PDA

View Full Version : ROTS new MicroPlaysets !!!

sicqnus
03-17-2005, 07:00 PM
Just got the word from a contact in HK.
Coming in 2005/04 :

Hasbro Micro-Machines Revenge Of The Sith playsets.

StarWars Micro-Machines Playset : Blockade Runner.
StarWars Micro-Machines Playset : Federation Cruiser.
12 inches long (opening parts with figures).

Price in Europe : 24,25 Euros.
Price in USA : 32,44 USD.
:classic:

matthewilw
03-17-2005, 09:07 PM
I can't wait for pictures! Anybody know what the federation cruiser looks like? Is it that same ship that we got in AF scale in wave 4?

AndyW
03-18-2005, 05:12 AM
Playsets, these are ships that open and fold out right? Hmm, prefer Action Fleet style stuff myself, but I'll wait to see what these look like. Probably won't buy them though if its the type of toy I'm thinking of.

sergiurusu
03-18-2005, 06:53 AM
WOOOOOOOW!!!!!!!!!!!! :) Can't wait! Hope it is not a hoax... :stupid:

darktrooper7
03-18-2005, 06:07 PM
Price in Europe : 24,25 Euros.
Price in USA : 32,44 USD.
:classic:

WOOT!

Man thats some expensive playsets....thats gonna be like $60 in Aus...better be damn good for those sorta bucks :) (not that im complaining, anything new micro will be sweet :D)

StarmanSkywalker
03-19-2005, 10:14 AM
Too ******* awesome! :D :D

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
03-20-2005, 01:09 PM
Good news. One of the products I missed during the limited production of Ep1 and Ep II MM and AF were the transforming playsets (even though we got a couple early on in '99). I hope it doesn't get cancelled prior to production though like a few others . . .

Slicker
03-20-2005, 02:39 PM
For me it all depends on how the packaging looks. I was able to pick up all (I think) of the Ep I transforming heads so I have no need to buy them again unless they come in a colorful and creative packaging. Same thing with the Titanium Series, the packaging looks good on my comp. screen as I've not seen any in stores, but if they look good in person I'll pick them up.

sergiurusu
03-21-2005, 12:22 PM
I'm not interested in packaging. But I like transforming playstes because most of them go well with the AF line :)

Jangu Fett
03-21-2005, 03:53 PM
I really hope this Federation Cruiser is actually a CIS Cruiser like Grevious' command ship. And not those doughnut ships from Ep1. Same with the Blockade Runner. I hope they are both Ep3 designs.

StarmanSkywalker
03-28-2005, 09:54 AM
We need an update, Sicqnus!
I hope they're like the Galoob Rebel Transport and Star Destroyer inside action playsets.

Jangu Fett
03-30-2005, 01:57 PM
Are these going to be released on the 2nd with everything else?

sicqnus
03-30-2005, 07:20 PM
I could have a picture of the box for april 4th. Anyway they will be unveiled in the next few days. Some of the retailers have already received their shipment but cannot show the pics yet. I know there will be figs packed in but I don't know if smaller ships will be added (don't think so).

Jangu Fett
03-30-2005, 09:10 PM
Sicqnus, have you seen these? I mean do you know if they're newer EP3 designs or are they the classic Blockade Runner and Trade Federation doughnut ship?

Oh, a little off topic here, but I got hold of a ROTS comic. Full movie adapt. And alll I will say is THIS MOVIE WILL ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't wait till it hit theaters.

darktrooper7
03-30-2005, 10:27 PM
These playsets sooooo better be good or im gonna fly to the US, go over to hasbro and lay the smack down on some of their executives...lol

I cant wait to see these tho....and im heading over to Big W to buy me some Titanium ships this arvo :)

Jangu Fett
04-03-2005, 08:08 PM
Did anyone find these micro sets? Anyone, anywhere? I went to every TRU, WM and Target, within roughly 50 miles from were I live. Yes that number may be a stretch, but not by much. And didn't see anything for them, not even a sticker saying the price on the shelves. Heck some WM didn't even have the Titanium line, same with the micro sets at Target. And if I asked employees about them, they looked at me like Yoda himself was climbing out my nose. Just wondering, if anyone else had better luck?

JediTricks
04-04-2005, 02:47 AM
Nothing even remotely micro, except 1 Target had the Micro-Vehicles.

sicqnus
04-06-2005, 07:21 PM
The Micro-Battle playsets will be shipped in a box of two, one Blockade Runner and one Federation Cruiser. They will be available for $27.50 each. Yes, these are the ROTS ships. The Blockade Runner has the turkish blue lines paintjob and the Separatist cruiser is from ROTS too. They are already listed at Action HQ (SKU: oth002439).
http://www.action-hq.com/cgi-bin/action-hq/oth002439.html

Still no pics but check the page often, it will be updated soon.

Jangu Fett
04-07-2005, 09:20 AM
What's the release date??????????????? When?????????????? Where are the photos??????? :crazed: Sorry :D

I would pre-order them but, they don't give that option.

StarmanSkywalker
04-07-2005, 04:04 PM
I can't wait either! I hope the Seperatists' Cruiser will be General Grievous' The Invisible Hand and include Obi Wan, Anakin, Grievous, Dooku, Palpatine and eventually a Grievous' Bodyguard. Add a Jedi Starfighter or Grievous' Starfighter and have the whole thing open up and be full of features and locations from the Battle Of Coruscant (or even various locations from the film) and we'll have a cool item. Don't know what the Rebel Blockade Runner Tantive IV could include other than a C-3PO, Obi Wan, Yoda, Bail Organa and maybe a Captain Antilles?

Jangu Fett
04-07-2005, 04:30 PM
Grievous Starfighter would be more fitted to be with the Blockade Runner. Maybe even a Escape Pod. Ob1's or Anakin's JSF with the Seperatist Cruiser. No BOTH fighters, if it is the Invisible Hand.

And I still think Hasbro should make these Micro Ships, if any, with these playsets able to fit the micro-figures. Like what they did to that 3 3/4" Escape Pod/Fighter Pod with the Naboo Royal Starship from Ep1. And if they did that I'd get 3 of each

StarmanSkywalker
04-09-2005, 09:02 PM
Hasbro should keep in scale with Galoob's Micro Machines line so old can and new can be combined. That also means the figure's bases and details. Have the ships at the old scale as well.

Jangu Fett
04-12-2005, 09:59 AM
Has anyone heard when these will be released? I don't know why, but, I'm thinking we won't see these sets in stores until July, when Hasbro releases the second wave of ships. ( Plo Koons Jedi Starfighter )

sicqnus
04-20-2005, 03:01 AM
The Separatist Cruiser is The Invisible Hand. It includes a Vulture Dro´ds lanching ramp with a micro-collection Vulture Dro´d included. Three or four mini-figs are included as well as an escape pod (Grievous one).
The Blockade Runner is the one with blue/turkish stripes. It opens to reveal Mustafar (it works with slime I think). A few figures are included as well as a micro-collection Theta class shuttle (Palpatine's shuttle).

darktrooper7
04-20-2005, 03:49 AM
any idea of when these might be available and any ideas when some pics might come through?

sicqnus
04-20-2005, 03:58 AM
The pics of the boxes are up at Action HQ :

"Mustafar Duel" & "Sith Attack" :

Jangu Fett
04-20-2005, 08:54 AM
Please, tell me these are NOT exclusives?.?.? They look good, IMO. Are they avaible in stores yet? From looking at these sets is anyone one else thinking we may have seen the first Target exclusive micro ROTS collection?

britcit3
04-20-2005, 03:00 PM
There are some slightly better pics over at Galactic Hunter....

http://www.galactichunter.com/absolutenm/templates/full_article_template_1.asp?articleid=4358&zoneid=2

Call me Mr Cynical, but what are the odds that the "Vulture Droid" is a repaint of the Ep1 smaller Droid Fighter in the Series Alpha box? (will still buy them anyway like the sad git that I am!!)

BC3

sicqnus
04-20-2005, 10:07 PM
You're absolutely right BC3, this is the Dro´d fighter from the Alpha Action Fleet.
Anyway, it's great to see new transforming playsets.

I also saw on the CIII coverage pics a cool looking Titanium five-pack. Don't know if it was made for display purpose or production but it looks like a finished product (need one!).

JediTricks
04-20-2005, 10:16 PM
Just heard from Steve about these, I believe he said they'll be Target exclusives but I could have been mistaken, it was a jumbled conversation, we will be seeing pics of them soon, I dunno if they're in the batch that's going up as we speak or if they're going up tomorrow. They look pretty cool and remind me of Bandai sets more than Micro Machines, the scale alone almost has to be part of the Target-exclusive "Micro Vehicles" line I think.

JediTricks
04-20-2005, 11:34 PM
Ok, photos of the Micro Playset open can be found in our preview section: http://photos.sirstevesguide.com/showgallery.php?cat=3812&page=9&perpage=15&what=allfields&=&action=

The Trade Fed one looks WAAAAY cool, the Mustafar/Blockade Runner set looks a little silly inside IMO.

Also, the preview has photos of the Titaniums 5pack, which has a shiny silver AT-RT, an Ep 3 repaint of the Rep Gunship, and an Obi-Wan repaint of the Ep 3 Jedi Starfighter.

matthewilw
04-21-2005, 01:42 AM
I probably won't be getting the blockade runner, and if I do it will probably be in hopes to keep the line alive. I really like the separatist cruiser though, that one will most likey be joining my collection as soon as it hits shelves.

I really like that titanium 5 pack also. I haven't found wave 2 yet but now I'm thinking about just waiting for this. I was only going to guy the tri-fighter and anakin's starfighter, but that has both plus 3 others, not to mention it's cheaper than buying 5 seperate ones.

sicqnus
04-21-2005, 01:49 AM
Titanium 5-pack :
Available now - Wal*Mart exclusive - Retail price : $19.99 - Sku 85745

Are the playsets Target exclusives ?

britcit3
04-21-2005, 01:59 AM
Any pics of the Titanium 5 pack?

bc3

sicqnus
04-21-2005, 08:44 AM
I tried to make the picture clearer. Now it's easier to see the red/burgundy ObiWan's starfighter on the left. The Gunship have a different paintjob than the one from wave two. As JT said, the Clone Trooper who's riding the AT-RT have a sort of pewter finish (the vehicle itself seems to be painted with the correct color, a little odd...).
The picture isn't too good but the box is wrapped in a plastic bag (kinda). I'm sure we will see better pics soon.

Jangu Fett
04-21-2005, 01:38 PM
In the photos from CIII, there is one shot of a card stating that the playsets are Target Exclusives. That sucks, IMO, I don't think the line will be that big of a seller being confined to only one store. Oh, well. Wasn't my idea. Anyway the card also started there avaible now? I haven't found the second wave yet. I might not find these till after the movies released. Here's (http://photos.sirstevesguide.com/showphoto.php?photo=10291&cat=3812&page=11) the photo. And there only $19.99 ;) .

I really hope this line does well. I'd love to see more micro set and playsets from all the movies. I would really like a micro set with the BARC speeder. Maybe with a micro playset of Republic Star Destroyer/Kashyyk Battle.

Battle Droid
04-21-2005, 06:03 PM
Turbo Tank / Kashyyyk Assault Playset

http://photos.sirstevesguide.com/showphoto.php?photo=10753&size=medium&cat=3823&page=1

Jangu Fett
04-21-2005, 06:24 PM
:crazed: I DIDN"T SEE THAT. THAT'S GOING TO BE AWESOME. :D It looks like finally Hasbro knows what it's doing here. These look like they could have even given Galoob a run for their money.

darktrooper7
04-21-2005, 08:27 PM
These look like they could have even given Galoob a run for their money.

I hope these are really good but ill reserve my judgement until i actually see the ones we know are being released and then see if they actually release the tank and any other planned sets before they cancel the line again :mad:

sicqnus
04-22-2005, 03:49 AM
I was mistaken by the pic, sorry, the AT-RT is total Pewter. Nice looking set anyway (Titanium 5-pack). Good thing : Hasbro will launch a Hasbro StarWars online shop very soon. I hope we will be able to catch some exclusoves there.

sergiurusu
04-22-2005, 04:57 AM
Turbo Tank / Kashyyyk Assault Playset

http://photos.sirstevesguide.com/showphoto.php?photo=10753&size=medium&cat=3823&page=1

This looks really awsome!!!

Jangu Fett
04-22-2005, 03:05 PM
I know that Hasbro did a Q & A at CIII. I know that we'll have 23 more Wal-Mart Die-Cast ships and, 2 6" DC ships, but not until 2006? I want to know though is did they mention anything about the current Target Micro Collection? Like, what I want to know is, WILL WE SEE ANY MORE??????? And when is that Turbo Tank/Kashyyk Assault set due out????

sicqnus
04-22-2005, 07:06 PM
We will have 24 Titanium ships and they are listed inside each Titanium blister.
Only two 6" vehicles ? (To do what for ?!?...). Collecting ?
Do they think we can collect somethin' with two vehicles ???

I'm sure they will come once again with an X-wing or a Millenium Falcon : BORING !
The Titanium line was a very good surprise, at least the new molds but we are in april and the second most important toy maker in the world is not able to make more than two brand new toys before the end of the year ?

That's what they said but can we trust their propaganda ?
The past experience taught me we shouldn't.
That also is boring...

Darth Tater ! Do you believe that ?!?!
Darth Tater...
Hamburger eaters or mentally retarded people, this toy has been made for you...
So much time and money spent to do that...
Darth Tater...

Darth Tater...

TO THE...

DUSTBIN.

-"Three points!"...

darktrooper7
04-22-2005, 09:15 PM
omg only 2 6" vehicles!?!? Like sicqnus said, whats the point of that? put a 0 behind that 2 and then we will be happy :)

or even better...forget about 6" titanium and bring out new AF!

Jangu Fett
04-23-2005, 03:35 PM
I'm with you darktrooper7 scrap the 6" metal line. BRING BACK THE ACTION FLEET.

And getting this thread back to were it belongs. WHAT"S GOING ON WITH THE MICRO COLLECTION AND PLAYSETS??????????????????????

sergiurusu
05-04-2005, 04:52 AM
Anyone ordered the Invisible Hand and Tantive 4 playsets from this seller (or from another)?

I really want them, but my good friend Toyguy had some problems with these guys... :confused:

Is there another online store where to order them? Is there anyone of you who already got them in hand? What do you think then?

sicqnus
05-04-2005, 05:59 AM
Patience, they will be available in US soon but maybe as a store exclusive.

sicqnus
05-04-2005, 07:35 AM
A little pic of the Juggernaut toy. Micro battle playset Kashyyyk battle.

Jangu Fett
05-04-2005, 08:56 AM
That doesn't look bad, although that's one huge honking canon. And sicqnus you guessed it. These are Target exclusive, just like the micro ship sets. Look here (http://photos.sirstevesguide.com/showphoto.php?photo=10291&cat=3812&page=11)

Jangu Fett
05-04-2005, 10:59 AM
No photo of the tank open? Any idea what micro ship will be included? I hope it's not a Clone Turbo Tank, or AT-RT( I think the AT-RT would be a plastic model of Walmarts Die-Cast AT-RT. And the tank would just be silly to include with a larger version. ). I hope it is either the BARC Speeder, or the Clone Swamp Speeder.

britcit3
05-04-2005, 05:21 PM
I want both of the current playsets, but the only European outlet that I have found selling them appears to have made a mistake with the price....

http://toypalace2.shoppingserver.de/start.mv?L=English

($57.82 each)

How much are y'all payin' in the good ol'?

BC3

Jangu Fett
05-04-2005, 06:14 PM
They are supose to be around $19.99 that what the price shown at CIII said. That site charging nearly triple what the retail price is. Even action-hq is charging buyers double. Look here (http://photos.sirstevesguide.com/showphoto.php?photo=10291&cat=3812&page=11) . Am I the only one to see the price? :confused:

JediTricks
05-04-2005, 06:32 PM
ARP: $19.99 (I suppose ARP stands for Actual Retail Price since this is an exclusive and there's no MSRP situation because the manufacturer isn't suggesting a price to multiple retailers)

britcit3
05-05-2005, 01:34 AM
If anybody sees these on line at a reasonable price, can you let me know (or snag them for me retail and I will Paypal the cash)?

Cheers

BC3

sergiurusu
05-05-2005, 03:56 AM
I'd like those playsets too. If there is anyone who finds out more about them, PLMK me too (drop me an email: sergiurusu@yahoo.com) :)

good shot jansen
05-13-2005, 10:30 PM
hmmmmmm,

maybe it's me, but these new playsets have a kinda cheeesy look to em. :rolleyes:

the blockade runner appeasr to be totally out of proportion, (look at those ghastly gun turrets and radar dish:stupid: ), the detailing has a knock off bootleg mexican toy quality to em.....imho of course.

the playset functionallity doesn't excite me either.

when i think of great mm playsets, i think back to the days of the galoob rebel trasport, star destroyer, and even the last of the galoobies, the cut-a-way royal starship :cool:

now those were mm playsets.

galoobio galoobio....where forte art thou galoobio :kiss: