PDA

View Full Version : Will there be a Qui Gon Jinn Figure for Ep 3?

Bossk77
03-14-2005, 12:19 AM
I am not to zealous on Spoiler reading... but We all heard that Liam went in to do something for Ep 3. I assume it is the Spirit gig. But i would love a Quigon Figure that you could put on top of your pencil as Maul made possible. Or might we be in for the 2 point of articualtion Ghost figure? Also has anyone heard if the Transosian race makes an appearence in Ep 3 since they sold the wookies into slavery according to Lucas.

DarkArtist
03-14-2005, 07:59 AM
I also heard that rumor about liam doing something for ROTS but a figure of him would be awesome. Even if they make him similar to the OTC spirit of Obi Wan. :)

General_Grievous
03-14-2005, 04:30 PM
Dunno what the "Transosian" race is, but I'm assuming you mean Trandoshans. No, they don't appear in ROTS.

jedi master sal
03-15-2005, 07:06 PM
Well, IF Liam is in the movie (and all accounts point in that direction), if they don't make a figure, you can always use the Holographic one from EPI. That's my plan if he's in and a fig isn't made.

As for the Trandoshans, don't speak so quickly. There has been no proof to show whether or not Bossk's race will be in EPIII.

As for the idea that they will sell them into slavery, we in all likelyhood will not be seeing that in the movie. The timing for the slavery of the Wookiees is a bit later than the events of ROTS.

Bossk77
03-15-2005, 11:39 PM
I like the Qui gon character and would like to see Liam back, but it is the lameness of the possable plot twist it will involve that scares me. No more voice overs please. Call it a bad hunch but Boba Fett will have a lame cameo appearence as well.

Slicker
03-16-2005, 02:50 AM
I wouldn't really mind seeing Qui-Gon's ghost guide Obi-Wan in the same way that Ben guided Luke possibly telling that Ani has become twisted and evil.

jedi master sal
03-16-2005, 01:41 PM
Possible Spoiler!
Qui-gon supposedly briefly instructs Yoda and Obi how to maintain a relative physical appearance even after death. One rumor has it that he only instructs Yoda who then teaches Obi. Either way, this could be a nice little surprise near the end of the movie, so that it ties it in that much better with the OT. If not true, well then you have to ask yourself, what else? As mentioned the voice-over thing has already been done.
.Spoiler over.
-Sal

Kidhuman
03-16-2005, 11:10 PM
There better be....

Bossk77
03-19-2005, 10:34 PM
I would like to think that there is more to it than that. I think that would be a pretty weak way to involve him, however quite plausable.

evenflow
03-23-2005, 09:18 AM
Well I really hope he comes back in spirit form. I already have the Episode I holographis figure which fits in for the spirit if it happens, but I would love to see an updated version.

ndjedi
03-23-2005, 04:29 PM
According to the comic book adaptation to ROTS Qui-Gon does return at the end of the movie to talk with Yoda on how to gain Immortal life, or becoming one with the force. I found the comic book last week for $12.95. Here is the excert from the book MAJOR SPOILER:

The remote asteroid station of Polis Massa...
Yoda: "Failed to stop the Sith Lord, I have. Still MUCH to learn, there is...
Qui-Gon Jinn: "With my help you will be able to merge with the force at will."
Yoda: "Eternal life..."
Qui-Gon Jinn: "The ability to defy death CAN be achieved, but only for oneself. A Shaman of the Whills discovered the secret--But it will never be accomplished by a Sith Lord. It is a state acquired through Compassion not Greed."
Yoda: "A Great Jedi Master you have become, Qui-Gon Jinn. Your APPRENTICE I gratefully become."

It only really shows Yoda talking to Qui-Gon and it does not have a drawing or picture of Qui-Gon's spirit on the comic book. So hopefully in the movie Qui-Gon's spirit will be seen talking to Yoda as well!
YES, I think Hasbro will make a figure of Qui-Gon Jinn later in the year for ROTS.