2. :D