PDA

View Full Version : Wal-Mart stops the sale of ROTS figures & toys

ndjedi
03-15-2005, 05:00 PM
Okay, I knew it had to come to an end someday, but Wal-Mart has followed K-Mart's lead and they have stopped all sales of ROTS toys until April 2. I tried to buy all 12 figures of Col 2 today at my local Wallyworld and they rang up "DO NOT SALE." The dumb assistant manager lady said that she thinks they were "recalled due to small parts that children could choke on" I just laughed at her, and told her, no ma'am it's because they are out before April 2. She insisted that they were banned and recalled. Some folks can be so silly and not listen.
I had been buying ROTS toys since this past Saturday from that same Wal-Mart, and today they put a stop to it. I am sure Target will be next in line to ban all ROTS toy sales. I was so mad, for when you have the money on hand to buy 12 figures @ 5.24 each, they say they can't sell to you.:cry:
Sounds like the Sith got their Revenge after all.

JEDIpartner
03-15-2005, 05:12 PM
Yep... street dates are now in effect!

Sith Lord 0498
03-15-2005, 05:22 PM
Even the price scanners come up "Please see associate for help" (yeah sure... ;) )

I'm glad I found my haul yesterday morning.

Rocketboy
03-15-2005, 05:40 PM
At least some of you were able to get some (heck even see some) before they stopped...

Slicker
03-15-2005, 06:11 PM
At least some of you were able to get some (heck even see some) before they stopped...I know that's what I'm saying. I never even saw a single thing except for Ani's Starfighter that didn't have the little Preview sticker on it.

Sith Lord 0498
03-15-2005, 06:23 PM
At least some of you were able to get some (heck even see some) before they stopped...

Actually, the reason I know about the price scanner is because they never took the ROTS lightsabers off the shelves despite the crackdown. I scanned a Yoda saber to get that message.

I really feel bad for the kid who gets to pick out a toy for Easter, watches mommy or daddy go to the register, hand it to the cashier, swipe it over the scanner, and BEEP...

...REJECTED!!!!!

Am I alone in thinking this will likely happen if stores don't get their sh** together and either sell the products or get them out of sight already??!?

ronhudy
03-15-2005, 07:04 PM
When AOTC came out, I found a lone Battle Droid near the bike stuff at Wal-Mart a few weeks ahead of the release date, and when scanned, it wouldn't ring up. The cashier asked me if I knew how much it was. I told her and she did an override! :)

My son was lucky enough to have found 3 ROTS figs so far...Chancellor Palpatine, Aayla Secura, and C3PO. Guess we'll have to wait until 04/02 for the rest!

Ric Olie
03-15-2005, 07:52 PM
I was so mad, for when you have the money on hand to buy 12 figures @ 5.24 each, they say they can't sell to you.:cry:
Sounds like the Sith got their Revenge after all.

$5.25? The RotS figures are 5.88 at my Walmarts. Thank goodness I was able to snag four figures before the ban.

Joshkj
03-15-2005, 08:05 PM
If walmart stores send back all of the ROTS stuff thinking its a recall, it will be the greatest screw up of all time lol lol lol

JetsAndHeels
03-15-2005, 08:13 PM
I have heard from several sources in my area that particular WalMarts here are selling them and others are not. I tend to believe this, since on Sunday I was able to buy a few figures early. I am going to try a couple of WM's tomorrow after work just to see what happens. Call it a social experiment, if you like. lol

ndjedi
03-15-2005, 10:19 PM
I Pulled A Good One Later Tonight at anohter Wal-Mart. This Wal-Mart was also blocking the sale of new ROTS toys, i did a price check at the near by scanner in the toy dept there, and it did not scan. I figured since there were about 8 Collection 2 figures still out on the pegs, I decided that I would take up a Sneak Preview figure to the registars as well. There were two young girls there at the check out. All the lines were long, they first scanned the Preview figure, which I had placed 1st on the conveyor belt and it rang up 5.24, then the other figures would not scan so they just scanned the 1st preview figure at 5.24 a couple of times, and I had bought my Col 2 figures! THEY DID NOT EVEN HESITATE OR ASK ME ANYTHING! If this will help esp before the crack down at all Wal-Marts takes place, give it a try, you will never know until you try!
I found a way around Lucas' evil ban on the early sale of all ROTS toys! LOL

JetsAndHeels
03-15-2005, 10:22 PM
I Pulled A Good One Later Tonight at anohter Wal-Mart. This Wal-Mart was also blocking the sale of new ROTS toys, i did a price check at the near by scanner in the toy dept there, and it did not scan. I figured since there were about 8 Collection 2 figures still out on the pegs, that I would take up a Sneak Preview figure to the registars as well. There were two young girls there at the check out. All the lines were long, they first scanned the Preview figure, which I had placed 1st on the conveyor belt and it rang up 5.24, then the other figures would not ring so they just scanned the 1st preview figure at 5.24, and I had bought my Col 2 figures! If this will help esp before the crack down at all Wal-Marts takes place, give it a try, you will never know until you try!
I found a way around Lucas' evil ban on the early sale of all ROTS toys! LOL

Good idea, but did you have to also buy the Preview figure? Since I have all 4 of them I would not want to buy anymore.

ndjedi
03-15-2005, 10:26 PM
Good idea, but did you have to also buy the Preview figure? Since I have all 4 of them I would not want to buy anymore.

NO, for I told the two girls that I did not want that one figure, the Preview figure after all because I didn't think all the toys would be that much! They took the preivew figure out of my bag! They just had to delete one figure from the final sale.

bobafrett
03-15-2005, 10:27 PM
From what I've been told by our management team, we (stores selling ROTS figs w/street date) can be fined heavily for selling the toys before the street date.

BTW, we got a pallet in today with the clone wars DVD's, and in that display were exclusive 2 sets of 3 packs of Clone Wars figures. I bought one of each. Then I read on the outside box, that it had a strret date of 3/22/05, not sure if that was for the DVD's or the figures, or the whole pallet which also had EPI DVD's.

Clonetrooper1131
03-15-2005, 11:28 PM
I've figured as much, I hit two Walmarts tonight and there was nothing but preview figures there. Not even the Target had the vehicles. The lightsabers were still out, but there was two Yoda and one Obi-Wan lightsaber left, the package was pretty roughed up.

Kidhuman
03-16-2005, 12:12 AM
GUess it means I can stop looking....

Slicker
03-16-2005, 03:01 AM
I thought that those 3-Packs that Bobafrett bought were Australian exclusives. Obviously I'm wrong but I could've swore that's what I saw on another site.:confused:

plasticfetish
03-16-2005, 04:39 AM
I tried to buy all 12 figures of Col 2 today at my local Wallyworld and they rang up "DO NOT SALE.""Do not sale." Is that some kind of future-speak Wal*Mart way of saying "do not sell" or something?

You know... honestly, I wonder if it amounts to false advertising (bait and switch) for these stores to put this merchandise out on the floor, with the apparent intent to sell, and then they refuse to sell it. When I worked retail, (department store retail) if we had something out and marked at a certain price, right or wrong we had to sell it... and for that price.

tgr3328
03-16-2005, 08:26 AM
BTW, we got a pallet in today with the clone wars DVD's, and in that display were exclusive 2 sets of 3 packs of Clone Wars figures. I bought one of each. Then I read on the outside box, that it had a strret date of 3/22/05, not sure if that was for the DVD's or the figures, or the whole pallet which also had EPI DVD's.

Which Clone Wars figures are these? The animated or non-animated kind. Or are they totally new figures?

Kidhuman
03-16-2005, 08:42 AM
They are repacked animated CW figures.

bobafrett
03-16-2005, 09:05 AM
They are repacked animated CW figures.

What KH said. I bought them just because, and they rang up at $9.96 each. I figured since these figures had already been released sold individually, then it couldn't hurt to buy them in the three pack. They are Obi Wan, Anakin, and ARC trooper in the first pack, and Durge, General Grievous, and Asajj Ventress in the second pack. All repacks.

tgr3328
03-16-2005, 10:13 AM
Thanks.

For a brief, shining moment, I had hopes of getting a SA Clone Trooper. :dis:

ronhudy
03-16-2005, 10:31 AM
I found the Darth Vader Plug 'n Play TV game at Wal-Mart this morning. It scanned no problem. The website for the manufacturer says it's coming in April, so maybe I got lucky. My kids will happier than a Padawan on graduation day when I walk through the door tonight with this in hand!

http://www.jakkstvgames.com/starwars.html

Kidhuman
03-16-2005, 10:37 AM
That looks pretty sweet...

The reason why that went through and the rest didnt is most likely because there is no specific release date on it

ronhudy
03-16-2005, 10:49 AM
That looks pretty sweet...

The reason why that went through and the rest didnt is most likely because there is no specific release date on it

You're probably right.

jedi master sal
03-16-2005, 01:57 PM
I Pulled A Good One Later Tonight at anohter Wal-Mart. This Wal-Mart was also blocking the sale of new ROTS toys, i did a price check at the near by scanner in the toy dept there, and it did not scan. I figured since there were about 8 Collection 2 figures still out on the pegs, I decided that I would take up a Sneak Preview figure to the registars as well. There were two young girls there at the check out. All the lines were long, they first scanned the Preview figure, which I had placed 1st on the conveyor belt and it rang up 5.24, then the other figures would not scan so they just scanned the 1st preview figure at 5.24 a couple of times, and I had bought my Col 2 figures! THEY DID NOT EVEN HESITATE OR ASK ME ANYTHING! If this will help esp before the crack down at all Wal-Marts takes place, give it a try, you will never know until you try! [/b]
[b]I found a way around Lucas' evil ban on the early sale of all ROTS toys! LOL

One of the collectors in my area did the same thing, except he went through the self checkou aisle and just scanned the same preview fig every time. Then when he got to the last one just put the preview fig aside.

NO, this was not me!

Anyway, this could potentially screw things up with Wal*Mart as their computer will see previews being sold when they are not and ROTS not being sold when they are. What could happen is that stores where this occurs may unknowingly order more preview figs and/or less or the others.

While I applaud this fellow and ndjedi's ingenuity, it may have a negative affect overall. (Though to be honest, I'd probably be tempted myself)

-Sal

darthvyn
03-17-2005, 07:32 AM
it doesn't matter anymore, at least not at my W*M...

instead of cutting out the tumor, they just killed the patient to solve the problem, because they took ALL star wars toys off the shelves. i'm talking lego, previews, as well as ROTS. EVERYTHING off the shelves.

from one stupid move to the next. why are so many people confused this time around? is the populace of the planet declining into retardation?

The 'Xir
03-17-2005, 11:59 AM
I'm always traveling about with my job, and I was driving through Watkins Glen, NY last night on my way home! They have a brand new Wal-Mart Superstore there, and I figured what the heck, so I swung in to see what they had! Right as I hit the toy Isle, this guy pulls up with THREE PALLETS of Toys!!! :stupid: :crazed: I was practically drooling! Then out of nowhere this very cute and lovely CSR who just happened to be the Toy manager asked me If I needed help finding anything! I was thinking I had hit the lottery or something! :kiss: :greedy: So, she slices open a box of EpIII figs, the Darth Vader Plug n play and then a box of the Action Attackers!(which I haven't seen yet, they looked AWESOME!) then tells me, "Go Nuts!" :eek: I was about to propose right then and there! :D So I bring all three cases back to layaway the proud lottery winner that I am, she scans the Plug and play case first Beep no problem! Then comes the Figs and Attackers BEEP! BEEP BEEP! BEEP, "hhhmmmm, I'm having trouble scanning them in" she tells me.
DDOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHppe!!! I felt like Luke in ESB, "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!"

**sigh** guess I gotta wait til Aprial 2nd like everyone else! :(
It's all good though 'cause I got Chieyannes(sp?) Phone number though! ;) Not the hottest girl I've seen, but definitely cute! :p :D :cool:

So if anyone wants the DV Plug and plays I got three on layaway! I bought one and played it last night! pretty cool for a simple game, and if you didn't know alot about the movie before hand unlike myself, It actually would give away parts of the movie! But nothing most spoiler freaks don't already know! :)

El Chuxter
03-17-2005, 02:09 PM
I'm tempted to stop by Wally World on the way home and see if I can pick up the "Coloring Fun With General Grievous" book that's been sitting there, gathering dust, for almost a month! :)

(No, that's not the real name of the coloring book, but it sounds cooler than the real name, doesn't it? :p)

JetsAndHeels
03-17-2005, 04:52 PM
Well today I decide to visit my local (crappy) WM and lo and behold there are the ROTS toys on the aisle. They had Dooku, Padme, 3PO, Royal Guard, Battle Droid, Super Battle Droid, Bail Organa, Mon Mothma, the list goes on....
Anyway, I decided to give it a go and take them upto the register. Of course they could not sell them to me. I did not put up a fuss, knowing the situation and all.
Its just discouraging to see these brand new toys on the pegs, get excited, then you cannot take them home. Its a real letdown having to leave the store empty handed when the pegs are full of the figs. :cry:

Kidhuman
03-17-2005, 04:57 PM
I would be b**ching to high heaven if that happened to me.

JetsAndHeels
03-17-2005, 04:58 PM
I would be b**ching to high heaven if that happened to me.

Yeah, I guess I could have, but decided not to. I know most of the folks who work the cashiers at that WM, so I guess I didn't want to make a scene.
Oh well....

Ric Olie
03-17-2005, 06:01 PM
Well Walmart stopped me from getting a figure today.

I found some RotS figures at my local Walmart today. They haven't even had any of the preview toys yet and so I scanned Tarfful and it came up as "Ask Associate for help." I didn't really want to get into a scene so I just hid the figure I hope he's there on April 2nd.

I was mad that there were two little boys and there mother looking at the RotS lightsabers and figures. I just hope they didn't intend to buy them. :(

My advice to Walmart. If your not going to sell them, take them of the shelf.

Fwad
03-17-2005, 08:01 PM
Walmarts are clueless. They had all the new figures up to #34 on the shelf today. They rang up for $2.00. The same store just had the same figures on the shelves yesterday and they would not ring up.They took them off the shelves and put them in the back only to be put back out today for the lower price. God bless Walmart!

hango fett
03-18-2005, 09:34 AM
i wish our WM in this area had them. i bet they do and might just have them out today. any word of meijers stores putting them out early?
???
HF

realst8guy72
03-18-2005, 10:01 AM
i have about half of the figures already from my local walmart here in las vegas !!! guess you could say i hit the jackpot !! hahahahahaha

The 'Xir
03-18-2005, 10:43 AM
i have about half of the figures already from my local walmart here in las vegas !!! guess you could say i hit the jackpot !! hahahahahaha

You Suck!!! Sure rub it in, why don't you!!! Here let me pass you the salt! :p j/k! :D

bobafrett
03-18-2005, 11:01 PM
Add the store I work at to the list of those store putting the figures out early. I went in this morning, and I have walked through the store past the toy isle religiously every morning to make sure this does not happen. This morning I went back and punched in first, then strolled out to the toy department, when what did I find but a crap load of new figures on the pegs. I immediatly started pulling them down, and ended up filling the bottom of a shopping cart, also locating the lightsabers on a sidekick, which I also pulled.

I did not find all the figures though, as a collector (or scalper) found some hanging on a clip strip 2 isles over. He tried to buy them, but was denied sale of the figures. The toy department manager also found puzzle tins, and model kits which he pulled. I found the Plug and play game, which I bought.

I mentioned to the management team about the discussions posted here, and that is why I try to make sure we aren't having merchandise out that cannot be bought, thus upsetting the customer(s). Only two more weeks!

Fluke Skywalker
03-19-2005, 02:14 AM
I wish I had the chance to be turned away at the cash register. At least that would give me the chance to smooth talk them into letting me buy the stuff. Darned law abiding 'marts, Targets et. around here haven't put out anything they're not supposed to. :( I was hoping to get aome stuff early to ease my burden on April 2nd but Nooooooooo.

Slicker
03-19-2005, 04:42 AM
I saw some ROTS Lego's at my WM today. I don't know if they aren't supposed to be out yet but I saw them nonetheless.

darthverbo
03-19-2005, 09:21 PM
I haven't found any figures at all. I was lucky enough to find a General Grievous' Wheel Bike at Target. I figured it wouldn't ring up like every one was saying, but it did. One down... A LOT more to go!

Did everyone see the new Star Wars Insider's last page of all the ROTS figures for this year? They look awesome. ANAKIN MUSTAFAR looks WILD!!!!

yoda83
03-19-2005, 11:10 PM
I went in at the beginning of the week to try and buy a couple of the AOTC Galactic Heroes 2 packs on the shelves, and when I went to check out, I got the "Sale not Allowed" schtick. I was ticked, since I understand the E3 merchandise, but the older stuff. I checked it at a couple of other WMs the same day and got the same messages. When I got back home, I called the corporate office, and by Thursday, they were unlocked

The 'Xir
03-21-2005, 01:37 PM
I wish I had the chance to be turned away at the cash register. At least that would give me the chance to smooth talk them into letting me buy the stuff. Darned law abiding 'marts, Targets et. around here haven't put out anything they're not supposed to. :( I was hoping to get aome stuff early to ease my burden on April 2nd but Nooooooooo.

I've been denied 3 times at the register with arms full of new stuff and trying it 1, 2 figs at a time, and trust me If I can't sweet talk them into selling me them then no one can(I am a salesman after all ;) )! I was down in MD visiting my parents, and found the Clone trooper w/Chicken walker and Obi-Wan/Greivous chase Lego sets, and I had the entire staff of Wal-Mart in a tizzy, running circles around each other trying to figure what was what! No one had a clue!
When I first started my finagling(trying to buy the Grievous/Ben set) I took both Ben/Grievous and the preview Anakin Starfighter upto the register(knowing the starfighter would ring up), asked how much it was for one and gave her the Starfighter to check the price, then said I didn't have enough for both and proceeded to contemplate which one I wanted and said,"No I changed my mind I'll take this one(Ben/Grievous) instead(pretty clever huh? ;) ), but instead of just putting it the bag like I hoped she would, she rerang everything and of course it(Ben/Griev) came up nosale! :mad: Which I then proceeded to have her call management and really started in on them hoping that they'd get frustrated enough that they'd just resign and overide the register to let the sale go through! :evil: he he hee. However, of course they were constant in their stance and I walked home empty handed, which really P***ed me off because I wriled myself up aswell to the point that I forgot about all the new Transformer:Alternators that were sitting on the shelves(Battle Ravage, Cliffjumper, and Swindle)! DOHHpe!!! :frus:

I bet you If I'm able to do it again I'll get some goofy cashier to fall for it! :evil: Hopefully she'll be young and cute and I can Rico-Suave her! :kiss: :crazed:

Wal-Mart sucks!

TheDarthVader
03-21-2005, 03:24 PM
I saw two new figures at Wal Mart; the others were gone. I tried to buy them but it rang up "sale not allowed". Too bad. I will just wait until April 2nd.

B.
TDV

Slicker
03-21-2005, 03:37 PM
I wasn't personally denied any toys but the other day at WM I saw 3 different ROTS Lego sets went back about yesterday and they were still there then today I went back and all of them were gone. They had about 6 Turbo Tanks on the shelves and now they're all gone so I doubt they would've all gotten bought that quickly so I'm assuming they were taken off the shelves.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
03-21-2005, 04:53 PM
so, i'm at my wal-mart today and i walk by a cart and i notice Chewie and keep walking..for about two steps. I back pedal and realize this unguarded cart has about 25 figures in it. without hesitating, i take the cart to my old department get a price check, it rings up 5.88, but when thye actually tried to ring it up, i got the ole' DO NOT SELL message. I tried every way around the bush i could to get them, from sweet talking my old managers and CSM's (i work there from time to time) to just having them scan Previews Greivous 25 times, but no dice. The toy department commended my attempts and we both laughed as he wants them too. DAMN YOU WAL-MART! It wasl iterally the first wave of figures minus Royal guard and the General. they looked FANTASTIC! d'oh! Guess i'll hafta wait till next week! :D

yoda83
03-21-2005, 04:54 PM
Talking it over with a friend who manages a KB Toys, a lot of states have laws about this type of situation, where as if it is actually accessable by customers, ie on the shelf, in overstock above the shelf, etc; they have to sell it to you. Trying to enforce this with someone like WalMart is nigh impossible as they have the lawyers and the funds to tie something like this up indefinately

bobafrett
03-21-2005, 08:01 PM
Wal-Mart sucks!

Another pleased customer! I'm just a Stormtrooper working for the evil empire called Wal-Mart. Less than 2 weeks guys and gals, that's all I can say.

The 'Xir
03-22-2005, 12:17 PM
Another pleased customer! I'm just a Stormtrooper working for the evil empire called Wal-Mart. Less than 2 weeks guys and gals, that's all I can say.

LOL! I didn't really care, but it is frustrating as all hell, that they are teasing us this way! I think I'm more disappointed in myself and my ability to usually smooth talk my way into getting what I want! ;) I think I have to inform the Senate that my abilities to use the Force have been diminished! :D

Jedibill
03-22-2005, 08:08 PM
I think Im going to get all my figures and stuff from TRU MM and Target and K-mart then later in day I'm gonna visit all the Wal-mart around here take all the figure too the Registers let them ring them all up and then say OH I FORGOT I DONT GET PAID TILL APIRL 3rd SORRY.. and walk out.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
03-22-2005, 10:16 PM
I think Im going to get all my figures and stuff from TRU MM and Target and K-mart then later in day I'm gonna visit all the Wal-mart around here take all the figure too the Registers let them ring them all up and then say OH I FORGOT I DONT GET PAID TILL APIRL 3rd SORRY.. and walk out.

Oh, you'd sure show them! Not only would they have to process that April 3rd is a sunday and paydays usually aren't on Sunday's, but they'd totally waste about 3 minutes of their time (which they're still getting paid for, mind you) to deal with your totally heinous act! That means that they'd totally have to get a CSM to void the transaction and then put the product by the display! Oh, look out kids, we got ourselves a sure-fire adult here! :D

bobafrett
03-22-2005, 10:55 PM
LOL! I didn't really care, but it is frustrating as all hell, that they are teasing us this way! I think I'm more disappointed in myself and my ability to usually smooth talk my way into getting what I want! ;) I think I have to inform the Senate that my abilities to use the Force have been diminished! :D

Imagine how I felt last week, when I walk in to my store and found pegs full of the new figures, and not even I could buy them. I didn't want to disappoint fellow collectors like yourself, so I had to pull them off and take them to the back. I feel your pain, as I want these figures as much as the next SW collector. *sigh*, I have been checking out other stores to see if they'll have anything out I can grab and try to buy. :)

ndjedi
03-23-2005, 01:02 AM
I wasn't personally denied any toys but the other day at WM I saw 3 different ROTS Lego sets went back about yesterday and they were still there then today I went back and all of them were gone. They had about 6 Turbo Tanks on the shelves and now they're all gone so I doubt they would've all gotten bought that quickly so I'm assuming they were taken off the shelves.

I totally understand what you mean, just last week I found the Lego ARC-170 Fighther in Wal-Mart and the lady in toys just snacthed it up from me, she told me, "you can't buy that!" I was in shock for what she just did. I told her, then don't put them out on the shelves! But, they also had out the Darth Vader video game and it was in the system and scanning! Go figure? I am here just dying to buy all figures for sure. At least I was lucky in finding some early before Wallyworld's ban last week. Less than two weeks to go, and we can all finally BUY all we want!

Kidhuman
03-23-2005, 09:24 AM
I saw the Wookie Catamaran and Turbo Tank today at WM on a pallet, the dude said as I looked, he couldnt sellthem. I was cool withthat because he said it before I actually picked it up. The Tank looks sweet, Iamstilliffy on the Catamaran.

I went otthe other WM and they had out the 50 piece mini puzzels. I grabbed the Vader and Grievous, but they wouldnt sell em to me. I swear for 1 buck each they sure get testy over them. The cashier said they were recalled because kids have choked on them. I laughed at her....

The 'Xir
03-23-2005, 10:12 AM

That's a freakin GREAT IDEA!!! Load up a whole cart full of stuff, and after they're done I'll say, "Oh sorry, my wallets telling me that funds won't be available until May2nd" What do you mean? "I'm sorry it's time sensitive cash, it just won't let me take it out!" :stupid:
I just won't be able to do that at one walmart here in town, 'Cause I know the manager personally, when I did a small stint as a car salesman, I sold him his 2000 Dodge Ram! :greedy: Unfortunately he's a by the book kinda guy, and will never give my breaks on stuff or really do anything for me! And here I spent like two weeks trying to deck out his truck(cause he needed everything on it) and tried to get him the cheapest prices on everything I could, and when almost done spec'n everything out, he goes and has it all done by somebody else! You know what, now I'm thinking his might be the first store I do that in! ;)

trowa_barton
03-23-2005, 10:30 AM
It was odd the very same Wal-mart that told me they had to watch a tape and could not sell anything till 4/2 had all the lightsabers and force battlers and the darth vader voice changer w/ ROTS packaging last night. I asked the stock person if they could open the box. They did. I picked up the Anakin Force Battler and they also opened up some Batman Begins stuff ahead of time. I already have the sabers so I got the Force Battler to see what its like. I must say that it is close to the worst Star Wars toy that I have spent $10 on. I guess it might be fun for a 3 yr old. It cannot even pose standing up because the right leg can no move except inward to do the "lightsaber attack" The extra arms are just stupid, and the robotic gold arm can not hold the lightsaber or be posed any different than just hanging at the side or in a semi wierd "force push" pose. Do not get this figure.

It was wierd how I managed to get it though.

I scanned the force battler and the batman begins battle gear fig at teh self checkout. Both items rang up that an employee had to come and visually verify te item and that they said do not sell. Both times she just walked over, punched in her code and walked off.

Go figure it was something that I did not even want, just something to hold me off till 4/2 :rolleyes:

ronhudy
03-23-2005, 10:55 AM
Was in Wal-Mart on Monday, found the Risk Clone Wars Game and some of the mini-puzzles for my kids. Of course, they didn't scan, and the cashier said she couldn't sell them because it probably meant there was a recall on them! Stupid.

Figures and other toys I can see, but some mini-puzzles? How lame. Same Wal-Mart sold me the Darth Vader video game last week.

Kidhuman
03-23-2005, 11:21 AM
Figures and other toys I can see, but some mini-puzzles? How lame. Same Wal-Mart sold me the Darth Vader video game last week.

I got stopped with the Mini-Puzzles as well today. But, same store sold me the Vader p&p yesterday.......

Jedibill
03-23-2005, 04:09 PM
Oh, you'd sure show them! Not only would they have to process that April 3rd is a sunday and paydays usually aren't on Sunday's, but they'd totally waste about 3 minutes of their time (which they're still getting paid for, mind you) to deal with your totally heinous act! That means that they'd totally have to get a CSM to void the transaction and then put the product by the display! Oh, look out kids, we got ourselves a sure-fire adult here! :D

I hope I get in your line. LOL

Kidhuman
03-24-2005, 06:14 AM
I got me a Grievous and Clone last night. Had the cashier ring up Tion 3 times. :D :beard: Stop me from getting puzzels, I get your figures. :beard:

bobafrett
03-25-2005, 11:03 PM
A couple of shirts I picked up today, hot off the Wal-Mart truck. No street date on them, but I did find a case that had boys underoo's in it, which did have a street date of April 2nd. To bad they don't make them in larger sizes (the underoo's)!

Kidhuman
03-26-2005, 12:05 AM
How much are they Frett?

Sith Lord 0498
03-26-2005, 06:29 PM
Considering my WM had dozens of cases on the pallets last night, I figured someone would screw up and put at least a case on the shelves. Sure enough, I found a single Clonetrooper and Obi-Wan (#1) tonight. Just for kicks, I gave it to my wife and said "You go up to the register. I won't be able to keep a straight face. Besides, I don't think they'd want to p**s off a woman, especially around the holidays. Just pretend it's for your little brother. I'll finish our shopping."

So, with B.S. story in hand, Michele goes up to the register...SALE NOT ALLOWED. She tied up the line for so long that the cashier (who was very helpful and supportive) switched her light off. Some snot-nosed CSM comes over with the "These aren't supposed to be out until April 2" line. Michele comes back with "Then why are they out?"

Let's just say that after she ranted about how this Clonetrooper is the only thing that her little brother wants for Easter, how she just had a terrible fight with him and wants to cheer him up, how "It's our parents' job to say no to him. The sister doesn't say no!!", etc. etc. etc....

...she walked away with my Clonetrooper.

Only problem was they entered the price manually, and she mistakenly told them $5.94 instead of $5.24. Oh well, I still got it a week early, and she had fun sticking it to Wal-Mart over their stockpeople's incompetence. I mean, really, there's no reason these should leak early. I saw the cases. On every single side, the street date stamp is plastered larger than life.

ndjedi
03-26-2005, 09:04 PM
Michele comes back with "Then why are they out?"

Let's just say that after she ranted about how this Clonetrooper is the only thing that her little brother wants for Easter, how she just had a terrible fight with him and wants to cheer him up, how "It's our parents' job to say no to him. The sister doesn't say no!!", etc. etc. etc....

...she walked away with my Clonetrooper.

GOOD THINKING Sith Lord0498! I've also had a few Jedi Mind Tricks of my own to pull on Wallyworld a few weeks ago, a la using the self-check out and just scanning one Preview figure many times! :D
6 days left and counting...

Sith Lord 0498
03-26-2005, 09:48 PM
The best part is...she doesn't even have a little brother!!! I only suggested the "little brother" idea. The rest was her making it all up on the spot!! :D

bobafrett
03-26-2005, 10:42 PM
How much are they Frett?

$9.44, The one says "Imperial Domination" which works for me since I am a Stormtrooper after all. :D

Only problem was they entered the price manually, and she mistakenly told them $5.94 instead of $5.24. Oh well, I still got it a week early, and she had fun sticking it to Wal-Mart over their stockpeople's incompetence. I mean, really, there's no reason these should leak early. I saw the cases. On every single side, the street date stamp is plastered larger than life.

Yes, I know, we have several employees at my store who stock the toy department, but cannot read, nor speak enough English. I guess the overnight management team has cracked down after I nearly had a fit over some of MY beloved figures being put out early. Now we have several pallets in the warehouse with A whole bunch of SW goodies on board. ;)

Kidhuman
03-27-2005, 01:02 AM
Thanks Frett, nice price point. I forgot to look today when I was in there for em.

darth_vegeta
03-28-2005, 03:40 AM
got off work at about 1:30 am today and decided to swing by my Wal-Mart to see if anything was going on, headed for the toy dept. and sure enough, there was a pallet full of April 2nd merchandise, just waiting to be picked over, i looked at it debating if i should grab some boxes and move to another part of the store to see what was inside, but then i looked up and saw an associate coming my way, but he was just unpacking stuff in the aisle, so i continued to look at the pallet, then i went to see if anything was on the pegs yet, just some unleashed and some sneak preview figs, i walked back over to the pallet and was getting tempted to grab something and walk off, the guy saw me and started looking at me funny, so i walked off to go look at some tools, when i started back to the toys about five min. later, i saw a CSM pointing at the pallet and the associate guy started wheeling the pallet back towards the back of the store, i stopped him and said ," hey, are you going to be putting any of that out later?" and he answered with some kind of a grunt mumble sound, that i couldnt understand, then i realized that he was some kind of a deaf/mute that couldnt talk, but he pointed to the side of one of the cases where the " DO NOT SELL BEFORE APRIL 2ND" was printed and i was like " yeah ok, i get it" and off he went, :ermm: oh well, i wouldnt even know what to take out much less if anything would have rang up at the register,
silly walmart workers who cant read, street dates are for kids!:D

Kidhuman
03-29-2005, 11:56 AM
Picked up a sweet T-shirt at WM today...They alsohad the ones Frett posted and another one.

bobafrett
03-29-2005, 05:50 PM
The Hasbro rep stopped at my Wal-Mart today. I came out of the break room, and she says "Could you guide me to Barry...." then looking at my name tag, she says "are you Barry, the Stormtrooper?". "Yes" I reply, she says "I have something for you", I was really hoping it would be the Target Lava Vader. Instead she pulls out this beautiful Vader helmet T-shirt With an orange colored "STAR WARS" with lava bursting all around, and in the reflection in Vaders helmet you see the lightsaber duel between Ben and Anakin. On the back it has "48 Hours Of The Force, April 2nd and 3rd". That rocked, pictures later as I am at work at the moment.

plasticfetish
03-29-2005, 09:04 PM
Hah! That's great! Man... that was nice of them, (but you deserve it.) Who says being an Imperial soldier is a thankless job?

bobafrett
03-29-2005, 11:07 PM
Hah! That's great! Man... that was nice of them, (but you deserve it.) Who says being an Imperial soldier is a thankless job?

As promised, pictures of the said shirt! I love it! However that was the highlight of the day. I found out later that my Wal-Mart is now NOT having the Tent event, as the company running it had failed to get the permits to have a tent in the parking lot. We are still having the event somewhere in the store. A little angry right now.

bobafrett
03-29-2005, 11:34 PM
Oh, and I almost forgot, I went into the store this morning, and what do I see but a display of the Battle figures, forget what they are called, but they had the 4 figures plus one surprise figure. Anyway, I ended up having to put this on a pallet jack, and returning them to the backroom.

ndjedi
03-29-2005, 11:43 PM
Congrats Bobafrett! Thats one cool shirt! I hope to get my hands on one from my buddy at a local Wal-Mart here, he works in the toy dept as well.
So now that you found out your Wal-Mart will not have the tent sale, will you guys still carry & sale the Early Bird Kits?

bobafrett
03-29-2005, 11:51 PM
Congrats Bobafrett! Thats one cool shirt! I hope to get my hands on one from my buddy at a local Wal-Mart here, he works in the toy dept as well.
So now that you found out your Wal-Mart will not have the tent sale, will you guys still carry & sale the Early Bird Kits?

Not sure, but I hope so. I am salavating over getting the figures. I don't really work in the toy department, I am more a bike builder, and they put me anywhere else they might need me. Mike, the toy department manager must have been given the opportunity to get the shirt, and probably told the Hasbro rep to seek me out. We are still having an in store event, just scaled down somewhat.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
03-30-2005, 12:19 AM
Picked up a sweet T-shirt at WM today...They alsohad the ones Frett posted and another one.

lol Look how happy ya like, KH! Tongue sticking out and everything. You look as happy as that 16 year old girl that gets that pony for her sweet sixteen birthday gift. :crazed:

Yeah, i was at wal-mart on saturday night doing some hunting and for some reason they had SO much ROTS stuff on the floor on pallets. Granted, some of it had mixed merchandise, but there were some solid ROTS items on there. You'd think they could read the box, eh? I called my dad and told him after my fiasco earlier in the week when i found and got denied 25 figures, that i was just being tortured. He said, "Mike, you got that crazy sound in your voice! I suggest you get the hell out of there before you try something rash!!" I can't wait for MM. So close! :D

tgr3328
03-31-2005, 10:32 AM
A few days ago, my Walmart had the deluxe Grievous and Obi Wan and the AT-RT out on the shelf. They would not scan, so I didn't try to buy any. The next day, they were all gone!

Yesterday, they have a number of ROTS figures. I tried to buy a clone trooper (couldn't resist). You know the rest...wouldn't scan.....call toy dept...."can't sell until April 2"...."not supposed to be out". Today, they were all gone as well as the Sneak Preview figures! These people need help!

Kidhuman
03-31-2005, 04:19 PM
Okay, I talked to the manager in charge today at Walmart by me. He showed me the layout of the tent sale and showed me the handouts of everything. It is really cool looking.

Around the edges of the tent will be all the food promos.
In the middle will be toys:

Figures, Ships, Playsets, Unleashed, Force Battlers, Titaniums, Galactic Heroes, 12" figures, electronics, T-shirts, hats and more.

They will have demos and displays up as well. The manager said he couldnt see an issue with me taking pictures of it either. It starts at 8am and goes to 4pm.

The next thing is on May 5th, the electronics dept will start showing 30 minutes of footage and stuff on the back wall of the dept for ROTS.

Ji'dai
03-31-2005, 04:37 PM
They will have demos and displays up as well. The manager said he couldnt see an issue with me taking pictures of it either. It starts at 8am and goes to 4pm.

Cool, I was planning on taking my camera too and was wondering about getting harassed. WM's here have signs on the door prohibiting photography inside the store.

Kidhuman
03-31-2005, 04:41 PM
Get permission first, stores are picky about taking pics of stuff. They could kick you out if you dont have permission.

Edit: I also picked upthese articles of clothing.

03springfield
04-01-2005, 06:06 PM
Most of the stuff that slipped out early here (Galactic Heroes and the Vehicles) did so because they have the same DPCI # as the regular stuff already out. Granted it says "Don't put out til 4/1" all over the box but it gets sorted with the stuff to go on the shelves and more than likely whoever is working it doesn't know what we know.

03springfield
04-01-2005, 06:20 PM
As for "Do not sell" ring ups: Of course they want to sell product.
However, These stores are having big promotions to lure in the casual Star Wars fan not collectors per se.
Since they can't control when product will be replenished they have to make sure they have the stuff on hand for the big day.
How would you like to go to Midnight madness tonight and find out they will only have 12 Super Battle Droid figures on the pegs til next week?

hango fett
04-01-2005, 07:25 PM
my dad couldn't even buy 2 of the pins! we went through the self check-out and it said "please place <PIN> aside. wait for associate to help." then we talked to the manager and he said that they can't be sould till midnight, but the COLORING BOOKS CAN BE SOLD NOW! frikin idiots..
HF

armypunk35
04-02-2005, 12:51 AM
Yeah, I work at Wal-Mart and we couldn't even sell the old stuff (classics, etc) It was all price blocked. The only other time they ever did that to my knowledge was for Halo 2. Everything we got in said in big letters DO NOT SELL BEFORE APRIL 2 @ 12:01.