PDA

View Full Version : The Shield Season 4

James Boba Fettfield
03-14-2005, 10:09 PM
Season 4 starts tomorrow night, folks. This is just a reminder so I don't end up carrying on with a conversation with just myself.

I love me some Vic Mackey.

James Boba Fettfield
03-15-2005, 11:12 PM
Well, who saw it? Come on, Tycho, I know you had to see it.

I think I had one of these :eek: when I saw Shane at the end of the episode. Looks like he's turning out to be like the Uber Mackey. Maybe this will lead to the showdown they never got to finish at the end of Season 3.

Was a bit sad seeing the Strike Team dissolved, however it leaves my two favorite members, Vic and Ronnie, workiing together. Tavon, wonder if he'll ever come back at all. Looked like he was on the fast road to recovery. And Lem looked lost coming back to the Barn. Man, I miss the Strike Team.

Really not much else to say. Can't wait to see how the Shane/Antwone (I have no idea how to spell that, it's the "RESPECT!" guy played by Anthony Anderson) relationship works out. Looks like Shane is under his employment, doing his dirty work. You could tell in the past seasons Shane was always itching to get dirtier as a cop, but Vic usually kept him in line. Remember it was Vic who pulled them out of the coke business after that poison incident. Now Shane's free and look what he did. Gets found in a dead CI's house wearing surgical gloves and looking like he's covering that Antwone's (sp?) ***.

Can't wait for next week.

Tycho
03-22-2005, 10:44 PM
I did see it. I didn't have time to post comments before. The season opener really didn't give me too much to talk about.

James said it all.

Shane can really get on my nerves. Not because he'll do bad things and he wants to be so bad, but because he's so stupid. I'd have more respect for the character if he'd smarten-up a bit. You're right, James, he's a loose cannon and it'd be a miracle if he can continue without getting busted.

A pal of mine bet that Vic turns in Shane to impress the new Captain so that the strike team can get put back together again. She was already leaning towards doing that in the last episode. We'll see what happens tonight. It'll be 2 more hours and 15 minutes before it comes on here in Cali. so I probably won't come back to this thread until after I've seen it and let it shock me.

Season 3 is out on DVD now for any who still did not know.

sith_killer_99
03-29-2005, 12:24 PM
Well, it looks like this season will be pretty solid. I like the way Vic get to take control of the Drug/Gang stuff and I am really starting to hate Shane. I think Glen Close is doing a stellar job.

The opening of Season 4 had me rolling for about 10 minutes! :D

Vic unleashed!!!

Maybe Hasbro could do a figure!!! LOL ;)

James Boba Fettfield
03-29-2005, 12:56 PM
I thought about Vic turning Shane in, too. But then I have to wonder the risks that would involve having Shane alive and in police custody. There's so much he knows that I would be surprised to see Vic let him go to jail alive.

Then again, Vic did bring in Gilroy alive. So who knows.

kool-aid killer
03-29-2005, 03:11 PM
Im only able to catch the rerun on Sunday so im going to be out of the loop for most of this season (though if its anything like last seasons thread this one will die shortly :rolleyes: ) but so far it seems to be developing okay. I like how Close's character went about instituting changes right off the bat (such as fixing the mens restroom) and seems to be more hands on, rather than concerned with image to individuals outside the barn. It will be interesting to see how Aceveda stays in the mix now that hes out, along with how Vic and Shane will deal with each other now that they arent on the same team, so to speak. Wheres Tavon!?!

James Boba Fettfield
03-29-2005, 10:54 PM
(though if its anything like last seasons thread this one will die shortly :rolleyes: )

Then I will abuse . . . er, use my powers and sticky this thread. Just don't tell JT. ;)

Tonight's episode almost done and a so-so episode. I do like the establishment of a somewhat new Strike Team like thing, even if it is nothing compared to the old one. It has Lem back working close to Vic and Ronnie, so I am happy. Heard Tavon's name mentioned, but I wish we would get some more in depth update on him. You know, he was supposed to start rehab near the end of season 3 and that was a few months ago, right?

Also nice to see the discussion on Shane's behavior with Vic, Lem, and Ronnie. I knew bringing him down alive and into police custody would not be a viable option. Then again, killing him probably will not do Vic, Lem, and Ronnie's careers any good. Even with Shane away from Vic, he still has to play big brother to Shane.

And that end piece with Shane, Mara, and Vic . . . how terrible she and Shane are. For everything Vic did for them and how they treat him. Too bad Vic didn't pull out the iron and give Mara a taste of Tavon's pain. :nerv: Wouldn't mind seeing that after all the crap she and Shane did last season.

Tycho
03-30-2005, 02:52 AM
What can I add? Tonight's episode was awesome.

I think the police seizures of property will definitely be abused, and if Shane comes back, he'll love abusing it.

What kind of deal is Dutch making with the DA's office? That will have some impact on the show later. He just wants to be a super-cop and Claudette's holding him back for her stubborn ethic (which is actually noble though). I'd hate to see Claudette and Dutch fall apart though, they make a great team.

Julian's going to get himself shot if he keeps trying to "save" baby-bangers.

Anybody want to see larger gang battles on the show? I know it's a drama, but a couple high-octane action episodes would be cool, btw.

Oh, and I think that the mercury causing autism in Vic's son thing is a scam. They are going to lose money big time (even after the costs of divorce) trying to sue for Matthew's mistreatment. If it's not a scam, they are still going to lose and make Vic desperate for cash. I guess the writers could surprise us and have the Maki's become rich from the settlement, but the "good life, the honest way" could still come crashing down on them because of Vic's past and Shane.

Aceveda was totally absent from tonight's episode. Was his name even in the credits? I wasn't paying attention but rather thinking about what was going on in the scenes intermixed with the cast. But Ronnie had more screen time than David this time, lol.

Anyway, still a great show. If I think of anything else I'll let you all know.

James Boba Fettfield
03-30-2005, 10:49 AM
Yeah, Benito Martinez's name was in the opening credits.

James Boba Fettfield
04-05-2005, 10:51 PM
Acevada is a slimeball. Man, what an interesting insight into his character on tonight's episode.

And this Vic vs. Shane bit has got my blood pumping. Not too smart, fell right into Vic's trap and he doesn't even know it. Also good to see he still enjoys beating people, and that new partner of his looks to be going down the same path Shane has set down and enjoying it.

Really enjoyed the stay at home rapist bit, even seeing how Vic will put aside his pride to ask Dutch for help. Too bad Dutch sunk so low to get back to not being on the bad side of the DA's office. Claudette, too.

Well, there's 10 minutes left, got to finish watching.

Tycho
04-06-2005, 03:11 AM
Well that was a great heroic effort by the police dog tonight. I hope they add the pooch to the cast ;)

At least Aceveda has a taste for a sort of hot woman, but man did his being raped screw him up (but remember, in college he had a girlfriend that liked that sort of thing. Too bad he never bothered to ask his wife if he could beat her up first, before he went out and found another woman :rolleyes: Wouldn't she have appreciated the opportunity?

(sarcasm above, just in case someone thought I wasn't kidding).

Yeah, the preview showed Shane finally getting what was coming to him. The first thing I thought about him though was that he has a baby now. It'd suck for his wife and child if he got himself killed. But that's been Shane's brain: absent.

What does "dropping a dime on someone" mean?

Why do they call it that?

Sorry - I'm not "street." I think I need a translator some times.

trandoshan666
04-06-2005, 08:00 AM
I'm pretty sure the "dropping a dime" as they used it simply making a phone call in this case an anonymous call to tell of their less-than-legal activities and get the heat turned in their direction.

James Boba Fettfield
04-13-2005, 12:01 AM
I won't go into too much depth here because we haven't been getting much in the way of return conversation. Except Tycho, ol' steady Tycho.

I will say that this week's episode had a great beginning segment and a thrilling ending. I was glued the whole episode. And Lem wants back in the Barn! Yes! I liked the Dutch/Claudette match, as well.

I was glad to see Shane get knocked around and set up for killing that girl.

This episode just felt packed full of intense moments. Next week's does not look as great, but previews can be misleading.

Tycho
04-13-2005, 02:11 AM
"I'm hungry like the wolf!" ;)

I agree with James' sentiments. I think they are setting Julian up for something as well with his latest "take a stand" attitude.

I'm liking Glenn Close on the show.

Aceveda reminds me of all the would-be paragons of virtue who aren't. He's going to get nailed with that chick. I'm waiting for them to introduce a tabloid reporter or something like that.

Claudette will get over it with Dutch I think. It'd be stretching it to escalate their storyline. I think fans want them back on the cases anyway.

You know, I have to say I like Lemansky. He's the kind of cool, laid back guy I'd get along with. He has a good heart, too. I wouldn't mind him getting a few good swings in on Shane myself.

James Boba Fettfield
04-13-2005, 11:06 AM
I forgot about that bit with Dutch in the car. I loved that for its humor and as a way of trying to make Shane feel comfortable back in the Barn.

As for Claudette and Dutch, I agree with you Tycho. I can't see this incident leading to a split between them. The show needed to put to rest the issues with the DA so they set the scene up to get Captain Rawling involved to put it to bed.

What can I say about Julien, it's what I expect. This is the same guy who was going to bring down the entire Strike Team in Season 1 but was only stopped so Vic would keep his homosexual acts a secret. I really would like to get a look into Julien's home life again. How are he and his wife doing, last I knew they were trying to have a child. Are they still fighting about it or what?

Aceveda . . . wow. The man's past can always come back to haunt him. Remember that "rape" incident from his college years and now this. I say Tycho, if someone did find out about what Aceveda is doing with the *****, then I think he'll do a lot to try and keep it hush hush.

I can't wait to see how the situation with Antwon is resolved. I wonder if he'll end up like Margos Dezirian or if his demise will find him in prison and alive.

kool-aid killer
04-13-2005, 03:00 PM
I didnt see last nights episode (got to wait until Sunday) but there is some intriguing things im reading here. I dont see the Strike Team reassembling in the way it was, even if Lem is now in. Too much bad blood and side deals would complicate that. Having said that, i think its safe to say that Vic will continue to work in his way (like sending a street gang to find a rapist) but in a much more careful manner. I cant help but think that Army (Shanes new sidekick) is cannon fodder in a couple more episodes. The new captain seems too good to be true, shes doing everything Aceveda didnt, im waiting for the bubble to burst on her, it wouldnt be The Shield if it didnt.

OC47150
04-13-2005, 04:27 PM
Finally got round to watching an episode. It's grittier this season, and I like that.

Glenn Close is adding a new element to the show.

kool-aid killer
04-19-2005, 03:14 PM
Okay, finally seen the last episode and i wonder if Shane will run to Vic to help him clean up his Antwon Mitchell act. Its so odd to see Anthony Anderson playing in a serious role, but he is believable in this. I think we are done seeing Dutch and Claudette on the dookie list now that the new captain is on to the game, though i think she will have a word with Dutch about it. Where is Kern?

OC47150
04-19-2005, 04:10 PM
Halfway through last week's episode. Need to finish it. I will tape tonight's but don't know if I'll watch it before heading to C3.

Shane's new partner has 'dead meat' tattooed on his forehead.

Tycho
04-19-2005, 04:21 PM
I don't remember what happened to Kern. He's still alive and making rap albums I believe.

Titto was toasted alive in a flaming tire by the Mexican gang Vic eventually took down (that burned Ronnie's face). Titto had been running Kern's drug business. But Kern was leaving all that as he made his music career happen and ever since things with Rondell went bad in the 1st season.

I think Kern is probably just out there living in Bel Air or something. On The Shield, crime can pay.

James Boba Fettfield
04-19-2005, 05:12 PM
Kern...man, I believe in Season 3, though I forget which episode, there is an episode dealing with the guys left in charge of the gang while Kern is in Europe touring. Don't believe Kern has been mentioned since.

James Boba Fettfield
04-19-2005, 10:30 PM
Dutch is movin' in on ex-Mrs. Mackey!

And that ending left me tingling. It's not about protecting Shane anymore. It's about stopping him.

kool-aid killer
04-26-2005, 03:48 PM
Kerns been on tour for a long time then, it seems odd that he would just drop off like that, its not like Sticky Fingaz (the guy who plays Kern) is very busy anyways.

Finally seen last weeks episode, anybody else think its possible that Army goes to Vic for help seeing as how Shane appears to have no idea how to get them out of the pickle he has put them in? I think Dutch sees a way to screw Mackey over by hooking up with his wife, i see him getting a knuckle sandwich for doing so, though there is no telling what all he will reveal to her about Mackey and his doings. Is Julien going to go through with Aceveda? Will it matter once their "flaws" are revealed to others?

Tycho
04-27-2005, 03:17 AM
Wow! Tonight's episode was awesome. The tension between Vic and Shane is maxing!

I really like Captain Rawlings. I respected the point Julian made by arresting the white guy. He was right about the profiling, but also he and the captain are both right about the arrests. They work in an ethnic area though, so of course the majority of their arrests will be ethnic minorities. The poverty of the area speaks volumes about the temptations there, too.

James Boba Fettfield
04-27-2005, 11:06 AM
I'll get my thoughts on this episode when I see the repeat, which I think one is on Friday night. Fell asleep last night and woke up around 12:30! Man, I hate waiting longer than the standard week to see The Shield.

OC47150
04-27-2005, 11:15 AM
I taped last night's episode. Missed last week's with the church raid. Was going to tape it Sunday night but I was so tired after C3 I forgot all about it.

James Boba Fettfield
04-29-2005, 11:41 PM
Watching it for the first time right now. I really liked what Julien did in this episode. And the fact that one of the bootleg DVD's was 28 Days Later, that was a nice placement.

And even though I knew about the Shane deal with Atwone wanting him to kill Mackey, I was still floored by seeing it. Man, how those two have changed. I was also loving how Vic kept giving Shane that stare :frus: after he saw the tape.

kool-aid killer
05-03-2005, 01:01 AM
I think Danny and the Capt Rawlings didnt appreciate Julian turning the tables on them, so to speak. But he was following the new procedures. I liked this episode a lot but the next one looks to be among the best ever. Man i cant wait until next Sunday.

Tycho
05-03-2005, 01:36 PM
Julian was right.

I agree with his call.

I also understand why he is angry, though I'm not going to be stating the politically correct:

Probably an overwhelming majority of gang members are non-whites.

Julian's frustrated with that - and that it is LOGICAL to assume young ethnic minorities (black, Latino, sometimes Asian) with drugs and tattoos could be criminal street gang members. He's a cop. probably 9 times out of 10, if he pulls over someone fitting a description like that they could match documented gang profiles the cops already have and Julian knows that.

The white guy that he pulled over had an open container of alcohol and bootleg DVDs (which are contraband). He also had tattoos.

His age was the most noticeable thing that made him unlikely to be a gang member. A younger white male with that description could be 1) in a white street gang (or hillbilly gang, skin heads, whatever), or 2) one of those whites who "wants to be black" or whatever (Eminem) who joins a street gang "to be bad" or because they live in the same poor, ghetto circumstances (like Eminem's mom - at least I think I heard that about him).

This guy didn't seem to ring "gang member." However, he was breaking at least 2 laws (bootlegging, and DUI with an open container). Upholding his DVD thing up to the same standards of "intent to sell" as discovered pot or cocaine, well Julian was right, if unnecessarily rough with the guy - though that's how the black kids are treated (though it is logical to suspect that the black kids would be more likely to be armed and resist arrest violently if they are suspected street gang members).

In any event, Julian was also right about the degree to which the laws are applied:

1) to impound this guy's car over 1 open container of a $400 wine and 2 DVD's he might have had for personal use is really harsh. The punishment's not fitting the crime. They'd need to establish a history of income from being in a bootleg DVD gang (those exist - see your local swap meet)

2) if they take the young black kid's car, he'll still have to make the payments, have no car to get to work, and his pot may or may not have been for sale - they are assuming a lot because the kids had tattoos and some were documented as gang members. One was the natural brother of the driver though, if I'm not mistaken. Julian's right: under such unfortunate adversity and challenge to his life - paying for a car you no longer have - you're not going to respect the police (and through extension) the law, and you're going to break it (become a full fledged criminal) for revenge. There's a part of me that knows I would. I understand where the hate comes from with that guy that just tried to kill a judge and then had someone from his white supremist group kill her family while he was in prison (in real life). You can push someone too far. It doesn't mean they are right to do that. But it means that you have to evaluate how far you take things when trying to create justice with application of the law.

Taking that kid's car without total proof it was bought by drug money (and the kid has a regular job which is likely the source of his car payment funds) - is wrong.

kool-aid killer
05-03-2005, 01:58 PM
Tycho are you talking about the recent event where a judges husband and mother were killed? I think you might be a little confused in the story: the white supremecist leader was in jail for attempting to set up her murder at one time, but i do not believe the man who actually did it was associated with him or his group. His problem with her stemmed from something else.

I think if Julien is sent to another precint Aceveda is going to try and spin it as an objector to the seizures policy being shipped off by the captain (in her attempt to stifle dissent within the Barn) to his concerned constituents.

Tycho
05-03-2005, 02:01 PM
kool-aide: I think you're right on both counts :)

kool-aid killer
05-11-2005, 12:51 AM
So did anybody catch last weeks episode or have you people decided to forsake this thread? I loved how Vic pulled his gun on Shane and basically made him cry and 'fess up like the imbecile that he is. I think Vic will help him out, but still be wary of working with Shane. Part of me feels Shane was sincere in not wanting to do it, he expressed reluctance with Antwon and tried to get out of it by appealing to Halpern. Anybody else notice the goofy smile Dutch had on his face while Corrine was around? I think hes going to be eating a knuckle sandwich courtesy of Vic real soon. I also think hes going to find that money Vic gave her and is going to have some major dirt on him, but i wouldnt be suprised if thats what the season end off in. No new episode tonight so im all caught up right now.

James Boba Fettfield
05-11-2005, 01:00 AM
Too bad Vic pulled his gun before Shane could confess. No doubt Shane was going to tell Vic everything, but now it seems like he only confessed to keep Vic from killing him right there. I thought for sure something explosive was going to happen there, but the writers surprised me by ending it as calmly as they did.

And of course Dutch is going to find that money. Or maybe the writers just want to make us think he'll find it. Hmmm. Anyway, aren't they selling their house still? And there will be people there to see the house as part of buying it? It just seems wrong for Vic not to take a part in helping her hide the money better than that.

I also hope Army is killed soon. :)

sith_killer_99
05-11-2005, 03:13 AM
What, no comment on Vic's little escapade with Danny? :D ;)

I am really enjoying this season big time. This show just keeps getting better and better.

I'm sure Shane would have fessed up to Vic before he pulled the gun. I am wondering how Army is going to fit into all this, and what about the IAD guy they want to drop in. Vic will sniff that out in 2 seconds flat. I just don't see it happening. I hope to see them do some more stuff with Lem's character! I really like the character, but he dosen't get much story, and poor Ronnie is barely a supporting cast member.

As for Dutch, I think he likes the idea of dating Vic's ex too much. There's no way that thing can last. Vic will ultimatly confront him over it, probably about 1/2 a second after he finds out. I'm glad to see Dutch and Claudette working together as more of a team. The "stressful partnership" thing isn't working for me. I would love to see them end up together, if only for a one night stand! That would be hilarious! "You complete me." LOL

CPT Rawling is working out very well, Glen Close is doing an outstanding job!

David has gone a little too twisted IMO, kinda like when Dutch killed the cat...seriously dark!

Julian is quickly becoming an outsider again. :rolleyes:

I can't wait for the next new episode!

OC47150
05-11-2005, 07:44 AM
Last week's episode, or at least the ending, had an odd feel to it. Like Vic knows he's walking into someone's sights.

I missed the episode where Dutch and Corrine started dating. I remember some casual flirting at the hospital but when she came into the station, woa!

I like Danny. Surprised she and Vic hadn't hooked up earlier, or at least since Season 1.

And Acevada has gone too far. It wouldn't surprise me that the woman goes public with his issues and it could ruin his political career. A good way to end the season.

kool-aid killer
05-11-2005, 02:28 PM
As for Dutch, I think he likes the idea of dating Vic's ex too much. There's no way that thing can last. Vic will ultimatly confront him over it, probably about 1/2 a second after he finds out. I'm glad to see Dutch and Claudette working together as more of a team. The "stressful partnership" thing isn't working for me. I would love to see them end up together, if only for a one night stand! That would be hilarious! "You complete me." LOL

I agree with you and what you say about Dutch. I think he sees it as a way to get back at Vic for being somewhat of a bully to him, after all, how many times has Vic done or said something to humilate him among their peers? I think Dutch sees dating his ex-wife as the ultimate response to all those actions, could you imagine the look on Vics face if his children called Dutch daddy?

James Boba Fettfield
05-17-2005, 11:13 PM
Holy ****! That was an episode, boys! It was great seeing our familiar strike team together and doing what they do best, play dirty. Vic, I love seeing him get back in with the criminals again.

And that ending! Could they not have picked a better way to end that show?! 90 minute episode next week! Man, too much excitement from seeing that preview! Things look like they are going to blow open, and hopefully they do! Dirty Shane, the dead girl's body that looks like the entire police force is looking for, Vic trying to hold everything together. I want a punch to the stomach like the first episode of The Shield gave me!

****, I love The Shield. :beard:

trandoshan666
05-17-2005, 11:46 PM
Yeah, it was a great episode through and through. I'm watching it again right now.

Tycho
05-25-2005, 02:47 AM
I can't believe tonight's episode had a happy ending!

What a trip we took tonight, eh?

Shane still has to take a lie detector test and next week's preview made that look pretty scary for him.

But they took Antwonne Mitchell down. What do you know?

The writing for this show gets better and better every season, every week.

James Boba Fettfield
05-25-2005, 10:57 AM
It was a happy ending...yeah, I guess it was. Vic, even though he's done some terrible things in the past, put himself on the line to keep Shane out of big trouble. Now the Captain seems to have taken an Acevada attitude toward Vic. But he saved Shane, which is why Vic is the greatest.

I was surprised to see the lie detector used as a large part of next week's preview. At the end of this week's episode Vic and the gang made it sound like beating it (with vicodin I believe) was an easy task.

I know one thing, though. I had one of these :classic: when I saw the Strike Team come together and vow to do whatever is necessary to find the cop killers. That's the Strike Team I know and love.

Now, what about Tavon? Is Army his replacement or are we going to be getting word on how Tavon is doing? This season is nearing it's end and there's been how many mentions of Tavon? One maybe?

Tycho
05-25-2005, 01:07 PM
Maybe they can't get that actor back?

No one from the Humane Society has come after Dutch for killing that cat!

But yeah, Tavon is a loose end, as is the guy Army shot (Antwon Mitchell's lieuteniant in his gang). What song is that guy going to sing? How long will he keep quiet for Vic now that Antwon is going down?

I FORGOT: does Aceveda's wife know he was "raped" by those thugs. Did he ever tell her? My friend said yes. But I don't recall. I think that was Season 3 and I have to pick up those DVDs.

In any case, he's been having a field day with his prostitute therapy :rolleyes:

Some of my friends have suggested that Aceveda killed the two missing/found-dead cops. Either to prove a point about Monica's seizure policy or maybe he made them "suck" first as part of his downward spiral in psychosis.

In any case, we all think that the police and justice system and city governments - especially Los Angeles' - don't really work to serve the people.

This show points out clearly a lot of the "why's."

If Monica Rawlings gets inmeshed in the cover-up, as she might join the strike team guys on that one, she could drag everyone including the Chief of Police into it, and the whole cover up will go back all the way to the top.

But I can't believe The Shield will have a happy ending in totality.

That poor cat's killer will be found!

kool-aid killer
05-25-2005, 01:29 PM
I think Tavon has only been mentioned in the first episode. Tycho, Acevedas wife does know that he was raped, if you recall there was a conversation between (regarding his lack of coming home) and she said something to the effect of "Why does it feel like i was the one raped?" and told him to do what he needed to do in order to get over it.

Im somewhat content, i was able to catch the last 35 minutes of this episode so i have some sort of idea what you are all talking about today. I think Halpern (Antwons second in command) will cause some problems for these last couple of episodes, since Antwon said he knew who killed the cops.

James Boba Fettfield
05-25-2005, 02:17 PM
Well, if they can't get the actor back, I'd still like some closure. Last we actually saw of Tavon, I believe, was when Lem lied to him and made Tavon believe he hurt Shane's wife. That messed with him psychologically and was one of the big reasons why Lem had a problem with Shane. Just give me a verbal something about Tavon's fate. You know, he's not able to return to active duty, he quit the force, etc. Just something to give me closure on that issue that played such an integral part of Season 3. I don't doubt the writers will revisit the Tavon issue, after all they did revisit Gilroy in Season 4 after he was supposed to have fled south of the border. So if they give us closure on that one, I've got faith they'll do the same with Tavon.

I heard similar suspicions by people about Aceveda killing those two cops, too. Personally, it's not a theory I will subscribe to. He may be messed up in the head, but not that messed up.

I am surprised to see how Monica wants to get some dirt on Vic now. Especially after that cop told her he couldn't find anything on Vic and that she wants him to stay on Vic. You would think, considering her past boyfriend and what he did to put away Antwon once, she would let up a bit on Vic. I can understand pressing Shane and Army, but Vic was doing what it sounds like she would have done for her boyfriend who planted evidence to get Antwon convicted.

Makes me wonder what, if anything, they'll find on Vic. Next week, according to an online episode guide, Vic's ex-wife tells him that she is dating Dutch. Now that's got to play a role in all of this. It would be very interesting to see what Dutch would do if he found that large stash of money at her house. He's emotionally involved with Vic's family now, so he'd be conflicted to try and find anything out about that money. Imagine being responsible for hurting Vic in that way, something tells me Dutch wouldn't play by the book in that situation.

You can see I really like The Shield.

OC47150
05-25-2005, 02:52 PM
Taped it. Can't wait to watch it.

Tavon's been mentioned at least once, that I know of. Have a feeling he won't be back.

James Boba Fettfield
05-31-2005, 11:01 PM
Looks like the Strike Team is back and without the outsider Army for good. Lem and Shane are on some good terms again, too. Dutch messes up his relationship with Vic's ex, thus Vic wins again.

I am interested to see how Shane fared during that polygraph test.

Can't think of much else to say. Well, I was excited by Vic's last line during the episode. 8 months to make up with Shane, Lem, and Ronnie together at his side. Damn right, Vic, it's been way too long.

kool-aid killer
06-06-2005, 02:48 PM
Im sure Shane passed with flying colors, given how the guy is a habitual liar. Its unfortunate that Army didnt work out, i liked him more than Ronnie. I figured Dutch and Corrine wouldnt last, how many woman have dumped/dissed him now? Anybody else think finding those two dead cops reformed Aceveda both publicly and privately? Hes been acting a bit different in the last couple of episodes.

Anybody notice the actor who played "Kern" in FX's commercial promotions for the new Steven Bochco television series? Looks like hes done with the Shield. If there is one thing that bugs me about the show, its the loose ends it leaves with a lot of characters who appear.

James Boba Fettfield
06-06-2005, 06:32 PM
I have not noticed Kern in the promos for Over There. I saw the guy who had parts in U-571 and ER, but recognized no one else.

And just a word of warning, I won't be seeing this week's episode or next week's finale (no F/X), so it's up to you guys to keep the discussion going. I'll be interested reading what happens and be sure to reply with some sort of feedback on what is said.

Tycho
06-08-2005, 02:25 AM
Wow! Tonight's episode was one of the most surprising and best of the season!

I couldn't believe that they were so dumb to let that Russian mob dude blow himself up! That was too funny actually.

Nice touch with the pieces of body parts all over in the debris.

And Aceveda cutting a deal with Antwon Mitchell so that he could get rid of his "lover behind bars?"

You know that'll complete his turn to the dark side: implicating him in a murder!

I saw that coming - but even the predictible plotlines are entertaining on this show.

I loved Captain Rawlings performance, too. And Dutch punching Vic!

trandoshan666
06-08-2005, 08:04 AM
It was a purely entertaining episode. The teaser for the season finale said the show would be one character's last. Any thoughts on who goes next week?

Tycho
06-08-2005, 01:36 PM
Glenn Close could have just done the show to get work and get her name out there - her character wouldn't be killed, but she'd quit the force or request a transfer if they can her seizure policy.

David Aceveda will become a recurring character or get taken down for setting up his blow-up friend to be murdered in prison by Mitchell. - Doubt it though.

Vic will ....nah. He's the star of the show.

Dutch will request a transfer and leave since he's so unloved at the office. (Not likely)

Claudette will request a transfer or retire since she's been used less on the show lately and she's sick of how the place has twisted even Dutch - and how she wasn't made captain. Or - if Glenn Close leaves, maybe Claudette will become captain?

Lemansky - nah... He's very cool but his character would have to be played up more for the love so that it'd be really tragic if he's knocked off. But maybe ...nah. They just got the strike team back together in sorts.

Shane - maybe. He'd get killed if he got off the show. All this crap with Army etc. would come back to bite him and he'd do something really stupid to jepordize everyone, and then die to spare everyone else. He's become a huge star of the show and the build-up was greater several episodes ago - so I'd have thought they'd have done this when they knew the girl's body would be found - but before that had been found out by everyone.

Julian - maybe. He's been slated for transfer, but he's the only black male "good guy" on the show, and his storylines about racial profiling had just gotten interesting. I doubt he'd go.

Dani - she just got shot - but it didn't look life-threatening. She's always been an interesting character anyway. I don't think they'd take her away. She's the most femanine female lead they have, as well as the eye candy.

Captain Rawlings - Shane - Aceveda - they make my short list.

you?

trandoshan666
06-08-2005, 09:56 PM
I'm not sure why, but I have this feeling that Lem's gone. I hope it doesn't turn out that way.

OC47150
06-09-2005, 08:31 AM
Aceveda is at the top of my list, especially since his deal with the DEA didn't sit too well with everyone.

Shane's next, just 'cause he's been such a bad a@# this season. He's redeemed himself in the last few episodes, but is it enough?

Rawling won't die; she'll be transferred or retire. The pressure's on her from the higher-ups.

Army's not a regular, but it could be him, too. A nice clean out for his character.

Tycho
06-15-2005, 03:39 AM
Go Lemansky! Yeah!

That was a serious butt-kicking scene! I really jumped to the edge of my seat thinking they were going to kill him and then he pulls through. Wow!

That was one of the most heart-stopping moments of ANY season!

I thought Glenn Close did this as a temp job. I hope maybe something will happen and she'll consider doing Season 5. I hope so. Captain Rawlings is awesome - especially when she took down the bad youth home!

Aceveda got rid of his boyfriend and doesn't appear like he'll ever get caught.

Why is Lemon the one they'll catch with the tar heroine thing? He's the nicest, most decent dude on the Strike Team (since we don't really know Ronnie that well even after 4 years).

Something's going to go down with Vic and his daughter, or they'll use her moving home with Connie as a reason for Vic and her to get back together. Looks like peace has been made with Dutch, too.

I for a moment thought Dutch was going to take the Captain's job. I just couldn't see him handling that role - but it'd have made an amazing character transition if he could have found respect in that position.

I wonder if they'll have the "guest star of the season" as captain each year now?

I'd die laughing if Michael Ironside came in as the next Captain! (partly because he could play the role well).

Who else is washed up and needs a job on a cable TV show? (Not to slight Glenn Close - I want her back!)

I think a black male would make sense for the Farmington Community after all the seizure policy mess as well though.

Avery Brooks would be awesome in the role.
Morgan Freeman would cost them too much, but he could be great.
Samuel Jackson - wow! But not likely considering he's also a big film actor.

Claudette getting the job after all would be great though.

Choice 1: Glenn Close as Capt. Rawlings
Choice 2: C.H. Pounder as Claudette Williams
Choice 3: black male, preferably older, who does not like Vic Makki and Shane

The Asst. Chief might be that black male if he can be asked to temporarily step in and work out of Farmington.

Looking at issues with a black male captain (older) would definitely put Julian in a new position - with someone to listen to him. That could be interesting.

trandoshan666
06-15-2005, 08:00 AM
Man, I thought Lem was dead, too. That was an awesome scene.
I agree that it would be nice to see Rawlings come back somehow, but I've always wanted to see Claudette in that role. But Michael Ironsides would work, too. ;)

OC47150
06-17-2005, 10:52 AM
[QUOTE=trandoshan666]Man, I thought Lem was dead, too. That was an awesome scene.

I thought Lem was a goner. I was waiting for that shotgun to go off in his face.

The final couple of minutes, I thought one of two things was going to happen: Rawling was going to walk into the bar and celebrate with the crew, or she was going to blow her brains out on the couch at home. Glad the latter didn't happen.

It wouldn't surprise me if GC showed up for a couple of episodes in Season 5, just as a bridge.

And Dutch as temporary CO? THAT would've been interesting!

Great season. Still need to catch an episode or two I missed. Now we have to wait until '06 for more.