PDA

View Full Version : Official Midnight Madness Thread

SirSteve
03-14-2005, 12:54 AM
I keep getting asked about which stores will have the Midnight Madness so until an official list if available, if anyone has verified their local Wal-Mart or Toy's "R" Us will be having midnight madness, post it here.

Kidhuman
03-14-2005, 08:53 AM
On 4/2 and 4/3 WM is having a huge SW Tent sale in Radford Va. Dont quite know about MM just yet. But they have done it inthe past

Jedi_Master_Guyute
03-14-2005, 10:09 AM
The Wally world here in Athens OH is doing midnight madness. One of the toy folks told me they were scheduled to come in early and rope everything off and stock, etc etc. I'll post more about Dayton-area stores once i get hunting next week on my spring break. :D

General_Grievous
03-14-2005, 04:57 PM
Just called my local TRU...they will be open for MM. I'll be there early enough. How early do you think I should get there? Is anywhere from 1-2 hours before midnight a good time?

Turbowars
03-14-2005, 05:57 PM
1-2 hours is fine if you want to be at the end of a long line. In my neck of the woods you need to be there in the morning to get a good spot in line.

Joshkj
03-14-2005, 06:02 PM
I talked to someone at my TRU and thhey didnt even know whaat is was, ill try againn though .

General_Grievous
03-14-2005, 06:16 PM
1-2 hours is fine if you want to be at the end of a long line. In my neck of the woods you need to be there in the morning to get a good spot in line.

Thankfully, I don't think my store is anywhere near that hectic. Nevertheless, I'll still go at around closing time for the TRU (around 9-9:30) and wait there.

Turbowars
03-14-2005, 07:31 PM
I talked to someone at my TRU and thhey didnt even know whaat is was, ill try againn though .That's usually the case with all the employees with everything that goes on at TRU. I'd be surprised if they knew their managers name let alone their own.

DarkArtist
03-16-2005, 07:16 AM
Checked with the Walmart by me in Old Bridge and they said that they would not be opening at midnight but are having some kind of huge party on April 2 and 3. Almost all of the TRU are going to be open at midnight though. Just have to go there first and hit Walmart in the morning the next day. :)

CaptainSolo1138
03-16-2005, 07:37 AM
I'm assuming that the TRU in Saginaw, MI will be hosting a MM as they have in the past. What you don't find there can be picked up at Wal-Mart and Meijer, both 24-hour stores who seem to put there stuff out in the middle of the night.

JediBoulton
03-16-2005, 08:38 AM
Just a quick question -- I know this has been asked before -- and I should pay more attention -- but hey -- Fire ME !!

When is MM exactly ??

April 1 at 00:00 going to the morning of April 2 ??

Sorry to be such an idiot :crazed:

Kidhuman
03-16-2005, 08:44 AM
Yes, on 04/01/05 stores will pack out merch. At midnight, when they day changes, the free for all begins....

fandunn
03-16-2005, 11:11 AM
i was in the tru in Times Square and they had a poster up promoting the midnight event. They can't give out details yet but the poster has an 800 number that you can call to find out if your local tru is having MM. The number is like 1800 toysrus or somthing. The one in Carle Place, NY is definitely doing it.

Slicker
03-16-2005, 04:25 PM
This master list of stores doing MM was on TFN. Is your store in here? (http://theforce.net/latestnews/story/Toys_R_Us_Midnight_Madness_Master_List_90372.asp)

El Chuxter
03-16-2005, 04:45 PM
Yes, in fact, both of the local TRU stores are. And they're always deserted, too. This could be very cool.

Did we ever get any confirmation regarding the Holo Vader and Yoda, specifically how to get them?

Slicker
03-16-2005, 04:47 PM
Chux, the only I'm certain of is the Vader. He's gonna be at Target at 8 am for the first 30 or 40 people. You'll get a ticket, then go to the toy department, then you'll have to pay I think $13 for him. If you ask me it's a rip.

CrunchyNug
03-16-2005, 05:22 PM
WOW - that's a lot of stores!!! In my area, I'll have 5 to choose from. Now I wonder which one will be the least crowded...

Joshkj
03-16-2005, 06:30 PM
I just found out 4 TRU's i didnt evenn knnow about lol from the MM list

And whhats that force days WM is doing?????

Joshkj
03-16-2005, 06:41 PM
Ive also learned that TRU has the worstt hold times...ever.

Here is where im going(and yes all of them...):

1240 Auto Parkway So
Escondido, CA 92029
(760) 747-4975(this number has to be wrong, you get some persons ansering machine withh some phycotic kids screaming in the backround)

****2425 Vista Way
Oceanside, CA 92054
(760) 439-7944****
And seriously dont go to either one of these, My friends and I are lineing up at 4...yes 4.

CrossWizard
03-16-2005, 08:55 PM
That list sure is odd, according to it all of my local TRUs are taking part in Midnight Madness. Something tells me that the list is either not exactly accurate or it's just listing every TRU store in the US, and that some of those will not be participating.

Darth Alex
03-16-2005, 10:12 PM
This master list of stores doing MM was on TFN. Is your store in here? (http://theforce.net/latestnews/story/Toys_R_Us_Midnight_Madness_Master_List_90372.asp)

As of right now, there is a VERY good chance that the Wilkes-Barre and Dickson City(Scranton) PA TRUs will do the MM thing. Both Mgr's. from these stores said to call back after 3/28/05, they wouldn't know until then. After discussing it, both Mgr's. would rather open to try and compete with Walmart's MM since both TRU locations are up again 24-hour SUPA Centers.

I'm sure some of that list is accurate, but I don't take it as gospel. WB PA should open for MM, we have a LOAD of buyers out here.

Besides, if the TRUs in NE PA don't open for MM, then we got Wally World at Midnight, Target and the INCREDIBLY OVERPRICED SHOULD-BE-A-GIVEAWAY WITHOUT SPENDING $12.99 PLUS TAX Lava Vader at 8AM and then TRU at 10AM. (uhhh....KB is dead to me and Kmart is expletive expletive expletive:dead: )
So, even if we're shut out, there is still a path to toy happiness:crazed: .

Greyfolk
03-16-2005, 10:55 PM
Will the stores hosting MM be mostly stores that are already open 24 hours like Super Target and Super Wal-Mart, or does it not matter?

Thanks,
Greyfolk

Clonetrooper1131
03-16-2005, 11:21 PM
The TRU's in Fresno, Clovis, and Visalia will be doing Midnight Madness. Thank god, for the EP2 toys they didn't do anything.

mm74md
03-17-2005, 08:52 AM
That list sure is odd, according to it all of my local TRUs are taking part in Midnight Madness. Something tells me that the list is either not exactly accurate or it's just listing every TRU store in the US, and that some of those will not be participating.

There are many TRU stores not on the list. Many in suburban DC aren't showing. Also, the TRU from my home town growing up isn't on the list for PA.

Thankfully, Hagerstown & Frederick, MD TRU stores will be open. I'll only get the hillbilly folk from the 4 state region showing in Hagerstown. Yee-haw :stupid:

mm74md
03-17-2005, 08:59 AM
Are all TRU stores going to offer the Holo-Yoda during MM? That would be my main driving point. I'm really thinking of not going if they don't. I can wait until I visit Target in the morning or even Wal Mart to put the stuff on layaway.

fandunn
03-17-2005, 02:06 PM
The list is definitely not all tru's. Plus it's pretty detailed so i'm sure it's right.

Mad Slanted Powers
03-17-2005, 09:08 PM
The Bellingham, WA store is not on the list. I don't know if I would go anyway. I never went to Midnight Madness for Episode I or II. Before Episode I, I wasn't yet collecting. It wasn't until I went to get my advance ticket for the movie that I decided to get them and I found all but Darth Maul. For Episode II, I went to Wal-Mart and TRU after work and found most of the figures. The first waves usually aren't too hard to find other than a possible short-packed or popular figure, and they usually show up in greater numbers later. The real problem comes at the end of a line. The last wave usually doesn't show up.

Bossk77
03-18-2005, 11:14 PM
Anyone heard anything about Oregon midnight madness? You know the state that no one knows where it is or has ever heard of.

Kidhuman
03-18-2005, 11:21 PM
I know where Oregon is, they are on the South Coast....

dr_evazan22
03-19-2005, 01:01 AM
I thougth Oregon was a Province?!

Thankfully, my local TRU will be participating. i think it's the only one form the tri-state area. Well, actually, make that quad-state... DE, se PA, MD s NJ.

Mad Slanted Powers
03-19-2005, 10:31 AM
No, it's the Oregon Territory. Washington was once part of it.

Slicker
03-19-2005, 10:40 AM
I thought Oregon was a spice.:confused:

Anywho, I just got off the phone with my TRU to make sure they are doing it and they said yes so I'll be there.

If anyone cares that's the N. Mall TRU in Virginia Beach.

kool-aid killer
03-19-2005, 02:49 PM
Checking the list, i see one TRU in my area is going to do MM. If the Walmart nearest me is going the tent route at around 8, im going to hit TRU first, get crunk so i can stay up, and stumble my way to the tent later at around 7 or so, depending upon if i want the Vader figure from Target. If the tent sale occurs at midnight, then i will go to Walmart instead.

Clonetrooper1131
03-19-2005, 05:26 PM
I thought Oregon was a spice.:confused:

No, dude that's Oregano. :crazed:

JediBoulton
03-21-2005, 01:13 PM
Here is some information pertaining to MM in the FRISCO, McKinney, area ,,,

TRU is Frisco has stated that they are STILL not sure on MM. There was a meeting going on as I called and I was tols that they may know something by Friday -- here's to hoping!!

HOWEVER -- the TRU in PLANO has stated that they WILL NOT take place in the MM event!!!
\\

Thanks,

Bossk77
03-21-2005, 06:54 PM
Here is some information pertaining to MM in the FRISCO, McKinney, area ,,,

TRU is Frisco has stated that they are STILL not sure on MM. There was a meeting going on as I called and I was tols that they may know something by Friday -- here's to hoping!!

HOWEVER -- the TRU in PLANO has stated that they WILL NOT take place in the MM event!!!
\\

Thanks,
I am sorry to hear that. I am sure that other including myself will try to get some extra yodas for the less fortunate.

JediBoulton
03-22-2005, 07:01 AM
Thanks Bossk77 -- Here is what I am going to try to do -- I ma going to have a few of my friends over Friday Night and we are going to hit the TARGET line early and score some Vaders. Maybe I can trade with someone once all is over and done ?? :D

Lord Irritated
03-24-2005, 04:44 PM
Here's an idea, save your time and money, wait a few months after Lucas has saturated every store in town with the new toys and buy them for half price. If only people would have learned from the first two movies. I know, it's a "tradition", but give me a break. I've just gotten sick of getting over anxious buying these toys, only to find the same toy a few months later for a fraction of the price.

Hellboy
03-24-2005, 05:28 PM
Hey more power to you if you can hold out for those reduced prices but for the majority of us here its as much about the event and hanging out with the friends we enjoy sharing this hobby with as it is about the toys. By waiting you always take that chance that you'll miss something (especially the exclusives) but thats alright it just means more stuff on the shelves for those of us willing to buy it now. :greedy:

BTW Oregon RULES. :)

Turbowars
03-24-2005, 05:55 PM
Well at least he picked the right user name. He is pretty Irritating.;) vbmenu_register("postmenu_381186", true);

Darth Grifter
03-24-2005, 07:55 PM
BTW Oregon RULES. :)
yes!!! so true!!!

Mad Slanted Powers
03-24-2005, 09:14 PM
Yes, I could wait until later to get the figures. I could certainly stand to save as much money as possible. The problem is knowing which figures are going to be hard to find later on and which ones will warm pegs for months.

Clonetrooper630
03-25-2005, 01:37 AM
waiting fo pegwarmers? sure I thought (sp) that the clone wars clone was going to hang arroun for a while since the ARC and the rest of the line did wow was I wrong. I'm just goingt to get what i want and if prices drop well .... heck I'll still be happy it's just money and when I die I won't be able to take it with me

Clonetrooper1131
03-25-2005, 03:27 AM
Here's an idea, save your time and money, wait a few months after Lucas has saturated every store in town with the new toys and buy them for half price. If only people would have learned from the first two movies. I know, it's a "tradition", but give me a break. I've just gotten sick of getting over anxious buying these toys, only to find the same toy a few months later for a fraction of the price.

I guess you could do that.. :confused: But, how fun could that be? A big part of this is just going to MM, having a little fun, getting together with people who have something in common with you.

4-Q-2
03-25-2005, 08:24 AM
I have to agree with CloneTrooper1131 here - but I am trying to find the best of both worlds. I am hoping that Target releases this coupon in Sundays paper for $1.00 off all things SW. Then the plan is simple - hit TRU for the MM, buy $35 (or whatever the amount is) worth of figs, concentrating on the 1-pers, & get my Yoda. Then it is off to Target to fill in the rest & get the Lava Vader. WM is up in the air until I see what they are offering (but I am a completist with the 3 3/4s, so I'll probably end up there).

But while saving money is important, sometimes you have to spend a little extra to truly get the full experience. One of my best memories is MM1, standing over a mesh crate and digging through figs trying to find all 4 versions of the Battle Droid & the elusive Darth Maul. Employees kept dumping cases of figs into the bin - it was like it was raining SW - and people were helping each other find the figs they needed. I left TRU that night with every figure that was released thanks to some great SW fans. Its an event, not just shopping. Go enjoy yourself, because this is (most likely) the last one.

Blue2th
03-26-2005, 05:13 PM
Every Walmart here in Albuquerque will be doing the MM thing, though I think only a couple will have the tent. At 5.99 a figure I will be at Walmart first, then hit the TRU and Target for exclusives. Got the 1.00 off coupon from Target today so I will be there waiting in line. Don't really see any point in being at TRU first when Walmart offers lower prices, other than to get the Holo Yoda after spending 35.00 :stupid:

Jedi
03-27-2005, 09:51 AM
Is Target opening at midnight or 7AM? Also, will there be any limit as to the number of Lava Vaders available?

Thank you!!
Jedi

Kidhuman
03-27-2005, 10:15 AM
Target is opening at its normal time. And Vader is limited to 36-48 per store.

Mad Slanted Powers
03-27-2005, 12:18 PM
Target is opening at its normal time. And Vader is limited to 36-48 per store.

36 - 48 = -12. Somebody is gonna have to check their negative on-hands.

Sorry, I guess I'm a few days early for April Fools.

Val Da Car
03-27-2005, 12:25 PM
Just remember that K-Mart is NOT doing anything special.

I asked 3 Mgrs at the KM near me...and one said "We can't put anything out until April 2 that is what we will be doing"

Well...this is the same KM that took back a Black r2 in a VOTC package!

just my $.02

Darthmarc
03-27-2005, 12:33 PM
I'll be at TRU for MM....3rd times a charm...TPM MM was a blast, I was the second in line. Everyone was really cool and helpful. For the AOTC MM, it was a little crazy because there were less MM in my area (more people). My girl almost had her leg taken off...

I hope its better this time...I REALLY like the exclusives (Yoda/EBird/Vader)

Flyin_Solo
03-28-2005, 11:10 PM
Ok I need help, if a walmart is open 24hours, but they arent on the MM list...will they still put merch out at midnight? Because no stores in ND are on the list and I was planning on going, think I could demand they sell stuff to me at 12:01? lol

sneezx
03-29-2005, 03:50 PM
Any idea where one could obtain a Midnight Madness checklist of what will be available at 12:01???

Hope I'm not in the wrong forum ( I apologize if I am.)

Hellboy
03-29-2005, 03:59 PM
I don't have any Wal-Marts in my area doing the tent sale or any organized event like MM either and I'm hitting a 24hr store first. They should have the toys out Friday night and allow customers to hit the isle come 12:01 am, at least thats what they did 3 years ago before the EP II toys hit. I'd recommend calling ahead fist to be sure but I'd say if its a 24hr store its more than a safe bet they will have the merchandise ready to go for April 2nd.

As far as an official list goes its still up in the air as to what is actually going to show up but this is the most accurate list available on this site. :)

http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showthread.php?t=27253

sneezx
03-29-2005, 09:00 PM
Thanks for the link! Based on this list, it's more like 40 figures rather than the 56 listed on the Hasbro promotional checklist I guess (?).

Thanks again and good luck!

mm74md
03-30-2005, 04:07 PM
So, since MM is on a Friday night will any of you be going out before you get in line?

I'm going to make a night of it. I've got permission by the boss to be out all night. I can't remember the last time I was out all night. What a night. Drink some beer, buy some children's toys, sleep in my wife's mini-van in front of Target. Yippie!

Darthmarc
03-31-2005, 09:41 AM
So, since MM is on a Friday night will any of you be going out before you get in line?

I'm going to make a night of it. I've got permission by the boss to be out all night. I can't remember the last time I was out all night. What a night. Drink some beer, buy some children's toys, sleep in my wife's mini-van in front of Target. Yippie!

I'm bringing my boss with me...She's pretty cool. This way I'll be able to get what I need without fighting over figures...

LOL...I'll be getting up 6 am for Target....I wish I had a minivan to crash out in...:D

JediTricks
03-31-2005, 05:50 PM
Thanks for the link! Based on this list, it's more like 40 figures rather than the 56 listed on the Hasbro promotional checklist I guess (?).

Thanks again and good luck!
That checklist is for the whole year, I believe. Also, Hasbro's checklist - both in the paper catalog and the one they posted online (they're identical) - has the wrong figures listed as 37-40 and 41-44, they're reversed.

Darth Grifter
03-31-2005, 06:31 PM
i'm totally making a night of it...tru first, wm next, then maybe sheri's and waiting til about 5 to wait at target...i'm hoping to get a little of it on video too...kind of a recounting of the events leading up to eiii, starting with MM...

Flyin_Solo
04-01-2005, 10:29 PM
Alright im leaving now guys! Anyone else planning on posting pictures? I will in about 4 hours hehehehe, HAVE A FUN NIGHT GUYS!!!! I wish you all luck in your spoils! Remember to get the booty Yar!

Darth Sidious
04-02-2005, 01:12 PM
Pretty self explanatory, what did you buy? I went to WM at midnight and picked up Emperor Palpatine, Vader, Dooku, both Anakins, Grievous's Guard, General Grievous, and Jedi-kick Obi-Wan. Then this morning, I went to Target looking for the ARC-170, and got that too. I wasn't even looking for a Lava Vader, but lo and behold, one was sitting on the pegs, so I picked him up as well. Still looking for that elusive Close Commander, though! How about you?

beckmen
04-02-2005, 01:22 PM
My local Wal-Mart didn't have a tent or anything (though it is freaking snowing here), just a small display near the electronics section and some idiot dressed up as Darth Vader walking around with Dooku's lightsaber. The figs were 5.88, not 5.24 like most Wal-Marts have them as. But Wal-Mart has a monopoly in my area, so they charge whatever they damn-well please...

Anyway, I got:
#2 Anakin Skywalker (Lightsaber Attack)
#6 Clone Trooper (Quick-Draw Attack)
# 11 Darth Vader (Lightsaber Attack)
# 13 Count Dooku (Sith Lord)
# 27 Obi-Wan Kenobi (Jedi Kick)
# 28 Anakin Skywalker (Slashing Attack)
Obi-Wan Kenobi's Jedi Starfighter
Total: $59.94

I am finding that this line isn't that great. The new articulation makes the figs look kind of dumb (Mace Windu looks HORRIBLE. I wanted to buy him but his arms/shoulders were so bad-looking I couldn't even look at the damned thing!). Some of the key figs have horrible soft-goods. I am sorry, but putting cloth on these figures is a BAD CHOICE!

#2 Anakin Skywalker (Lightsaber Attack): What is with the lightsaber/hand-the-same-piece deal? I actually kind of dug the magnets of AOTC. Oh, well Anakin comes with a spare hand with nohting in it, so it's not THAT bad. The paint job isn't that great, his face looks like a little kid or something.

#6 Clone Trooper (Quick-Draw Attack): Pretty cool figure, my only real complaint is the lack of torso articulation.

# 11 Darth Vader (Lightsaber Attack): Man, what a piece of crap. The soft goods look so gay, the articulation is non-existant, his arms are in the most ridiculas pose. Whatever, I wasted my money.

# 13 Count Dooku (Sith Lord): The soft goods are horrible, but I stuck AOTC Dooku's cape on him and he looks much better. His saber doesn't fit in his hand very good, though.

# 27 Obi-Wan Kenobi (Jedi Kick): Only OK. The sculpt is kind of crappy. I didn't know if I wanted this one or the other one, but I settled on this.

# 28 Anakin Skywalker (Slashing Attack): Like Obi-Wan, only OK. The dark eyes are a little overboard, though. I thought the robotic arm that came with it was a cool touch, but once I attatched it I learned that it's grossly too small, especially the fingers and all that. So it's pretty much worthless.

Obi-Wan Kenobi's Jedi Starfighter: Kind of cheap, I was expecting more.

beckmen
04-02-2005, 01:24 PM
Yeah, that Clone Commander I could NOT find. The only clone I could find was the quick-draw one. I need to build my army!

Mr. JabbaJohnL
04-02-2005, 05:14 PM
I didn't go to MM, but today I got:
*Yoda (Firing Cannon)
*Super Battle Droid
*Clone Trooper
*Grievous's Bodyguard
*General Grievous (Four Lightsaber Attack)
*Emperor Palpatine
*Bail Organa
*Shaak Ti
*Kit Fisto
*Royal Guard (red)
*Lava Vaders (two of them)
*Holo Yoda (it was a fluke)
*Darth Vader carry case
And a lot of food items. It was fun!

sith_killer_99
04-02-2005, 06:46 PM
Well, I managed to get the following stuff last night - this morning.

Holo Yoda (TRU exclusive)
Lava Vader (Target exclusive)
Early Bird set (Wal-Mart exclusive)

All basic figures 1-32 to include multiples (3 of each) of Red and Blue Senate Security/Royal Guards as well as 3 "Quick Draw Action" Clones.

All 4 "Deluxe" figure sets. Obi/Grevious/Emperor/Anakin. I bought one of each packaging variation on the Anakin "Change to Darth Vader". Mostly because its a cool looking set.

BARC Speeder with BARC Trooper X2 one MIMB and one to open.

Unleashed Grevious.

I saw, but passed up, the 12 inch line to include Clone Trooper, Grevious, Emperor and of course the "Ultimate Villian" Vader.

trandoshan666
04-02-2005, 07:05 PM
Picked up 1-32 (with some doubles) and the Lava Vader and Holographic Yoda exclusives. I didn't see anything above 32, though.
I've thoroughly admired the figures and can honestly say I have no complaints.

DarkArtist
04-02-2005, 07:43 PM
I went to the MM in East Brunswick NJ, picked up most of the figures, Dooku, Vader, Emperor, Blue Guard, 3 Clone Troopers, Anakin, Kenobi, Shaak Ti, R2, Padme, Agen Kolar, Mace, Anakin/Vader Deluxe, Grievious, 2 Bodyguards, Yoda with Canon. :D
Went to a completely empty Walmart this morning and picked up Luminara, Aayla, #2 Anakin, 2 Red Royal Guards. :D I think I may have seen Smurf Vader there but not sure ????? :confused:
just came from Target and picked up Ki-Adi, Spinning Yoda, Jedi Kick Kenobi, Kit Fisto, Saesee Tinn. :D
No exclusives found and now I am looking for the ever elusive DARTH TATER. My fiance' wants this one. :D

Slicker
04-02-2005, 07:50 PM
I was able to get 1-32, the WM Titaniums, the Target Micros, 2 Lava Vaders, 2 Early Bird Kits, and I ordered my Holo Yoda online today. I have to take back to figures (Mon Mothma and Shaak Ti) as I bought doubles in the "madness".:crazed:

Sith Lord 0498
04-02-2005, 09:02 PM
Pre-4/2 ROTS Purchases (early leaks)
Anakin Skywalker (#2 and "Alice Cooper eyes")
Obi-Wan Kenobi (Jedi Kick)
Padme Amidala Skywalker
Palpatine (Separatist Prisoner)
Mon Mothma
Clonetrooper (Quick Draw)
General Grievous' Wheel Bike
Galactic Heroes (Anakin/Dooku, Emperor/Yoda)

Midnight Madness and the Morning After - just over $200

Holographic Yoda (given to the first 12 people in line - $9.99 price)

Sidious vs. Mace Battle Arena

Darth Sidious 12"

Anakin Skywalker "Unleashed"
Obi-Wan Kenobi "Unleashed"

AT-RT

Emperor Palpatine (deluxe figure)

Grievous' Bodyguards (x2)
Emperor Palpatine (dark robes)
Count Dooku
Royal Guard (red)

"Art of Episode III" hardcover
"Making of Episode III" softcover
ROTS novelization

Ji'dai
04-02-2005, 09:08 PM
Early Bird x2
Holo Yoda
Grievous (four-armed attack) x2
Grievous Bodyguard x2
Red Royal Guard x3
Blue Royal Guard x2
Tarful
12" Grievious

Kidhuman
04-02-2005, 11:15 PM
Holo YOda
Lava Vader(x2)(already gone)
Grievous Body Guard
Chewie
Tarfful
AgemKolar
Padme
Mace
Vader
Anakin
Shaak-Ti
Clone(x2)
R2
Yoda
SBD
3PO
Obi-Wan
Palps
Sidious
Red GUard
Blue Guard
Palps Deluxe
Vader Deluxe
3 ROTS Titaniums
Tarer
LegoVader Table
2 puzzles
had grievous and a clone prior, unleashed Grievous and GH figs also and the Wheel bike

Dark Annie
04-02-2005, 11:35 PM
Read my post on "tell your Tale of midnight madness thread" to find out what i should have got...

At walmart midnight madness and the next afternoon at 2 walmarts & target:
#1-#16,#21-#24,(#23 both the Red and Blue Royal Guards),#26-#27,#29-#32, Deluxe Anakin, Deluxe Obiwan w/ droid, and my ~ TWO PRIZE POSSESSIONS ~ (being 1st in line!) :D #34 Clone Pilot (Firing Cannon) and :crazed:#36 General Grievous (Exploding Body)!!! I have yet to get any exclusives.

Ric Olie
04-02-2005, 11:45 PM
There wasn't no midnight madness in my area but here's my report from today. Let me just start by saying I was very underwhelmed by the amount of toys I saw and the displays and promotions.

The first placed I stopped by was Target. They only had about half the figures and none that I was really looking for. There were no books, there were no posters, there was no trading cards, there were no promtions of any kind.

I bought nothing at Target.

Walmart has a wider selection of figures and had most of 1 thru 30ish. I was hoping to get Mas Ammedda but no luck. Walmart had no books, no posters, no trading cards and no promotions of any kind. This Walmart wasn't one of the 400 stores so they had squat beside the regular collection of toys.

I did buy Count Dooku, Obi-Wan, Clonetrooper and Grievous' Bodyguard. Walmart wouldn't honor the Target coupon so I had to put another one back.

Stopped by another smaller Walmart on the way home but didn't see anything I hadn't already seen, save for a Droid Tri-fighter.

I only had 30 dollars to spend but I was extremely disappointed with the selections and lack of promotions.

Dark Annie
04-02-2005, 11:47 PM
By the way, anyone who has an extra Lava Vader, I missed him at my target and I am willing to buy one for a reasonable price,(not to high above retail.) I won't be on again until tommorow evening. But if anyone has one or knows where i can get a reasonable one, please tell me. Thanks.

***By the way, im sorry if i shouldnt have posted this here. Until this week i havent been on the forums since 2003 i think. I first came to this site b4 there were forums and the only people I remember from the original chat room are JediTricks and SirSteve.

tagmac
04-02-2005, 11:56 PM
TRU at midnight:
Anakin
Obi-Wan
Yoda
Padme
Vader
Dooku
Palpatine (both)
Blue Guard (no Red Guards)
R2-D2
C-3PO
Clone Trooper x2
Greivous
Greivous' Bodyguard x2
Shaak Ti
Bail Organa
Mon Mothma
Agen Kolar
Kit Fisto
Chewbacca
Deluxe Anakin and Palpy
Unleashed Greivous
Trivial Pursuit
Holo Yoda x2 (because my g/f was with me and we were among the first 12 people in line who got them - $10 each, though)

Amazon:
Luminara
Aayla
Ki-Adi

Target:
Red Guard (only one found during the time I was there, blue guars in the rest of the cases)
Deluxe Greivous
ARC-170 (only had a couple in-stock)
Lava Vader

Wal-Mart:
Anakin wave 2
Obi-Wan wave 2
Tarfful
no sign of any figures numbered past these

Got the three 12" and the other two Unleashed at Suncoast on Thursday, as they put them out early.

Tycho
04-03-2005, 12:00 AM
3 ARC 170 Fighters
1 Droid Tri-Fighter

1 Boga w. Obi-Wan Kenobi
2 BARC Speeders with Clone Pilots

1 Unleashed Anakin
1 Unleashed Obi-Wan
1 Unleashed Grievous

1 12" Grievous
4 12" Darth Sidious/Palpatines
2 12" Ultimate Anakin/Vader villains

1 JediForce Master Yoda

BASIC FIGURES

4 Obi-Wan Kenobi #1
10 Anakin # 2
6 Yoda # 3
12 Clone Troopers
10 Grievous' Body Guards
1 General Grievous
1 Mace Windu
2 Emperor Palpatine
2 Chancellor Palpatine (black robe/prisoner)
7 Bail Organa
4 Padme
1 Agen Kolar
1 Shaak-Ti
4 Kit Fisto
2 Red Royal Guard
10 Blue Senate Guards
4 Mon Mothma
5 Obi-Wan #27
5 Anakin # 28
3 SaeSee Tiin
2 Luminara Undulli
2 Aayla Secura
2 Clone Commander
2 Clone Pilot
2 Chancellor Palpatine (red, lightsaber attack)

1 Target Exclusive Lava Darth Vader

Master Koon
04-03-2005, 01:54 AM
Didn't take in a huge haul but got some cool figures. I snatched up the basic clone, Grievous' bodyguard,Vader, Tarfful,agen kolar,shaak ti, kit fisto,blue guard,ki-adi-mundi,aayla,chopper droid,tank gunner,polis massan, and mas amedda. I also picked up the grievous unleashed, kit fisto+mace GH pack, the yoda+palpatine GH pack, and a few free attacktix at Wal Mart. Not too bad.

ace2005
04-03-2005, 04:10 AM
Here is my haul...

HASBRO
Basic 3 3/4" Figures
_1_ #1 Obi-Wan Kenobi (Slashing Attack)
_1_#2 Anakin Skywalker (Lightsaber Attack)
_1_#3 Yoda (Firing Cannon)
_8_#4 Super Battle Droid (Firing Arm-blaster)
_1_#5 Chewbacca (Wookiee Rage)
_8_#6 Clone Trooper (Quick-Draw Attack)
_1_#7 R2-D2 (Slashing Attack)
_4_#8 Grievous' Bodyguard (Battle Attack)
_1_#9 Grievous (Four Lightsaber Attack)
_1_#10 Mace Windu (Force Combat)
_1_#11 Darth Vader (Lightsaber Attack)
_1_#12 Palpatine (Firing Force Lightning)
_1_#13 Count Dooku (Sith Lord)
_1_#14 Chancellor Palpatine (Supreme Chancellor)
_1_#15 Bail Organa (Republic Senator)
_1_#16 Plo Koon (Jedi Master)
_8_#17 Battle Droid (Separatist Army)
_1_#18 C-3PO (Protocol Droid)
_1_#19 Padme Amidala (Republic Senator)
_1_#20 Agen Kolar (Jedi Master)
_1_#21 Shaak Ti (Jedi Master)
_1_#22 Kit Fisto (Jedi Master)
_8_#23 Royal Guard (Senate Security) - Red
_8_#23 Royal Guard (Senate Security) - Blue
_1_#24 Mon Mothma (Republic Senator)
_1_#25 Tarfful (Firing Bowcaster)
_1_#26 Yoda (Spinning Attack)
_1_#27 Obi-Wan Kenobi (Jedi Kick)
_1_#28 Anakin Skywalker (Slashing Attack)
_1_#29 Ki-Adi-Mundi (Jedi Master)
_1_#30 Saesee Tiin (Jedi Master)
_1_#31 Luminara Unduli (Jedi Master)
_1_#32 Aayla Secura (Jedi Knight)
_6_#33 Clone Commander (Battle Gear)
_7_#34 Clone Pilot (Firing Cannon)
_1_#35 Palpatine (Lightsaber Attack)
_1_#36 General Grievous (Exploding Body)
_1_#37 Vader's Medical Droid (Chopper Droid)
_2_#38 AT-TE Tank Gunner (Clone Army)
_1_#39 Polis Massan (Medic)
_1_#40 Mas Amedda (Republic Senator)

Promotional Exclusives
_9_Darth Vader (Lava Reflection) Target Exclusive
_4_Early Bird Kit Mail-In Wal-mart Exclusive

Deluxe Action Figures
_1_Anakin Skywalker (Changes to Darth Vader)
_1_Emperor Palpatine (Changes to Darth Sidious)
_1_Obi-Wan Kenobi with Super Battle Droid (Force Jump Attack)
_1_General Grievous (Secret Lightsaber Attack)

Vehicles

_1_Anakin's Jedi Starfighter (Toys"R"Us Exclusive - May)
_1_Obi-Wan Kenobi's Jedi Starfighter
_2_Droid Tri-Fighter
_1_Grievous' Wheel Bike
_2_ARC-170 Fighter
_2_Republic Gunship

Unleashed
_1_General Grievous
_1_Anakin Skywalker
_1_Obi-Wan Kenobi

Micro Vehicles (Target Exclusives)
_1_Millennium Falcon and B-Wing (http://photos.sirstevesguide.com/showgallery.php?cat=3034)
_1_Sandcrawler and Landspeeder (http://photos.sirstevesguide.com/showgallery.php?cat=3033)
_1_TIE Fighter and A-Wing (http://photos.sirstevesguide.com/showgallery.php?cat=3035)

Figure with Cup (Target Exclusive)
_1_Obi-Wan
_1_General Grievous
_1_Clone Trooper

Good Luck,

General_Grievous
04-03-2005, 02:09 PM
I got all figures #1-32
Boga w/ Obi-Wan
All four deluxe figures
Unleashed General Grievous
Star Wars Monopoly: Saga Edition

I'll wait for the vehicles.

Old Fossil
04-03-2005, 02:37 PM
First and only time I didn't go overboard, and first and only time I'm happy with EVERYTHING I bought!

Clone Trooper (Quick-draw) (3)
Saesee Tiin
Aayla Secura
Ki-Adi Mundi (been waiting for this great sculpt of Ki!)
Luminara Unduli
C-3PO (best sculpt EVER!!!)
Count Dooku (AWESOME!)

These are by far the best Prequel figures ever! Got 'em all at Wal-Mart. No sign of Clone Pilots, Clone Commanders, or Red Royal Guards...

I have to say I'm enjoying having not blown a lot of cash so far. Sometimes less is more, as the saying goes.

jwmc1971
04-03-2005, 07:23 PM
got all figures 1-40, all exclusives( 10 vaders , 8 early birds 5 yodas ) , all vehicles and micros/die-cast and atax's ,all released 12" including ani/vader , chess set, dvd game , talking yoda , all 4 battlers , 3 cups , darth tater,all unleashed ( old and new) , all double packs ,all candy and food products (wow , lightsaber spoon !!:stupid: ), saber game, all sabers , basically all the stuff they had ......this was acomlpished w/the help of my wife , mom , dad , 5 friends , stupid employees at all stores and my Bof A master card .....close to 3 grand $$$ and 24 hours later ........tired ...and no , i'm not selling any of this stuff on ebay ...i am a compulsive hoarder to the core , since 95' . just looking at those exclusives on the pegs rocks. here is some of my photos since last night , just look under my user name in the photos area ....jwmc1971 . i will post more w/more new stuff later.:speech::speech::speech::speech::speech::spe ech:

CaptainSolo1138
04-03-2005, 09:52 PM
As planned, I didn't get too much. At TRU for MM I picked up Preggers Padme, Anakin (the one w/o eyeshadow) and Chewbacca. I finally found my Holy Grail, Darth Tater, at WM the following day.

Knightfall
04-03-2005, 10:07 PM
I'm not the world's biggest prequel fan, and I'm pretty tight on money right now as everyone in my life was seemingly born in April, but even I couldn't resist the welcoming glow of gobs of new Star Wars toys in one day, for the last time ever(?). I managed to play it conservative and limited myself to a Clone Trooper, Tarfful, Emperor Palpatine, and Shaak Ti. Just like 2002, I gleefully bypassed the main characters:D

Overall, from what I've seen, most of them are really good figures. A few, like Mace and probably Jedi Kick Obi-Wan, look like pieces of junk because of the features, but judging from the ones I have, 2005 kicked 2002's butt. I am very much in favor of abundant softgoods, as it harkens back to my childhood when such things weren't so hard to come by.

Mad Slanted Powers
04-03-2005, 10:34 PM
I got basic figures #1-32 with the exception of Padmé, Dooku, Mon Mothma, and Royal Guard of either color. I got all four deluxe figures, 12 inch Clone and Ultimate Villian. Only vehicle was BARC speeder. I also got the Target exclusive Vader and I have ordered the Early Bird set online. I saw several other vehicles, but I will pass on those for now. The only other 12 inch figure I saw was Palpatine.

hestep99
04-03-2005, 11:27 PM
I absolutly lucked out on this! check it out (http://www.geocities.com/hestep99/starwars2.html)!!!

Slicker
04-04-2005, 02:43 AM
got all figures 1-40, all exclusives( 10 vaders , 8 early birds 5 yodas ) , all vehicles and micros/die-cast and atax's ,all released 12" including ani/vader , chess set, dvd game , talking yoda , all 4 battlers , 3 cups , darth tater,all unleashed ( old and new) , all double packs ,all candy and food products (wow , lightsaber spoon !!:stupid: ), saber game, all sabers , basically all the stuff they had ......this was acomlpished w/the help of my wife , mom , dad , 5 friends , stupid employees at all stores and my Bof A master card .....close to 3 grand $$$ and 24 hours later ........tired ...and no , i'm not selling any of this stuff on ebay ...i am a compulsive hoarder to the core , since 95' . just looking at those exclusives on the pegs rocks. here is some of my photos since last night , just look under my user name in the photos area ....jwmc1971 . i will post more w/more new stuff later.:speech::speech::speech::speech::speech::spe ech:Good God son!!! I feel bad for everyone around you that thought about getting a single toy.:D Let me get this correct that's $3,000.:eek::greedy::stupid:

Sith_Hunter
04-04-2005, 01:15 PM
In my opinion I lucked out that night. I got all the figures I wanted, but didn't get all of them, I left some of the peg warmers like Mon Mothma and Bail Organa for when I make purchases toward my Holo Yoda. I mangaged to get both Royal Guards at my first stop, Wal-Mart. I also stopped at Toys R' Us, but I only picked up about 4 figures, all ones I couldn't find at Wal-Mart. Then I swung it over to IHOP, that's right, IHOP for some coffee and pancakes and then parked myself in my car with my friends in front of Target. After waiting over 5 hours at Target, I got 2 Lava Darth Vaders, then went to Wal Mart to buy the early bird set. However, my most interesting pick up was at K-Mart, the next day, April 3. Amist all the figures I bought, mainly just siths and jedis, I forgot to buy Plo Koon. I first when to Target to get him, but there wasn't one on the shelf, so I decided to go to K-Mart, just to see what they had. It was there that the only Plo Koon I found was a variant. His eyes were unpainted. Talk about a fluke. It was the only Plo Koon there. So, all in all, this was technically my first MM, but it will definitely live in my mind as a great night that I will never forget.

jedibear
04-04-2005, 10:36 PM
Way up north, midnight was just a little mad....

The only store that did midnight madness up here in Burlington VT was TRU. About 30 people showed up, mostly college kids and a few folks down from the Montreal area (hey, stuff's expensive up there!).
The store had everything crammed in one corner in the section of the store where "seasonal" stuff usually goes. The first few people in the door created an unintentional (I'm being charitable here)barricade with their shopping carts making it impossible for the rest of us to get to the figures.
It looked like they just had the basic figures from 1 thru 33 with the first dozen or so being the most plentiful. They had the basic vehicles (Ani/Fighter, Obi/Fighter, and only about 6 TriFighters (!). Plenty of Bogas, SpeederBikes and deluxe figures (Obi/SBD, Palpy, Ani/Vader). Also had LOTS of Unleashed but the Greivous was first to go. Also plenty of Lego and the Attacix (sp?) stuff and plenty of what I will predict (yeah, it's obvious) will be the biggest flop in the collection...the Force battlers.
I figures I'd just grab what I figures would be the toughest things to get...the Unleashed Greivous, the 12" Greivous, 12" CloneTrooper, 12" Ultimate Villian Anakin and the Droid Tri-Fighter. Decided to wait til Walmart opened in the morning to grab any figures (hey, they had 'em cheaper by about .20 or so). TRU was price-matching (sort of) but after watching clerks dumping loads of figures in shopping carts (to try and make it easier for those who couldn't get into that cramped corner) I figures I'd wait til later when I could more careful examine the cards to avoid those already dog-eared helmet-cards...plus, one young guy who worked at Walmart made it clear that they had TONS of basic figures so getting 'em shouldn't be a problem (and it wasn't).
Next morning I went to Walmart...picke up the first 26 figures, the boga, Greivous's WheelBike (COOL toy!!) the book, the Visual Dictionary and that was it for now...(gotta eat, make house/truck payments and save a little cash for Celeb 3 after all.
One last side note...the employees at TRU and Walmart were great...no attitude, nice and helpful. That was a pleasant change from my previous midnight madness sales in CA!
It was the last one...and it was good...

I_Luciferi
04-05-2005, 12:06 PM
I got everything I wanted, 2 lava vaders, 2 holo yodas, the red guard, vader and the emperor. Everything else can wait until the madness dies down and places start competing over prices.

anyone else see any violence or fights over stuff? At the target I went to I almost got into it with a guy who yanked a clone trooper cup out of my hands, I told him what i thought of him and explained that he would get nowhere in life coveting toys over his integrity. I saw him again at TRU and his wife grabbed a couple of toys from a kid, I told her what I thought of her and had to threaten violence to both of them to get them to leave people alone I mean c'mon, is a little piece of plastic worth getting the hell beaten out of you over?

Other than that everyone everywhere else was nothing but awesome to each other, helping everyone out making sure everyone who wanted a character got one, including the red and blue gaurds.

hestep99
04-05-2005, 12:25 PM
I got everything that was available in my area except the holo yoda, but leave it to Toys R Us to flat out lie to me and tell me it was not going to be available. If I don't get it on 4/10 then I'll never never never shop there again.(triple negative, just figured I'd try it out)

aceguide
04-05-2005, 02:48 PM
I was very selective on this first go around. Me and my son (an 8 year-old who saved $25) wne EARLY on Sat. Target, WM & TRU. Wanted Clone Commander - none found. Also wanted the battle sets and found none.

Did get Tarful, Grievous, Bodyguard, and a few others. Buy of the day waws the clone trooper blaster for the little guy!

aceguide
04-05-2005, 03:20 PM
Did anyone else get the Attacktix samples at WM? My son was handed three different ones - now he wants to collect them (must run in the family).

Clonetrooper1131
04-05-2005, 06:33 PM
Did anyone else get the Attacktix samples at WM? My son was handed three different ones - now he wants to collect them (must run in the family).

A girl gave one to my daughter when I was looking around in the tent. She thought it was pretty neat. I guess they give you the first one free to get hooked, then after that you have to buy the rest. lol

Clonetrooper1131
04-05-2005, 06:36 PM
anyone else see any violence or fights over stuff? At the target I went to I almost got into it with a guy who yanked a clone trooper cup out of my hands, I told him what i thought of him and explained that he would get nowhere in life coveting toys over his integrity. I saw him again at TRU and his wife grabbed a couple of toys from a kid, I told her what I thought of her and had to threaten violence to both of them to get them to leave people alone I mean c'mon, is a little piece of plastic worth getting the hell beaten out of you over?

Really? Wow that's beyoned f****d up! I mean come on, it's one thing to take it from an adult, it's another thing to be taking it from a kid.

Scackmgack
04-05-2005, 07:18 PM
If the guy yanked it out of your hands, why didn't you take it back?

jedibear
04-08-2005, 05:29 PM
I got everything that was available in my area except the holo yoda, but leave it to Toys R Us to flat out lie to me and tell me it was not going to be available. If I don't get it on 4/10 then I'll never never never shop there again.(triple negative, just figured I'd try it out)

Go back to your local TRU...I hit mine today to find the pegs OVERFLOWING with holo Yodas (most likeley in anticipation of the weekend promo for spend $25. get-one-free)

bigbarada
04-09-2005, 08:46 PM
I was able to restrain myself pretty well this time around. All I ended up walking out of the store with was 2 Darth Vaders and C-3PO.

Althought I ended up waiting about 3 hours for the stock lady to unpack a case with Threepio in it.

Darth Vader is kind of a disappointment, but I should have expected that given the fact that he has an action feature.

C-3PO is quite simply the BEST Threepio action figure ever made! This one runs circles around the VOTC figure (who I thought was the biggest disappointment of the VOTC line).

Since April 2nd, I've picked up two Quick-Draw Clones, a Clone Commander and the Clone Pilot. All really nice figures.

Now I'm just biding my time until the AT-TE Gunner arrives (any word on an AT-TE vehicle?).

Scackmgack
04-09-2005, 11:37 PM
You know, overall, I have to say that I was very dissapointed with the release last weekend. That I am sitting here reading the boards trying to get information on where the hell numbers 33-40 are, and trying to find out what happened with the AT-RT is testament to the fact that the event was not run properly.

Just once...just ONCE...it would have been nice to see this done right. Just one. There was certainly plenty of time to get ALL 40 figures and ALL the vehicles distributed to ALL markets in the proper proportions.

Couldn't they have pushed back the release date? I would rather have waited another month for my toys and get everything I wanted in a single day of shopping and not have to be considering EBay for my Clone Pilots and being ****ed off at not being able to find any Clone Commanders than having an earlier, incomplete release like we got.

I'm at the point where I am about ready to return the 20+ figures I have not opened yet because they're all going to be warming pegs for months to come. I took advantage of the Target $1 off coupon which is the only reason I bought as many as I did, but honestly, at this point I am thinking I would have been happy getting only Obi-Wan's starfighter, the ARC-170, the Trifighter, two BARC troopers, some Clone Troopers, some Super Battle Droids, two AT-RTs, three Clone Pilots and two Clone Commanders.

It would have been a much smaller haul, but it would have been infinately more satisfying to be able to get all my army builders.

Sith Lord 0498
04-10-2005, 07:27 AM
You know, overall, I have to say that I was very dissapointed with the release last weekend. That I am sitting here reading the boards trying to get information on where the hell numbers 33-40 are, and trying to find out what happened with the AT-RT is testament to the fact that the event was not run properly.

Just once...just ONCE...it would have been nice to see this done right. Just one. There was certainly plenty of time to get ALL 40 figures and ALL the vehicles distributed to ALL markets in the proper proportions.

Couldn't they have pushed back the release date? I would rather have waited another month for my toys and get everything I wanted in a single day of shopping and not have to be considering EBay for my Clone Pilots and being ****ed off at not being able to find any Clone Commanders than having an earlier, incomplete release like we got.

I'm at the point where I am about ready to return the 20+ figures I have not opened yet because they're all going to be warming pegs for months to come. I took advantage of the Target $1 off coupon which is the only reason I bought as many as I did, but honestly, at this point I am thinking I would have been happy getting only Obi-Wan's starfighter, the ARC-170, the Trifighter, two BARC troopers, some Clone Troopers, some Super Battle Droids, two AT-RTs, three Clone Pilots and two Clone Commanders.

It would have been a much smaller haul, but it would have been infinately more satisfying to be able to get all my army builders.

My advice is to relax and be patient. We're only one week into the official release, and we already have much more product available than we did for AOTC. Initially, I felt the same way you did during MM b/c I was really looking forward to getting figures 33-40 and I couldn't find them.

But you know what? It's one week later, and I have the Clone Commander (with another one on layway), a Clone Pilot, Palpatine, Polis Massan, Vader's Medical Droid, and Mas Amedda. The only figure that I'm still looking for is the AT-TE Tank Gunner, and I'm reasonably sure I'll have him by next weekend.

You're right about Midnight Madness not being done right, but it has nothing to do with the amount of product released. This is where Hasbro dropped the ball: they didn't create a concrete list of what would be released and then ensuring that all stores received roughly the same amount of that product. It's not ridiculous that we can't find later cases so soon after the release. It's ridiculous that one store has a heavy concentration of vehicles and Darth Tater while another store only has basic figures and blasters.

During this initial release, you should be able to go to any store and expect to find the same merchandise. You should not have to hunt all over your region for one single item that was in the earliest assortment (e.g. - TF Droid Tri-Fighter).

Like I said earlier in this post, the bright spot is that the later cases are coming. Just give it a little while. If it's June and you still haven't found figures 33-40, then give Hasbro and the stores an earful.

Scackmgack
04-10-2005, 11:29 AM
I'll admit to being a perfectionist, but the fact of the matter is, #33-#40 have been produced now. Therefore I expect the product to be evenly distributed now.

I have zero patience for Hasbro and the stores anymore. I've been collecting Star Wars toys since I was five years old, and I am now 31. I've been part of many collecting communities, fan clubs, you name it, and it seems like Hasbro never gets this right.

Maybe if this was the first time I was seriously collecting Star Wars toys I could exercise the patience you counsel, my friend - but I'm already getting tired of worrying about whether or not I am going to get to my local Target or Wal-Mart before the scalpers or other collectors do, or whether I should buy online or not.

It just doesn't make any sense to me - the pegs are FULL of numbers 1-32. Obviously Hasbro had the manufacturing capacity to produce LOTS of figures - so why are the numbers so lopsided?

Give me access to their books and 24 hours and I could at least have a plan to make all this function correctly...it just makes it even more obvious that they really don't care, and I'm just tired of getting burned.

Sith Lord 0498
04-10-2005, 12:07 PM
Maybe if this was the first time I was seriously collecting Star Wars toys I could exercise the patience you counsel, my friend - but I'm already getting tired of worrying about whether or not I am going to get to my local Target or Wal-Mart before the scalpers or other collectors do, or whether I should buy online or not.

It's not my first time seriously collecting Star Wars merchandise either. I've been knee-deep in this hobby for over 10 years, and I collect more than the toys. It's because I've been burned so many times and fixated on so many pointless toy runs that I've learned the key to all of this is patience mixed in with alertness. I've gotten many of my favorite collectibles (non-SW and SW alike) this way: Toy Fair Vader, Palpatine's cane, Dark Phoenix, etc.

As far as figures 33-40 are concerned, I could've been running to every store in the area every morning this past week trying to find them first, but I didn't. I checked on occasion with no luck. What led me to my minor score was I received an e-mail from another area collector one morning, found out who had them in stock, got dressed, and went to go get them. Instead of worrying about scalpers or other collectors, I make contacts through collectors, and I haven't had half the headaches I used to have in the past b/c I know as long as I keep in contact with others I won't miss out on anything. I despise scalpers with a passion, and I love screwing them out of a major find. But if another collector gets there before I do, then that's OK. I would just hope they leave something behind for the next guy.

I'm not trying to say you're wrong for being so frustrated. I'm simply offering you and everyone else who reads these boards a relatively stress-free way to collect these figures. Use these boards to your advantage--especially the "Just Found" section. Make contacts with fellow forumites in your area. That's how I've found many things lately--I keep in regular contact with Darth Alex. This entire community we have here is our own best fishnet with catching these collectibles before some worthless scalper throws them up on eBay for $100 each.

It just doesn't make any sense to me - the pegs are FULL of numbers 1-32. Obviously Hasbro had the manufacturing capacity to produce LOTS of figures - so why are the numbers so lopsided?

Give me access to their books and 24 hours and I could at least have a plan to make all this function correctly...it just makes it even more obvious that they really don't care, and I'm just tired of getting burned.

My guess is because figures 1-32 contain all the core characters and Jedi. In a movie year, kids are going to be taking a larger slice of the pie than normal, and they will want action figures of their favorite characters. Honestly, what do you think a kid will want more: Anakin Skywalker or Mas Amedda? Darth Vader or Polis Massan?

Hasbro has proven that it cares more than you seem to give them credit. We complained about the figure ratios in the cases. I saw for myself at Midnight Madness that most cases have 12 different figures in it rather than 3 Anakins, Obi-Wans, Vader, and then shortchanging us on the remainder. We complained about action features and not getting more obscure characters. These past two years have yielded premium sculpts of those characters with few to no action features (Cloud Car Pilot, Sly Moore, Cantina Aliens, etc.)

From what I've been hearing from local stores, the newer cases (re: 33-40) are in the pipeline and will start showing up within a week or two. In fact, one of my local Wal-Marts even acknowledged that it doubled its order for those figures because demand was so high, and Hasbro's obviously accommodating stores with this mindset.

Remember: we're only 8 days into the ROTS bonanza. The fact that these next waves are already starting to surface is amazing considering how long it took for the Dooku/Anakin HD/Yoda wave to surface back in 2002. Give it more than a week.

Scackmgack
04-10-2005, 06:45 PM
I guess...but I am bringing back about $200 worth of stuff I bought at Midnight Madness because I've accepted that all this stuff is going to be warming pegs for months and months.

I am a little paranoid about finding the new stuff I want because Boston-area stores are so horribly-understocked or scalper-ravaged. I'm not sure which it is. All I know is that I have the hardest time finding the new items with any sort of regularity, and there don't seem to be many Bostonians on here for me to network with.

jedibear
04-10-2005, 08:01 PM
I guess...but I am bringing back about $200 worth of stuff I bought at Midnight Madness because I've accepted that all this stuff is going to be warming pegs for months and months.

I am a little paranoid about finding the new stuff I want because Boston-area stores are so horribly-understocked or scalper-ravaged. I'm not sure which it is. All I know is that I have the hardest time finding the new items with any sort of regularity, and there don't seem to be many Bostonians on here for me to network with.

Sooooo. You're going to help compound the problem of overstocking you speak of by taking back the stuff you bought and this solves what exactly?

Not trying to come down on you but here are some things to consider:
Are the items you picked up already mint condition? Because if that matters to you for the future, it's going to become even more frustrating for you if you are among collectors that want mint cards and undinged box fronts. These cards may look flashy, but the domed fronts scuff easily and the pointed edges ding and bend quicky as kids n' collectors weed through 'em...
Part of the problem of finding later assortments doesnt lie entirely with the retailers. Hasbro is STILL doing things with case assortments that they've been doing even before EpOne....overloading the assortments with core (read: kid-friendly) characters and leaving the secondary and more collector-desirable characters to sparsely populate the later assortments.
Advise: Check this great site regularly for updated info on case assortments. Also, online retail outlets like (I hope I'm not breaking a rule here) EE have catalouges that help collectors determine what's coming when and how much of a given character will be in that wave of figures.
Yes...it seems that moreso with this movie's line than the last two, the more interesting (varied Clone Troops) and newer characters (Mustafar/Pols Massa, etc.) are coming late in the collection. It's still early yet...the movie hasn't even opened. Since the line hit, I've noticed my area Walmart moving basic figures at a brisk pace. The one Kmart here is OUT of basic figures...the only retailers sitting on stuff are TRU (especially the first 20 or so) and KB (just the first 12 or so) because of the price.
If a few months from now it's still looking bleak for those later assortments, you may have to resort to online stores to play catch-up. A little more expensive, yes...but there are some reputable stores out there that do a good job of getting you mint stuff in a timely manner.

Again, I wasn't trying to come down on you Scackmgack....I'm up here in Vermont...believe me, you think you got it bad...it got real bleak post-movie wise for figures up here. At least you have alot of stores to hit in the greater Boston area...good luck!
Oh, and speaking of Boston...a little off-topic here but maybe you can tell me....is there a theater in the Boston area that will be featuring a digital projection presentation of ROTS? I saw AOTC digitally projected when I lived out west and man! It was amazing!

hestep99
04-10-2005, 08:16 PM
taking back all that stuff will likely mean it'll take that particular store longer to get new merchandise considering they'll have to sell off all that you take back in addition to the many commons they already have. If pegs are full they can't order more stuff.

Kidhuman
04-10-2005, 08:42 PM
taking back all that stuff will likely mean it'll take that particular store longer to get new merchandise considering they'll have to sell off all that you take back in addition to the many commons they already have. If pegs are full they can't order more stuff.

That is a great point. UYou only end up hurting yourself in the long run. I have missed waves because scalpers and people returning tons of merch.

Scackmgack
04-11-2005, 10:44 AM
I'm not going to worry about the stores taking longer to restock more than I am going to worry about the $240 worth of stuff (I figured out the total last night after going over receipts) I never should have bought in the first place and only did because I got wrapped up in the madness.

I don't keep stuff on the card so I am more than happy to wait three-four months and get the dregs still on the pegs at sale prices as the stores try to get rid of everything.

I suppose I can appreciate everyone thinking about these angles, but the balance in my bank account needs to be my first priority. I got wrapped up in the madness because of one of my mantras of collecting - "If you see it and you want it, buy it, because you don't know when you are going to see it again."

Problem is, when I go to all these stores and see HUNDREDS of these figures I bought warming pegs, I find it hard to justify holding onto them. I KNOW they are going to be there for a long time to come. The figures and vehicles I really want - Clone Pilots, Clone Commanders, and AT-RTs - just aren't there yet. I've come to the realization that all I am truly interested in right now is building my armies. It will be nice to have all the figures at some point, but there's no need to get them all right now.

I have 30+ figures and a vehicle sitting in my room, unopened, since I bought them. Obviously I don't want them THAT much if I haven't opened them up yet. My ARC-170 starfighter, Clones, Obi-Wan's Jedi Starfighter, Trifighter and BARC trooper were out of the packages the day I got them. That is the only stuff I should have bought in the first place.

It would be ridiculous to hold onto $240 worth of stuff just because I am worried about stores not restocking. I have to pay interest on a large chunk of that because it went on my credit card. Maybe I am being too much the responsible adult and correcting a mistake I never should have made (buying it all in the first place), but you have to take whatever actions your conscience dictates.

Besides, I have no faith that stores are going to be restocking adequately anytime soon, anyway, so who cares. They never have before, so why would they start now? :)

Clonetrooper1131
04-11-2005, 11:37 PM
I'm not going to worry about the stores taking longer to restock more than I am going to worry about the $240 worth of stuff (I figured out the total last night after going over receipts) I never should have bought in the first place and only did because I got wrapped up in the madness.

I don't keep stuff on the card so I am more than happy to wait three-four months and get the dregs still on the pegs at sale prices as the stores try to get rid of everything.

I suppose I can appreciate everyone thinking about these angles, but the balance in my bank account needs to be my first priority. I got wrapped up in the madness because of one of my mantras of collecting - "If you see it and you want it, buy it, because you don't know when you are going to see it again."

Problem is, when I go to all these stores and see HUNDREDS of these figures I bought warming pegs, I find it hard to justify holding onto them. I KNOW they are going to be there for a long time to come. The figures and vehicles I really want - Clone Pilots, Clone Commanders, and AT-RTs - just aren't there yet. I've come to the realization that all I am truly interested in right now is building my armies. It will be nice to have all the figures at some point, but there's no need to get them all right now.

I have 30+ figures and a vehicle sitting in my room, unopened, since I bought them. Obviously I don't want them THAT much if I haven't opened them up yet. My ARC-170 starfighter, Clones, Obi-Wan's Jedi Starfighter, Trifighter and BARC trooper were out of the packages the day I got them. That is the only stuff I should have bought in the first place.

It would be ridiculous to hold onto $240 worth of stuff just because I am worried about stores not restocking. I have to pay interest on a large chunk of that because it went on my credit card. Maybe I am being too much the responsible adult and correcting a mistake I never should have made (buying it all in the first place), but you have to take whatever actions your conscience dictates.

Besides, I have no faith that stores are going to be restocking adequately anytime soon, anyway, so who cares. They never have before, so why would they start now? :)

Okay so basically you had buyers remorse? If that's the case then why did you end up getting all that you did? I do realize that it's hard to pass up certain things when going to MM, it's almost like it sucks you in and you end up getting a lot more than you originally thought. But still, I went in with a list of things that I exactly wanted. Most of the figures that I had really wanted weren't released. I also didn't end up buying figures that I knew I wasn't really interested in just because they were there that night.
I'm not trying to put you down or anything like that at all. And I know it's really hard to know what to pass up and what not to pass up. But I just think when anyone goes out and buys this stuff, if they are afrade of how much they are going to spend, then I think they should go in with some sort of budget plan. And yeah, you might have to pass up some stuff that you borderline wanted, but just think later you can get the things that you EXACTLY wanted.

Just my 2 cents...

Scackmgack
04-13-2005, 11:40 AM
Honestly, I thought I did want it all, but then when I got it home, I just wasn't interested in opening a lot of it. And I did some overbuying - I don't need TEN clone troopers right now, for example. lol

Also, once I had some of the figures out of the packages, that made me less interesting in opening others. I bought two SBD's and two regular BD's and opened one of each and thought "Eh, this is enough. I can wait to get more later." And once I had Obi-Wan and Anakin open I lost interest in all but the soft-goods Jedi, so the rest of them went back.

I dunno...it was early in the morning, I had been at MM at TRU a few hours earlier, and quite frankly I wanted to get Target out of the way and hit Wal-Mart a.s.a.p. and go home and get some sleep, so I imagine I wasn't thinking entirely clearly.

I'm just glad I keep such good track of receipts and all that...my grand total for the release two weeks ago went down from $435 to $175, which is a marked improvement. Now I am just waiting for Clone Commanders, Clone Pilots, and AT-RTs to fill out the initial purchasing wave. Then I will slowly pick up everyone else, though I am going to hold out for peg-clearing sales as long as I can.

bigbarada
04-15-2005, 02:08 PM

This is probably the silliest complaint I have heard yet. Hasbro released 32 action figures in one night (not including pack-ins and sneak previews) and you're still complaining?

You say you've been collecting since you were five, then maybe you will remember that there were only 21 action figures released during the entire two year run of the original SW line. Only 29 new action figures in the entire 3 year run of the ESB line.

Hasbro put out more toy products on April 2nd than any other Star Wars movie release. After reading your subsequent replies, that was obviously more than you actually wanted to buy.

Judging by your posts, you seem like just another spoiled SW-fan who doesn't appreciate how good we really have it.

WesleySr
04-15-2005, 03:38 PM
This is probably the silliest complaint I have heard yet. Hasbro released 32 action figures in one night (not including pack-ins and sneak previews) and you're still complaining?

You say you've been collecting since you were five, then maybe you will remember that there were only 21 action figures released during the entire two year run of the original SW line. Only 29 new action figures in the entire 3 year run of the ESB line.

Hasbro put out more toy products on April 2nd than any other Star Wars movie release. After reading your subsequent replies, that was obviously more than you actually wanted to buy.

Judging by your posts, you seem like just another spoiled SW-fan who doesn't appreciate how good we really have it.

I agree. Enjoy it while it lasts. This is the final movie and there is no telling how long the line will last once the E3 merchandise runs out.

2-1B
03-09-2008, 07:30 PM
I agree. Enjoy it while it lasts. This is the final movie and there is no telling how long the line will last once the E3 merchandise runs out.

Good thing they waited 3 years to get around to 2-1B. :thumbsup:

Come to think of it though, that's actually kinda criminal. :frus:

timmae
03-09-2008, 10:48 PM
Good thing they waited 3 years to get around to 2-1B. :thumbsup:

Come to think of it though, that's actually kinda criminal. :frus:

from the looks of the e3 poll, they should not run out until after the 50th anniversary...or the 2000th figure.lol