PDA

View Full Version : Target Exclusives - Lava Vader and SA Clone

Mr. JabbaJohnL
03-14-2005, 01:01 PM
Rebelscum.com had the following:

The Target-exclusive Darth Vader figure will be available at stores on April 2nd. However, we've gotten word that this figure will be limited to 36 figures per store! Tickets will be handed out to the first people in line just before the stores open at 8am.
On a related note, we've also gotten word that on May 8th Target will offer a limited edition poseable Clone Trooper. More details coming soon...
Hopefully I'll be able to get one! There's a few Targets around me, and I doubt there's over 100 people who want this in my vicinity, so I should be able to get one. Looks like I'll be going first to Target on April 2, then later to my neighborhood WM and maybe, if they give away the Yoda, to TRU. Hopefully you don't have to make a minimum purchase at these stores!

I wonder if the clone is the SA Clone Wars version? Maybe with a ROTS helmet? Interesting.

Kidhuman
03-14-2005, 01:07 PM
The SA clone sounds good. Want it now.

Darth Alex
03-14-2005, 01:19 PM
I'll be there at 7:30 to grab one on 4/2...man, that Vader looks cool.
This new of a new Clone in May is interesting...should be cool...hope it's cool.
The news that the Lava Vader will be 35/store sounds a little crazy...I hope we all can get one, those that want one, of course...

dindae
03-14-2005, 01:41 PM
I really hope I don't have to buy figures and both TRU and Target to get 2 figures especially when I will be leaving TRU at 12:30, driving home til 1:00, and then getting back up at 7:15. That assumes I can go right to sleep and not open up all the new toys when I get home. I would love to skip one or the other but I can see it now. :cry:

jedi master sal
03-14-2005, 01:56 PM
TRU-there is a minimum purchase amount for the Exclusive Yoda. At last report I heard it was a $30 minimum.

Target is supposed to be giving out tickets for however many Vader's they have to those first people coming into the store. Don't think there is a minimum for this. You just have to be one of the first in line.

bobafett07728
03-14-2005, 02:33 PM
Hmmm. . .

Does Target take part in the Midnight Madness? If they do then I will have to find a way to be at two places at once.

I had planned on going to WalMart for Midnight Madness, but if TRU is having an exclusive. . . they'll get the nod.

Grrrr. . . a this is an unexpected curveball.

sluray
03-14-2005, 02:36 PM
I will be there. Gotta have that.

Slicker
03-14-2005, 05:30 PM
As far as I know I thought the TRU exclusive was only for the Times Square store but I may be wrong.

I really shouldn't have a problem getting the Target exlcusive due to that jiving perfectly with my schedule. Ha ha suckers!!!!!:D

Kidhuman
03-15-2005, 01:15 AM
TRU-there is a minimum purchase amount for the Exclusive Yoda. At last report I heard it was a $30 minimum.

Target is supposed to be giving out tickets for however many Vader's they have to those first people coming into the store. Don't think there is a minimum for this. You just have to be one of the first in line.

35 dollars for the Yoda so thats 2 figures at their price.

Joshkj
03-15-2005, 02:29 AM
Around me they always have had a deal like this but it was 30 bucks and you get a free lightsaber, thats y i have so many god dam lightsabers (TRU)

DarthChuckMc
03-15-2005, 05:50 AM
No Midnight Madness at TARGETs.....8am.....and the Vader is $5.99.....

Before the store opens, a Team Member will come outside, ask who's there for the NEW SW toys, and then hand out ONE ticket per person. Once you get back to the SW aisle (located where the TMNT, Teen Titans, Pokemon currently are), a Team Member there will take your ticket, and hand you ONE "Lava Vader". Each store "should" get 36-48 of the figure. Each ticket is individually numbered 1-48. We hand out the number of tickets for the number of figures we receive.

I was told by a TRU manager, that ONLY TRUs having MM will be getting the "Holo Yoda".

NONE of the Central FL TRU are having MM according to her. The ONLY stores in FL will be Jacksonville and Miami.

She may have been full of crap, but I have no reason to doubt her.

OC47150
03-15-2005, 09:09 AM
Any word if TRU.com will be selling the Yoda?

bobafrett
03-16-2005, 12:00 AM
Shoot, I have to work at 7 am at the Wal-Mart store, where we are scheduled to have a "48 hours of the force" tent event. I'm supposed to be a Stormtrooper, so it will be a little hard for me to get to Target to pick this up.

mm74md
03-25-2005, 05:18 PM
No Midnight Madness at TARGETs.....8am.....and the Vader is $5.99.....

Before the store opens, a Team Member will come outside, ask who's there for the NEW SW toys, and then hand out ONE ticket per person. Once you get back to the SW aisle (located where the TMNT, Teen Titans, Pokemon currently are), a Team Member there will take your ticket, and hand you ONE "Lava Vader". Each store "should" get 36-48 of the figure. Each ticket is individually numbered 1-48. We hand out the number of tickets for the number of figures we receive.

I was told by a TRU manager, that ONLY TRUs having MM will be getting the "Holo Yoda".

NONE of the Central FL TRU are having MM according to her. The ONLY stores in FL will be Jacksonville and Miami.

She may have been full of crap, but I have no reason to doubt her.

SA Clone will arrive on May 8 along with 5 Pack Collector Cases. Looks like we will get Figures with Cups on 4/2 as well

http://www.rebelscum.com/photo.asp?image=http://www.rebelscum.com/toys2005/targetplan3.jpg

Mr. JabbaJohnL
03-25-2005, 07:02 PM
SA Clone will arrive on May 8 along with 5 Pack Collector Cases. Looks like we will get Figures with Cups on 4/2 as well

http://www.rebelscum.com/photo.asp?image=http://www.rebelscum.com/toys2005/targetplan3.jpg
D'oh! It seems like there's more and more crap every day. Why didn't they learn from the cup sets the first time? I hope there's only one kind this time, someone from ROTS to orund out the set, then that's it.

THose 5-packs are likely what JJB talked about in another thread.

Jaina Solo
04-06-2005, 06:48 PM
Uh huh. Right.

Anyway. Does anyone know if the SA Clone is #41, aka the super posable clone?

DarthChuckMc
04-06-2005, 09:39 PM
The TARGET exclusive SA Clone is different than #s 6 and 41.

No word YET on what it is....I checked the computer today, but none are in our DCs yet......it's $9.99.

Kidhuman
04-06-2005, 11:59 PM
9.99 for that, so double it like the Vader at 5.99. :D