PDA

View Full Version : Gonk Redux

Mike Troxell
08-20-2001, 12:55 PM
GONK!

Long live the holy Gonk thread of Power of the Jedi forums past!

Jargo
08-20-2001, 01:23 PM
GONK. GONK. GONK KO KYENGA SEE.

Starfig873
08-20-2001, 03:02 PM
GONK WILL SURVIVE! Yabba Dabba GONK!

evenflow
08-20-2001, 03:09 PM
Utinni

Mandalorian Candidat
08-20-2001, 03:14 PM
"I got your GONK right here." -Joe Pesci
"That's no GONK, that's a space station." -Alec Guiness
"It's a shame when people be throwing away a perfectly good GONK boy like that." -Black construction worker from 'Better Off GONK'
"I pity the GONK." -Inspector Collector, a.k.a. Mr. T
"Thank you, GONK again." -Apu N.
"Are you GONKing to me?" -Robert DeNiro
"Get your dirty paws off me you damn dirty GONK." -Charlton Heston
"Me GONK you long time." -Vietnamese hooker from 'Full Metal GONK'
"I did not have sexual relations with that GONK." -Anonymous deviant from Arkansas.

"All your GONK are belong to us."

badtaste
08-20-2001, 04:01 PM
Oh..my...GONK!!!

What are ou guy's gonking. I'm getting gonkers of you Gonks.

Gonked, BT

Lobito
08-20-2001, 05:47 PM
A girl says to his father:

Dad...i'm pregnant.

The father answers:

Beutiful...gonking beautiful!!!

master jedi
08-20-2001, 06:07 PM
Movie titles:

Gonk with the wind
Indiana Gonk
Gonkfinger
The Phantom Gonk
Star Gonks Episode Gonk: Attack of the Gonks

Starfig873
08-20-2001, 07:13 PM
God gave you that GONK to go GONK some GONKing GONKers!

Mike Troxell
08-20-2001, 07:21 PM
Exhibit Q: GONK

What is the significance? I DON'T KNOW!

BenQuad
08-20-2001, 08:23 PM
hmmm... GONK-padding :)

bigbarada
08-20-2001, 08:48 PM
"Eric, did you just say GONK?!"

"Yeah, what's the big GONKing deal? GONK, GONKity, GONK, GONK, GONK!"

BenQuad
08-20-2001, 08:55 PM
Like I said......

Mike Troxell
08-20-2001, 10:52 PM
Mr. Quad--no no no, you have it all wrong. We are not padding our posts--at least I'm not. If I were, I'd post lots and lots in other topics and at least try to remain relevant whereas, as you can see, I have no more than 20 posts to my good name as of now.

This topic was not made for post padding. It was made to celebrate the true Gonkyness of the almighty Gonk droid of legend. I'd bring up a link to the old-timey hit of the olden-forums called "GONK!" but I'm far too lazy.

And to the rest of you, who say "nay" to the naysayers, GONK

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

bigbarada
08-20-2001, 11:02 PM
Relevant? What's that?

Got your nose. GONK!:D

badtaste
08-21-2001, 01:13 AM
Originally posted by Lobito
A girl says to his father:

Dad...i'm pregnant.

The father answers:

Beutiful...gonking beautiful!!!

Was it a boy, or an girl, no..it was a GONK!

Eternal Padawan
08-21-2001, 01:42 AM
GONKS. Real gonks filmed in real situations...

"bad gonks. bad gonks. Whatcha gonna do? Whatcha gonna do when they Gonk for you..."

"All GONKS are innocent until proven gonky."

GNT
08-21-2001, 03:33 AM
GONK this man,The SSG Story is GONKing better than this!!! :D

Go read it!

TeeEye7
08-21-2001, 07:31 AM
(* Backed by the lilting strings of the orchestra, we hear the singer.........*)

'I'm in the mood for GONK, simply because I'm near youuuuu...'

BenQuad
08-21-2001, 07:37 AM
Attack of the GONKs - much better title

El Chuxter
08-21-2001, 12:53 PM
"In the beginning was the word, and the word was Gonk and the word was with Gonk." --Gonk 1:1

"Gonk hurts, Gonk scars, Gonk wounds and mars" --Nazareth

"Gonk is a battlefield" --Pat Benatar

"I wanna Gonk!" --Twisted Sister

"I find your lack of Gonk disturbing." --Darth Vader

Jargo
08-21-2001, 07:12 PM
I was just down in the gonking trading card section and JT was muttering about gonkin' shutting down the less than serious threads..... You think he'd gonkin' shut this gonkin' thread down?

bigbarada
08-21-2001, 07:21 PM
Geez, I didn't know we were supposed to be GONKing serious all the time. I thought we were here to have GONKing fun! If shutting down the fun threads is the result of having our posts counted, then I say get rid of the post-counters!

GNT
08-22-2001, 12:16 AM
GONKtricks is EVIL in my GONKing mind,Just Gonk!

JediTricks
08-22-2001, 08:33 AM
Jargo, I can speak for myself thank you, what I actually said about that closed thread was:
Hey, I tried to steer the conversation towards a REAL discussion about the cards, but nobody in there would have any part of that. SirSteve says threads are supposed to be about discussion, and not about post-padding, so I had to delete it. There's already like a dozen nonsense threads in the MISC section which are on the verge of being closed or deleted, the one here just happened to be in a non-MISC section.That's verbatim, that's why that thread was removed, it wasn't a discussion topic and it wasn't in MISC. I never said "serious", I only said they were supposed to be about discussion. In fact, that's what I was coming into this thread to say, you're encouraged to post stuff that isn't SW or doesn't fit in the other sections here in the MISC section, but please remember that a discussion forum is for discussion and with all this talk of post-padding lately, these nonsense threads really are just not about discussion and pushing the "post-padding" issue. I don't want to come down on you guys, but if you make it really bad or take it outside the MISC section, then the results will be closed or even possibly deleted threads.

Mike Troxell
08-22-2001, 10:41 AM
Yeah, but this is just ridiculous. If we can't have a little fun here on the forums without being accused of "post padding", then I'd rather the whole post count go out the window.

Mandalorian Candidat
08-22-2001, 11:06 AM
"Ask not what your GONK can do for you, but what you can do for your GONK." -JGONKK
"Hey, I'm a GONKer, not a fighter." -Rodney DanderGONK from GONK to School.
"Yippie kai-yay, motherGONKer." -Bruce Willis from GONK Hard
"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this GONK." -Ronnie Reagan
"I am the GONK." -GONK Lennon
"I could be the GONK, but I'd still have to bum a GONK to school." -GONK Bueller
"You're the GONK and I'm the cure." -GONK Stallone from Cobra
"Would you look at the size of that GONK." -Mark Hamill

JediTricks
08-22-2001, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by Mike Troxell
Yeah, but this is just ridiculous. If we can't have a little fun here on the forums without being accused of "post padding", then I'd rather the whole post count go out the window. Don't misunderstand me, I'm not closing it down, I'm just saying that if it becomes a place that's only about people typing "gonk" as a means to pad their posts, then it'd have to go. It's not even my issue, other forumites and SirSteve have said stuff about it, and as moderator I'm supposed to keep post-padding from being here.

These forums are about having fun, so have fun, not an aneurysm. ;)

El Chuxter
08-22-2001, 12:08 PM
Everybody chill. Gonk in your corner and gonk in your corner.

Can't we all just gonk along? --Gonkney King

master jedi
08-22-2001, 01:44 PM
Frankly, my dear, I don't give a gonk. -Rhett Butler

I see gonked people. - the kid off the 6th sense.

Use the gonk Luke. - Obi-Wan

Hokey religions and ancient gonks are no match for a good gonk at your side. - Han Solo

Rollo Tomassi
08-22-2001, 02:18 PM
JT, how come you removed the "I don't even collect the cards, but..." thread from the card section? Because it wasn't in Misc? if that was the case how did the other "other" section remain so rapantly silly for all those years? There wasn't a whole lot of "discussion" going on there either (except maybe discussing who Utinni was...) but you guys left that section unmolested, so why not this one? It's kind of like seeing tradition thrown out the window...I agree that the thread wasn't STRICTLY about cards, but that's what made it cool, kind of like a secret clubhouse for all the OBSESSIVE SSG posters who are in here day in and day out, making each other laugh and think about Star Wars. It wasn't so much about Star Wars as it was about SirStevesGuide to Star Wars. I think if you looked at it from that perspective, you'd let us have our fun in the Card section, or better yet, add an extra forum to the Cards/Books/games section and let us have out "secret clubhouse" back. It was all about the camraderie forged here in YOUR forums. Get it? Who's with me on this?

Jargo
08-22-2001, 02:41 PM
In actual fact JT, I was simply trying to imply that the Gonk section was in danger of falling into deletion territory. I'm all for a serious discussion if the thread calls for it. I wasn't trying to paint you as an ogre or an orc. I've tried not to post any superfluous drivel in this new forum system or pad my count for the sake of it.
Numbers don't matter to me as I can't count anyway. (I'm numerically illiterate) I take on board your request for moderation in the other sections but if a post inspires a response, whatever that may be i feel it is totally valid that a person should post a reply of the thought that comes upon them at that moment.
What I've always loved about SSG is the non peevish attitude taken by yourself and Sirsteve as opposed to other sites who I won't name but seem to delight in censorship and lofty attitudes.
I seriously hope that never happens here or there is bound to be a fast drop in membership.
And I know too well that you can speak for yourself JT and most erudite you are too. :)

BenQuad
08-22-2001, 06:01 PM
Hey, with regards to post-padding, I say (in the words of JT) - Feh

Humour is humour and I still get a laugh out of these.

BTW... can you grovel any lower Jargo? :p

BenQuad
08-22-2001, 06:02 PM
Nice post though, very sincere. :)

Jargo
08-22-2001, 06:15 PM
I never grovel BenQuad, merely reason. Grovelling is a concept so over-used by the little people, the commoners....

BenQuad
08-22-2001, 06:30 PM
Like I said..... very sincere. :)

GNT
08-23-2001, 01:08 AM
www.sirstevesGONK.com

www.sirGonksguide.com

www.SSGONK.com

JediTricks
08-23-2001, 02:46 AM
Rollo, one of the reasons we have these new forums is because the old forums only allowed 2 things - deletion and editing which lead to corrupted threads. Since I was the only one moderating but the moderator controls weren't working right, I had to inform SirSteve of each problem I saw, and he'd take care of it when he had the time. It became such a pain to fix the smaller problems there that I stopped reporting anything that wasn't a huge problem.

These are as much your forums as they are mine, I don't own this site; however since I'm moderating them and you're not, it's up to me to make judgement calls about this stuff all the time. I am sorry you disagree with my call, but I am not the master of this site, that's SirSteve, I am just helping him out by following his rules as I understand them. If you want a special club-house, I suggest one of these threads in MISC, ask SirSteve for one, or create a "Collectors Club" so you can blabbity blah blah your silliness at each other AND help each other acquire goodies at the same time (like we do in the MM section). If it was up to me, I would never read the Cards section again, I have no interest in the Trading Cards or the CCG, but since I'm the only mod of that section right now, that means I'm responsible for it when I answer to SirSteve, and his rules are how it is.

Jargo, I'm sorry if I misunderstood what your intentions were, there have been a lot of little nasty comments about me and my moderator skills over the past few days, so it did seem to me like another post trying to paint me as an "ogre" and I responded in kind. I think you can see where I might get the impression though, especially reading some of the other comments about me right under it. Bel-cam has the thread in question on his HD so it's not "lost", and now you guys know that until SirSteve changes his mind about the "off-topic thread" issue, that this sort of thread goes here in MISC.

GNT
08-23-2001, 02:57 AM
Originally posted by JediTricks
Jargo, I'm sorry if I misunderstood what your intentions were, there have been a lot of little nasty comments about me and my moderator skills over the past few days, so it did seem to me like another post trying to paint me as an "ogre" and I responded in kind.

Your not an "Ogre" JT What am I saying?

Mike Troxell
08-23-2001, 11:47 AM
JT: I hope you didn't find my post as some sort of rant or angry diatribe against you. I just think the whole "post padding" thing is being taken much too far.

That and the card section has been knocked down to a section where...gasp!...people have to talk about cards! For shame! :D

JediTricks
08-24-2001, 06:32 AM
Originally posted by Mike Troxell
JT: I hope you didn't find my post as some sort of rant or angry diatribe against you. I just think the whole "post padding" thing is being taken much too far.

That and the card section has been knocked down to a section where...gasp!...people have to talk about cards! For shame! :D I actualy did take it a little that way, but I know you're a good guy Trox, so I left it open. I agree, the idea of post padding and the concern over it are both silliness to a degree, but some folks take their rank quite seriously and don't like the idea of seeing folks get a higher rank by cheating, and it's my gig to watch for that.

As for the Trading Cards section, it's a sad, empty place right now, but soon... it'll be pretty much the same. ;) I actually am interested in seeing what folks say about modern trading cards, but nobody ever does.

GNT
08-24-2001, 06:46 AM
Originally posted by JediTricks
As for the Trading Cards section, it's a sad, empty place right now, but soon... it'll be pretty much the same. ;) I actually am interested in seeing what folks say about modern trading cards, but nobody ever does.

LOL...You might as well close the Trading card section,like anybody is actually going to talk about cards,ha!

BenQuad
08-27-2001, 10:26 AM
Couldn't give a GONK about trading cards.

Why does no one actually want to discuss them anyway?

Mike Troxell
08-27-2001, 03:20 PM
Probably because no one truly gives a GONK about them.

GONK Hard with a Vengeance!

JediTricks
08-28-2001, 06:43 AM
I'm half-convinced I should rename this thread "Smurf Redux", then just edit all the posts replacing the word "Gonk" with... well, you know. ;)

Starfig873
08-28-2001, 06:47 AM
Ooh! Smurfs! Their ever so cute n'cuddly and I could hold one and pet him and pet him some more...oh I want a Smurf George!:D

Jargo
08-28-2001, 08:39 AM
YES, YES! Give in to the dark side JT and abuse your trusted position as moderator! Of course, you'll probably feel like sith afterwards.... did I spell that right? :p

BenQuad
08-28-2001, 05:54 PM
C'mon Jargo give the guy a break it is his Gonkday afterall. :)

Jargo
08-28-2001, 06:06 PM
Hmmmm, I guess I could be a little less insistent perhaps....

Anyone come across a sound clip of the Gonk line from ANH anywhere? I'm wanting to use it as my System start-up sound instead of the godawful cocophony that currently blares out provided by the manufacturers of my sound card. I don't really want to have to record the CT version as it sounds poo.

GONK!

Rollo Tomassi
08-29-2001, 08:33 AM
And then replace all Smurfs with GONK! So if you had a line like:

"Smurfity GONK! GONK! Smurf GONK! Smurf Smurf GONKITY!"

it would come out like:

"GONKITY Smurf Smurf GONK! Smurf GONK! GONK! Smurfity!"

Do it! Yeah! Do it do it!!!

GNT
08-30-2001, 01:32 AM
Bounty Hunter GONK rules these GONKums with so much GONK in his GONK so GONK you very much,GONK!

Taichi
05-24-2002, 04:59 PM
GONK!

Eternal Padawan
05-25-2002, 08:46 AM
Oh no. Taichi has spent countless days in that barren wasteland beyond the front page of the Miscalaneous section to bring us this last remnant from the Old Forums. Soon moderators will swoop in and close this last thread as they did the "S" threads and all the other pointless, yet fun shenannigans and goings on. So I bid you adieu, fair GONK! thread. may you live in our hearts and minds forever.

GONK!

Starfig873
05-25-2002, 12:18 PM
Shouldn't we at least be allowed a 21 GONK salute? :cry:

:)