PDA

View Full Version : lucas on 60 minutes.

hango fett
03-13-2005, 06:53 PM
i just saw this and thought i would say my take on it.
i am very happy about how he fielded the questions and how he said that he knows that the majority hateded I and II. and for him to say that he could cut back to make it PG but won't thrills me to no end.
rock on, george.
HF

Exhaust Port
03-13-2005, 06:54 PM
Nice interview, nothing very insightful but still a nice interview.

Slicker
03-13-2005, 06:58 PM
The on thing that I did notice though was when they were messing around with the digital pictures and they were moving what appeared to be a mouse droid around on the screen. Tycho will be thrilled with this one.:D

hango fett
03-13-2005, 07:14 PM
yeah, i saw that too. then the part with obi and ani matching thier skills, it seems, was pretty cool. probablly right before the big fight...
HF

bobafrett
03-13-2005, 09:39 PM
Did anyone record it? I neglected to set my VCR to record it, and was out bowling when I saw a small part of the interview on the TV at the bowling alley.

Fluke Skywalker
03-13-2005, 09:49 PM
I didn't expect much in the way of footage, but was plesantly wrong. I loved the Mouse Droid and especially the twirling sabers. R2 VS the Buzz droids was neat too.

I was glad too when GL said he didn't feel like pulling back to get it to PG. Personally, I think the MPAA may sleep through it and slap a PG on it because it's SW.

General_Grievous
03-13-2005, 11:20 PM
From a certain point of view, the Original Trilogy was PG-13 also. Because back then, PG was the equivalent of what PG-13 is today. Think about it. Jaws was PG back in 1975. If it were released in 2005, it would surely get a PG-13 rating. But I think that "Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom" was the first movie to get a PG-13, if I'm not mistaken.

But anyway, I watched the 60 Minutes interview also, and the footage that showed the computer model of Grievous was a bit strange. He walked like he had a broomstick up his ***.

The buzz droids and the lightsaber twirling were really cool. Also Yoda telling Obi-Wan that he'll be able to find Anakin. That was really the only new footage that wasn't in the trailer.

Kidhuman
03-14-2005, 12:01 AM
I tought it was cool. Not too much in the way of spoilers. I am glad he said he isnt pulling back or editing down for a better rating.

Slicker
03-14-2005, 02:41 AM
That's the one good/bad thing that I've noticed about Lucas. He doesn't really bow down to anyone's wishes. These are his movies and he isn't gonna let anyone tell him different. I'm sure he'll get fined by the film association for not having credits at the beginning of this film too but he wants the beginning to be like it is and he isn't gonna let them tell him how to do his movie.

2-1B
03-14-2005, 04:51 AM
I enjoyed the segment, except that I thought Les-lie Stahl was a bit annoying. Nice to see those new clips from the movie.

I wish I was adopted by Lucas, talk about hitting the lottery. :D

hango fett
03-14-2005, 06:15 AM
it's just a good thing lucas owns his own companies and all, or he would have to bow to their wishes. and yes, i would love to be lucas's son.....i would have seen the movie by now!
HF

The 'Xir
03-14-2005, 06:41 AM
I was dying to see this, and DOH!!! I had some many things going on today, I missed it completely! :( Hopefully they'll air it again(unlikely) or someone will put it up on the web! plllleeazzz! :D

Elliejabbapop
03-14-2005, 07:33 AM
Yes, somebody put it up pleeeeeeeease!!!!!!!!!!

aceguide
03-14-2005, 08:57 AM
It was a very good interview and there were several clips from the trailer that seemed to have an extra second or two attached. The twirling sabers was awesome.

I can't believe the size of the new Presidio compound. Holy Smokes! :crazed:

hango fett
03-14-2005, 09:19 AM
yeah, when they show obi-wan jumping on to the rail on mustafar, they started to move the camera angles a bit. giveing a wider shot.
HF

Rocketboy
03-14-2005, 10:09 AM
From a certain point of view, the Original Trilogy was PG-13 also. Because back then, PG was the equivalent of what PG-13 is today. Think about it. Jaws was PG back in 1975. If it were released in 2005, it would surely get a PG-13 rating. But I think that "Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom" was the first movie to get a PG-13, if I'm not mistaken.I'm still surprised that AOTC was only PG, with the numerous beheadings and and deaths.

. I'm sure he'll get fined by the film association for not having credits at the beginning of this film too but he wants the beginning to be like it is and he isn't gonna let them tell him how to do his movie.I think Lucas dropped out of the director's guild before Empire was made because they told him he had to put the credits at the beginning (they let it slide with ANH). He gave them the single finger salute and dropped out.

bobafrett
03-14-2005, 11:15 AM

Yes, I know the feeling. I saw on the news the other day that Forbes magazine released a list of the top 50 billionares, and Lucas was worth more than Oprah! I think he was worth 3 BILLION dollars, now that's a lot of action figure money right there! :greedy: What does he have, two adopted daughters? I think it's time to get a few males in the mix!

Mr. JabbaJohnL
03-14-2005, 12:12 PM
Yes, I know the feeling. I saw on the news the other day that Forbes magazine released a list of the top 50 billionares, and Lucas was worth more than Oprah! I think he was worth 3 BILLION dollars, now that's a lot of action figure money right there! :greedy: What does he have, two adopted daughters? I think it's time to get a few males in the mix!
He has two daughters, and one son. His son played Zett Jukassa in AOTC (library scene) and in ROTS (he gets an action figure!!!).

I taped this, but I'm not going to watch it until after the film comes out. Sometimes when I see movie clips before I see the movie, it ruins that part. Even if it's small.

stillakid
03-14-2005, 01:59 PM
I enjoyed the segment, except that I thought Les-lie Stahl was a bit annoying. Nice to see those new clips from the movie.

If you happen to be a young hot Playmate, you might be in luck.

The 'Xir
03-14-2005, 02:30 PM
From what I remember they're a little on the portly side! However, I think one if not both are comming of legal age!!! Screw getting adopted, I think it's time to move to Marin County California! ;) :crazed: :D As long as I don't have to be neighbors with John Madden, it'll all be good!!! ;) Don't worry I won't forget all my whittle fweinds with all their whittle dreams, you'll all be invited to the wedding(s)! :D DAD!!! :beard: :cool:

hango fett
03-14-2005, 03:09 PM
good luck with that, 'Xir. i think one is 23, the other in her late teens and the boy is 13. i think.
HF

The 'Xir
03-14-2005, 03:44 PM
Oh Coool! Even better! I thought they were younger and I was gonna have to push THAT envelope! but now it's just all the easier! ;) :evil: :crazed:

General_Grievous
03-14-2005, 04:49 PM
Apparently Lucas adopted Shamu, because that's what the younger girl looks like! :D :p

Just kidding.

hango fett
03-14-2005, 05:02 PM
i think i remeber seeing her in the making of TPM. she was kinda heavy-set back then, as well. probablly just genetics.
HF

General_Grievous
03-14-2005, 05:29 PM
Genetics my foot! Both of the daughters, as well as George, seem to be pretty big eaters as seen on 60 Minutes when they were making that huge meal in the kitchen. The only reason the son isn't fat is because he seems to be really physically active.

I don't even know why I'm still on this subject...

hango fett
03-14-2005, 06:12 PM
m either...i was just adding to your observations..
i think they can afford to eat that much, so let them eat in peace :rolleyes:
HF

Rocketboy
03-14-2005, 10:12 PM
One of his daughters in also in AOTC. She's the kinda chubby Twilek (Orange if I remember correctly) in the Outlander club. She's the one that seems to take a long look at Anakin as he and Obi-Wan walk through the club.

The 'Xir
03-14-2005, 10:26 PM
...Big Bottom! Big Bottom! If your looking for pound cake, my girls' gott'em!

...Fat Bottom girls you make the rockin' world go round! get on your speeders and ride boys!

Let's see who can spot that first quoted lyric! Second one's easy! :stupid:

General_Grievous
03-14-2005, 10:48 PM
:speech: :ermm: I just really hope nobody from Lucasfilm/ Lucas' family is reading this right now.:nerv:

2-1B
03-15-2005, 02:23 AM
Jeez guys, take it easy on those kids. Girls have it hard enough with their self esteem at that age, no need to pile on like that.

Let's see who can spot that first quoted lyric!

Spinal Tap, and the lyric actually goes "Talk about bum cakes, my girl's got 'em."

seanmcfripp
03-15-2005, 08:35 AM
Jeez guys, take it easy on those kids. Girls have it hard enough with their self esteem at that age, no need to pile on like that.

Spinal Tap, and the lyric actually goes "Talk about bum cakes, my girl's got 'em."

The bigger the cushion, the sweeter the pushin'
That's what I said
The looser the waistband, the deeper the quicksand
Or so I have read

My baby fits me like a flesh tuxedo
I'd like to sink her with my pink torpedo

Big bottom, big bottom
Talk about bum cakes, my girl's got 'em
Big bottom drive me out of my mind
How could I leave this behind?

I met her on Monday, twas my lucky bun day
You know what I mean
I love her each weekday, each velvety cheek day
You know what I mean

My love gun's loaded and she's in my sights
Big game is waiting there inside her tights, yeah

Big bottom, big bottom
Talk about mud flaps, my girl's got 'em
Big bottom drive me out of my mind
How could I leave this behind?

And remember, three bass parts are running concurrently on this tune: David St. Hubbins on rhythm bass, Nigel Tufnel on lead bass, and Derek Smalls on bass (double-neck BC Rich). That's whole lotta low end.

2-1B
03-15-2005, 10:57 AM
And after Nigel quit the band, Viv Savage on the keys had to fill in with a bass line like Nigel played. ;)

The 'Xir
03-16-2005, 03:27 PM
YEEAAAA!!!!!!!!! :beard: to the both of ya!!!

Ahh, ya just gotta love the classics! :p :cool:

seanmcfripp
03-16-2005, 04:26 PM
And after Nigel quit the band, Viv Savage on the keys had to fill in with a bass line like Nigel played. ;)

Well of course...he's got two hands ya know. :D

El Chuxter
03-16-2005, 04:40 PM
I could quote a similar verse from "SEX!" by Frank Zappa, but I doubt it's entirely appropriate for these boards. And, in any case, fat jokes aren't very nice.

Someone brought up how the OT would be PG-13 by today's standards. I happen to agree with that. Wasn't Indiana Jones & the Temple of Doom one of the big reasons we have the PG-13 rating today?

And way back in the 60s, Charlton Heston's booty in Planet of the Apes still rated a 'G'! And yet the brief second of whatsherface topless in Romeo & Juliet stuck that film with an 'R' for years. (Schools had such a problem showing an 'R' movie in English classes that at some point it was re-submitted and got a more kid-friendly rating.)

stillakid
03-16-2005, 11:00 PM
ISomeone brought up how the OT would be PG-13 by today's standards. I happen to agree with that. Wasn't Indiana Jones & the Temple of Doom one of the big reasons we have the PG-13 rating today?

It was the reason for PG-13. I do remember sitting in a theater watching ROTJ with a bunch of little kids and feeling a bit uncomfortable as the 5 year olds got upset when the Ewoks got snuffed out.

seanmcfripp
03-17-2005, 04:50 PM
I could quote a similar verse from "SEX!" by Frank Zappa, but I doubt it's entirely appropriate for these boards. And, in any case, fat jokes aren't very nice.

Fat jokes aren't nice at all, but here it goes anyway:

Some girls try it 'n go on a diet,
Then they worry cause they's too fat
Who wants tride on a ironin' board?
That aint no fun...i tried me one

Grow that meat all over yer bones
Work the wall with the local jones
'n while you do it, remember this line
The sniffer says it all the time

"The bigger the cushion, the better the pushin
The bigger the cushion, the better the pushin
The bigger the cushion, the better the pushin
The bigger the cushion..."

The Man From Utopia is one of the coolest album covers ever! A buff FZ crunching the neck of a strat while violently saluting with a fly swatter...what more could you ask for?

Ok, ok. No more references to odes of junk in the trunk.