PDA

View Full Version : Entire EPIII Line In New Insider

mm74md
03-11-2005, 10:06 AM
Saw this over at Rebel Scum and I can't wait to get my copy. I'm really, really annoyed. Just as I decided to stick with higher end stuff like Gentle Giant & Kotobukiya, Hasbro has to make super nice figures!

http://www.rebelscum.com/article.asp?i=90231

AmanaMatt
03-11-2005, 10:14 AM
Wow, thanks for the heads up. I must say that the clone troopers sure have a varied color scheme in this one - clone trooper #41 looks to be a SA version - the one on the far left is the first and looks a tad 'blocky' whereas this one looks like a movie photo....nice! Seeing some familiar aliens was a nice suprise.

mm74md
03-11-2005, 10:16 AM
Looks like there is going to be a crispy Anakin

mm74md
03-11-2005, 10:19 AM
Yeah, the clones look sweet. I wonder who the little dude is. Could be a spoiler if it's Han Solo

DarkArtist
03-11-2005, 10:29 AM
I don't know who the young kid / padawan is but I love the fact that we are getting a young Tarkin Figure. Plus with this poster you can finally see a pic of the Utopian Warrior figure. I hope this is included in the new Insider magazine. I not sure if I am digging the "crispy Anakin" at this time but the Obi Wan with flight gear and robe looked sweet. Hopefully it fits intop the starfighter this time.

Sith Lord 0498
03-11-2005, 10:32 AM
Saw this over at Rebel Scum and I can't wait to get my copy. I'm really, really annoyed. Just as I decided to stick with higher end stuff like Gentle Giant & Kotobukiya, Hasbro has to make super nice figures!

http://www.rebelscum.com/article.asp?i=90231

My. Thoughts. Exactly!

I've just started getting into the mini-busts, and I'm totally hooked on the Bust-Ups and scaled lightsabers. The only way I can afford them is to scale back on the Hasbro line.

Looks like that's not gonna happen now... :frus:

Beast
03-11-2005, 10:42 AM
Yeah, the clones look sweet. I wonder who the little dude is. Could be a spoiler if it's Han Solo
I believe that the padawan played by Lucas' son. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Battle Droid
03-11-2005, 10:51 AM
Yeah, that's Zett Jukassa.

mm74md
03-11-2005, 11:10 AM
I believe that the padawan played by Lucas' son. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

I see the padawan "tail" now.

Kidhuman
03-11-2005, 11:44 AM
Looks good.

ndjedi
03-11-2005, 12:43 PM

That little dude is Tado, he is a padawan. I have a copy of the ROTS Product Catalog from Hasbro, that I got when I bought Anakin's Color Change Lightsaber. Tado is # 52 on the checklist on the back of the catalog.

This new ad by Hasbro really looks good, and its better than just a basic checklist, you can at least see all the new figures, many not seen before!
I can't wait for my Insider to arrive!

Mr. JabbaJohnL
03-11-2005, 12:56 PM
This is sweet! I'm loving the look of all these guys!

Don't read on if you want to avoid SPOILERS . . .

I love that new clone trooper! I'll get one of the first one and multiples of this guy. Like everyone else, if we can find them. :rolleyes:
The Neimoidian Warrior looks good, I like the firing cannon.
The Wookiee Warrior looks like the one featured in the teaser, I love it!
The Destroyer Droid looks to be the same one from AOTC. Hopefully not.
Tarkin looks great! But he doesn't change his clothes for twenty years, I guess. :D Maybe he's on the Star Destroyer?
Ask Aak and Meena Tills are sweet, always nice to get new aliens and senators.
R2-D2 looks to be (another) light-up, sound-making figure. Those are fun, but enough is enough!
I guess that big clone is commander Baccarra, he looks cool.
What's the deal with Anakin? He doesn't look very crispy. A little charred but not like the 12" Ultimate Villain. His robot arm really is too short in the film!
I like Captain Antilles a lot more in this picture. He looks better.
Zett Jukassa is a cool figure! His arm is in a weird position though.
Yay! We finally have the Utapauan Warrior. Now -Durge- will stop talking about it! :D He looks pretty cool.
The Turbo Tank Driver looks like the other clone pilots (BARC trooper, AT-RT Driver) but is still good.
That Mustafar Sentry looks an awful lot like Shu Mai. I wonder if that's where she's from, or if he's just a guard for the separatist meetings?
Pilot Obi-Wan looks awesome, always good to get a cloaked figure. And it looks like his headset can come off.

master J
03-11-2005, 01:10 PM
I dont think that this is the crispy anakin we have been hearing about... it looks like he has hair in the photo!

Darth Grifter
03-11-2005, 01:20 PM
I dont think that this is the crispy anakin we have been hearing about... it looks like he has hair in the photo!
yeah, and his right arm isn't mechano, it's all tatooed...i wonder who this is...

anyway, this line looks good. i can't wait to get my insider and check them out more closely...

mm74md
03-11-2005, 01:40 PM
yeah, and his right arm isn't mechano, it's all tatooed...i wonder who this is...

anyway, this line looks good. i can't wait to get my insider and check them out more closely...

#50 - Anakin Skywalker on Mustafar

* [ ] - #01 - Obi-Wan Kenobi - Slashing Attack
* [ ] - #02 - Anakin Skywalker - Lightsaber Attack!
* [ ] - #03 - Yoda - Firing Cannon
* [ ] - #04 - Super Battle Droid - Firing Arm Blaster!
* [ ] - #05 - Chewbacca - Wookiee Rage
* [ ] - #06 - Clonetrooper - Quick-Draw Attack!
* [ ] - #07 - R2-D2 - Droid Attack
* [ ] - #08 - General Grievous' Bodyguard - Battle Attack!
* [ ] - #09 - General Grievous - Four Lightsabers Attack!
* [ ] - #10 - Mace Windu - Force Combat
* [ ] - #11 - Darth Vader - Lightsaber Attack!
* [ ] - #12 - Emperor Palpatine - Firing Force Lightning
* [ ] - #13 - Count Dooku
* [ ] - #14 - Chancellor Palpatine - Supreme Chancellor
* [ ] - #15 - Bail Organa - Republic Senator
* [ ] - #16 - Plo Koon - Jedi Master
* [ ] - #17 - Battle Droid - Separatist Army
* [ ] - #18 - C-3po - Protocol Droid
* [ ] - #19 - Padme - Republic Senator
* [ ] - #20 - Agen Kolar - Jedi Master
* [ ] - #21 - Shaak-Ti - Jedi Master
* [ ] - #22 - Kit Fisto - Jedi Master
* [ ] - #23 - Blue Royal Guard - Senate Security [ ] - Red Royal Guard
* [ ] - #24 - Mon Mothma - Republic Senator
* [ ] - #25 - Tarfful - Firing Bowcaster
* [ ] - #26 - Yoda - Spinning Attack
* [ ] - #27 - Obi-Wan Kenobi - Jedi Kick!
* [ ] - #28 - Anakin Skywalker - Slashing Attack
* [ ] - #29 - Ki-Adi Mundi - Jedi Master
* [ ] - #30 - Saesee Tiin - Jedi Master
* [ ] - #31 - Luminara Unduli - Jedi Master
* [ ] - #32 - Aayla Secura - Jedi Knight
* [ ] - #33 - Clone Commander
* [ ] - #34 - Clone Pilot
* [ ] - #35 - Palpatine
* [ ] - #36 - General Grievous
* [ ] - #37 - Vader's Medical Droid - Chopper Droid
* [ ] - #38 - AT-TE Tank Gunner - Clone Army
* [ ] - #39 - Polis Massan - Medic
* [ ] - #40 - Mas Amedda - Republic Senator
* [ ] - #41 - Clone Trooper
* [ ] - #42 - Neimoidian Warrior
* [ ] - #43 - Wookiee Warrior
* [ ] - #44 - Destroyer Droid
* [ ] - #45 - Tarkin
* [ ] - #46 - Ask Aak
* [ ] - #47 - Mon Calamari
* [ ] - #48 - R2-D2
* [ ] - #49 - Commander Baccarra
* [ ] - #50 - Anakin Skywalker on Mustafar
* [ ] - #51 - Captain Antilles
* [ ] - #52 - Zett Jukassa
* [ ] - #53 - Utapauan Warrior
* [ ] - #54 - Turbo Tank Driver
* [ ] - #55 - Mustafar Sentry
* [ ] - #56 - Obi-Wan Kenobi - Red Leader Pilot

Darth Grifter
03-11-2005, 01:52 PM
#50 - Anakin Skywalker on Mustafar

wierd...so what's up with his arm then because i swear it looks tat'd up...???

Sith Lord 0498
03-11-2005, 03:19 PM
wierd...so what's up with his arm then because i swear it looks tat'd up...???

It's the rubber and metal of his bionic arm fused together from the lava. Here's a shot of the ungloved arm from the 12" Ultimate Vader and the pic of Mustafar Anakin.

Slicker
03-11-2005, 05:36 PM
These figures look sweet. I love how they're making a young Tarkin. Hopefully they can have the actor pull off the classic Tarkin voice.

I know there are other threads but does anyone have a DEFINITE answer on how many figs are gonna be released on April 2nd?

El Chuxter
03-11-2005, 05:51 PM
Man, I don't know who half these guys are, but they rock!

Here's a few thoughts from the dude in the dark.

#4: Looks like the AOTC SBD. :(

#10: I don't care for this Mace's joints.

#12: Looks like the crappy Saga Emperor again.

#21: Have we seen this Shaak Ti before, say Midnight Madness 2002?

#22: Is that a bit of a Mighty Grin(tm) I see? :D

#29: Now that is a Ki-Adi!

#32: And I thought the Saga Aayla was wicked!

#33: Looks like an ARC in updated armor.

#34: Early AT-AT Drivers?

#38: More ARCs!!!

#45: Looks like a young Mr Cushing. Could it be? My guess is yep yep.

#49: Looks like Super-ARC!!

#51: Rick McCallum? :eek:

#54: ARC of the Jungle?

General_Grievous
03-11-2005, 06:29 PM
Many of these figures look awesome. I knew the Utapau Warrior would look like Tion Medon.

Tarkin, Ask Aak, the Mon Calamari, the Wookiee Warrior, Commander Baccarra, the Neimoidian Warrior, and Pilot Obi Wan all look great!

Aw, hell, they all look great to me!

But is this a pull-out poster from the Insider?

Hellboy
03-11-2005, 06:30 PM
Yeah these do look great for the most part. I am however wondering if the Battle Droid pictured will be a new sturdier mold. Based on the pictures the Destroyer seems to be the same gimmicky Saga release which sucks so I wouldn't put it past Hasbro to do the same thing with the BD. Hope I'm wrong.

vadersvette
03-11-2005, 10:52 PM
When are figures 41-56 going to be released? :confused:

Tycho
03-12-2005, 03:20 AM
I'd still hope that they'd show an Anakin Fighter Pilot since the figures they are releasing (which I have loose now) do not fit in his vehicle!

Fluke Skywalker
03-12-2005, 03:41 AM
Glad to see the whole line so that I can start making plans for what I want. I was starting to wonder why Hasbro was keeping the last half dozen or so a secret. Looks like it wasn't finalized yet.

I was really surprised at how great the Utapauan Warrior looks. I had planned on passing that one up. The Obi-Wan Red leader looks good, but I'm worried about that cloak. Surely we'll get a figure that actually fits in their ship won't we?

Over all, I am most psyched about the various Clones. Hasbro has finally learned a valuable lesson. We love Clones!

Mr. JabbaJohnL
03-12-2005, 12:26 PM
#4: Looks like the AOTC SBD.
I know it has a similar arm gun, but I don't think it has the exploding body like the other one did. But I could be wrong.

#12: Looks like the crappy Saga Emperor again.
No, it's completely new. It shoots lightning from his right hand and holds his saber with his left. His hood is removable too, so it looks much better.

#21: Have we seen this Shaak Ti before, say Midnight Madness 2002?
No, no we haven't. She's completely new, with soft goods skirt and all.

#22: Is that a bit of a Mighty Grin(tm) I see?
Sorry to say, but . . . no. In person, he just has big red ugly lips, no grin whatsoever.

General_Grievous
03-12-2005, 12:32 PM
Pilot Obi-Wan's cloak looks to be removable. Kind of like a better, more realistic version of the "chocolate shell" cloak that was included with Episode 1 Mace and Power of the Jedi Obi-Wan.

Battle Droid
03-12-2005, 12:42 PM
The SBD looks to be the Deluxe AOTC Yoda one. (but with a removeable arm.)

Bosskman
03-12-2005, 01:12 PM
Yeah, I have the new SBD and it is the same as the one that came with the Saga Deluxe Yoda, only it has the same gimick as the Saga SBD.

Darth Grifter
03-12-2005, 01:37 PM
It's the rubber and metal of his bionic arm fused together from the lava. Here's a shot of the ungloved arm from the 12" Ultimate Vader and the pic of Mustafar Anakin.
thanks...now it makes more sense...

DarkArtist
03-12-2005, 02:30 PM
Just Picked Up The New Issue Of Lee's Toy Review. Has A Full Four Page Spread Of Some Of The New Rots Toys......nothing New But Still Pretty Cool. Has Two Covers One With Kenobi And One With Anakin. The Back Cover Has A Cool Ad For The Line As Well. :d

Kyle Katarn
03-12-2005, 03:05 PM
I liked all figures, some are specially nice...and I think that Anakin figure is kind of..."creepy"...

Bossk77
03-12-2005, 05:59 PM
Throw me a bone here.... I thought i saw a Fett helmet in that trailer, has anyone seen a toy shot of him in the mag? Oregon is so back water i wont see it till who knows when. It will be solo young in that pictue.

kool-aid killer
03-12-2005, 07:19 PM
Its so cool to see them all together like that, im practically drooling all over the keyboard while im holding my wallet, its going to be getting a lot thinner when these hit. There appears to be multiple army builder type guys too, kiss that money goodbye!

RussUAE
03-13-2005, 06:55 AM
No, it's completely new. It shoots lightning from his right hand and holds his saber with his left. His hood is removable too, so it looks much better.

The Emperor's hood comes off? Sweet. I hadn't heard that before. Anyone got pictures?

Mr. JabbaJohnL
03-13-2005, 01:52 PM
The Emperor's hood comes off? Sweet. I hadn't heard that before. Anyone got pictures?
http://www.rebelscum.com/photo.asp?image=http://www.rebelscum.com/ROTS/rots0512palpatinehoodless.jpg&text=<i>Revenge of the Sith</i> Emperor Palpatine

Here you go!

Bosskman
03-13-2005, 02:07 PM
The Emperor's hood does come off. I got him a few weeks ago at Walmart. All of the figures in coll 1 have gimicks but they are very hideable as opposed to the ones from AOTC. The only ones I don't have are Anakin and Vader (but I'm sure I'll get them on 2 apr, if they don't leak out before then)

vadersvette
03-13-2005, 02:18 PM

Rebelscum has some good pics, one with the hood off. Here's the link: http://www.rebelscum.com/article.asp?i=89606

EDIT: Sorry JabbaJohnL, didn't see your post! :nerv:

Revenge of the Sith
03-13-2005, 03:05 PM
This whole line looks fantastic. I love the detail on all of the figures.

Slicker
03-13-2005, 06:45 PM
Whoa!! Does Palpy's hair just fall out when he gets all old and wrinkly.

Man I could've sworn that he had a pony tail or something under there.;)

Please someone get that last joke.

mephisto designs
03-14-2005, 02:53 AM
the new Emperor does have hair sculpted on the back of his head, it just isn't really painted. Its sort of the same shade as the rest of him.

So are only the first 40 coming out on the 2nd? or all on the poster?

RussUAE
03-14-2005, 07:25 AM
Wow, thanks for that guys. Can't believe I totally missed the hood thing. Looks like he's having a very bad day in those shots!

He's my favourite character by far - may need to buy a couple of these Palpatines.

DarthQuack
03-14-2005, 11:12 AM
Does anyone have a high-res pic of this poster? The only links I've see are very blurred and not even of the whole poster. Thanks

sluray
03-14-2005, 02:40 PM
That is cool!

El Chuxter
03-23-2005, 01:10 PM
I got mine in the mail yesterday, and I think there's some Photoshop magic involved.

Remember how the early pics of the 12" VOTC Luke looked like the best 12" figure ever? That pig terd is still on clearance.

The cape on the Grievous at the bottom has some really unreal things going on in the shading.

Several characters on the top tier appear to be in improper perspective.

And the checklist specifies they're all 3.75", but it really looks like some (Ki-Adi, Sassy, and especially Vader) are really 12" figures that were shrunk down.

Anyone else noticed this? Or has anyone who's found them able to disprove my suspicions?

evenflow
03-23-2005, 03:50 PM
That is an awesome picture and most of the figures look awesome. I can't wait to get them in my hands.