PDA

View Full Version : NEW Titanium toys surface, including ROTS vehicles!!!!

StarmanSkywalker
03-19-2005, 10:10 AM
http://www.rebelscum.com/article.asp?i=90436

Amazing! I will get all of them, including the rereleases! :cool:
At last the greatest toy line of them all is returning! Micro Machines!
Let's hope there will be more new MICRO toys as well. Anyone know if the MICRO toys are the same scale as the TITANIUM ones? They use pretty much the same molds- Micro uses X-Rays and Titanium DIE-CASTS.

I am glad we finally get some new toys in time for the movie's release.

P.S.: Sorry for opening another thread but the other one seems to much of a downbeat.

Kidhuman
03-19-2005, 10:27 AM
This is great news. I have been looking to see if newer ones have come out. Cant wait for these.

AndyW
03-19-2005, 02:30 PM
Wow, they sneaked these up on us! We knew the Gunship and A-Wing was coming but not Anakins fighter and the Tri Fighter. They look great! Will definitely pick those up!

sicqnus
03-19-2005, 06:11 PM
Remember a previous post from a friend in NZ. He unveiled the upcoming items :

Titanium 2005.

Millenium Falcon.
X-wing fighter (Luke).
Tie fighter.
Slave One (Boba).

Y-wing fighter.
Republic Gunship.
Tie Bomber.
AT-RT.
Shuttle Tydirium.
Millenium Falcon battle damaged.
Jedi Starfighter # 1
Jedi Starfighter # 2
Luke Landspeeder.
Snowspeeder.
A-wing fighter.
Clone Swampspeeder.
ARC-170 Starfighter.
Star Destroyer.
Tri-Fighter dro´d.
Royal starship.
Naboo fighter.

sicqnus
03-19-2005, 11:02 PM
Little pic found on Ebay. It shows the StarDestroyer's blister.

Slicker
03-19-2005, 11:04 PM
Sorry to burst into MM alley here but I have to say that I like the look of these. The packaging is very nicely done and the vehicles look well done also.

matthewilw
03-20-2005, 12:04 AM
From the looks of it I think it's just me, but I'm not a big fan of this scale. But, I am quite intrigued by that tri-fighter. The picture makes it kind of hard to see, but I will most likely buy that one, and MAYBE the new JSF. How much do these things run anyway?

LTBasker
03-20-2005, 06:45 PM
They're $5 each around here. Which is really really going to be a pain once those start hitting with a ton of ships...along with the regular figure line. Ack!

JediTricks
03-20-2005, 10:04 PM
Sorry to burst into MM alley here but I have to say that I like the look of these. The packaging is very nicely done and the vehicles look well done also.
It's an interesting packaging scheme, but it seems WAY too big for what's inside, could fit almost an entire 2nd unit in that same amount of space if the packages weren't so oversized. This is an especially big deal at my local WMs since they have bupkis for shelfspace in the die-cast department where these live, I've not seen 1 report from my area of ever finding the first wave at a store, I really don't want that to happen with these. Don't get me wrong, I love this scale, especially in metal, but these aren't very retailer-friendly IMO.

Why shouldn't these be the same $5 price as the figures? They're the same size roughly and made of metal, and they're painted all over. I can't wait to find them.

LTBasker
03-20-2005, 11:07 PM
It's not so much the $5 price itself, as it's much better than the $7 pricetag on the Corgi 1:43's, it's just with the quantity coming out and mixed with the figures being overpriced, I'm going to have to decide which one takes priority. :sad:

shinakuma43
03-21-2005, 02:14 AM
The package design looks nice to me and the images of the new ships all look awesome and I'm sure they'll look even better in person. I've been to my local WMs many times since the first wave was released and have still not even seen a trace of them, are they really that hard to find? Anyways, if anyone is willing to pick up extras for me I'd really appreciate it. I'd like 2 of eahc of the wave 1 and 2 ships including the released originals. Thanks for any help in advance.

Later,
S43

JediTricks
03-22-2005, 01:12 AM
It's not so much the $5 price itself, as it's much better than the $7 pricetag on the Corgi 1:43's, it's just with the quantity coming out and mixed with the figures being overpriced, I'm going to have to decide which one takes priority. :sad:
The Corgi Batmobiles are bigger though and have cooler features, and their sculpting is better than these (sorry Galoob and Hasbro, but it's true), so I don't think their price is outrageous. To be fair though, I also feel the sting on paying $5 for these, I always complained about the prices on the die-cast, but I still bought 'em. ;)