PDA

View Full Version : Who is flying the Falcon in ESB before the asteroid chase?

mm74md
03-15-2005, 05:14 PM
I watched ESB over the weekend and was really confused. When Han & Chewie were working on the hyperdrive after they left Hoth, who was flying the Falcon? Han said something like "That wasn't a laser blast, something hit us" then they run back to the cockpit.

Was it Leia or Auto-Pilot?

Ji'dai
03-15-2005, 05:50 PM
Probably auto-pilot. Maybe some of Han's "upgrades" to the Falcon included programming the ship's computer to be capable of executing evasive or combat tactics during a battle when both pilots may be away from the cockpit.

Slicker
03-15-2005, 07:20 PM
I always thought it was Leia cuz isn't she in the pilots chair when she calls for Han to get to the cockpit?

Turbowars
03-15-2005, 10:15 PM
Oh man, now when put the DVD on for the 10000 time that's all im going to be thinking about. Dame it, who cares!!lol

JediTricks
03-16-2005, 12:58 AM
It's Leia, after that line she calls Han to the cockpit by saying "Han, get up here!" In fact, I checked the script and right after that line it says:

INTERIOR: MILLENNIUM FALCON -- COCKPIT

Out the front cockpit window, they see hundreds of asteroids racing by.

LEIA: Asteroids!

Han changes places with Leia who has been at the controls, and Chewie gets into his chair. Han works his controls as a chunk of rock crosses in front of the ship.

Ji'dai
03-17-2005, 02:49 PM
Piffle, Leia can't pilot, she's a girl. I think she likes the Falcon cockpit since it affords the best view on the ship. Leia probably sits in there and tries to pick out the Alderaan nebula and asteroid field in whatever part of the galaxy she's in.

What other vehicle has she piloted? The speederbike... but look what happened during that little episode. She not only wrecked the damn thing but got lost in the process.

El Chuxter
03-17-2005, 03:01 PM
In Splinter of the Mind's Eye, she flew a Y-Wing. There's no reason to believe she can't fly. After all, would you expect a pampered little princess like her to be such a deadly marks(wo)man? (Especially since her home planet outlawed weapons after the Clone Wars.)

The Falcon, according to most sources, has several AI computers that speak in odd dialects (3PO makes a comment about this once) and occasionally argue amongst themselves, causing more problems. I always assumed one or more of these was flying the ship, while Leia monitored, ready to take manual control if needed.

Rocketboy
03-17-2005, 03:44 PM
What other vehicle has she piloted? The speederbike... but look what happened during that little episode. She not only wrecked the damn thing but got lost in the process.Well, Leia isn't much of a pilot if she was flying the Falcon, because she did a good job flying right into the asteroid field and slamming into a few before call Han.
Further proof of her lack of flying skills is the way she slammed into a tree on Endor.

Never let a Princess behind the controls...

JediTricks
03-17-2005, 08:16 PM
Man, you guys are harsh, her speederbike was SHOT in ROTJ which is why it crashed, and in ESB she was being driven into the asteroid belt by the Imperial Navy because Han's hyperdrive wouldn't motivate. Leia gets up and helps Chewie fly the Falcon in ANH when the TIE Fighters attack, and Leia helps Chewie pilot again in ESB when Lando goes up the top hatch to get Luke.