PDA

View Full Version : SirSteve is such a hypocrite

Gooney Bird
01-04-2002, 09:19 PM
Earlier today you post this long, thoughtful message about how you are going to obey the wishes of Hasbro and not post images of Ep2 content, yet as soon as the images are shown online you are all over them like a dog in heat. It sure didn't take you long to post the story on the front page did it? Pathetic.

This thread will get deleted as soon as it is posted I'm sure. Just another example of your cowardice and inability to accept the truth about your site.

Remember, the Gooney knows....he always knows.

chewie
01-04-2002, 09:21 PM
Well. He wants to put 'em online I think, he just doesn't want to lose toyfair entry by being the 1st one to post ep2 stuff. He lets guys, like yerself do it, and then shows off his stuff. At least thats what Im thinkin'.

I'm assuimg I'd do the same. Let somebody else take the heat first.

GNT
01-04-2002, 09:31 PM
But we thank you Gooney Bird for showing all these images that no one else has shown!

CrossWizard
01-04-2002, 09:33 PM
I wouldve done the same thing, let someone else do the deed without having to take the blame.

BTW thanks for those pics Gooney, although the figures are somewhat dissapointing, its the thought and the effort by you what counts.

SirSteve
01-04-2002, 09:58 PM
Welcome to our Forums Gooney Bird... what guidelines have I broken? (for those that don't know and would like to know why, click here (http://www.figures.com/databases/action.cgi?setup_file=ssnews2.setup&category=starwars&topic=28&show_article=17)). None, notta, zilch, zero. I believe you are the coward since you are the one hiding by posting the pictures on a free web site. You also registered with a free e-mail account. Well, you're sorta hidding... your IP is logged here. :D

And no, this thread will not be deleted. Speak your peace...

Your pics are nice but see, these are mostly prototypes and not the final versions. THIS is the stuff that gets everyone upset, Hasbro and the fans. Why? They are not the final products. For example, Padme doesn't come with those red things... Everyone is going to criticize these and they are not final products. Are you following me?

Remember, SirSteve knows... he always knows... more than you know.

bigbarada
01-04-2002, 11:18 PM
Please tell us that Hasbro has scrapped all of those figures and started from scratch, SirSteve. They are absolutely terrible!

chewie
01-04-2002, 11:20 PM
Heheh.

2-1B
01-05-2002, 12:34 AM
I fail to see the hypocrisy here. Is SirSteve supposed to be a guardian for Hasbro, prohibiting strangers from seeing what other people have posted on the web?

It's been my impression that he cannot post what he actually has, nor describe in depth such images. In my time here I have not seen him do anything of the like.

Emperor Howdy
01-05-2002, 01:18 AM
Jeeeez, Gooney, calm down......it's only Star Wars figures. No need to start getting personal and nasty. I see you are new to the board, so if you ask any of us who have been here for several years, you'd find that SirStevesguide kept true to that request even with Episode 1. When the letters started getting sent, he yanked a lot of stuff. Nevertheless, I like it when SSG is the first to post info. and images, so whether he obeys or disobeys company requests is all good with me. Besides, he didn't post 'em....technically YOU did......and who cares, anyway....all they are are sadly-articulated figures like Anakin who's gonna be shelf-warming and selling for $4.99 on Planetactionfigure.com by summer, not military nuclear secrets, so chill bud.

:Pirate: ....arrrrrrgh, ye top news story: Jack Frost Nips Eastern U.S........The Hunt for Bin Laden Continues.......Bloomberg Takes Office in NY.......Presidental Indictments Handed Down to SirStevesguide.com for Unauthorized Imagery of Jango Fett....:rolleyes:

Emperor Howdy
01-05-2002, 01:34 AM
I might also mention that Padme's got a smokin' body for an action figure, heheheheheheh......heh..heh...heh........heh...... ....heh......errrr...........ummmm.......yeah. I know. Someone needs a priest. :(

JediCole
01-05-2002, 09:03 AM
I am glad to see that the SSG community has shown remarkable restraint in not picking Goony apart on this post. It is refreshing that his personal attack on SirSteve has not been returned in kind. Obviously the definition of hypocracy is being used very loosly here. SirSteve went to pains to preface the link to Goony's pics (which will undoubtedly be taken down soon) with notice that though he himself cannot show what he has at hand, he cannot stop others (this is you, Goony) from setting up their own points from which to show materials. And for my money, SirSteve is doing Mr. Goony a favor. I should suspect that far fewer of us would ever have stumbled upon these pictures if it were not for the gracious free advertizing provided by this site. So the real hypocrite does not appear to be SirSteve in this case. Especially when one considers that, in posting these pictures, Goony has NOTHING to loose. I doubt that your site is being invited to the EII showroom at Toy Fair in February, or being provided finished product images months before release, or provided up to the minute information. Nor do I suspect that Goony is cultivating a working releationship with LucasFilm and/or Hasbro. In the long run, SirSteve is looking out for this site, to be sure, but also looking out for us, the SSG community, who utilize this site for REAL news on the upcoming figures. Just some food for thought, Goony. And perhaps in the future, more thought will be put into the subject of your posts.

vulcantouch
01-05-2002, 12:08 PM
but hypocrite or no, i've very few qualms w/ss (other than the way he spells "nada" ;) ); i've found his judgment sounder & more trustworthy over the long haul than the policing on supposedly "adult" forums i've participated on :) anyway is it hypocrisy or simple shrewdness? (see my post here (http://sirstevesguide.com/vbportal/forums/showthread.php?postid=26107#post26107); as a publicity heauu i Love promoting my posts across threds ;) )
so, ss, when you gonna let me in on what you mods been sayin bout me in yer hidden mods forum?? i's Dyin ta know :D

jc: "It is refreshing that his personal attack on SirSteve has not been returned in kind"
-you say that like personal attacks would be a Bad thing :confused: bring em on, they're hella fun :D
vt

Jargo
01-05-2002, 01:44 PM
Quick - slip the locks on that stable door now the horses are bolting.... :confused:
At the end of the day it's SirSteves site and he can jolly well do with it as he sees fit.
Sirsteve has the balls to stay put and stay visible. Balls enough to at least be around to take the flack aimed at him. instead of wimping out and hiding in shadowy anonimity. How brave and fearless you are Goony bird.. oh how I wish I had your tenacity, your rambunctious qualities........ *sigh* Or is that pugnacious qualities? silly me, I always get the two so muddled.... :crazed:

vulcantouch
01-05-2002, 01:49 PM
shadowy anonymity isn't a wimp-out, it's a tactical tool like any other. just like terrorists Aren't cowards (contrary to what current Patriotic Correctness would have us believe). each uses the tactics that play to his strengths & that work for him. no tactic is inherently nobler; they vary only in their effectiveness in a given context :)

SirSteve
01-05-2002, 01:52 PM
I guess Gooney doesn't want to follow-up on his post... Normally these types of threads would be removed (as tempers can really get out of hand) but it's directed at me and I can handle it. ;)

Jargo
01-05-2002, 02:12 PM
Oh yeah VT, silly me for forgetting that terrorists aren't called terrorists anymore. They're 'freedom fighters' right? :rolleyes: :crazed: I see your point but your point smells of amonia no matter which way i look at it. ;)
hell i don't really care what goony Bird does as long as someone keeps posting pictures and i keep finding the links. :) *****in' aint my style but i couldn't resist joining the fray. i guess there's several folks round these parts who'd say i was pugnacious myself. Probably be right too. :sur: We always recognise the faults in others that we have ourselves. Whatever though, it's just pictures and a game of cat and mouse. Sooner or later though the dog's gonna get mighty ****ed at one of them there cats...... :eek:

vulcantouch
01-05-2002, 02:21 PM
. . .we still call em terrorists (http://sirstevesguide.com/vbportal/forums/showthread.php?threadid=1085) :)

"there's several folks round these parts who'd say i was pugnacious myself"
-izzat so? a shame you ain't get into trek, we could be havin lotta fun scraps (http://sirstevesguide.com/vbportal/forums/showthread.php?threadid=2259&pagenumber=1) ;)

Jargo
01-05-2002, 02:32 PM
I reckons I get into enough scrapes already. kinda hard not to really.
Anyway, I don't suppose you fight by the Marquis of Queensbury rules do you? thought not. 'spect you're more the bare knuckle fighter The sort you see going "Oooh,look over there - " WHAM! with a fist to the side of the opponents head.... I'm right aint I? :D

Wonder when the next batch of figure pics will show up? Seems like one batch a week at the moment. What're we waiting on now - the deluxe figures, the other vehicles, the 9" figures and the roleplay sets, plus there's the fabled arena playset...... :)

vulcantouch
01-05-2002, 02:41 PM
"I'm right aint I?"
-righty-**; the right tool for the right job, i always say :D but why bother with a fist? knives are much easier on the knuckles :evil:

JonoFett
01-07-2002, 01:41 PM
Since these prototypes, if we are to be believed they are truly legitimate, are effectively an unauthorized release they cannot be claimed to be true Hasbro merchandise. Who's to say they're not custom creations, if you want to be cynical about this. Hypocrisy on this occasion at least cannot be laid at the door of SirSteve, as the images we're discussing about are not official FINAL Star Wars figures. :)

JEDIpartner
01-07-2002, 03:14 PM
I don't think that Sir Steve is a hypocrite at all. He specifically stated that HE cannot post the pictures on this site as an agreement with Hasbro. He is not responsible for the actions of others such as Gooney Bird. I think Sir Steve has maintained a very enjoyable and respectful website. He has done his best to adhere to Hasbro and LFL's guidelines so that we, as a collecting and appreciating community will benefit from it. We may end up getting the "best seats in the house", so-to-speak, and not some knock-off blurry images that have been copied and pasted thousands of times over.

I would like to see more of Gooney Bird's posts in the forums, but that is entirely up to him. I will still welcome him here even though he came into the neighbourhood firing his SuperLaser! :rolleyes:

Obi-Don
01-07-2002, 07:03 PM
I'm with JEDIpartnr on this. I for one have liked this site for a long time now and don't plan to visit many other forums.

SirSteve IMO has run this site in only the way he can.[out standingly] The things that were said here in this thread, I haven't noticed and to me it seems like the pot is calling the kettle "black". I take all the pics with a grain of salt. It is canon to me when I see it on the market and not in a faded picture.

ChronicJedi
01-11-2002, 08:26 PM
"I don't come for the pictures, I just like to read the articles..."

Wow, I don't think I've ever said that honestly before.

Dryanta
01-13-2002, 02:19 PM
This the only site I personallly visit for info on new figures.It's friendly,clean and grown up.Goony bird;while I apreciate your effort I would ask you to take note of the last quality I mentioned.Grown up.You comments suggest you haven't reached this as of yet.I will continue to consult this site for my info not "fly by nights" like your self who have no history of reliability.Sir Steve makes a good point.Your pics are only prototypes and not finished product.I'll be happy to wait for Sir Steve to honor the Request from Hasbro.When he posts them I'll know they're real.I agree completely with his decision not to sacrifice access to Toy Fair for the sake of showing pics of prototypes