PDA

View Full Version : What Happened To The Clone Wars Dvd

DarkArtist
03-12-2005, 07:26 PM
I just to five stores looking for the clone wars dvd to find not one. Finally at best buy the sales associate said that they were ordered to remove all copies from their shelves and ship them back to the company that released the dvd and that no new date was set as to the new release. Anyone have any info on this. are they going to put the 3rd season on the new set, maybe more about ROTS. :confused: :confused: :confused:

Beast
03-12-2005, 08:15 PM
I haven't heard anything about a recall. The DVD hasn't even been released yet, and won't be until March 22nd. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

DarkArtist
03-12-2005, 10:52 PM
It was orginally to be released on March 10th but has been recalled. According to the staff at Best Buy the DVD was not completed yet ??????

James Boba Fettfield
03-12-2005, 10:54 PM
:confused:

I got an email from deepdiscountdvd.com saying they shipped my copy so that it would arrive on or close to the March 22 release date. No recalls that I'm aware of.

EDIT-I just checked that email, it was for Ray Bradbury Theater they shipped to me, not Clone Wars. Absent mind on my part.

But anyway, I'm still not seeing anything about a March 10 release date or a recall. It's been March 22 date for a while now, no idea where you got this March 10 release from. The DVD is set to release the week the new Clone Wars cartoons debut. Just wait until the 22, then go check the stores. Guarantee they have them then.

Beast
03-12-2005, 11:05 PM
Exactly. It's always been March 22nd. The same day that E1 and E2 go back onto the market from being out of production for a while. The 10th isn't even a Tuesday, which is when movies are released. I think someone is giving you some BS information, because there has been no information about recalls from any of the DVD sites. Many of which already have their review copies in hand of the final product. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Rocketboy
03-12-2005, 11:07 PM
Not sure where you got March 10th from. As far as I know it's always been the 22nd.
Besides, the 10th was Thursday. DVDs are released on Tuesdays.

2-1B
03-12-2005, 11:50 PM
Maybe the 10th was confused with the Trailer release date for ROTS ?

Just a thought. I haven't heard anything about a recall, for what it's worth. And that would be absolutely worth nothing because if JJB and JBF haven't heard about something DVD related, then there's no way I've heard about it. :D

El Chuxter
03-16-2005, 03:11 PM
It being Best Buy, they probably didn't know their heads from their butts. I hate that store.

JEDIpartner
03-16-2005, 03:32 PM
I hate them as well. I've always had the 22nd marked on my calendar. *shrug*

As far as Best Buy saying it was recalled 'cos it wasn't done... how do you recalll something that isn't even out? It's called "changing the street date"... idiots.

James Boba Fettfield
03-16-2005, 09:14 PM
Okay . . . I can now say that DeepDiscountDVD has sent me the email about Clone Wars shipping. My earlier statement made in above post is now true. Now arrive on Saturday, come early my sweet.

Jayspawn
03-17-2005, 01:36 AM
Ok DarkArtist, no offense to your source, but Best Buy employees the biggest Morons in the retail business. I never go to that store and the reason is because everytime I do, none of the employees have any idea what I'm talking about. Some of my favorite Best Buy responses include...

"Yeah it looks like we just dont have it."

"How do you spell that?"

"Star Wars, like the movie? Is that two words?"

"They made a DVD of that?"

"Aaaah, yeah it came out today -but its still in the back." (having been open at least 5 hours into the day -items unstocked)

"Its on sale in the paper, but not in the store."

I could go on!

bobafrett
03-17-2005, 08:36 AM
The Wal-Mart where I work got a nice pallet display with 2 sets of 3 repack clone wars figures (DVD sold sepretely) and it also has the EPI DVD's, didn't see EPII and the Clone Wars DVD's but with a sign and release street date of March 22nd, so close I can taste it!

Oh, and the pallet is in the backroom, not on the sales floor, and not even I can buy the DVD before 3/22/05.

Rocketboy
03-17-2005, 03:53 PM
I've never had a problem at my Best Buy. In fact, the last time I checked, they still have the Episodes I and II DVDs on the shelf.

Circuit City on the other hand...

scruffziller
03-20-2005, 07:18 AM
I could go on!

Please do!!!!!!!!!!:D

Hellboy
03-20-2005, 04:49 PM
It being Best Buy, they probably didn't know their heads from their butts. I hate that store.

Yeah I pretty much refuse to buy anything from them, especially DVDs because of their stupid return policy. A year or so ago I purchased a defective horror DVD from them and tried to return it for another copy but they were out of stock on the title. Instead of giving me an in-store credit or a refund they refused to do anything because I no longer had my receipt and it was more than 30 days from the date of purchase. I could see their point if I was trying to get another movie but all I wanted was a playable copy of the movie I had in hand. It wasn't my fault the title was a bit obscure and they only carried a limited amount of them in their stores. So basically what their policy is saying is that if you don't watch every movie you buy from them within 30 days you're screwed if it ends up being defective and they don't have any more copies to replace it with. I know personally I have many movies that I buy but don't get around to watching for months so I stopped doing buisness with them unless I have no other choice.

As far as the Clone Wars DVD goes though I read in Entertainment Weekly that the bonus features are a bit weak but the Episode III trailer is in fact on the disk. That was the first I'd heard of that, hopefully it will be the full theatrical trailer released this month and not just the teaser.

Beast
03-20-2005, 05:17 PM
Circut City has the Clone Wars DVD and E1 and E2 for 11.99 this Tuesday. :)
Best Buy wants 12.99 for the Clone Wars DVD, and E1 and E2 arn't in the ad.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Rocketboy
03-20-2005, 08:45 PM
As far as the Clone Wars DVD goes though I read in Entertainment Weekly that the bonus features are a bit weak but the Episode III trailer is in fact on the disk. That was the first I'd heard of that, hopefully it will be the full theatrical trailer released this month and not just the teaser.From the reviews I've read, it seems to be the first trailer unfortunately.
Too bad though, it would have been great timing to put it on there, but with all the advance prep time a DVD needs, I can see why it isn't. Plus, with all the reviews of the disc out there, the trailer would have more than likely been leaked before it's television premiere.

El Chuxter
03-21-2005, 07:33 PM
I seriously doubt anyone will beat Circuit City's price of $11.99. :eek:

bobafrett
03-21-2005, 09:51 PM
I put $5 down at Suncoast, but only because the girl behind the counter was cute, and she gave me a SW promo item. I'll have to pick it up tomorrow night.

El Chuxter
03-23-2005, 03:09 PM
I've not seen any reports of Easter eggs, but on a whim I tried the old "11, then 3, then 8 on the Options menu." It worked, bringing up the DVD credits. (Sadly, no bloopers.) I've not been able to find any other hidden goodies; has anyone else?

gsr-jedi
03-23-2005, 10:01 PM
I put $5 down at Suncoast, but only because the girl behind the counter was cute, and she gave me a SW promo item. I'll have to pick it up tomorrow night.

That's always the way it works.

Rocketboy
03-23-2005, 10:49 PM
I've not seen any reports of Easter eggs, but on a whim I tried the old "11, then 3, then 8 on the Options menu." It worked, bringing up the DVD credits. (Sadly, no bloopers.) I've not been able to find any other hidden goodies; has anyone else?That was the only one I found also. I got excited when I saw it actually work - only to get credits. Pretty disappointing.

scruffziller
03-24-2005, 10:06 AM
My Wal-Mart still hasn't put them out.:(

Kidhuman
03-24-2005, 10:23 AM
Mine sold out in a few hours, didnt even get to see it in person.

Slicker
03-24-2005, 01:34 PM
I've seen the DVD at several places most notably WM. I also saw it at Suncoast and I believe Target. For some reason I still haven't bought it even though I still haven't seen episodes 11-20. It's only $15 but for some reason I can't bring myself to pay for it.

Mandalorian Candidat
03-25-2005, 11:03 AM
I've seen the DVD at several places most notably WM. I also saw it at Suncoast and I believe Target. For some reason I still haven't bought it even though I still haven't seen episodes 11-20. It's only $15 but for some reason I can't bring myself to pay for it.

It's been reported on SSG that Circuit City is selling it for $12, Best Buy and Shopko for $13.

plasticfetish
03-26-2005, 07:18 AM
It's been reported on SSG that Circuit City is selling it for $12Picked mine up at Circuit City today for $11.99 -- very nice! It's great to watch all of it edited together as one show. Some nice extras (game previews, etc.) and we get to see the teaser trailer in better detail.

I'm mighty anxious to get a "volume two" now.