PDA

View Full Version : Soundtrack Warning for the Spoiler Free!

Rocketboy
03-14-2005, 11:45 PM
There are NO spoliers below

On another site (comingsoon.net), they have a headline that says:

Revenge of the Sith Soundtrack listing
Song titles give away certain plot points

Just wanted to give a heads up so the Spoiler Free can remain Spoiler Free if they pick up the soundtrack before the movie opens (especially after the Phantom Menace/Death of Qui-Gon fiasco - it still angers me).

JediTricks
03-14-2005, 11:56 PM
Good to know, thanks. TPM really burned us badly, yet AOTC I don't remember being like that (though I certainly could be wrong there, I didn't give that soundtrack much attention) so I wasn't sure what to expect with this one.

Slicker
03-15-2005, 03:56 AM
I think that TPM soundtrack really upset alot of people and somebody didn't think that through very well. I'm not exactly spoiler free so I'm curious as to what's on the soundtrack that could cause spoilers. And please don't anybody answer that as this is a spoiler free forum. I've made the mistake before and had to sing many a song of shame.:(

El Chuxter
03-16-2005, 03:25 PM
Any idea of how big a spoiler it is? Are we talking "Qui-Gon's Noble End" or "Confrontation with Count Dooku" here?

JEDIpartner
03-16-2005, 03:39 PM
I think that TPM soundtrack really upset alot of people and somebody didn't think that through very well.

I personally think the people who were trying to stay spoiler free and who picked it up weren't thinking it through very well. Pieces of music are titled for what they are... not because someone doesn't want to know what happens in the movie. That all becomes irrelevant once the movie is shown/seen. So... why EFF it up for the mere two to three weeks before the film opens?

Anyhow... I'm most excited about the DVD that is coming out. I hope it was done creatively and doesn't smack of cheapness.

El Chuxter
03-16-2005, 03:51 PM
Agree and disagree with you there, JP. The tracks are titled for what they represent in the film, but there's different degrees of spoilerocity in the titles.

"Qui-Gon's Noble End" could just as easily have been titled "Fight to the Death" or "Confrontation with Darth Maul." Even "Death of a Jedi" wouldn't have been quite as huge a spoiler.

"Love Theme and the Arena" tells you pretty much nothing about what specifically is going on.

But in any case, I've looked up the song titles, and here's the full list.

Warning: Made-Up Spoilers Ahead!
1. Main Titles/Count Dooku Dies
2. Mace Dies
3. Ki-Adi Mundi Dies
4. Jar Jar Binks Dies
5. Kit Fisto Dies
6. Bariss Offee Dies
7. General Grievous Dies
8. Nute Gunray Dies
9. Padme Dies
10. Plo Koon Dies
11. Obi-Wan Almost Dies
12. Anakin Dies
13. Lord Vader, Rrrrrise/End Titles

Rocketboy
03-17-2005, 12:15 AM
Any idea of how big a spoiler it is? Are we talking "Qui-Gon's Noble End" or "Confrontation with Count Dooku" here?Couldn't tell you (I didn't look), but I'll hope there's a song called "Jar Jar and the Magic Jelly Bean."

JEDIpartner
03-17-2005, 08:54 AM
"Qui-Gon's Noble End" could just as easily have been titled "Fight to the Death"

I always thought they were referring to Liam Neeson's butt... ;)

JediTricks
03-17-2005, 08:57 PM
Damn Chux, at first glace you totally got me on that list! Should have waited until April 1st for that post. :D

Mr. JabbaJohnL
03-18-2005, 07:27 PM
I've read the track listing, and there isn't anything too spoileriffic, unless you haven't yet figured out some of the extremely basic plot points. There isn't anything that reveals anyone dying, but there is a few songs that reveal who gets born. There are some very interesting title tracks. Galactichunter had it a few days ago, if anyone wants it.

JediTricks
03-18-2005, 09:32 PM
If any mods of this section who have read the list can determine if it's a significant enough spoiler to warrant a forums warning, please go ahead and COPY (not move) this thread into the Music section so word gets around. Thanks. :)

JON9000
03-19-2005, 01:07 AM
Damn Chux, at first glace you totally got me on that list! Should have waited until April 1st for that post. :D
Ha ha, me too!

El Chuxter
04-06-2005, 02:04 PM
I just broke down and read the titles. No real worries, unless you honestly have no idea who becomes Darth Vader and why he goes around wearing a ton of armor and life support systems. No "Qui-Gon's Noble End" here. (Or "Mace Windu Fights Palpatine and Palpatine Stomps on Him With an AT-TE, But Kit Fisto Saves Mace at the Last Second So Grievous Can Kill Them Both in the Next Scene.")

(Grievous isn't really a spoiler at this point, is he?)

Pendo
04-06-2005, 02:17 PM
I just broke down and read the titles. No real worries, unless you honestly have no idea who becomes Darth Vader and why he goes around wearing a ton of armor and life support systems. No "Qui-Gon's Noble End" here. (Or "Mace Windu Fights Palpatine and Palpatine Stomps on Him With an AT-TE, But Kit Fisto Saves Mace at the Last Second So Grievous Can Kill Them Both in the Next Scene.")

(Grievous isn't really a spoiler at this point, is he?)
I know the titles of two tracks, but that's thanks to Hyperspace. I'm still planning on listening to the soundtrack without knowing the track titles, and see if I can figure out what is happening during the music. It'll be rather fun to find out how wrong I was :p

PENDO!

El Chuxter
04-06-2005, 02:25 PM
I know the titles of two tracks, but that's thanks to Hyperspace. I'm still planning on listening to the soundtrack without knowing the track titles, and see if I can figure out what is happening during the music. It'll be rather fun to find out how wrong I was :p

PENDO!

Even so, when you consider how out of whack the track titles and order have been on the TPM and AOTC soundtracks (even simply being the wrong music when compared to the film, as on both the first tracks on those two), it shouldn't affect it too much.

"Confrontation with Count Dooku and Finale"? Who was confronting Dooku while that played, his chaffeur droid?

If you want to go back a bit further, the original releases of the OT soundtracks were even worse. The track entitled "Funeral Pyre for a Jedi" on the boxed set and "Light of the Force" on the SE soundtrack (when Luke cremates Vader's armor) was called "Rebel Briefing" when the record first came out in 1983. :eek::confused:

I'm not too worried, especially since the OT and a bit of common sense can tell me the gyst of the story anyway. The track titles (and presumably the music) don't say how or why these things will happen, which is what's important.