PDA

View Full Version : the walmart star wars celebration

jedimastergeorge
03-18-2005, 05:02 PM
i dont fully understand what this consists of. all i know is that it runs from the april 2 and 3rd and perhaps a tent in the parking lot or something like that. i mean does anyone know anything about this? Like are they going to sell figures and stuff and just a celebration or both or what?

kool-aid killer
03-18-2005, 07:23 PM
No idea, i was wondering this myself. Ive seen the sign yet havent heard of anything being planned. Maybe they will allow their employees to line up and drill us with tomatos while we battle over little plastic toys.

Kidhuman
03-18-2005, 07:36 PM
They are having a huge tent sale, probably similar to the 4th of July Fireworks one. It will have raffles and stuff.

The only bad thing is they dont know if they will be doing Midnight Madness because of this. I asked at my store today and they said we havent gotten any plans to reset the toy aisle like the last time.

JetsAndHeels
03-18-2005, 07:39 PM
Being able to actually buy the merchandise at Wal Mart is a reason to celebrate. lol

Joshkj
03-18-2005, 08:52 PM
Well, if it is worth it, and it is at WM, Id rather go there.

Rebo's_Guitarist
03-18-2005, 10:07 PM
No doubt, wheres Boba Frett?

Bossk77
03-18-2005, 10:34 PM
I dont have a Walmart near me anymore. The last time i went to one someone died in the entry way. no joke either....... Anyway i guess the real question is Walmart going to get an exclusive of any kind or promo?

Val Da Car
03-18-2005, 10:37 PM
before or after shopping.....bummer either way...

bobafrett
03-18-2005, 10:45 PM
No doubt, wheres Boba Frett?

Right here! From what I understand, the tent event has 400 Wal-Marts selected to have a large tent with lots of Star Wars Merchandise, toys, figures, Lego's and is being run by an outside vendor, not Wal-Mart directly. From what I read today, we are supposed to have 2 employees out at the tent, and a cash portable register (which my store no longer has). My manager has already said that even though (my) our store has been selected, that the tent is too large for our lot, along with the greenhouse. Basically he's telling me, it won't happen, at least at our store. Lego alone is supposed to have 12 to 14 pallets of Lego merchandise for this 2 day event. This is all I know, other than some of my fellow costume club friends are going to be at some of the Illinois stores that are having the event, working outside for photo ops, and basically be set decorations.

Stop by your local Wal-Mart and saee if they have any promotional signage up, this should give you a sign as to if your store will be one of the 400 hosting this event. DON'T call your store directly, as it seem most stores are not even aware of this event, as they just got a brief one page announcement earlier today.

I'll be at my store in my armor regardless if we have a tent up or not.

bobafrett
03-18-2005, 10:49 PM
Oh, another way to tell, is if you see a large tent being erected on Friday the 1st. The outside company is supposed to come set up the tent that day, so it is ready for the opening Saturday morning.

TK-523 out.

Val Da Car
03-18-2005, 10:52 PM
but what about my Super Uber 24 hr Wal-Mart?

Tent at midnight April 1st, or early am on April 2

bobafrett
03-18-2005, 11:02 PM
Not sure on that one VDC. I will see if I can't get some info in the next couple of days on that for you.

Kidhuman
03-18-2005, 11:25 PM
Also Frett, see if you will be able to take the stuff to lay-a-way. If its allout there, how do we get it to he back?

JEDIpartner
03-19-2005, 07:53 AM
I know of a 24-hour Wal*Mart that is getting this event. They are NOT putting the toys up for a MM sale as they are dedicating all their efforts to this Tent Event, which will be starting at 8am on Saturday, April 2nd.

Slicker
03-19-2005, 08:45 AM
Thankfully I'll just be getting done at Target so I can sidetrack to WM to check it out and buy whatever I may not be able to find at TRU or Target. Should be different.

sith_killer_99
03-19-2005, 09:48 AM
I know of a 24-hour Wal*Mart that is getting this event. They are NOT putting the toys up for a MM sale as they are dedicating all their efforts to this Tent Event, which will be starting at 8am on Saturday, April 2nd.

This is not good!

I was hoping to go to Wal-Mart at midnight and then hit Target and TRU when they opened.

But if Wal-Mart dosen't put the toys on sale until the morning of the 2nd I will have to seriously adjust fire. This means that Wal-Mart will lose out on a big chunk of my money. Because they will be the last store I hit, and that's only if I can't find all the figures at Target and TRU. :(

BoShek
03-19-2005, 10:19 AM
*No spoilers*

I found a new Star Wars Ep3 figure at Wal Mart. It wasn't a sneak preview one, it was a brand new one without the sneak preview sticker. I grabbed the Senate Guard (who looks the same as the Ep2 figure and the Emperor's Royal Guard), the only non-sneak preview figure they had, and took him to register. The woman tries to ring it up but it says "do not sell."

Here is where I fib a little bit. So I say that there are others there too. I say it cost $5.88, hoping she will ring it up for me. I say I bought others ones there too.

But the stupid toy manager comes over and says it doesn't have a sticker on it for sneak preview and they can't sell it until April 2nd. I play dumb and shake my head. He says it was a mistake and it should not have been put out.

I was thinking later I sould have tried the self checkout or talked to a manager. I would have been even more mad if it was a bigger character or especially Obi-Wan, my favorite. Oh well I will have to wait a few weeks. Stupid Wal Mart.

bobafrett
03-19-2005, 10:36 PM
Also Frett, see if you will be able to take the stuff to lay-a-way. If its allout there, how do we get it to he back?

KH, even if I asked my store manager, what he says won't apply to your store. Decisions like that are made on a store by store basis. My store, for instance, is closing the lay-away department for two months starting April 1st, because we will need the trailer space to hold the equiptment for our stores expanded foods section, and remodel. Even if I wanted to put my toys on lay away at my store, I couldn't. Next time your in, ask to speak with an assistant manager, they are often willing to make sure that you, the customer, are satisfied.

JEDIpartner
03-20-2005, 09:21 AM
Oh well I will have to wait a few weeks. Stupid Wal Mart.

A few? Try "less than two"... :rolleyes:

Emperor Chico
03-20-2005, 10:12 AM
My cousin , Erwin said something about a ROTS Wal-mart celebration.I did'nt know what he was talking about.I thought he was talking about CIII.:confused:

Kidhuman
03-20-2005, 11:58 AM
My cousin , Erwin said something about a ROTS Wal-mart celebration.I did'nt know what he was talking about.I thought he was talking about CIII.:confused:

He very well meant the Tent sale

Mr. JabbaJohnL
03-20-2005, 12:33 PM
Hmm . . . this is interesting. Bobafrett, can you find a way to see which stores are doing this?

adultstarwarsfreak
03-20-2005, 12:36 PM
I do not know anything about a tent sale, but I do know that from April to June, a 16ft section will be devoted to Star wars toys!:crazed: April 2nd to 3rd, Photolab will be taking pictures of your kid(s), or you!) standing next to darth Vader. The Bakery will have a promotion as well, but I am not sure what though. My wife found all this info on the Wal-Mart Pipeline so I am assured that this info is accurate! Also, the Pipeline was exclaiming that the biggest seller will be the Darth Vader voice changer...they should have realized the there will be more adult than kids buying the toys! Has anyone tried on the helmet yet to see if it fits???

bobafrett
03-20-2005, 07:58 PM
Hmm . . . this is interesting. Bobafrett, can you find a way to see which stores are doing this?

I was kinda hoping that one of the other posters here would chime in, the one who gave us the info on what toys were at our different WM stores. Whatever happened to him? I think he was a department manager, then he just dropped out, and I was hoping for a little help from him. I will see if I can get a list of what stores in what states are doing this, but I don't have access to the SMART system at our stores, so I'm not going to promise anything.

I had one assistant tell me that we weren't having the event, then the store manager say, he's "all for it", since an outside company would be poroviding the tent. One of the fine folks in my costuming club, was able to get in touch with the company that is running this, and they were very busy setting up crews to make this happen, getting permits, and all the other fun activities that go into getting something like this up and running. More info as I find it.

Fluke Skywalker
03-20-2005, 09:15 PM
I saw some signage at Super Walmart tonight inviting me to come celebrate the Star Wars saga or something like that. I for one hope they don't do it at midnight. I just want to go in, get my stuff and get out. I don't need some guy from the hardware dept. wearing a Don post Vader mask and a black sweat shirt chasing me around with a toy lightsaber.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
03-20-2005, 11:34 PM
so wait, for MM i'm going to have to go outside in the a-- numbing cold to get figures or?!?! This is nuts. What happened to just STANDING INSIDE and getting figures after they stocked them? I hope they're still doing the MM inside thing cos this'll create all sorts of problems if not.

Bossk77
03-21-2005, 12:36 AM
Starwars aside, i dont see how you all can support Walmart as much as you do, Other than they are cheep, in which lies the problem, they ALMOST single handedly put Toys R us under. I like spending less and getting more, rolling it back if you will. But not at the expense of undercutting the compittion in a market you already control.
Sigh.... ok go ahead and slam me now, pandora's box has been opened. :()

Slicker
03-21-2005, 02:28 AM
I was kinda hoping that one of the other posters here would chime in, the one who gave us the info on what toys were at our different WM stores. Whatever happened to him? I think he was a department manager, then he just dropped out, and I was hoping for a little help from him.I think you're referring to Jaff. He had the little thread about what WM's had what toys stocked. I saw that he posted a little while ago but haven't seen much of him around these parts.

dindae
03-21-2005, 08:48 AM
That was Jaff. He was told not to post Wal-mart information on this page by his superiors. They definately don't want their customers to be informed we trying to spend their money.

Bossk77 I totally agree with you and will be happy to throw down my cash at the TRU Midnight Madness. Now that they evened the playing field on price along with Target. I think Wal-Mart will fall back to third on my frequently hit stores.

mm74md
03-21-2005, 10:47 AM
The only reason I get toys at Wal Mart is for layaway. This was handy for EPII. I usually use it when I see a bunch of new stuff on the shelves, but can't blow $50 for toys at the moment. I'm sure I'll be taking the kids to the tent thing if they have stuff for them to do, but my first stop will be TRU for sure and then Target in the morning for the Lava Vader. TRU would be #1 if they HAD STUFF IN STOCK THAT IS NEW and not 2002 Saga figures!

Kidhuman
03-21-2005, 11:19 AM
The only reason I get toys at Wal Mart is for layaway.

I have toagree, but its a huge part of it for me. If I see a ton of stuff, its alot easier than spending 50 bucks in one shot. If Target had lay-a-way, then I would get stuff there too.

sith_killer_99
03-21-2005, 11:30 AM
TRU would be #1 if they HAD STUFF IN STOCK THAT IS NEW and not 2002 Saga figures!

LOL, your TRU is gearing up for EP2 Midnight Madness!!! Now's your chance to find all those HTF figures from the first wave! ;)

But seriously...that's just sad. :(

JetsAndHeels
03-21-2005, 11:44 AM
LOL, your TRU is gearing up for EP2 Midnight Madness!!! Now's your chance to find all those HTF figures from the first wave! ;)

But seriously...that's just sad. :(

I am totally with you on that!! My TRU is fully stocked with EP2 Captain Typhos and Sneak Preview Zam Wessels!!
booya

mm74md
03-21-2005, 12:23 PM
I would have thought my TRU would have started to clearance out the OTC vehicles clogging the shelves along with the random 3" figs on the pegs. They also have a huge selection of Saga 12" figures STILL at $19.99

dindae
03-21-2005, 01:21 PM
This is definately the weak point of TRU. For a store that only sells toys they don't follow the specific lines very carefully. Heck target already clearanced the preview figures. I remeber the old days when they would throw them in a $2.00 bin. Granted they would get royal mauled but carded collectors would usually have these picked up at that point. I don't know why they don't at least sell these figs at cost to get them out of the store, although I doubt they would move even then. However I will say this doesn't prevent my TRUs from putting out new stuff, unfortunately it is ussually a week later than Target/Walmart.

JEDIpartner
03-21-2005, 03:20 PM
Has anyone tried on the helmet yet to see if it fits???

I wrote a review on it MONTHS ago. It will fit an adult head... unless you're John Merrick.

Bossk77
03-21-2005, 06:29 PM
That was Jaff. He was told not to post Wal-mart information on this page by his superiors. They definately don't want their customers to be informed we trying to spend their money.

Bossk77 I totally agree with you and will be happy to throw down my cash at the TRU Midnight Madness. Now that they evened the playing field on price along with Target. I think Wal-Mart will fall back to third on my frequently hit stores.
Welcome aboard. I think walmarts monopoly will start to falter now that TRU has been bought out.... lol now for Microsoft. he he,.....

bobafrett
03-21-2005, 07:53 PM
Starwars aside, i dont see how you all can support Walmart as much as you do, Other than they are cheep, in which lies the problem, they ALMOST single handedly put Toys R us under. I like spending less and getting more, rolling it back if you will. But not at the expense of undercutting the compittion in a market you already control.
Sigh.... ok go ahead and slam me now, pandora's box has been opened. :()

Well, I work there for one, so I am there at 7 am; 5 days a week. On my days off, I shop anywhere but Wal-Mart, and with Wal-Mart only carrying the 3 3/4 inch figures and lightsabers, I have to go elsewhere to find my unleashed figures, ships, gentle Giant busts, playsets, 12" figures, so Wal-Mart gets just a small portion of my SW spending dollar.

Now, come April 2nd, I will be working there in my Stormtrooper outfit, so I'm going to buy whatever I can at my store, believe me I'd rather buy some of the exclusives at Target or TRU, but I have to work at my store, so I'll buy at my WM store. :eek:

Bossk77
03-21-2005, 09:18 PM
Well, I work there for one, so I am there at 7 am; 5 days a week. On my days off, I shop anywhere but Wal-Mart, and with Wal-Mart only carrying the 3 3/4 inch figures and lightsabers, I have to go elsewhere to find my unleashed figures, ships, gentle Giant busts, playsets, 12" figures, so Wal-Mart gets just a small portion of my SW spending dollar.

Now, come April 2nd, I will be working there in my Stormtrooper outfit, so I'm going to buy whatever I can at my store, believe me I'd rather buy some of the exclusives at Target or TRU, but I have to work at my store, so I'll buy at my WM store. :eek:
On that note i used to work for a TRU in my youth.... I am not bias becuase of it, even though i probally made a wopping 7 cents of profit off of the TRU stock i am sure i somehow accrued. But hey It is a free world. And to set the set the record strait i never Doned the Jeffery Suit..... but it was offered twice. :)

Fluke Skywalker
03-22-2005, 02:57 AM
LOL! I guess my local TRUs' aren't the only ones stuck in a time warp. I know some people are quick to blame "Evil" Wal-Mart for TRUs' problems, but honestly TRU has to be one of the worst run corporations in America. They specialize in toys yet they seem to know little about their market. As for K-Mart, holy cow their failure is evident every time you step into one of their dingy, dimly-lit stores. It makes S-Mart look like Bloomingdale's. Who but the Munsters would want to shop there?

Hey, I'm no snob. I'll get my stuff at Wal-Mart and save a few bucks. You know those wacky Anti-Globalization types who throw bricks at McDonald's and other symbols of capitalism? I bet they don't buy those bricks from some hippie commune. They probably get them at Home Depot like anyone else. ;)

dindae
03-22-2005, 08:23 AM
I don't blame TRU's problems on anyone but TRU. That and the fact that the market for toys has dropped in the past couple of year as video games have become even more dominant. They are a mess but I would be sad to see them go under not just for sentimental reasons but because the wide variety of toys. If it just came down to the department store toy departments then only the top lines would survive and the smallest slip would mean getting bumped for the next summer movie's toy. Look at the Unleashed line. Whether you collect it or not it certainly has picked up a lot and has a good fan base. But after the first wave both Target and Walmart ditched the line. If TRU didn't keep it that would have been the end because Hasbro wouldn't have sell enough to make ends meet. TRU sold the line like hot cakes and eventually the line got picked back up by Target and select Wal-Marts. So just because I don't like the thought of the only stores carrying toys being less concerned with them then they are about dog food don't think of it as Anit-Globalization. TRU is a global corporation. I just happen to think getting rid of largest toy store chain would be a shame. I just hope the new management could turn things around.

Kidhuman
03-26-2005, 10:11 AM
RS posted a list of all WM stores doing the tent thingy. Link (http://www.rebelscum.com/article.asp?i=90600)

Slicker
03-26-2005, 10:32 AM
Well at least I won't have any trouble finding one. Both of the WM near me are doing the tent sale.

Sith Lord 0498
03-26-2005, 11:06 AM
My local WM isn't listed, but they have the announcements up. I wonder just how complete this list really is...

sith_killer_99
03-26-2005, 11:53 AM
Looks like all 3 of the Wal-Marts around me will be doing this!

Ric Olie
03-26-2005, 04:22 PM
The nearest Walmarts doing the promotion are all 2 and half to 3 hours from where I live. Oh well I wasn't going to have much to spend anyway.

vadersvette
03-26-2005, 10:41 PM
No tent sale in my area :cry:
Going back to the whole Wal-Mart monopoly thing-just a quick note-
I work for a grocery store that used to be one of the biggest chains in the area. The stores were huge, with half grocery/ half anything else you could think of. Since Wal-Mart and another big grocery chain moved in, over half of our stores were forced to close down, and all the remaining stores (including mine) were reduced down to just grocery, turning the other half of the store into your typical plaza stores (Chinese food, a book store, a glasses store, a dance school, and one empty space). For about five years now, no new Star Wars figs have been stocked here, and a lowly Episode I anakin on a beat up card now sits in the cereal isle. :cry: Plus across the street is a K-Mart, which now always has less than 10 cars in the lot :rolleyes:

bobafrett
03-26-2005, 10:47 PM
RS posted a list of all WM stores doing the tent thingy. Link (http://www.rebelscum.com/article.asp?i=90600)

I'm glad they have the list, since I couldn't even get a copy of it from my management team, and my cotuming club leader, who is orginizing our apperances, wouldn't as she was told it was confidentiol. Thanks for the link KH!

BTW, in Illinois, I'm at the Villa Park location, in case anyone who reads this lives nearby. Stop in and tell me you heard about this on SSG!

JEDIpartner
03-27-2005, 07:37 AM
You'll save a lot of money by shopping at Wal*Mart. I really don't like them or their politics, but it's true.

bobafrett
03-29-2005, 11:18 PM
Well, I just found out this afternoon, that my Villa Park Wal-Mart is not having a tent for the "48 hours of the force" celebration. I'm mad as hell about it. If I had a working lightsaber there would be much carnage, cause I would slaughter those responsible for this outrage. It seems that the company running the "tent" event failed to get permits to have a tent in the parking lot. Now the village says "no" to giving permits for this. I'd wipe them out, all of them! Another store in Illinois has completely cancelled the event. Losers, at least we are still going to have some sort of event going on, just in a different location.

Val Da Car
03-30-2005, 08:29 AM
Kenosha, WI is having one which makes no sense due to the fact that the Racine (10 min north) is a larger store, a Super WM that is also a 24hr store, oh and the parking lot is large enough to hold the ENTIRE KENOSHA store and more.

wtf?

mm74md
03-30-2005, 08:35 AM
Well, I just found out this afternoon, that my Villa Park Wal-Mart is not having a tent for the "48 hours of the force" celebration. I'm mad as hell about it. If I had a working lightsaber there would be much carnage, cause I would slaughter those responsible for this outrage. It seems that the company running the "tent" event failed to get permits to have a tent in the parking lot. Now the village says "no" to giving permits for this. I'd wipe them out, all of them! Another store in Illinois has completely cancelled the event. Losers, at least we are still going to have some sort of event going on, just in a different location.

My Wal Mart in Hagerstown, MD is the only WM in Maryland having the event. I just was told this morning that the event will be held inside because the City of Hagerstown has a fire code that restricts retail stores from setting up tents. Very lame, but I understand the law. Luckily for those in Maryland the event will go on as planned INSIDE since we have the largest Wal Mart in the U.S.A.

cerius
03-30-2005, 08:35 AM
I just called the Wal-Mart where I'm planning on headed - they are a 24hr store but are not on the 48 Hours of Force list either. I talked to the toy manager, she said that they will have the toys stocked on Friday night but roped off and will open the aisles after midnight.

dindae
03-30-2005, 09:12 AM
Luckily for those in Maryland the event will go on as planned INSIDE since we have the largest Wal Mart in the U.S.A.

Wow you too! Everytime I hear this it makes me laugh. All Super Wal-mart are the same size but the blow it out of proportion when they go into a new town to grease the public and make them feel special. Maybe I use that on ebay and make a ton of cash. "World's largest POTF2 Boba Fett". Someone would give me a hundred for it. :greedy:

mm74md
03-30-2005, 11:07 AM
Wow you too! Everytime I hear this it makes me laugh. All Super Wal-mart are the same size but the blow it out of proportion when they go into a new town to grease the public and make them feel special. Maybe I use that on ebay and make a ton of cash. "World's largest POTF2 Boba Fett". Someone would give me a hundred for it. :greedy:

Waaaay off topic...but call them up (301) 714-1373 and talk to the manager. They have the most square footage and the highest sales for like the last 3 or 4 years. Not that it really matters

sith_killer_99
03-30-2005, 11:16 AM
LOL

I see your Wal-Mart is as big as mine! ;)

AmanaMatt
03-30-2005, 11:54 AM
My Walmart is doing this, but something tells me it will be a mess - the people that run this location are a bit....ahem....off.

bobafrett
03-30-2005, 11:58 AM
My Walmart is doing this, but something tells me it will be a mess - the people that run this location are a bit....ahem....off.

Ah, I think you'll find that to be the case at most Wal-Mart stores. Moral at my store is at a low right now. We have inventory tomorrow, and they weren't anywhere near ready when I left yesterday. Thank goodness I have the day off todaym, because it will be shear pandomonium at the Wal-Mart of which I am an employee.

dindae
03-30-2005, 12:31 PM
Waaaay off topic...but call them up (301) 714-1373 and talk to the manager. They have the most square footage and the highest sales for like the last 3 or 4 years. Not that it really matters

All I am saying is the last three or four times I have heard of a opening they put out as part of the press release in the local paper that it is the largest store. So either they are constantly increasing the size of their stores by a small amount or they are the same size. And if they are making them bigger yours could very well be the biggest just don't expect it to be tomorrow. I didn't post this to knock your local Wal-Mart. I just did it to give people like SK99 a chuckle because I'm a smartass and that what I do.

Jaina Solo
04-01-2005, 05:45 PM
Thanks to the person who posted the link to the list. It looks like all three of the Wal-Marts near me are having the tent sale. Cool. I'll probably head over to one of them sometime tomorrow. For locals, I reccomend the Clovis WM. The Fresno one on West Shaw pretty much sucks, and I've never been in the one way the heck out on Kings Canyon. Not that I'm complaining, but it really seems to me we didn't need three tent sales within driving distance, and they could've spread it out a bit more to other places that aren't having a tent sale. *shrug*

Does anyone know what exactly will go on at the tent sales? Can I expect to see WalMart employees stumbling around in stormtrooper armor, do you think? ;)

Kidhuman
04-01-2005, 10:38 PM
I was at WM a few hours ago and the tent was up with all the goodies inside of it. I got so excited seeing it. I cant wait to raid it in the AM

bobafrett
04-05-2005, 11:19 PM
Did anyone attend one of these tent events? As I have posted earlier, my store failed to get the permits required to have a tent event. We had an inside event. There were tables set up around the store. I took a few pictures, and got to wear my Stormtrooper armor which the kids loved (did manage to have a few kids cry in fright) Overall, it was cool. In a touching moment, a child left a note for me. I was on lunch when he came. Pictures from the day can be seen here.

http://www.printroom.com/ViewAlbum.asp?userid=bobafrett&album_id=196027

LTBasker
04-05-2005, 11:34 PM
Yeah I found a Wal-mart with the tent sale thing, it was really disappointing though. Nothing real special except the wave 2 of Titaniums that I couldn't put in layaway because I didn't want to haul them all the way from the tent outside to the back of the store.

I don't even know if they would've let me anyways.

And the only dressed up people I saw on the 2nd was some wal-mart employee in a crappy looking Jedi cloak with a Hasbro lightsaber for the tent sale and this little 4 year old dressed up as a padawan at TRU. The kid's costume was tons more authentic looking. :p

Slicker
04-06-2005, 02:34 AM
Mine was actually pretty decent. They had like 3 or 4 TV's each playing a different movie and they had the soundtracks blaring for all to hear. One of the coolest things though were the murals from ROTS that were being made throughout the day. All in all it was a very good idea.

Kidhuman
04-06-2005, 08:40 AM
I was in WM getting sa price adjustmnent on my lay-a-way and the cashier told me that on Saturday night, the tent blew open (we had wind gusts of 50-60 mph) and the toys flew all over the parking lot. They have no idea what was lost in the debacle either. From the looks of their shelves it seems not much. But funny none the less.

samskull
04-06-2005, 09:58 AM
I took my nephew and we took turns playing the lightsaber game they had on a TV set. Fun like playing an 80's video game., but not an essential buy. We sampled lots of really bad snacks from the ROTS line and got some free ATTACKTIX figures. Noone was dressed up but the employees were nice - a few were sent in from North Carolina. Funny thing was they were ALL young women! The Force was with us that day....hee hee.

Mandalorian Candidat
04-06-2005, 10:03 AM
While at first glance it didn't seem like a big whoop, I really enjoyed the tent event. I thought it was cool of WM to put them on and have all the promo stuff. I didn't find any figures I wanted to get and didn't get any of the early bird stuff but I had fun anyways. I took the kids down and they scarfed up all that junkfood. It reminded me of that Simpsons episode where they go to that store after church and eat all the free samples for lunch.

They had TVs with the movies, a stereo with the soundtrack, the videogame trailers playing, and that new Trivial Pursuit DVD edition going. The kids got into the Attacktix thanks to the free figures. I think they gave us about 10 of them because they noone else were taking them. We did the pictures and Lego thing and a good time was had by all.

Kudos to the evil empire. :evil:

JEDIpartner
04-06-2005, 02:42 PM
Our tent event was moved indoors due to the inclement weather. An 11th hour decision had them opening up at midnight. There was an unreasonably SMALL contingent of people at the one I went to... probably a dozen. It was amazingly easy to get everything I wanted from the shelves and pegs. Unfortunately, as previously stated, they only had figures 1-32. *sigh* Hopefully in a couple weeks. I'm already getting anxious about not finding them!

bobafrett
04-06-2005, 10:44 PM
I only found figures 1-32 at my store, and I was stocking them. Two days later I found figures 33, 34, 35 and 36. Only two cases came in, and they had other lower numbered figures.