PDA

View Full Version : El Chuxter presents the Official Brak Appreciation Thread, starring Brak!!!!!!!!!!!

El Chuxter
03-17-2005, 02:28 PM
Man, Brak rules in ways no one has ruled before or since!!!

The Brak Show isn't bad at all (as opposed to the shockingly mediocre Brak Presents the Brak Show Starring Brak that lasted all of, what, one episode), and Brak's cameos on SG:C2C are priceless (Brak conversing with Moltar about what to bring to Space Ghost's surprise birthday party is one of the pinnacles of western achievement).

But Brak's true place to shine was a series, sadly lost to the sands of time, called Cartoon Planet. Here Brak (in both his handy-dandy poses) sat around with Space Ghost and Zorak, telling random stories, singing hilarious songs that would make Weird Al jealous, reading and responding to viewer mail, and whatever else. No story, just a bunch of short skits, each funnier than the last.

Well, except for Zorak's song "Don't Send in the Clowns," which sucked. But some things about Zorak just have to suck, so he remains bitter and evil!

Anyone remember the classic "Who all here is evil? Sound off!" sketch? Or Space Ghost talking in his sleep about shopping for groceries while naked? (And the classic response to a fan letter about this, where he sang a completely unrelated song about cheese.)

Man, they just don't make shows like this anymore.

kool-aid killer
03-17-2005, 02:34 PM
I would prefer to comment in the "unofficial brak appreciation thread."

Rocketboy
03-17-2005, 02:48 PM
Brak: A True American Hero.

How can you forget the Space Ghost cds (which were the Cartoon Planet skits on cd)?
Space Ghost's Musical Barbeque was great.

I love beans! Whoo Whoo Whoo!

El Chuxter
03-17-2005, 03:05 PM
"When I eat beans, I sit in my own little cloud
No one comes to visit me in my little cloud :cry:
I don't know why. Maybe it's 'cuz I'm cuttin' muffins?!?"

Kidhuman
03-17-2005, 04:09 PM
Dont touch me......

JediTricks
03-17-2005, 05:50 PM
Cartoon Planet was the best, my sister and I used to watch it when she was staying with me after she graduated high school, we even faxed 'em and emailed 'em a few times. Unfortunately, The Brak Show was not a worthy addition to the Brak universe, the writing was too junk-food-humor a la ATHF and quite 1-note, some of it was funny but it wasn't enough, and neither he nor Zorak were as great as their other shows.

Hellboy
03-17-2005, 07:09 PM
Yeah Brak is hilarious. Not sure why they went the direction they did with his own show but his appearances on Coast to Coast made me an instant fan.

A Brak action figure would be nice.

Rocketboy
03-17-2005, 08:25 PM
They made one a few years ago.

JediTricks
03-17-2005, 09:02 PM
Yeah, it was made by Toycom, I think, it's ok and still relatively easy to find, it comes with a second set of arms so you can have him posed with his arms folded.

Hi! My name is Brak!

Slicker
03-18-2005, 02:32 AM
The Brak songs are priceless. That's one of the reasons I like the Brak Show along with his dad. Who doesn't love a short statured Cuban?

P.S. I like throwing pasketi at Bigfoot and Yeti
Veronica and Betty. Don't call me Jughead!

Mandalorian Candidat
03-18-2005, 10:03 AM
I remember the Brak Show. The best part about the whole thing was that freaking preying mantis character and the mechrobot neighbor, not Brak IMO. I really hated it when they changed the mom's voice to that prissy English accent. Don't know why, but it really bugged me.

I don't remember all those older 60s-70s cartoons, but it seems that all those shows were based on stuff from way back when, like Space Ghost. So was Brak originally in an older show too?

Rocketboy
03-18-2005, 07:44 PM
Brak, along with Zorak, were both Space Ghost villains back in the 60's.

By far, my favorite episodes of The Brak Show were:
When Brak moved out of his parents house and into the cardboard box in the yard (which was freakin' HUGE on the inside).
And when Brak babysat Thunderclease's(sp?) fish and killed it by feeding it 3 hams.

Hello,
My name is Bingo.
I like to climb on things.
Can I have a banana?
Eek eek.

JON9000
03-20-2005, 11:34 PM
Never trust a monkey.