PDA

View Full Version : NERDSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!! remix

Kidhuman
03-13-2005, 01:00 AM
They are planning toremake thie Revenge of the Nerds Classic.... why God why?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0426560/

James Boba Fettfield
03-13-2005, 09:02 AM
This could lead to a better edition of the original being released on dvd. I'm all for this remake if it leads to that.

JediTricks
03-13-2005, 08:32 PM
Why? Because the studio system has destroyed Hollywood, creating a bankruptcy of ideas. It's not that there aren't tons of great new ideas, it's that the corporate mentality generally keeps them from being produced these days. It's safer to bet on a proven winner than to put the money on the long-odds nag.

General_Grievous
03-13-2005, 09:20 PM
I also saw on imdb that they are remaking "The Bad News Bears" with Billy Bob Thornton.

IS NOTHING SACRED??!!

2-1B
03-14-2005, 04:43 AM
I'm hoping for a cameo by Donald Gibb, the original :Ogre: from the first flick.

And Booger, if he can pry himself away from doing more thoughtful films like "Ray." ;)

Hellboy
03-14-2005, 03:41 PM
Meh . . . some films just shouldn't be remade IMO and this is a perfect example. The original was relevant and funny because it took place during the eighties when nerds were considered outcasts and I just don't think thats the case as much today. I suppose the remake could take place in the past but even if it did they'd just be reahashing the same material and who wants to see that? I just don't see this film translating well into a believable modern day story. I'll pass. :stupid: