PDA

View Full Version : Burger King Toy promos

Pages : 1 [2]

Lord Malakite
06-13-2005, 03:54 PM
I want to see the figures for weight gained from eating the BK food versus weight lost from walking to and fro. :) Was it a "wash," or was there an aggregate weight gain (or loss) overall?

Can't gain weight if you didn't buy the food, hence 0 BK food ingested. :D

WesleySr
06-13-2005, 08:28 PM
I just got my final set today. Does anyone have a list of all of the games pieces? Also a list of cups, fry containers, etc.?

figrin bran
06-13-2005, 09:54 PM
did anyone find the rumored waves 1-6 assortments at their local BK's?

beckmen
06-13-2005, 11:53 PM
Still not sure what's going on after we start Wave 5 (tomorrow I guess, they wanted to get rid of the extras from the opened box of Wave 6) at my store. Probably something stupid, nobody seems to want to put forth any effort for customer satisfaction. I'm the only one who cares about the customers I think.

2-1B
06-14-2005, 12:13 AM
5 waves down, 1 to go ! :)

Kidhuman
06-14-2005, 12:30 AM
Caesar, Vader is on his way to you....LMK when he gets there.

HighLordDave
06-15-2005, 09:07 AM
I've got an extra Burger King Darth Vader that's still in the wrapper I'm willing to trade for a Luke and a Han. If you're interested, drop me a PM here or send me an email at highlorddave@juno.com

bobafrett
06-16-2005, 11:24 PM
I picked up the last wave of figures today. I didn't realize that I was still missing the battle droid though until I checked my inventory against the checklist. Went back tonight to remedy that, now my collection is complete! I have 6 Vaders that I collected over the weeks, but most of my extras have already been spoken for.

Now I won't have to set foot into a BK for a long time, a long time.

VaderhitsJarjar
06-17-2005, 11:01 PM
The only ones I never found were Han, luke, leia, and jaba

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
06-22-2005, 12:28 PM
did anyone find the rumored waves 1-6 assortments at their local BK's?

It looks like a few of the restaurants did carry the assortment wave, judging by the earlier posts, but so far none of the BKs in my area plan on carrying them. Many of the restaurants are now completely done with the toy promotion. :cry:

BlueSnags
06-22-2005, 12:35 PM
It looks like a few of the restaurants did carry the assortment wave, judging by the earlier posts, but so far none of the BKs in my area plan on carrying them. Many of the restaurants are now completely done with the toy promotion. :cry:

It feels like the end of an era. :cry:

At least until the watches come out this fall.

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
06-25-2005, 10:06 AM
Here is a link to the trader's section of the forum in where if anyone has any extra Burger King Toys, or voids that they want to fill, you can list them in this thread below:

Burger King Trader Thread (http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showthread.php?p=411286#post411286)

CaptainSolo1138
06-27-2005, 08:57 AM
I got Darth Vader! *Does ridiculous butt shaking dance* I got Darth Vader!

Kidhuman
06-27-2005, 10:23 AM
Congrats Solo, I got like 6 of em, of which 3 I gave away. :D :beard:

Rocketboy
06-27-2005, 04:14 PM
I got Darth Vader! *Does ridiculous butt shaking dance* I got Darth Vader!You're welcome!

lousy, no good, ungrateful, good for nothin', double crossin', so and so, mumble, mumble, mumble...

:D

Lord Malakite
08-31-2005, 01:57 AM
One of the guys over in Rebelscum's forums just posted neat looking pics of a Collector's Box set (http://threads.rebelscum.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=1373325&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1#1373325) of these toys (supposedly made special just for the BK CEOs) in their Misc. SW section.

Galactic Hunter's has also provided pics of an as of yet unreleased BK Super D Stormtrooper figure (http://www.galactichunter.com/absolutenm/templates/full_article_template_1.asp?articleid=4846&zoneid=2) with light up feature.

bobafrett
08-31-2005, 07:46 AM
One of the guys over in Rebelscum's forums just posted neat looking pics of a Collector's Box set (http://threads.rebelscum.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=1373325&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1#1373325) of these toys (supposedly made special just for the BK CEOs) in their Misc. SW section.

Galactic Hunter's has also provided pics of an as of yet unreleased BK Super D Stormtrooper figure (http://www.galactichunter.com/absolutenm/templates/full_article_template_1.asp?articleid=4846&zoneid=2) with light up feature.

Sweet, that would be freaking awesome! I would so have to have at least 5 of those guys!

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
08-31-2005, 09:34 AM

Great news LM, I was looking for a reason to step into BK (since the last time I did it was when the promotion ended in June) and it looks like this will be the reason--if it gets released for the DVD edition.

Kidhuman
08-31-2005, 10:58 AM
A new promotion to go with the watches. Yummy. I love the Tendercrisp bacon Cheddar Raaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnch.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
09-01-2005, 03:27 PM
A new promotion to go with the watches. Yummy. I love the Tendercrisp bacon Cheddar Raaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnch.
Any word on when the watch promotion starts? And will it have more toys?

Kidhuman
09-01-2005, 10:53 PM
I do believe it is in November when the watch promo starts if my memory serves me well. DOnt know about other toys though.

Lord Malakite
09-02-2005, 02:03 AM
The watch promo starts around November 1st or 2nd from what I remember hearing. Except for a few rumored rumblings in some message boards like over at Rebelscum I haven't heard anything about new kids meal toys. This unreleased Stormtrooper does suggest the possibility though with its unique action feature compared the 5 action feature groupings that the previous 31 fell into (not counting chase Vader). Could just be a prototype figure from a cancelled grouping in the original promotion though. Galactic Hunters hasn't mentioned where the pics came from or how old they are, so we'll just have to wait and see. Heres hoping though. :thumbsup:

Lord Malakite
09-08-2005, 10:47 PM
Its official now, Super-D Wave 2 (http://www.starwars.com/episode-iii/release/promo/news20050908.html) for the DVD.:razz:

2-1B
09-09-2005, 12:33 AM
awesome ! Looks great, I can't wait. :)

figrin bran
09-09-2005, 12:42 AM
thanks for the link Lord Malakite!

now i have all those trips to BK to look forward to. looks like resculpts aren't limited to hasbro and even though there are only 17 super D toys, i'm not sure i want to complete the entire set. the stormtrooper looks awesome though and i like the kit fisto too.

Lord Malakite
09-09-2005, 12:55 AM
Yeah, I'm a bit disppointed wth some of the resculpts too. I was hoping for a Dooku and Qui-Gon. Some of the resculpts are alright though as they look completely different than just simple reposes (like ANH Obi or TPM Padme). When I first saw the pics at quick glance I thought Obi was Dooku.:D What really sucks is another chase Vader. As if the first one wasn't bad enough to get at BK with the hoarding scalpers.

figrin bran
09-09-2005, 01:40 AM
What really sucks is another chase Vader. As if the first one wasn't bad enough to get at BK with the hoarding scalpers.

something tells me that this Vader will be even harder to come by. obviously we don't know the details yet as to how many there are per case but assuming that it's distributed in quantities similar to Wave 1, well this time are only 16 toys which i'm guessing will be 4 toys per week. that means fewer Vaders across the board for everyone. :(

Slicker
09-09-2005, 01:49 AM
Get yer walkin' shoes back out LM you've got a busy couple of weeks coming up.:D

I myself only have 3 of the original batch of BK toys so I'm gonna try my damndest to get all of these.

2-1B
09-09-2005, 02:09 AM
The few resculpts don't bother me because there are still plenty of new ones to grab !

Kudos to BK for the Old Obi ! ! ! :)

And Bail Organa ! ! ! ! ! :grin:

Lord Malakite
09-09-2005, 03:20 AM
Yeah, more walking. I might not have to do that for all of them this time though. I go home from college sometime at the end of November till early January for Christmas vacation and this promotion goes at least until early December. For Wave 1 I actually stayed at college a few more days than I needed to after my last final just to make certain I got the last week figures. They came out the same week here at the college and I didn't know how the home BKs were handling things so I said what the hell, a few extra days won't kill me.

As long as I can pick up this new chase Vader early on here at college by showing up during a shipment's arrival time (like I did for the 1st chase Vader), I don't think I'll have any trouble getting the others-even if I do have to rely on one of my parents to take me up to one of the various home BKs when they have the free time.

Now here is the real question, how will the watches be handled. If the toys are distributed so there are 4 normal toys (1 out of each type group) and the new chase Vader each week, that comes out to 4 weeks as you said figrin. There are 6 watches though. So would that mean two watches per week (with week four being compilation/leftover). Three watches for every 2 weeks. All six available at once. Or could there be one watch for 6 weeks (going 2 weeks more than the toys).

Kidhuman
09-09-2005, 06:38 AM
I cant believe their is another Vader chase figure. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

I do like the ANH Obi-wan though.

CaptainSolo1138
09-09-2005, 07:59 AM
My colon might be back to normal by then. That last promo really did the poor guy in.lol

Post 900! Yippee!

Mr. JabbaJohnL
09-09-2005, 06:48 PM
Yes! More toys! I need to get them all. Nice to know that the stormtrooper we saw a few weeks ago was legit. Hopefully they will be easy to obtain, as they were last time. I like those watches too.

InsaneJediGirl
09-10-2005, 02:27 PM
Not bad once again,I like the Magic-8 ball idea with the Jedi,have to pick up Obi-Wan :) The watches arent bad,I like the canisters more than the watch itself.Could have been done a little better in my opinion.

2-1B
09-11-2005, 03:01 AM
I think the watches are pretty junky but what can we expect for a few bucks ? However, now that I've seen the tins they come in I have decided to buy them because the tins are pretty cool, just like InsaneJediGirl is cool. :cool:

kool-aid killer
09-13-2005, 12:37 PM
I didnt really collect any of the figures the first time around so i dont think i will be getting these either. I really like the Magic 8 Ball Jedi ones though so i will put aside my McDonalds (i used to hate McDs too) briefly for this promotion to show my support of Star Wars related merchandise.

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
09-13-2005, 06:43 PM
My colon might be back to normal by then. That last promo really did the poor guy in.lol

Try Super Colon Blow. It cleanses the colons sorta like drano unclogs a sink. I've been eating it everyday in preparation for my next trip to BK.

Lord Malakite
10-26-2005, 11:52 PM
Wave 2 are now showing up on ebay. I managed to get a good look at all the figures. Some of them don't look quite as impressive as the pictures from the official SW site, especially the vehicles. Nice to see that Palpatine's robe is red this time. Earlier pics looked to me as having been black robed. I included a picture of the new limited sound chip Vader from one of the auctions. Looks fairly close to the original limited 2-in 1 Vader with the exception of the feet. Those appear to be slightly smaller this time, more like the other BK figures.

2-1B
10-27-2005, 12:50 AM
So has wave 1 hit BK yet ? I never even checked . . .

Lord Malakite
10-27-2005, 12:54 AM
Not as of yet from what I know. Last I checked on the BK site they were still on Wallace and Gromit toys.

2-1B
10-27-2005, 01:09 AM
Thanks Mal :) I should think they'd come up next week then for the DVD, eh ?

BTW, is your brother alive ? :(

Lord Malakite
10-27-2005, 01:19 AM
November 7th is the date that I heard. Not what I would have expected, but since the first batch came out an entire week before the theatrical release of ROTS I guess it balances out.:)
JBF is still around somewhere, I just saw him on AIM earlier today and we discussed if he wanted the watches and/or toys this time around when I go on "the walk." Don't know why he hasn't been posting as much as usual. Could be busy with college work I suppose.

tagmac
10-27-2005, 01:37 PM
I'll probably skip these, although a few of them look pretty nice.One problem, though - if all the major characters are supposed to be represented, why did they not take this opportunity to make one of Lando? We got several new versions of previously offered characters, but nothing of him. Somewhat disappointing, especially since he gets far more screen time than Bail Organa, who was included in the new set.

evenflow
10-27-2005, 03:10 PM
So the 7th is the date, i will keep my eyes open.

kool-aid killer
10-28-2005, 10:36 AM
So on the 7th my arteries begin to clog up again, right? Most of the ones i got last time went to my younger brother, hes only missing about five which isnt bad. I plan on getting him these too. Double cheeseburgers, here i come!

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
10-30-2005, 08:46 AM
I've already begun my Rocky-like preparation for November 7th by coating my bowels with massive quantities of kaopectate.

Lord Malakite
10-30-2005, 12:43 PM
I sent all those BK Super-D Wave 2 auction pics I saved to Steve. He has added them to a new Burger King section in the database, so if you want to get a better look before buying them on the 7th, now you can.:thumbsup:

Update: I've found a pic of the Wave 2 figures in their baggies. It appears that this time the figures will have a primarily blue SW label on on them, where as the Wave 1 figures had a white SW label. Also, a lot of Destiny Watches/Tins are showing up as in hand on ebay, specifically the "ANH" and the "TPM" ones. Based on this I think I know how the watches will be distributed now over the 4 week promotion.

Week 1: "TPM" and "ANH"
Week 2: "AOTC" and "ESB"
Week 3: "ROTS" and "ROTJ"
Week 4: Compilation of all 6 watches

Update 2: The first week for Wave 2 figures seem to be revealed now from the "in-hand" auctions on ebay.

Week 1: Stormtrooper, ANH Obi-Wan, Chewbacca, Snowspeeder, and Vader

James Boba Fettfield
10-31-2005, 01:33 PM
BTW, is your brother alive ? :(

:yes: :yes:

timmae
10-31-2005, 04:26 PM
i only got 1 meal and bought the others that i liked from that wave then. that way i only had to eat 1 burger per week. except the times i took my daughter. then she got my fries. definately going to get a few of these though.

Jayspawn
11-01-2005, 12:00 PM
I dont chime in this thread much, but are the BK premiums available now?

bobafrett
11-01-2005, 09:12 PM
From what I have read here, November 7th they will be available.

Lord Malakite
11-03-2005, 04:41 PM
This is being reported at Theforce.net (http://boards.theforce.net/collecting/b10004/19634772/p42)'s forums.

Official from BK merchandising calandar

promotion starts 11/7, advertised until 11/27 (runs until 12/4)
one of each subset per box, 49 of each + 4 chase Vaders.

week 1: ARC fighter, R2, Chewie, ObiWan
week 2: snowspeeder, stormtrooper, Emperor, Kit Fisto
week 3: Naboo fighter, Amidala, Luke, Yoda
week 4: vulture droid, Bail Organa, Anakin, Mace

11/1-12/11: Have It Your Way gift cards go Star Wars. Minimum $10.00 per gift card(reloadable cards); 6 designs, 150 cards per store intially, more available to stores if ordered during promotional window.

This seems to conflict with the Week 1 "in-hand" auctions on ebay somewhat. Guess we will have to wait and see what happens. I don't like the sounds of the Vader distribution though, its even less than the first one; theoretically nearly by half (assuming a BK only gets one case for each week). Still no word about the watch distribution.

2-1B
11-03-2005, 10:59 PM
Jeez, now they've got collectible gift cards, too ? :confused:

BlueSnags
11-05-2005, 01:58 PM
I called around the local Burbank-Glendale-Hollywood BKs and none of them have them yet. They all said to check on Monday when the promotion starts.

Figrin Bran, you have any luck finding them in LA yet? If you find an extra chase Vader, can you grab it for me?

Lord Malakite
11-05-2005, 03:58 PM
The BK website has updated. They have the watches on the main page as an interactive demo and the toys are up now on the BK toy page (click on the Wallace & Gromit toy picture :D). They also have another printable toy checklist (http://www.bk.com/starwars/downloads/Checklist.htm) this time.

2-1B
11-05-2005, 05:11 PM
I stopped at a BK today on the off chance that they were selling early. They weren't, but they sound ready to go for Monday. I'll be there first thing in the morning.

K M Toydarian
11-06-2005, 11:03 PM
Has anyone heard if BK will sell additional toys ie. 2 for $1.99 like they did last time around? The various restaurants had different prices, but most had official signs saying you could buy toys with an adult meal. Since they have the watches, I was curious if they would have an "official" offer. Each store I went to had their own policy when it came to buying additional toys if you bought a kids meal.
Only a few more hours! and it's croissantwich time!

bobafrett
11-06-2005, 11:05 PM
Your right, I hope I remember to stop by and get my toys tomorrow!

figrin bran
11-06-2005, 11:51 PM
I called around the local Burbank-Glendale-Hollywood BKs and none of them have them yet. They all said to check on Monday when the promotion starts.

Figrin Bran, you have any luck finding them in LA yet? If you find an extra chase Vader, can you grab it for me?

snags, no luck yet with the toys. if i manage to get two of the vaders, consider one of them yours! but that's a big if.

caeser, i think those collectible cards are actually prepaid cards that you use to pay for your meals.

2-1B
11-07-2005, 01:00 AM
yep, the gift cards.

if they were a $5 minimum I'd probably collect them but at $10 a pop, do you have any idea how long it would take me to burn those up ? :D I am trying to stay away from BK and their peers, so I will probably pass on the cards. I'll see what happens when I get there tomorrow. :)

If I can buy a gift card and then use it the following week to pay for my next round of toys, then it's on ! ;)

BlueSnags
11-07-2005, 01:02 AM
snags, no luck yet with the toys. if i manage to get two of the vaders, consider one of them yours! but that's a big if.

caeser, i think those collectible cards are actually prepaid cards that you use to pay for your meals.

Thanks FB! Hopefully one of us will find an extra and can hook the other one up.

I managed to get a few tonight at my local BK. Got an Old Obi-Wan, Snowspeeder, and a Chewbacca. They had the watches as well, but you had to buy a meal to get it, and I wasn't gonna eat Burger King at 10:00 at night.

Lord Malakite
11-07-2005, 03:52 AM
5 AM

THE HUNT BEGINS!!! :crazed:

James Boba Fettfield
11-07-2005, 05:28 AM
5 AM

THE HUNT BEGINS!!! :crazed:

Let me know how that goes. I'm countin' on you.

Lord Malakite
11-07-2005, 07:26 AM
Unfortunately, it did not fair well. Not well at all.:cry:

They still had Wallace and Gromit toys in the display, so I thought we had a good chance of getting all the figures and watches for this week, including Vader. Bought two sets of the Week 1 toys (which I can officially confirm to be Chewie, Obi, Stormie, and the Snowspeeder now).

They were all out of "sound chip" Vaders though. My guess is that the employees cherry picked them out as all the figures were dumped into a big open box under the counter. I made the employees check anyway (taking out each toy in the box).

I then asked about the watches. They had no clue what I was talking about, looked around for them, and then said they guess they would sale those sometime after Thanksgiving.:sleeping: I mentioned that they were supposed to come out today and at least at that point the main employee I was talking to was decent enough to admit right then that he was ignorant to the whole thing as the higher ups don't tell him much until the last minute if at all. He said I his Assistant Manager might know more, but that he was not in yet.

So I bought the two sets of Week 1 toys and then I waited about an hour until the Assistant Manager showed up. I had him also check for the watches and Vaders, even made him go into the back Manager's office and check around. After that I asked him what was the deal with the watches, to which he was also completely oblivious to.:upset: He did say that they were expecting a shipment with more toys tomorrow though and to check back in then. From what I understand they have had the toys I got today in the store for the better part of the week, but they weren't allowed to sale them till today (Monday), more than enough time for the BK employees to raid the Vaders and possibly all the watches. Hopefully this means the shipment will have Vaders then since I'll be there when (more like if) it shows with possibly the AWOL watches.

2-1B
11-07-2005, 07:29 AM
I loaded up at 7am this morning, all 4 toys from wave 1, both wave 1 watches, and a Vader.

I didn't have to buy ANY food and the total, after tax, was $10.95 for all 7 pieces. :)

James Boba Fettfield
11-07-2005, 07:50 AM
long story about troubles at BK

How much are these going to cost me? Same as last time?

Lord Malakite
11-07-2005, 07:56 AM
It cost me $11.92 for the eight toys I did get, so $1.49 per figure. Sounds about what it was last time (to be certain, look back to my earlier statistic tangent post I made just after completing the May figures).

James Boba Fettfield
11-07-2005, 08:15 AM
That's what I was thinking it was going to cost, but I wanted to make sure there were no price jumps from then and now.

2-1B
11-07-2005, 10:21 AM
I scored my second Vader a few hours later. The first place I went to was a bit out of my way, a nice "hole in the wall" BK right off the interstate that doesn't get a bunch of collectors in there.

So on my way back home I stopped at my local BK which had workers pilfering the cases this summer :rolleyes: so I didn't expect much. It was 7:30 when I stopped in there and they told me they couldn't start selling SW until 8:30. WTF was that ? :confused:

Well, I came home for a bit, posted here, and then headed back out. I got there shortly after 8:30 when they came out and cracked open 2 cases. Several Vaders were taken by the workers but they were nice enough to sell me one which I bought for a friend of mine. Where he lives, they don't sell the Vaders; they raffle them off which is kind of dumb I think. So I got him one and I bought 2 additional stormies for myself.

How dumb is this whole thing though ? Jeez, they're KID'S MEAL TOYS (!!!) but they pop off one of them in limited quantities. I wonder what the initial run of Vaders Redux will command on eBay ? :rolleyes:

:)

BlueSnags
11-07-2005, 11:39 AM
Picked up 3 Stormies, a Vader, and the Darth Maul/Obi-Wan and Luke/Stormtrooper watches at BK this morning. Didn't have to buy any food, which was nice! Found the Obi, Snowspeeder, and Chewie last night so I'm done until next week. Anyone know what next week's wave is going to be?

JetsAndHeels
11-07-2005, 01:00 PM
Got the vader, snowspeeder, obi wan, and stormtrooper today. They did not have the watches but I was told that they would be in either tomorrow or Wednesday.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
11-07-2005, 04:31 PM
I'm planning on going tonight to get them, but I read on RS that there will be older toys shipped along with the new ones. WTF? That's going to make itreally easy to deal with the Burger King employees and get the right ones. :rolleyes:

"I want that one . . . no, the white one . . . god d*mn it, that's blue!" :D

CaptainSolo1138
11-07-2005, 04:32 PM
Watches abound in my neck of the woods. In fact, the chick working tried pushing one on me like it was crack or something.

bobafrett
11-07-2005, 06:25 PM
I was able to get the first 4 toys, plus a Vader, plus the Stormtrooper watch without buying a meal. The manager knew me from last time, and said "I'll let you buy the watch without the meal" which was awesoime except I was hungry and bought a cheeseburger and a soft drink.

Lord Malakite
11-07-2005, 06:39 PM
I'm planning on going tonight to get them, but I read on RS that there will be older toys shipped along with the new ones. WTF?
My guess is that the only way that would be happening is if those BKs Curto is visiting had leftovers from May, otherwise we would of heard something on it from other sites and forums by now.

Speaking of which, I called BK later today just for the heck of it and guess what they were selling. The watches. So I made a second trip on foot down to BK and back to get one set of this week's watches (Episode I and IV). While there I asked about Vader, and guess what, they had him and I bought it. I'm sorry to say JBF that they only had one Vader left at that time, so we aren't entirely out of the woods yet. I'll still check tomorrow for Vader at 5 AM when the so called shipment the morning crew said was expected supposedly comes in.

Apparently the main Manager took the Vaders and watches home with her till she came in around noon to prevent the employees from sneaking off with them early.

James Boba Fettfield
11-07-2005, 06:47 PM
I'm sorry to say JBF that they only had one Vader left at that time

Work harder!:whip:

I'm not worried, it seems the Vader isn't too hard to find.

JetsAndHeels
11-07-2005, 08:14 PM
I think my Vader is a variant or an error.

After I opened it I pressed the button and he said "This is CNN."

Weird.

bobafrett
11-07-2005, 08:15 PM
I think my Vader is a variant or an error.

After I opened it I pressed the button and he said "This is CNN."

Weird.

lol :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D lol ROFL!

BlueSnags
11-07-2005, 09:26 PM
The Vader is sweet. Easily the best BK toy yet. I'm also digging the "Galactic Empire" symbol Stormtroopers. Can't wait for wave 2 next week:

Queen Amidala
Mace Windu
Anakin Skywalker
Naboo Cruiser

figrin bran
11-07-2005, 09:39 PM
i scored all of wave 1 minus the vader and a ANH watch today. the strange thing is that though they let me buy the toys for $1.25 each, they wouldn't sell me the watch w/out buying a meal.

the stormie rocks! it's already my favorite of the bk toys even though the light up empire symbol feature doesn't always work when you press the button.

did anyone find one of those BK Adventures leaflets with pictures of the entire line? i went to 2 locations and didn't see any sign of them at all. not only is it a nice thing to keep but i need it in order to show/ask the employees which ones i'm looking for.

Lord Malakite
11-07-2005, 10:15 PM
did anyone find one of those BK Adventures leaflets with pictures of the entire line? i went to 2 locations and didn't see any sign of them at all. not only is it a nice thing to keep but i need it in order to show/ask the employees which ones i'm looking for.
I saw them at my BK and took a few. It has the Jedi Wisdom Yoda on the goldish brown cover page. While the back shows all 17 toys like the previous one did for the first 31, it doesn't have checklists boxes. Its set up like some sort of fill in the blank game.

Lord Malakite
11-08-2005, 11:16 AM
Just a quick update. I went down to BK to check in on that so called shipment supposedly coming today. Nothing, so pretty much what I expected. Just a bunch of tripe from an unknowing BK assistant manager. Looks like I'll have to try again early come week 2's shipment of toys and watches to get a second Vader for you JBF. On the plus side though, with one Vader under the belt already I'm more likely to get a second one from the BK employees now than if I had tried to get them both at once.

bobafrett
11-08-2005, 11:56 AM
I went back this morning, and picked up a second Vader, and a Stormtrooper. The manager gave me some attitude, because he was such a jerk during the first set of SW toys when I would come in. He said angrily, "I'll sell you just the toys without the meal if that is what you want." then started throwing the toys up on the counter.

JetsAndHeels
11-08-2005, 12:05 PM
I went back this morning, and picked up a second Vader, and a Stormtrooper. The manager gave me some attitude, because he was such a jerk during the first set of SW toys when I would come in. He said angrily, "I'll sell you just the toys without the meal if that is what you want." then started throwing the toys up on the counter.

What a jerk!! I guess I would be too working at BK

Hey my Vader just said something else....

"Look around Simba. One day this entire kingdom will be yours.."

Mr. JabbaJohnL
11-08-2005, 04:58 PM
I got the first 4 toys and 2 watches last night, but no Vader. If I can't get him during the initial run, it's no big, as the old toys don't go for too much online.

Jayspawn
11-08-2005, 06:09 PM
I'm not really collecting these but I stopped by BK today and picked up a Stormtrooper. Neato!

JEDIpartner
11-08-2005, 06:23 PM
I got a Vader. :)

JetsAndHeels
11-08-2005, 09:13 PM
Went to BK again today and scored the first watch. Had to repeat myself over and over when I said I wanted a watch. Thought I would need an act of Congress, but it was worth it.

Me-"Yes, I would like to get the Star Wars watch please."

BK Employee-"What's that sir?"

Me-"The Star Wars watch."

BK Employee-"Who?"

Me-"The Star Wars watch you are selling. The ones you offer with the combo meals."

BK Employee-"Ok, that's one large order of chicken fries. Anything else?"

Me-"No, the STAR WARS WATCH."

BK Employee-"Ok, do you want barbeque or honey mustard sauce?"

:frus:

El Chuxter
11-08-2005, 10:55 PM
The local BK refuses to sell them without the purchase of a kids' meal. So after much discussion with the night manager, who actually agreed with us that it's lousy business, we got two kids' meals each and asked her to pass on to the owner that people are willing to buy these with adult meals -- and they'd make (gasp!) more money!

They were kinda jackarses last time around for the first week. The owner must be a real pig terd. But the employees on duty were all super-friendly and helpful, and one guy even said, "Hey, we've got Vader in the back. I'll go get him for you," and without us even asking. :)

Another employee said this time around that the BK in San Bernadino was the only one in SoCal selling them outside the kids' meals. She must not have pooped that morning, because she sure was full of dookie. :eek:

BTW, with the giftcards (Caesar, buddy, listen up), here's what you do: go to the register and ask for a $10 Star Wars giftcard (that's the minimum amount). Ring it up, pay for it, and then immediately order your food and pay for it with the giftcard. Most employees won't give you any hassle, since they get credit for sales of giftcards, and the owners and managers like to push those, since they see them as "pure profit."

So you pay maybe $3 extra at the present, but you can get that $3 back in tendercrisp bacon cheddar ranch sammitches later. And you know what KH would say to that:

RAAAAAANCH!!

bobafrett
11-09-2005, 06:30 AM
What a jerk!! I guess I would be too working at BK

Hey my Vader just said something else....

"Look around Simba. One day this entire kingdom will be yours.."

This guy did the same thing to me when I came in during the earlier toy release. They do have another manager there who is super cool to me, and didn't make me buy a meal to get the Stormtrooper watch nor the SW toys that I picked up on Monday.

2-1B
11-09-2005, 11:27 AM
So when does the next wave hit, is it going to be Monday again or Tuesday like last time ?

JetsAndHeels
11-09-2005, 11:34 AM
So when does the next wave hit, is it going to be Monday again or Tuesday like last time ?

Yes, we have chicken fries.
What kind of sauce would you like with them?

CaptainSolo1138
11-09-2005, 02:51 PM
I got Ben, Chewie and the Stormtrooper today. That little light that comes out of the Stormie's butt is awesome!

Mr. JabbaJohnL
11-09-2005, 06:35 PM
It varies from place to place. Last time, my BK got one of the waves a few days early, so it's always good to call every, I'd say, three days or so to ask which ones they have.

plasticfetish
11-09-2005, 07:44 PM
Well, what did I say about Burger King during the last promo? Oh yeah... @#$% Burger King!!!

The kid gets out of school and we roll over to the local BK, we order food, he picks out a toy (I even offer to buy him a second toy... so he picks two) and then we wait. I mention to the girl -- a nice person and very friendly -- that I want a watch, but they didn't have the one I wanted, so I passed. When it comes time to put the toys in the bag, the girl pulls out an X-wing and a plush Chewbacca. I say, "That's not a Snowspeeder and Yoda." She says, "Yes, I think that's a Snowspeeder... oh, and here's a Yoda." She hold up a wind-up Yoda.

OK. Get the point? They only had a box of toys from the LAST promo. They had no idea about the new stuff -- even though the place is crowded with displays and signs showing the new promo toys.

Thanks Burger King... for giving me a chance to explain "bait and switch" to my 8 year old son.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
11-10-2005, 04:38 PM
Thanks Burger King... for giving me a chance to explain "bait and switch" to my 8 year old son.
See? A trip to BK can be a learning experience. :D

That really sucks, though . . . you should definitely try other BKs in your area. If there aren't any, I'm sure these will all be very easy to obtain online after the fact.

plasticfetish
11-10-2005, 08:15 PM
See? A trip to BK can be a learning experience.Yeah, no kidding. It's a good thing I actually like the food though. ;) No doubt we'll hit another BK soon.

It's just funny. After being so PO'd about the last promo and how stupidly hard it is/was to find a Vader toy (I mean... he's the MAIN character! What the heck?!?) here we walk in and get stiffed with this new promo.

Better luck next time I suppose.

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
11-10-2005, 08:32 PM
The watches seem to go at a slower pace. I myself am not sure if I am going to cough up $20, plus the cost of 10 value meals for them.

The kids toys on the other hand sell out quickly where I am. I have to find a podunk Burger King if I am ever going to have a chance of getting a Vader toy. By the time I get there, it is slim pickings, and I have no time in the morning to get there for breakfast.

Lord Malakite
11-12-2005, 02:48 PM
Alright, looks like ebay has finally provided us with an official full breakdown of the figures on a weekly basis now that we can go with. A bit late in the game for weeks 1 & 2, but should help for figures you wish to pick up in weeks 3 & 4.

Week 1: Snowspeeder, ANH Obi-Wan, Stormtrooper, Chewbacca, and Vader
Week 2: Naboo Fighter, Mace Windu, Queen Amidala, Anakin, and Vader
Week 3: Arc Clone Fighter, Kit Fisto, R2-D2, Emperor Palpatine, and Vader
Week 4: Vulture Droid, Luke, Bail Organa, Yoda, and Vader

Mr. JabbaJohnL
11-12-2005, 05:47 PM
The watches seem to go at a slower pace. I myself am not sure if I am going to cough up $20, plus the cost of 10 value meals for them.

The kids toys on the other hand sell out quickly where I am. I have to find a podunk Burger King if I am ever going to have a chance of getting a Vader toy. By the time I get there, it is slim pickings, and I have no time in the morning to get there for breakfast.
There are only six watches, not ten. And you might be able to get two watches with one meal, or more if you wait for them.

Lord Malakite
11-13-2005, 12:19 AM
The Burger Kings in the UK (http://www.burgerking.co.uk/BigKids/index.aspx) have got their own SW Super-D promotion of 21 toys going on right now. Not a big deal to most of us in the U.S. as they are all figures from our May SW promotion, but its a nice thing to know. They are as follows:

Wind-Ups

Han Solo with Carbonite Block
General Grievous
Clone Trooper
Padme

Pullback Racers

X-Wing
Podracer
Darth Vader's TIE Fighter
Jedi Starfighter

Water Squirters

Emperor Palpatine
Boba Fett
Jabba the Hutt
R2-D2
Plush

Jawa
Boga
Wampa
Chewbacca

Image Viewers

Obi-Wan
Leia
C-3PO
Darth Maul

Chase

Darth Vader/Anakin Skywalker 2-in-1

Combine these 21 figures with the Wind-up Yoda from their May SW promotion and thats a total of 22 Super-D figures the UK has got from our first Super-D promotion. Kind of makes me wish they would release the non Super-D SW BK toys from the UK's first promotion over here now just for completeness sake.:D

Lord Malakite
11-14-2005, 09:53 AM
BK has really got me PO'ed with the whole Vader thing JBF. Called last night and said that they were still on Week 1 but would start Week 2 today and that they would have Vaders. So I called this at five past 6 today and they said that they started Week 2 this morning and had Vaders in hand. Get down there and guess what, no Vaders. I was then told some BS thing about how technically they aren't allowed to sale Week 2 toys or watches until all of Week 1 was gone for both and they had me wait for three hours. The Manager finally showed up and let me get the two sets of the Week 2 figures (Amidala, Anakin, Mace, Naboo Fighter) and one set of Week 2 watches (Episode II & Episode V). No Vader though. At least on my way out I compensated myself for the troubles BK gave me and "Had It My Way." When they weren't looking I took an entire set of all 6 gift cards (Episode I, Episode II, Episode III, Episode IV, Episode V, & Episode VI). They may not have cash on them for food etc., but thats alright as that isn't why I wanted them. Some people may see this as being wrong but seeing as they are nothing more really than fancy BK-only debit cards and the fact I would have just turned around and used them to pay for the toys/watches anyway, its not really a big deal. The cards themselves would have been free either way, I just cut out the whole paying BK debit middle man thing.

So to recap my progress for this new little BK adventure thus far.

I Have:

1 Vader toy
2 sets of Week 1 toys
2 sets of Week 2 toys
1 set of Week 1 watches
1 set of Week 2 watches
1 complete set of all 6 gift cards

I Still Need:

1 Vader toy
2 sets of Week 3 toys
2 sets of Week 4 toys
1 set of Week 3 watches

Number of On Foot Trips I have Made So Far:

4 Trips

Number of Miles Per Round Trip To and From BK:

Approx. 5 miles

Total Miles Made to BK (Including all "In Vain" Trips for JBF's Vader):

Approx. 20 Miles

And with that all I have to say is good day.:sleeping:

James Boba Fettfield
11-14-2005, 10:31 AM
Ask them where the Vaders are going to. I'd like to know which greasy pimple faced simpleton is taking them.

BlueSnags
11-14-2005, 01:05 PM
Picked up the 4 new figures today (Amidala, Anakin, Mace, Naboo Starfighter). They didn't have the new watches yet, though...still had the ones from last week.

Hambone
11-14-2005, 02:53 PM
Ok, I'm confused. I went to BK today and got the 4 new figures but they were R2-D2, Palpatine, Kit Fisto, and the ARC ship. Last week I got Obi-Wan, Chewbacca, Storm Trooper, and the Snowspeeder.

bobafrett
11-14-2005, 06:22 PM
Ok, I'm confused. I went to BK today and got the 4 new figures but they were R2-D2, Palpatine, Kit Fisto, and the ARC ship. Last week I got Obi-Wan, Chewbacca, Storm Trooper, and the Snowspeeder.

Looks like you got the third wave of figures. Some of the BK's in Chicago sold out of the first wave about mid-week, and started selling the second wave already.

I picked up the second wave of figures Anakin, Mace, Amidilla and the Naboo fighter, and the second two watches. I now have all of the first two waves, including the Vader and two extra Stormtroopers and 4 of the 6 watches.

Luuuuuuke
11-14-2005, 07:14 PM
Ask them where the Vaders are going to. I'd like to know which greasy pimple faced simpleton is taking them.

they'd probably say, "Oh, it went to some greasy pimple faced simpleton whose a member of a forum called SSG.":D

Lord Malakite
11-14-2005, 07:19 PM
Well, just as I figured, I called the BK later in the day and they did have the Vaders, proving once again the morning crew are ignorant of their own surroundings. I told the night manager the situation with the whole Vader thing on the phone and he was good enough to find one and put it on hold for me. So I made a second trip down to BK tonight on foot, this time in the rain again, and got soaked, once again. At least now I have that second Vader, so I should have no more headaches. And with those 5 trips, I think I am done when it comes to walking for this promo. I've done more than my fair share for walking already in this promotion. Besides that I should be going home sometime at the end of this week for my month long college winter break. I'll just finish up at home I figure.:thumbsup:

James Boba Fettfield
11-14-2005, 07:29 PM
they'd probably say, "Oh, it went to some greasy pimple faced simpleton whose a member of a forum called SSG.":D

I fit the glasses and lack of exercise stereotype, so if I ever meet this simpleton here I hope they know who I am based on my vague description.

Looks like the figures were misplaced by the simpleton, though.

2-1B
11-15-2005, 12:17 PM
Yesterday I picked up a set of the new figs and watches, plus I scored my 3rd Vader . . . no I am not hoarding these, they are going to a few friends and their kids. (and one to me, of course. :D )

JetsAndHeels
11-15-2005, 03:23 PM
I picked up the 2nd week's assortment of the toys today, and also scored the EP4 watch. Got them with considerable ease compared to the act of congress I had to get passed for them last week. :)

Mr. JabbaJohnL
11-15-2005, 10:17 PM
Tonight I got the week 2 toys, Vader, and all the rest of the watches. Not sure why they had all the watches, but I do now as well, so it's all good. :cool:

The Vader watch is probably my favorite, and the holo Leia looks odd . . . almost like it's based off of a figure or something.

2-1B
11-16-2005, 12:15 AM
I'm not even opening the watches, I think they look really dumb and I only bought them for the tin . . . I don't even care what's inside. lol

Jayspawn
11-16-2005, 02:14 PM
I stopped by BK this afternoon and picked up the Vader and a meduim strawberry shake!

Incidently, my Vader does not work. ?

CaptainSolo1138
11-16-2005, 02:44 PM
I got my week 2 figures today.

The best part about this wave? Mace's "This party's over" prediction!:D

Mr. JabbaJohnL
11-16-2005, 05:43 PM
I got my week 2 figures today.

The best part about this wave? Mace's "This party's over" prediction!:D
Hell yeah! Though Anakin's inability to spin ranks a close second. :D

CaptainSolo1138
11-16-2005, 06:09 PM
Anakin's inability to spin ranks a close second. :D
I had trouble getting Chewie to spin. I kept trying and trying. I finally stopped when I realized I was scratching the living hell out of my coffee table.

Rocketboy
11-16-2005, 06:10 PM
I was hoping for a "Bad Mother****er" response.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
11-16-2005, 07:18 PM
I had trouble getting Chewie to spin. I kept trying and trying. I finally stopped when I realized I was scratching the living hell out of my coffee table.
Haha, yeah, that happened to me too. If you have hard floors, it's better to try them there (be sure to get a good head start before putting them down). Chewie works fine but for some reason Anakin's power has a surge and then all of a sudden stops and goes really slow. :confused:

CaptainSolo1138
11-16-2005, 08:31 PM
Anakin's power has a surge and then all of a sudden stops and goes really slow. :confused:....and this is where my potential comments would get me banned.:thumbsup:

Lord Malakite
11-16-2005, 08:53 PM
Incidently, my Vader does not work. ?
Are you trying to use him while he is in the package?

If you are then the problem is clear. It isn't working because you still have the battery tab in the figure that needs to be pulled out for him to work.:D

figrin bran
11-16-2005, 10:04 PM
i'm transportation less for the time being and so i've had to "malakite" it to the BK down the street from my work to get wave 2. however, since they don't let you just buy the toys, i've had to *gulp* *double gulp* eat the food to get them. ani with a cheeseburger, mace with a cheeseburger, naboo fighter with a hamburger. of course, i found the hamburger really hard to eat and so to get padme, it's back to the cheeseburger.

i guess it's a good thing that i only get 30 minutes for lunch and so after eating i have to kick it into high gear to get back to work and hopefully all the calories are burned off.

bobafrett
11-16-2005, 10:46 PM
I'm not even opening the watches, I think they look really dumb and I only bought them for the tin . . . I don't even care what's inside. lol

I hear that, the hologram isn't worth busting open the seal on the cans. I have yet to remove one watch from it's tin tomb. Years from now the batteries will start to leak, and destroy the tin from the inside out, kinda like BK's food does to my stomach!

K M Toydarian
11-18-2005, 09:19 PM
Just went to BK (Los Angeles) where they had week threee. Ordered meals, etc, and went to pay with my Giftcard. The cashier rang it up, gave me my card, all seemed fine. A minute later, he asked for my card again, then called the manager over. Seems as though they are not participating in the gift card program. Last week the same manager said they just had not been upgraded in the system yet, but now told me their bosses say they are not participating.
I totally understand some franchises not participating, but it still sucks to have 60 bucks in BK gift cards and not be able to use them. I cancelled my order, and will find another BK that takes the cards.
Again, no big deal, but just make sure the BK you go to accepts the cards!

El Chuxter
11-19-2005, 08:49 AM
So they can issue them but not accept them? You ought to complain to someone higher up than the manager. That's a crock of doodoo.

figrin bran
11-19-2005, 07:49 PM
some fun with the Kit Fisto jedi wisdom

me: hey kit, so why didn't you do a better job at blocking palpatine?
kit: not possible
me: what do you mean "not possible?"
kit: search your feelings
me: i think you need to search YOUR feelings
kit: i sense a disturbance

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
11-19-2005, 11:37 PM
I went to a BK tonight and spent $8.82 and all I got was one watch, one toy, a kids meal, a value meal, and some acid reflux. :sad:

2-1B
11-20-2005, 10:37 AM
Picked up the Gift Card Set yesterday and I almost duped the ignorant cashier into only putting a few bucks on each card but then she double checked with management and I had to pay $60.

That's okay though, I'll be using the cards to pick up the next 2 weeks worth of toys for some friends and myself so it won't be too hard to burn up the money. I'm not eating $60 worth of that ****, I'll tell ya that. lollollol

El Chuxter
11-20-2005, 10:43 AM
Man, I was hoping the Kit Fisto Jedi Wisdom would give ladykillin' advice.

"Kit Fisto, there's a girl in my class that I like but I don't know if she likes me. What should I do?"
"Marvin Gaye anda nice bottle of Chardonnay are stronger in the Force than any Jedi Master alone."

"Kit Fisto, I have this crush on Amy Allen and she's going to be at the next convention I go to, and I really want to ask her out, because all the guys in second period would just die."
"Never rub another man's Blueberry Muffin, Junior. Stick to the lady who plays Taun We."

figrin bran
11-20-2005, 08:46 PM
so i went back to get the rest of wave 3 and the ROTS watch and apparently this moron behind me didn't like the fact that there was one person working the cashier and serving the food and especially didn't like the fact i was asking the server to check for any vaders.

well, it turns out that all the moron wanted was a cup of water. he wasn't even a paying customer and yet he had the nerve to call me out for "f-ing around with toys???" i'll do what i please, thank you! :ninja:

steeltormentor69
11-21-2005, 01:11 PM
I went today and got the last 2 watches I needed, Ep 3 and Ep 6, but in toys all they had was Kit Fisto, Palpatine, and the ARC ship . The lady behind the counter said that's all there was this week. What am I missing? Yoda or R2? I think she was full of crap, but still she fetched me a vader so I'm kinda, sorta happy. She said they weren't getting anymore in and that she had them all now. Good thing is I haven't had to buy any food this time around except for the kids meals for my kid so he could get a toy too. He loves the ships. The key thing is neato.

bobafrett
11-21-2005, 06:10 PM
I got the 5th and 6th watches, so my collection of those is now complete! I asked about the toys, and the cashier pulls out all the first weeks toys, so I picked up another Stormtrooper. I looked at the box behind the counter, and they had lots of Stormtroopers. I thought they may have just dumped the remaining week 1 toys on top a box of week 3 toys, not the case though.

2-1B
11-21-2005, 07:14 PM
Neither store in my area got the new toys today but one of them did have the new watches, odd.

Lord Malakite
11-21-2005, 11:20 PM
Neither store in my area got the new toys today but one of them did have the new watches, odd.

No more walking for me as I am now at home for winter break. Took most of the day though to convince someone to drive me down to BK. Wish I could have walked like at the college as it would have been less of a hassle on my part than complaining most of the day, but when the nearest BK is between 15 to 20 miles instead of 2.5 miles there is no way I'd be able to hold up an entire trip to and from (30 to 40 miles). If it came to it though and I couldn't have got anyone to take me you better believe I'd try the walk along the highway before giving up.

Perhaps its a sign to finally learn how to drive (though I'm certain that I'm doomed to failure and probably death when that day comes).:D

Anyway, I had the exact opposite problem here at home than you Caesar. They had the Week 3 toys, but not the last two watches. They said they might have them when tomorrow's expected shipment comes, so here is hoping. In the meantime I bought 2 sets of all the Week 3 toys.

So just 2 sets of Week 4 toys and the last 2 watches still to go.

Also got another two Vaders; one of which was for free (bringing the total Vaders to 4), though I'm not exactly certain why I got them. That was my mom's idea after I had told her how rare they were and the trouble they caused me in getting the first two. I guess she plans on giving them to some of my other siblings (besides JBF) for presents or something like that.

Kind of makes my multiple 2 hour Treks to BK during thunderstorms for Vader at college seem a bit pointless, and dare I say crazy looking, now.:D

steeltormentor69
11-22-2005, 04:55 AM
so what are all the toys that come in week 3's set, I know I'm missing one.

Lord Malakite
11-22-2005, 12:35 PM
The Week 3 toys steeltormentor69 are Kit Fisto, Arc Clone Fighter, R2-D2, and Emperor Palpatine. Also Darth Vader comes again this week if you still need him.;)

plasticfetish
11-22-2005, 09:05 PM
We visited our local BK again. I saw that they still had the big box of '04 promo toys behind the counter, so the kid and I asked the nice manager lady if she wouldn't mind showing us a box of the toys that they were actually advertising and displaying in the store. "I just put out the box that I grabbed first." she said and then wandered off to grab a box of '05 promo toys from the back room. As she cut the box open with her keys, my kid kept jabbering the word "Vader" over and over again. The nice girl at the register says, "Oh yeah, there should be a Darth Vader in there... there's one in every box." I replied by saying, "Yes, that will make my son very happy. Thanks for opening the box up."

The manager lady handed my son the Vader toy, he squealed with joy knowing full well that 90% of them end up being cherry picked and then scalped by BK employees. She put the box somewhere in the back, (leaving the '04 stuff out for those that aren't smart enough to ask.)

figrin bran
11-22-2005, 09:43 PM
Lord Malakite, is there any chance you'd be willing to trade/sell one of those Vaders?

with just a week left in the promotion, i have a feeling i'm not going to get one. everytime i ask BK employees, no sooner do the words "darth vader" leave my mouth than they give me a flat out "no". it's as if there's some shroud of secrecy around them. other times, i get a "we never got any in". only once during these past 3 weeks has the cashier been willing to search through the toy bin.

Rocketboy
11-22-2005, 10:24 PM
I keep getting the "We haven't gotten any yet" or "It's not out yet" also.
Burger fools.

2-1B
11-23-2005, 12:06 AM
found a store today with wave 3 finally, just 4 more to go next week and I'll be done with BK for awhile. :D

And after picking up some pieces for friends, I only have about $15 left on my gift cards so that is all working out quite nicely. :)

Lord Malakite
11-23-2005, 02:00 AM
Lord Malakite, is there any chance you'd be willing to trade/sell one of those Vaders?
If they were technically mine to give away I wouldn't mine selling/trading one to you, except that isn't entirely the case figrin. Right now with college and not having a job my funds through credit card etc. is taken care of by my parents. Since most of my purchases is college supply crap I don't have to worry about paying that back, but because all this SW stuff from BK (both May's promo and this promo) that I bought for myself is just for the sake of collecting it (not counting JBF's; which he is paying for out of his own money stash), I am stuck paying it off through a certain upcoming holiday if you get my drift.:lipsrseal

So even though I'm the one calling and running all over the place charging stuff to credit card, these two extra Vaders (including the freebie) actually still belong to my parents since it was my mom's idea to get them and they are the one's doing the paying money (plus now that I'm home; gas/driving) wise.

I suppose I could ask my parents about it, but more than likely the Vaders will find themselves as gifts for one of my other younger brothers/sisters (besides JBF that is). Who knows though, with one week left I might still be able to find/get a hold of another one or two before it is all said and done.

Lord Malakite
11-24-2005, 01:56 AM
Picked up the final two watches I needed last night (Episode III and Episode VI).

Only two sets of the Week 4 toys to go before I can finally call it quits.

figrin bran
11-24-2005, 12:52 PM
i had breakfast at the BK closest to my house and scored a Vader for just $1!!!!! i would've tried that location sooner but i know there's an employee who hoards and scalps the Vaders and so i didn't think i'd have any chance at that location.

now i just need wave 4, maul and yoda watches and then i don't have to ever set foot in BK ever again.

figrin bran
11-26-2005, 07:01 PM
today i scored all of wave 4 for just a buck per toy as well as the remaining watches i was missing. now i don't have to set foot in a Burger King for a long, long time!!!

one thing i've been noticing is that BK restaurants that previously weren't willing to sell toys or watches w/out a meal purchase have reversed course and are selling toys for a buck and watches for 1.99, no meal purchase required. i wonder if it's just the specific locations i'm going to or is it some sort of mandate from BK headquarters? maybe they aren't selling through like last time?

BlueSnags
11-26-2005, 09:28 PM
today i scored all of wave 4 for just a buck per toy as well as the remaining watches i was missing. now i don't have to set foot in a Burger King for a long, long time!!!

one thing i've been noticing is that BK restaurants that previously weren't willing to sell toys or watches w/out a meal purchase have reversed course and are selling toys for a buck and watches for 1.99, no meal purchase required. i wonder if it's just the specific locations i'm going to or is it some sort of mandate from BK headquarters? maybe they aren't selling through like last time?

I noticed the same thing at the BKs I've been hitting. I don't think the toys are selling through. SW Mania seems to have subsided a little, which is a good thing for us collectors, of course. I've noticed less self-proclaimed "Longtime Star Wars Collectors" (who in reality only surfaced around Episode III time) hanging around the stores at opening lately.

Lord Malakite
11-26-2005, 10:53 PM
Good to see you got your Vader and other BK SW stuff you were missing figrin.:thumbsup:

I'm getting a bit anxious with finishing up myself and not coming up short, especially with this last batch of toys coming out immediately following Thanksgiving; the busiest of all shopping weekends. If any week has the potential of selling out quickly its this one. Just hope it already isn't too late.:cross-eye

bobafrett
11-27-2005, 05:50 PM

Of the three BK's in the town I live in, the one that is a block and a half away from my house has a sign saying they are not selling the SW toys seperately. The second BK has been hooking me up with all the toys and watches without making me eat a lick of their food. The third BK I haven't set foot in since they were jerks to me during the first wave of toys, besides why go elsewhere when I already have a store that supports my habit without making me kill my caloric intake. :D

Lord Malakite
11-29-2005, 02:06 PM
Well pretty much as I predicted, Wave 4 has proven itself almost as difficult to obtain as the limited Vaders coming off Thanksgiving weekend. After 2 days of searching and 3 visits to 2 different BKs though, I can finally announce that I obtained my two sets of Week 4 toys (Yoda, Luke, Bail, and the Vulture Droid). So now I am done.:thumbsup:

Lord Malakite
11-30-2005, 02:24 AM
I just realized something, if someone wanted to make polls on the BK toys they could have a literal field day in comparing different versions of the same or similar toys in terms of which is better.

With same character/vehicle comparisons you got.

"Wind-Up" Han Solo (Wave 1) vs. "Wind-Up" Han Solo's Carbonite Block Accessory (Wave 1)
"Mystery" Darth Vader (Wave 1) vs. "Breathing" Darth Vader (Wave 2)
"Mystery" Anakin Skywalker (Wave 1) vs. "Galactic Spinner" Anakin Skywalker (Wave 2)
"Movie Viewer" Luke Skywalker (Wave 1) vs. "Galactic Spinner" Luke Skywalker (Wave 2)
"Movie Viewer" Obi-Wan Kenobi (Wave 1) vs. "Jedi Wisdom" Obi-Wan Kenobi (Wave 2)
"Water Squirter" Emperor Palpatine (Wave 1) vs. "Galactic Spinner" Emperor Palpatine (Wave 2)
"Movie Viewer" Mace Windu (Wave 1) vs. "Jedi Wisdom" Mace Windu (Wave 2)
"Water Squirter" R2-D2 (Wave 1) vs. "Shadow Caster" R2-D2 (Wave 2)
"Wind-Up" Yoda (Wave 1) vs. "Jedi Wisdom" Yoda (Wave 2)
"Wind-Up" Senator Padme Amidala (Wave 1) vs. "Shadow Caster" Queen Padme Amidala (Wave 2)
"Plush" Chewbacca (Wave 1) vs. "Galactic Spinner" Chewbacca (Wave 2)
"Pull-Back" X-Wing's Mini R2-D2 (Wave 1) vs. "Cosmic Cruiser" Naboo Fighter's Mini R2-D2 (Wave 2)

With similar character/vehicle comparisons you got.

"Wind-Up" Clone Trooper (Wave 1) vs. "Shadow Caster" Stormtrooper (Wave 2)
"Pull-Back" X-Wing (Wave 1) vs. "Cosmic Cruiser" Arc Clone Fighter (Wave 2)
"Pull-Back" Jedi Fighter (Wave 1) vs. "Pull-Back" Darth Vader's TIE Fighter (Wave 1)
"Mystery" Anakin Skywalker (Wave 1) vs. "Mystery" Darth Vader (Wave 1)
"Mystery" Anakin Skywalker (Wave 1) vs. "Breathing" Darth Vader (Wave 2)
"Galactic Spinner" Anakin Skywalker (Wave 2) vs. "Mystery" Darth Vader (Wave 1)
"Galactic Spinner" Anakin Skywalker (Wave 2) vs. "Breathing" Darth Vader (Wave 2)
"Pull-Back" X-Wing's Mini R2-D2 (Wave 1) vs. "Water Squirter" R2-D2 (Wave 1)
"Pull-Back" X-Wing's Mini R2-D2 (Wave 1) vs. "Shadow Caster" R2-D2 (Wave 2)
"Cosmic Cruiser" Naboo Fighter's Mini R2-D2 (Wave 2) vs. "Water Squirter" R2-D2 (Wave 1)
"Cosmic Cruiser" Naboo Fighter's Mini R2-D2 (Wave 2) vs. "Shadow Caster" R2-D2 (Wave 2)

Then, if you want to go completely absurd and insane on the subject (even more so than some of the already above mentioned that is), you can do the following all encompassing comparisons.

"Mystery" Anakin Skywalker (Wave 1) vs. "Breathing" Darth Vader (Wave 2) vs. "Galactic Spinner" Anakin Skywalker (Wave 2) vs. "Mystery" Darth Vader (Wave 1)
"Pull-Back" X-Wing's Mini R2-D2 (Wave 1) vs. "Cosmic Cruiser" Naboo Fighter's Mini R2-D2 (Wave 2) vs. "Water Squirter" R2-D2 (Wave 1) vs. "Shadow Caster" R2-D2 (Wave 2)
"Cosmic Cruiser" Snowspeeder's Key vs."Cosmic Cruiser" Naboo Fighter's Key vs. "Cosmic Cruiser" Arc Clone Fighter's Key vs. "Cosmic Cruiser" Vulture Droid's Key

Obviously I have a bit too much free time on my hands at the moment.:D

bobafrett
11-30-2005, 06:30 AM
Well pretty much as I predicted, Wave 4 has proven itself almost as difficult to obtain as the limited Vaders coming off Thanksgiving weekend. After 2 days of searching and 3 visits to 2 different BKs though, I can finally announce that I obtained my two sets of Week 4 toys (Yoda, Luke, Bail, and the Vulture Droid). So now I am done.:thumbsup:

Those were week 4 toys? My BK had week 1 toys during week 3, so I might have missed week 3's and skipped right on to week #4. :upset: I will keep checking, and bring my checklist in with me.

Lord Malakite
11-30-2005, 12:28 PM
Those were week 4 toys? My BK had week 1 toys during week 3, so I might have missed week 3's and skipped right on to week #4. :upset: I will keep checking, and bring my checklist in with me.
Yeah, those were Week 4. If it helps I can list the week figures again.

Week 1: Obi-Wan Kenobi, Stormtrooper, Chewbacca, Snowspeeder

Week 2: Mace Windu, Queen Amidala, Anakin Skywalker, Naboo Fighter

Week 3: Kit Fisto, R2-D2, Emperor Palpatine, Arc Clone Fighter

Week 4: Yoda, Bail Organa, Luke Skywalker, Vulture Droid

All 4 Weeks: Darth Vader

2-1B
11-30-2005, 01:12 PM
On Monday my local BK joint was surprisingly behind, still on wave 3. So I went to a different place and got them but the POS crusty old hard *** loser manager would only sell me one set (I need one for a friend) because he has limited quantities. I've dealt with this guy before and he seems downright rude, not just with toys but in general...so this isn't an off the cuff remark, I really dislike him.

So today I tried the local place for that second set and they STILL don't have them. :crazed:

Mr. JabbaJohnL
12-01-2005, 03:47 PM
I got the final wave today, but only after the lady first tried to tell me that "those" (Palpatine, Kit, R2, ARC-170 - the ones she gave me) were the only ones they had. Just a few seconds later, after giving back the old ones, another guy gave me the new ones. So all is well. But it almost wasn't.

Er . . .

DTMAN
12-01-2005, 05:17 PM
The things we endure for toys.
Almost thought it was over.
Picked up the last wave and picked up gift cards.
However, some BKs are all out of toys and not all were ready for the gift cards even if they had the display.
Supposedly, they only have the watches and gift cards, but not all BKs will have gift cards. Sounds like Hasbro distribution.

It's not over yet.

bobafrett
12-01-2005, 09:43 PM
I went tonight, and luckily the gal (assistant manager) of that BK is also a Star Wars fan, went back to a closed box and exchanged 4 of the 4th weeks toys for 4 of the third weeks which I had missed. Not that "I" missed them, but they put out weeks 1 toys during the third week. I thought I was doomed, since I had stopped at every BK in my driving area only to find 4th week toys. She also said I could pick up the 6 cards with just $5 per card.

Lord Malakite
12-02-2005, 11:51 AM
So are you all done now frett?

bobafrett
12-02-2005, 11:38 PM
So are you all done now frett?

Yes! Well, other than the cards, but no biggie if I don't get them, I don't know what I would buy $30 worth of food on at BK.

BTW Lord_Malakite, thanks for the info on what items came out in what week. It was most helpful, and pushed me to make more frequent visits because I though for a while there that I was going to have to get the week 3 toys on eBay or some other source.

Also thank you to whomever posted the link to the checklist. I took that in and it helped during my search for the "complete" collection!

The young lady who I mentioned up above as having helped me out told me that the Vaders were only one per case. Is there any truth to that? I thought they were a little more pkentiful than that. I did manage to get hold of two, one of which sits on my computer flanked by three Stormtroopers (who look like they are doing a Disco move).

Kidhuman
12-02-2005, 11:46 PM
The guy at BK told me Vaders wrere one per case also, so very possible.

bobafrett
12-02-2005, 11:52 PM
The guy at BK told me Vaders wrere one per case also, so very possible.

If true, WOW, what a shortsighted mastermind they have working for BK. "Let's pack each case with just 1 of the most popular characters in Star Wars" They must have had those losers on the Apprentice put this idea together.

Rocketboy
12-03-2005, 12:19 AM
I really doubt they are 1 per case. When I asked if they had any the other day, the lady said she thought they might have a few left, but she couldn't find any when she looked.

figrin bran
12-03-2005, 01:42 AM
you guys should know better than to believe BK employees and their "one per case" claims!

they were 4 per case. 1 case = 49 each of the 4 different toys for each wave plus 4 vaders.

Lord Malakite
12-03-2005, 07:00 AM
they were 4 per case. 1 case = 49 each of the 4 different toys for each wave plus 4 vaders.
I'm shocked as to how the BK employees (assuming they aren't low enough to scam the customer) could be ignorant to that fact when they list this info on the side of the case (with drawn pictures and names of the toys in that case no less).:sad:

bobafrett
12-03-2005, 09:03 AM
Still, 4 per case is awfully short considering that this Vader was different than the one from the first wave. Thanks for the info, and I'm glad I was able to get the two that I have then.

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
12-04-2005, 02:59 PM
I just came back from BK and found out that they instituted a new rule in where one cannot purchase an extra toy when buying a kid's meal, unlike in the past. That means to buy the toys in the wave, I have to buy 4 kids meals to get them. I hate buying the food, as I just want to get the damn toy.

plasticfetish
12-04-2005, 03:47 PM
I just came back from BK and found out that they instituted a new rule...These "rules" that come and go at Burger King are crazy. I'd really doubt that it's anything other than some one (the manager or even the clerk you're talking to) trying to "have it their way" by making up a bunch or rules. Fact is, if it's not posted on a sign or advertised, it's not really a policy.

Most every time that I go to a thrift store these days, the places are full of bag after bag loaded with kids meal toys that BK, McD, etc. couldn't get rid of, so they just donate them (it's a write-off I'm sure.) The BK near me was still giving out '04 toys... so you wonder, why are they so stingy with these stupid plastic toys that probably cost them less than a nickel?

Answer: Because they want us to eat somewhere else after the promo's over. ;)

bobafrett
12-04-2005, 05:24 PM
I just came back from BK and found out that they instituted a new rule in where one cannot purchase an extra toy when buying a kid's meal, unlike in the past. That means to buy the toys in the wave, I have to buy 4 kids meals to get them. I hate buying the food, as I just want to get the damn toy.

Hmmmmm, that sounds fishy. I was able to get my entire set of toys and watches without having to buy any food. Thank God, I am really not a fan of their waist expanding food products. The cashier when I picked up my last set of toys told me that they just wanted to get the promotion over with.

Lord Malakite
12-05-2005, 01:09 AM
Son of a *****. I got so busy kicking the BK King's *** for all the SW gift cards/watches/toys that Ronald McDonald has blind sighted and stabbed me in the back with 6 Power Ranger toys that I'm just now hearing about for the first time (going on Week 3 of that promo). Now I have to head over to the Golden Arches and hope I can play catch up to get all of those. I hate multi-tasking restaurant promos.:upset:

I decided to "have it my way" and the King went down for the count; now its time to make Court Jester McDonald pay because "I'm smiling and loving it." :whip:

Lord Malakite
12-05-2005, 02:24 AM
Looks like there were actually 7 Star Wars gift cards and I missed one. :hurt: I'm certain I'm not the only one to miss out on this one gift card though. It was available back during the first 31 toy SW promotion in May and only in Richmond, VA Burger Kings. Apparently part of a test market run for the gift cards in general.

Lord Malakite
12-05-2005, 10:58 AM
Just a brief non-SW update, went to McDonalds and got all 6 of the Power Ranger toys.They had some left over from the previous weeks that I missed and then let us root around the shed for this and all the future weeks. So with one trip I'm done and "I'm loving it." :razz:

I wish Burger King was this good when it came to the Star Wars toys.

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
12-11-2005, 11:04 AM
Went to Burger King last night and saw that they were taking down the SW displays and replacing them with promotions from "King Kong" the movie. I still ordered a Kids Meal, hoping that they would still have some SW toys left and wouldn't you know, that I picked up my first Vader toy, not getting him during the original summer promotion yet getting him on the last day of their second, and last EpIII, promotion.

I almost hugged the pimply kid behind the counter. :cry:

Kidhuman
12-11-2005, 11:53 AM
I still got the first Vader for you. I am sorry I keep forgetting to PM you about it.

Lord Malakite
12-12-2005, 01:11 AM
Uh, I thought Burger King was supposed to get King Kong toys next after Star Wars. :cross-eye The UK lucked out with a few but the US doesn't look like they will get any. They have Furby toys up now with what looks like at least 30 to as many as 100 possible different toys. No limited edition Furbys like our 2 Vaders for those collectors to worry about, but with that many unpredictable toys to collect it makes our SW 31 and 17 toy promotions look like child's play. I'd hate to be a Furby collector right now. :D

dashrender
12-22-2005, 01:23 AM
I'm looking for a Bail Organa for trade. I have about 10 to choose from. Let me know if you are interested.

Thanks