PDA

View Full Version : Burger King Toy promos

Pages : [1] 2

Bossk77
03-19-2005, 06:00 PM
So does anyone know when they will officially be released in kids meals? I cant get a strait answer from BK.

Sith Lord 0498
03-19-2005, 07:51 PM
According to an internal BK pamphlet that was leaked on the Net months ago, the promotion will run from May 16th to June 26th. Here's the upper right corner.

Bossk77
03-19-2005, 08:43 PM
Interesting..... i had heard it begins on 4/2. Now if we could only get a release order of the different toys.

Kidhuman
03-19-2005, 10:56 PM
Good deal, now Iknow the release date. I think a they will all be available at once or like 5 per week.

Bossk77
03-19-2005, 11:09 PM
See this page to get the official word.

http://www.starwars.com/episode-iii/release/promo/news20050304.html

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
03-20-2005, 03:34 PM
Watch SW fans like me end up like Morgan Spurlock in "SuperSize Me!" living off a steady diet of Burger King for a month just to get the promotional toys we crave.

I myself am just glad it isn't Taco Bell again.

Bossk77
03-20-2005, 03:37 PM
Watch SW fans like me end up like Morgan Spurlock in "SuperSize Me!" living off a steady diet of Burger King for a month just to get the promotional toys we crave.

I myself am just glad it isn't Taco Bell again.
Well looks like i will be meeting you in the Liposuction dept at the hospital. On a very sad note i have a friend who conciders the Taco Bell R2 with leia inside a family heirloom.

bobafrett
03-20-2005, 08:06 PM
Well looks like i will be meeting you in the Liposuction dept at the hospital. On a very sad note i have a friend who conciders the Taco Bell R2 with leia inside a family heirloom.

That is sad, but quite halarious! But what is sadder, your friends family heirloom, or me thinking I want to be buried in my Stormtrooper armor? :p

What a bad time to start my diet. Guess I'll just have to intercept the truck with the boxes of promo toys for BK.

BTW, did anyone notice how scary looking the new "King" looks in the TV ads for BK? Guy gives me the creeps.

Kidhuman
03-20-2005, 10:42 PM
You can buy them seperately without buying food. Cost like 1-2 dollars each.

Bossk77
03-20-2005, 10:59 PM
That is sad, but quite halarious! But what is sadder, your friends family heirloom, or me thinking I want to be buried in my Stormtrooper armor? :p

What a bad time to start my diet. Guess I'll just have to intercept the truck with the boxes of promo toys for BK.

BTW, did anyone notice how scary looking the new "King" looks in the TV ads for BK? Guy gives me the creeps.
I believe the King was the former King from a Midevil time's resturaunt. Watch Cable Guy if you are not a current or fromer California resident.

I wonder if the toys will be in a non-seethrough bag or will it be see-through to make it easyer on us?

Slicker
03-21-2005, 02:45 AM
You can buy them seperately without buying food. Cost like 1-2 dollars each.Hopefully so. I love fast food don't get me wrong but having to eat it all the time to get the toys would get ridiculous seeing as I hate nearly every vegetable known to man so I eat a cheeseburger with just mustard and ketchup/catsup.

Kidhuman
03-21-2005, 07:48 AM
ketchup/catsup.

Be csrefulk, figuring that one out might get you committed. (points for that reference)

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
03-21-2005, 03:29 PM
You can buy them seperately without buying food. Cost like 1-2 dollars each.

Oh good, kh. I try and limit myself to one visit to a fast food joint/take out place per week. Eating everyday at Burger King, whether it be a Kids' Meal or not, seemed like a daunting task.

Bossk77
03-21-2005, 07:28 PM
Can someone post some quailtiy picks of they toys. Trying to figure which ones to gun for.

Bossk77
03-21-2005, 07:29 PM
Can someone post some quailtiy pics of they toys. Trying to figure which ones to gun for.:D

K M Toydarian
03-22-2005, 03:26 AM
"I wonder if the toys will be in a non-seethrough bag or will it be see-through to make it easyer on us?"...

I imagine they will be in an opague poly bag so you don't know what toy it is. They did this a few times with Pokemon toys in a similar set up. Many different toys in different "categories" ie: keychain, squirter, plush.
At least you can tell the plush, I want a bunch of those!
Otherwise, what good would a limited Anakin/Vader toy be? They would be scalped right from the box.
If the promo is "blind" I hope the assortments are good, with a couple of each "variety" in every case. We should set up a trade board though!

plasticfetish
03-22-2005, 06:27 AM
There's another BK thread from months ago here...
http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showthread.php?t=25841
...with pics and all that. :)

mastermatt24
03-22-2005, 05:59 PM
Anyone know why Bossk went bye-bye?

Turbowars
03-22-2005, 06:59 PM
I was wondering the same thing.

evenflow
03-23-2005, 09:27 AM
I am looking forward to all these. I hope the chase figure isnt too tough to find.

K M Toydarian
04-05-2005, 02:53 AM
Even though I am still having a ball going to a new store everyday to see the shiny new toys, I am itching for more already!
Anyone have an idea when we should see proof of the Burger King toys? Any pics of the toys themselves?
Especially, how the distribution will work? I am guessing blindly and randomly packed in opague bags. If so, I plan on sponsoring a $1 Kids meal lunch at work. Burger, fries, and a coke for a buck (I keep the toy!)
Any Burger King insiders out there?
Oh yea, will there be another promo item to go along with it like a cup or watch for 2.99 like they often do with tie-ins? I am hoping for VIntage type glasses, but with Target doing them, I would think probably not.

moulman
04-05-2005, 11:26 AM
Think i read somewhere that the week before ROTS comes out is when the BK toys are scheduled to come out-sounds kinda late tho

mastermatt24
04-05-2005, 05:48 PM
I am still having a ball going to a new store everyday to see the shiny new toys
ME TOO!! Isnt it a GREAT feeling??

Rocketboy
04-05-2005, 10:20 PM
Be csrefulk, figuring that one out might get you committed. (points for that reference)From the Emperor of Springfield himself - Monty Burns.

Love that episode.

K M Toydarian
04-05-2005, 10:20 PM
Think i read somewhere that the week before ROTS comes out is when the BK toys are scheduled to come out-sounds kinda late tho

Yep, BK starts May 16th. They always start new promos on Mondays.
I can't wait to see pics of the actual toys (and their scale) and get details about distribution. I'm Lovin' it! (oops, that's Mickey D's)

bobafrett
04-05-2005, 10:32 PM
The thing that upset me the most, is after working a long weekend, I walked up to a BK just 3 blocks from my house, thinking they would have the toys out by now. No Luck, Then I came back home, called another BK in my area, the lady answers, I ask if they had the Star Wars toys yet, she says "Yes". I drive to the Fast food restaurant, but they didn't have them. I should have checked back here first. Oh well.

K M Toydarian
04-05-2005, 11:52 PM
No Luck, Then I came back home, called another BK in my area, the lady answers, I ask if they had the Star Wars toys yet, she says "Yes". I drive to the Fast food restaurant, but they didn't have them. I should have checked back here first. Oh well.
The have Robots the Movie right now, so at least maybe she honestly thought they were Star Wars? Oh well people are dumb. :crazed: Sometimes I forget there are people who don't know -gasp- anything about Star Wars! :D

K M Toydarian
04-21-2005, 03:26 AM
Sirsteves has pics of the toys from the Celebration III preview!
They look great to me! I know I am going to get fat with this promo. I am a sucker for this stuff!
Now to find out how they will be distributed. I am still guessing blindly packed in bags so you don't know what you get. Otherwise the rare Anakin would be impossible to get.

Wugmanmax
04-21-2005, 12:48 PM
Cool! This Jabba looks like it will look good hanging out with the Galactic Heroes figures. :)

http://photos.sirstevesguide.com/showphoto.php?photo=10181&cat=3812&page=3

Rocketboy
04-21-2005, 01:12 PM
A BK near me has Vader window posters up with the May 16 date on them.
It says something about choosing the right path and to choose wisely.

figrin bran
04-28-2005, 01:03 AM
except for the fur covered ones, those super deformed figures look great! looks like i'll be stopping by the BK near work every day.

MaquisWarrior
04-30-2005, 08:43 PM
:crazed: DUH! Are the BK watches going to be released for the BOOTLEG DVD out there?:crazed: They should sell those now not in October!
I'M JUST KIDDING PLEASE DO NOT TAKE THIS OFF! I just couldn't resist:D "All too easy!"
USE A BOOTLEG DVD GO TO JAIL!!

James Boba Fettfield
04-30-2005, 08:55 PM
. . . what?

MaquisWarrior
04-30-2005, 11:01 PM
The way I read the BK watches post it sounded that the legally made ROTS DVD was already coming out. It might as well most of us will go watch something else until Mid-June when the crowds die down due to all the spoilers and the novel, and the comics, etc. Here in L.A. the biggest crimes are : drive by shootings; stalkers; child molestors; drgus; and movie bootleggers. So that's where the first comment came from. I don't know or CARE about bootleg anything, unless we live in a real-life Empire where everything is banned ,and no we are not headed there and this is not the appropiate forum for it, either.

plasticfetish
05-01-2005, 04:45 AM
. . . what?

MaquisWarrior
05-01-2005, 05:52 PM
Never mind! Forget I said anything about the watches! Sheeesh.....

speaking of "WHAT?" I'll be at the Wrestling Toys sister site of these dudes in case you need me. "And THAT'S THE BOTTOM LINE..."

plasticfetish
05-02-2005, 05:51 PM
Ohhh! The watches... I didn't see that news story up front...

beckmen
05-04-2005, 12:32 AM
There will be a instant-win scratch-off game as well. Probably Large and King-sized drinks and fries will be the only things to include the game-pieces. I am going to have to get friends and family members to redeem my prizes for me on account I work there.

Funny, I am finding this stuff out on-line, and not even the managers know. I knew SW was coming a good month before the managers where like "Do you like SW? That's the next promotion".

I claimed the stuff they throw out, pretty cool Vader poster, I'll just cut off the BK stuff at the bottom prolly. Hopefully it doesn't get tossed before I get it, they don;'t have their stuff together there...

figrin bran
05-04-2005, 12:51 AM
beckmen, assuming that the super deformed toys for the kids meals will be in sealed bags, will you be able to pass on info to us like bag #1 is grievious, #2 is obi wan and so forth?

Veers
05-05-2005, 07:20 AM
I am looking forward to it.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
05-05-2005, 11:30 AM
On GalacticHunter there are pics of the toys in the bags. The bags are see-through! You can just look and know what it is; you don't have to feel around to guess. :D I think I heard somewhere that you can get two toys if you buy a value menu (non-kids) so that may be the route I take for a while. This promotion is going to be very tasty. :D

Wugmanmax
05-05-2005, 01:51 PM
I think they should be advertising the added bonus of this promotion:

"Eat our food to collect all the toys and watches, and you too can look like Jabba!"

;) :D

I seriously can't wait though. :)

James Boba Fettfield
05-05-2005, 04:34 PM
Hmmm, but will the employees be nice enough to look for one of the five Vaders in each case.

I hope so.

Kidhuman
05-05-2005, 06:24 PM
They will JBF, for themselves.

James Boba Fettfield
05-05-2005, 06:39 PM
Out in the SW merchandise ignorant land where I hail from, I do not expect the employees to be well versed in what a chase figure is.

And hopefully so is the rest of the BK eating populace out here. Or there, I mean, since I'm technically not at home back in the sticks as I type this.

So anyone in Brown County, Ohio reading this . . . STAY AWAY from the Batavia Burger King. I called it, it's mine. :frus:

Kidhuman
05-05-2005, 06:56 PM
Are they serving Turkey JBF?

James Boba Fettfield
05-05-2005, 07:04 PM
Be one more reason to spend more early summer days there if they did, KH. To hell with the SW toys, fried turkey, man.

Just to keep this BK related, anyone know how many toys are normally in a case? 50? More, less?

K M Toydarian
05-07-2005, 01:12 AM
Hey there...
Just won a free whopper or breakfast sandwich from the Choose Your Destiny Game. There is a free game piece on a full page ad in the May 13th Entertainment Weekly that was just delivered. Cool ad with Darth and the King. Rub off one death star to win. Don't know if every piece is a winner or not, but still a cool promo and contest. Can't wait till the 16th to get the toys too! BTW bk.com says only EW subscription magazines have the game piece, not newstands.
A cool teaser to get me excited none the less!

Magus Frost
05-07-2005, 11:19 PM
Please forgive the possible OT of this thread, but this seemed the most likely place to post it.

Does anyone know when the new BK SD figs will begin becoming available?

TIA

2-1B
05-07-2005, 11:42 PM
May 16th, that according to the laminate posting on their drive thru window. :)

Mr. JabbaJohnL
05-08-2005, 01:43 PM
RS said that the promotion has been bumped up to May 11, and they'll have ads the night before on Fox. I wonder If this is true or not?

figrin bran
05-09-2005, 12:29 AM
there's only one way to find out! i'll definitely visit a few BK's on the 11th. i have a bad feeling about the chase anakin/vader toys...who knows, they might all be up on ebay on the 10th!

mastermatt24
05-10-2005, 09:41 PM
they'll have ads the night before on Fox. =
My friend has already seen two different BK ads, he said that they were really funny.

figrin bran
05-11-2005, 01:31 AM
it's official - my local BK said they would be selling the toys tomorrow. and i saw one of the ads tonight- the one with the stormtrooper.

and here's the assortment info that i got off of another site:

Assortment 1:
Han Solo
Millenium Falcon
Jabba the Hutt
Wicket
Luke Skywalker
Darth Vader

Assortment 2:
Yoda
X-Wing Fighter
R2-D2
Chewbacca
Darth Maul
Darth Vader

Assortment 3:
Emperor Palpatine
Podracer
Padme Amidala
Jawa
Obi-Wan Kenobi
Darth Vader

Assoertment 4:
General Grievous
Jedi Starfighter
Jar Jar Binks
Boga
Princess Leia Organa
Darth Vader

Assortment 5:
Clone Trooper
Darth Vader's TIE Fighter
Boba Fett
Wampa
C-3PO
Darth Vader

Assortment 6:
Watto
Landspeeder
Battle Droid
Tarfful
Mace Windu
Darth Vader

Each assortment comes in boxes of 200, 39 of each figure plus 5 Darth Vaders. Each assortment is released in order week by week for the 6 week promotion.

Jedi
05-11-2005, 07:47 AM
What's the REAL deal on these things??

Last night I happened to be at a local BK and asked the employee what was going on. He said the "Choose Your Destiny" gamepieces would start today (5/11). When I asked about the toys he said he didn't think they were going to start that until maybe this Friday, and that they would be included in kids' meals.

My understanding through reading webpages and such was that the toy promotion ALSO started today and that you could get TWO toys included in your adult value meal. What gives here??????

Anyone been to their local BK yet? If so, how are they distributing the toys, through kids meals only or also adult meals????

Thank you,
Jedi

samskull
05-11-2005, 08:05 AM
Adult Meal Combos with toys?!

"I'll take the BK Whaler with Cheese....psssst, can I get a Vader with that!"

Wouldn't that just **** off kids in the next booth if I got two toys in my lunch while they only got one! Maybe BK is onto something here....:classic:

ROTJLuke
05-11-2005, 08:06 AM
I went to my local burger king, and they told me that they wouldnt be giving them out until friday around my area in detroit, and then the woman asked what a 17 year old kid needs to be doing with SW toys...I tried to explain that I was a collector, and it was helping me quit smoking...and she laughed in my face....needless to say I went to mcdonalds....

Mandalorian Candidat
05-11-2005, 09:22 AM
I went to my local burger king, and they told me that they wouldnt be giving them out until friday around my area in detroit, and then the woman asked what a 17 year old kid needs to be doing with SW toys...I tried to explain that I was a collector, and it was helping me quit smoking...and she laughed in my face....needless to say I went to mcdonalds....

At least you're not her age and still working at fast food.

So what are some of the prizes in the scratch offs?

dindae
05-11-2005, 09:50 AM
My suggestion is hit flea markets / good will stores after summer and these things will be all over. Those places usually have buckets of happy meal toys. I for one will probably pass on these. They are by far the best food offering so far but since i'm one of those all or nothing type of people it just doesn't seem to be worth running around to pick them all up.

mm74md
05-11-2005, 10:08 AM
I got one this morning for $.99 - got the Luke. I usually get an egg & cheese sandwich in the mornings if I don't have time to eat at home. They are available at MD BK as follows

1 toy with Kids Breakfast meal

2 toys with lunch/dinner meals

$.99 each without any meal.

They aren't available with adult value meals.

So if you just want to buy the toys you can...at least in Hagerstown, MD.

JetsAndHeels
05-11-2005, 10:14 AM
I got one this morning for $.99 - got the Luke. I usually get an egg & cheese sandwich in the mornings if I don't have time to eat at home. They are available at MD BK as follows

1 toy with Kids Breakfast meal

2 toys with lunch/dinner meals

$.99 each without any meal.

They aren't available with adult value meals.

So if you just want to buy the toys you can...at least in Hagerstown, MD.

Sweet!! Thanks for the info.
I am going to try my local BK this afternoon.

steeltormentor69
05-11-2005, 10:35 AM
I just called the BK near me, in Pittsburg, KS and they had Han, wicket, jabba, and the millenium falcon. She said they get 4 in each shipment and they will rotate as needed, she said approximately every week to 2 weeks unless they sell quickly, but she said the truck comes 2 times a week. Also she said I could talk to the manager there and they would contact me when they get new boxes in. She said the toys cost 1.99 alone and the meal is 2.99 before tax, she wasn't sure about the 2 toys with adult meal.
I then called another BK in Joplin, MO and the price of their kids meals were 2.30 so he was like, "might as well get food with it" anyway they had the same toys as above plus they had luke and vader.

which one is the "rare" one?

bobafrett
05-11-2005, 11:25 AM
I went to the BK just one block from me. Only one small 8 1/2 X 11 sign on the door that the "Choose you Destiny" game begins on the 16th. I go inside, and the lady there confirms, no toys until the 16th. So I'm driving through town, and I see another BK with a huge Vader on the door, I stop in and they have promo materials everywhere. I ask about the toys, and first a lady tells me they won't be out until Friday, then she says "hold on, I check with the manager". They bring out a big box and he says I have to buy a meal with it, otherwise he fears they will sell out before the promotion. I tell him that I have been told you can buy the toys seperately, but he declines. I buy my "meal" of bland chicken strips, and ask if they have any Vaders, the manager looks through the box, "nope" he says, but pulls out one each of Jabba, Han in carbonite, the Falcon, and Wicket. I grab the Han and proceed to pay with my debit card. Declined, I try one of my credit cards, declined, I try another credit card, declined. The manager says I must not have any credit on these cards. I'm furious, I keep something on each card, who is this jerk to tell me otherwise. I tell him "I'll be back". I headed to my local 7-Eleven, bought a few items, and pay with my debit, I get $5 cash, and off I go, back to BK. I go to the counter, and the same lady says "Can I help you?" I tell her I was in about twenty minutes ago, and I say "Your credit card machine is not working, because I was able to use it at a 7-Eleven, and I want to see the manager, the one I spoke to earlier". Shje tells me "oh no, he is gone for the day, but there is another manager, would you like to speak to him?". Anyway, the manager comes out, I tell him my situation and he says, "would you like to try your card again?"," NO" I say, "I have the cash, but your machine must be down, because I was able to use my card before and after stopping here". I get my meal, with my prize, and I ask the manager, "Can I get an extra prize for my inconvience?", "yes" he says, and he tells the counter help "get him some extra FRIES". I proceed to eat my food in the BK. As I'm sitting there I hear the manager explain to the counter help, "okay, this is the button for the meal, this is the button if they want two prizes with the meal, and this is the one if they just want the prize". WHAT DID I HEAR. The lady says "oh the manager earlier said we only can sell these with the meal". I chime in, "Yeah, I only wanted the prize, one of each" then he changes and says "yes, we can only sell them with the meal". God did I want to use the force choke hold on the whole crew. As I'm leaving, I ask the manager (different than the one I had search the box earlier) if he has any Vaders. He says "Yes I saw one in here just a few minutes ago, and proceeds to find it, and handed it to me. I hand back the Han in carbonite, and left a little happier then when I first got there an hour earlier. Hey, I got a Vader, got some extra fries (which I really didn't need) and thus my quest for BK SW toys has begun.

evenflow
05-11-2005, 01:31 PM
I got the first 5 toys today, no luck on Vader. :(

kool-aid killer
05-11-2005, 01:34 PM
I had one of their breakfast deals today, i managed to win a free whopper from the peel and scratch game they have going. I really wanted a shake though. Im going to buy a few kids meals for myself over time, but im in no way attempting to collect all the Burger King toys, Lord knows there will be a few stinkers among them and i have no desire to add to the belly.

HighLordDave
05-11-2005, 01:41 PM
A guy here at work went to Burger Czar and got the Han Solo in carbonite toy. He's pretty cool. Apparently, that's all the local BK had.

Botabu
05-11-2005, 01:41 PM
I was able to get the 1st 10 toys and 2 Vader's today..... and I did not have to buy ANY food!

Han Carbonite
Luke Skywalker
Wickett
Jabba the Hutt
Milenium Flacon

Chewbacca
Yoda
X-Wing
Darth Maul
R2-D2

Darth Vader (x2)

evenflow
05-11-2005, 01:48 PM
I got the first 5 toys, no luckj on Vader though. They wouldnt look through the case for me.

beckmen
05-11-2005, 04:33 PM
I think it's supposed to start on the 16th, but many places are breaking the date because they have everything ready to go. My BK did, I got the Falcon, Luke, Wicket and Vader. The manager was letting us employees buy them for 2 for $1.25.

I will look in into the 2-toys-in-a-meal thing if I end up showing up for work tomorrow...

PS: I also got two of the Teaser Window-Clingers (one big, one small) since they were done using them. Got to wok too late to put my name on the list for a lot of the new cool stuff, but I claimed some stuff...again, if I stop showing up for work I'll get diddly.

El Chuxter
05-11-2005, 04:42 PM
Different restaurants must have different policies. My wife was told that she absolutely could not get any toys without the purchase of a kids' meal. So she got the kids' meal, and I got what she described as a viewfinder Luke in the Palm Talker style.

A friend in Orange County also went by BK somewhere out that way today, and that restaurant was selling them 2 for $2 with the purchase of an adult combo.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
05-11-2005, 05:10 PM
Crikey! I better get started on these bad boys. Hopefully my BKs (I have two near me) will have all of them. If anyone gives me any crap like they did to that other guy, I'll order fries just so I can throw some at them. :D

beckmen
05-11-2005, 06:58 PM
My friend said that you can get two for $1.29 with the purchase of a Value Meal (might have said it has to be Large or King-sized), but he's not the end-all, be-all.

Still, 2 Cheeseburger Kid's Club Meals should come to about 6 bucks. That's 2 toys, two burgers, 2 small fries (about a medium) and 2 drinks (about a medium...but there are refills for dine-in so lamanamanewmie) for 6 bucks. Not TOO bad...

JetsAndHeels
05-11-2005, 08:10 PM
Went to my local BK for supper and I picked up Luke, Wicket, Millennium Falcon, Han in Carbonite, and Jabba. The lady working the register looked through their box of toys for a Vader but was unable to locate one. She was going to go to the back to try to find me one but her manager said absolutely not. I was just happy to get what I did. I will try another location again tomorrow.
On a side note, did anyone pick up the aol trial disc in the ROTS packaging? On the cover it says free SW demo game on disc. I grabbed one to try it out.
Also got one of the paper crowns, which had a plethora of SW characters on it.

plasticfetish
05-11-2005, 09:42 PM
Rolled through a Burger King tonight (Long Beach, CA - Spring & Bellflower) on the way home, bought a Coke and asked if I could buy a toy seperately. They told me yes, but that it'd cost me $5. I asked, "Why so much?" and they said, "That's just what they ring up at" and then the manager gave me some cr** line about them being very popular and so they have to charge more. "More" being what I'm guessing gets stuffed in his pockets before he heads home at night.

Hey BK... FU!

figrin bran
05-11-2005, 10:06 PM
Rolled through a Burger King tonight (Long Beach, CA - Spring & Bellflower) on the way home, bought a Coke and asked if I could buy a toy seperately. They told me yes, but that it'd cost me $5. I asked, "Why so much?" and they said, "That's just what they ring up at" and then the manager gave me some cr** line about them being very popular and so they have to charge more. "More" being what I'm guessing gets stuffed in his pockets before he heads home at night.

Hey BK... FU!

wow, that's worse than the one cashier who told me that they only had wicket and jabba! ha, well there's no point of view from which that could be true!

not all BK's will sell you the toys w/out a meal purchase as i'm sure many of you had found out and so i think the best way to deal with that is to call up the restaurants beforehand.

i went to one that was selling the toys w/out meals and inquired about the vader. the cashier said he sold 5 of them but that he'd check the remaining cases tonight and would hold one for me if he found any so here's hoping he makes good on that!

i think the completist in me has been reawakened! must get them all!!! and i must say the likenesses on the luke and han are much better than a lot of the hasbro figures.

InsaneJediGirl
05-11-2005, 10:10 PM
I'm just planning to buy them off eBay.I'm sure there will be enough,except Vader where I'll have to shell out a bit more money.Probably cheaper in the long run health wise and money wise,not buying $4 kiddie meals for all the toys.Then there is the risk of doubles....:D

Turbowars
05-11-2005, 10:23 PM
I was planning on getting these things, but it sounds like a major pain in the @ss. Collecting Hasbro's crap is bad enough. So like Plasticfetish said perfectly,

"Hey BK...FU!"

Bossk77
05-11-2005, 10:27 PM
I have the skinny on the Vader, and yes i got mine. They are geting 5 shipments, one each week, made available for each Monday. Each BK gets one Vader per shippment = 5 vaders total per store. I asked The manager of my local BK who is a star wars freek.

Aurra Sing's Undies
05-11-2005, 11:12 PM
Scored the first wave plus 2 Vader's. Then old lady pulled out from nowhere a
C-3PO, but wouldn't let me have it. She said she was keeping that one for herself, and it was the only one.

plasticfetish
05-11-2005, 11:42 PM
not all BK's will sell you the toys w/out a meal purchaseIf they had said that they didn't sell them without a meal, I would have said "fine." I mean... $5... isn't the kid's meal less than that?

Whatever. Me and the kid will drive through another BK and order 5 meals tomorrow. Hello heart attack.

figrin bran
05-12-2005, 12:39 AM
no one has mentioned this yet but for those who haven't any of the toys yet, there's a coupon for a galactic heroes set (presumably yoda and r2 since they're the ones that are pictured) free with $20 worth of receipts of hasbro toys + UPC's. since the vast majority of us have spent well over the $20, we might as well send in for these, right? :)

bearauto
05-12-2005, 01:00 AM
Yeah, the BK in cerritos was a pain. I asked to buy all four they had available (jabba, han, wicket, falcon), but they said I could only buy two. Chumps.

stillakid
05-12-2005, 07:45 AM
Scalpers don't just work at Target, they sling hash at Burger King too!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=101609&item=5974928971&rd=1

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=101609&item=5975002954&rd=1

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=769&item=5974993695&rd=1

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=769&item=5974850134&rd=1

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=769&item=5974994070&rd=1

Tell me just how a regular consumer could already have all of these in hand ready to ship?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=98027&item=6530536202&rd=1

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=769&item=5974851004&rd=1

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=769&item=5974853293&rd=1

And this dude is preselling what he doesn't have:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=98027&item=6531788033&rd=1

Kidhuman
05-12-2005, 09:07 AM
Holy scalping Batman, thatis outrageous. Sell a BK toy on ebay for a steak diner for the family...

bearauto
05-12-2005, 09:21 AM
That's craziness.

dune01
05-12-2005, 10:48 AM
I scored the Darth Vader today, along with the Falcon. The girl behind the counter actually looked for a Vader for me.

bearauto
05-12-2005, 11:35 AM
no one has mentioned this yet but for those who haven't any of the toys yet, there's a coupon for a galactic heroes set (presumably yoda and r2 since they're the ones that are pictured) free with $20 worth of receipts of hasbro toys + UPC's. since the vast majority of us have spent well over the $20, we might as well send in for these, right? :)

You're kidding me. I threw away all my UPCs...GAH!

evenflow
05-12-2005, 11:40 AM
Well I got Vader today after getting the first 5 yesterday. The lady was pretty confident that it was the only one in the case. I guess I will hit up BK again on Monday hopefully to get the next 5.

evenflow
05-12-2005, 11:46 AM
Well I got Vader today after getting the first 5 yesterday. Cost me 1.05 with tax :) It wasnt the easiest thing to get, but being persistant and trying to speak spanish got me the figure. She mentioned that the store only had that 1.

steeltormentor69
05-12-2005, 11:52 AM
The boxes are divided up into seperate bags for each individual figure... who's bag does the vader show up in or is just in a bag all by his lonesome.
The dude at the BK near me let me sift through the box to look for a vader but I couldn't locate one.

2-1B
05-12-2005, 12:46 PM
Hit the drive thru today, ordered 2 kids meals and asked to buy any other toys they had . . . they said they only had 2 different ones and while the posts here make me think they were lying to me, they were very nice about it so I don't think they had the idea of shorting me.

Anyway, I ended up with Carbo-Han and a little Luke guy. :)

Rybo Flavin
05-12-2005, 01:46 PM
I don't completely understand how the assortments are being released. I've read that each assortment comes in boxes of 200, 39 each, plus 5 Darth Vaders...with each assortment to be released in order week by week for the 6 week promotion. Now, some of my BK's have already gone through the first box today and they have opened second boxes. So, does that mean the second box is the second box of the first assortment or is the first box of the second assortment?

I've been to five Burger Kings in an 8 square mile area today that have had five different policies.

BK #1: $2.99 each without meal, $1.99 with adult value meal or happy meal. If you bought a meal you could buy as many characters as you wanted for $1.99 each. The manager claimed that "There were NO Vaders in the boxes. We didn't get any." Lied to my face.

BK #2: Figures were $1.99 and already put into happy meal bags and they wouldn't search them for specific toys.

BK #3: Figures were $1.38 each, no meal purchase necessary. Asked for the Vader and the lady gave me "the last one".

BK #4: Figures were $1.50 each, no meal purchase necessary. Vaders were sold out by 8:30 a.m.

BK #5: Figures were $1.99, no meal purchase necessary. They claimed that they only had four Vaders in each box, all sold out. They have already opened two boxes.

I thought it was interesting that there was so much disparity in policy between locations.

JetsAndHeels
05-12-2005, 02:47 PM
I went to another local BK this morning looking for the Vader but no luck. The employee working there told me that they would receive a new box every Tuesday, and to check back then.

darth_robb
05-12-2005, 03:15 PM
Here's my Burger King story for today. I went there for lunch with some friends as it is close to work. When I first got in line I asked the woman employee what I had to buy for the Star Wars toys. She runs away and comes back handing me a piece of paper that tells me how to send away for a free game piece. Apparently she didn't understand what I was talking about. Anyway the manager was now up front working the register and asked if they had the Star Wars toys. He said yes. He then pulled out the Luke Skywalker and I asked about the others and he said this was the only one they have. I asked about the others and he insisted that was it, but the other lady reached into a kid meal bag and pulled out a Carbonite Han Solo. He said those were the only two to which I should have said "that's not true, that's impossible." Anyway on top of my value meal he charged me $1.29 I guess for the second toy. The next person at the register, one my friends ordered a kids meal and sure enough as I suspected there was a Wicket character in it so I know the guy was just being a jerk. Anyway I don't plan anymore visits to that BK location.

aricajade
05-12-2005, 03:19 PM
Charleston, WV (Corridor G) BK had 4....Solo, Falcon, Jabba and Luke. They didn't have Wicket (unless they reserved it for the kid's meals). But they were $1.29 for two with the purchase of a Value Meal. I tried to get all four, but they said I'd have to get another Value Meal.

bearauto
05-12-2005, 04:11 PM
You guys pick up the Burger King crowns? There are two of them...pretty neat. They'll work to build a nice display for all my toys.

edit: looks like there are FOUR of them. Two red ones and two blue ones.

BlueSnags
05-12-2005, 04:17 PM
Hey, anyone got an extra Vader they want to trade? I'll trade someone for either my extra Red Royal Guard or my extra AT-TE Gunner. LMK.

Blue Snags

abell748
05-12-2005, 05:18 PM
I thought about just getting a Vader off of ebay and be done with that one. Then I saw where there are a ton of them and going for 20-25 dollars!!!! Burger King employees are really going to make a killing! If anyone can help a brother out, I need three, one for me and one for each of my two sons. Just PM me and shoot me a price. If anyone can help it would be greatly welcomed (it will also get my 4 and 5 year olds off of my back!)

mastermatt24
05-12-2005, 05:54 PM
I got a jabba and a luke.

Turbowars
05-12-2005, 06:07 PM
Hey, anyone got an extra Vader they want to trade? I'll trade someone for either my extra Red Royal Guard or my extra AT-TE Gunner. LMK.

Blue SnagsYou have to be kidding, these BK toys are trash. Well so is the Gunner, but still, LOL;)

El Chuxter
05-12-2005, 06:35 PM
The one on Tyler in Riverside, CA, had Luke, the Falcon, Wicket, Jabba, and Han. They also had a sign listing what they had. Figures were 2/$1.98 (and this appeared to be a corporate sign, not a local dealio) with the purchase of any adult combo. So my wife and I both got a combo and finished up this week's haul (since she'd gotten a Luke at a different location earlier).

Vader is worrisome, since he's so incredibly rare and it's very easy to tell which figure is in each bag. :(

BlueSnags
05-12-2005, 06:38 PM
You have to be kidding, these BK toys are trash. Well so is the Gunner, but still, LOL;)

Come on dude, you know you want to collect 'em all! You gotta get into it so we can trade.

-BS

Turbowars
05-12-2005, 06:46 PM
Yeah I know. Walks off with head down. :D

bobafrett
05-12-2005, 09:39 PM
I went back today and picked up an adult combo, and paid an extra $1 and change was able to get the Falcon, and Han in Carbonite. The manager told me they had no more Vaders. At least I got one yesterday.

figrin bran
05-12-2005, 10:29 PM
day 2 of my chronicles of the dark side of bk employees

hoping for the best, i returned to the location where the cashier had "promised" to search the cases for me overnight for a vader. either he earnestly searched and came up empty or he was withholding them for himself and trying to string me along. the jury's still out on that.

at the next location, the cashier actually pulled out all of the toys that were available. including vader which he put on top of the icee machine before returning to me with the other toys. i ask him "what about that vader over there?". there's a slight pause, then an evil glint in his eyes...he responds with "I am taking it for myself! there's only 5 per case". oh thanks, like i didn't know already. i tried asking "but what about the other 4?" but to no avail. needless to say, i stormed out of there furiously. just great...BK grunts are playing mind games with me.

well i didn't want that vader anyhow! so much for trying to complete an entire set :(

BlueSnags
05-13-2005, 12:59 AM
I just grabbed a Vader off ebay (using the "Buy It Now") feature. It's worth it, trust me.

Who wants to drive all over LA, dealing with these shady BK employees? Now I can grab the rest of them whenever I have time...none of the others will be hard to find. ;)

-BS

tagmac
05-13-2005, 12:15 PM
I just stopped at BK in Jersey for lunch. Got 2 for less than $2 with my value meal. The guy was actually pretty helpful when I asked which ones they had. Inquired about Vader, but was told they didn't have them - no matter. I don't want it that badly, and e-bay scalper prices aren't worth it. I managed to get my two faves, Han and Chewie, so I'm pretty happy. Other than Darth Maul, I'm not all that interested in the others.

On a side note, here's hoping that Vader will use his lightsaber to slice that freaky grin off the King's face. I'm sorry, but that thing is the creepiest thing I've ever seen! :eek: :eek: :eek: I keep hearing the Psycho theme in the background everytime they show the commercial where he's at the window or in the bed with the guy, hawking his newest Jabba-inducing breakfast sandwich.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
05-13-2005, 12:35 PM
Yesterday, I got Jabba and Han. I got a kids meal just to be sure I'd get one, and the guy gave me Han for free. They had the other ones as well, but he said they were out of Vaders already. He was very helpful and very nice, and I think I'm going to go back today and see what happens when I get an "adult" value meal.

Zabbaca
05-13-2005, 02:59 PM
:D YESSSSS!!!!! I got all the first wave figuers, and the VADER!!! :D WOOHOOO! At one burgerking no less, i just walked up and asked the guy behind the counter for all the Star Wars figuers.

bearauto
05-13-2005, 04:49 PM
I took the liberty of re-ordering the bk-checklist poster by release waves (from a post earlier in this thread).

Wave 1 is the first row, Wave 2 is the second, and so on.

The image size is a little large (355kb), so be patient when downloading.

http://www.mycalbroker.com/pics/BK-checklist-ordered.jpg
(http://www.mycalbroker.com/pics/BK-checklist-ordered.jpg)
Keep in mind I've read that people have been getting the toys in different orders, so your mileage my vary.

MaquisWarrior
05-13-2005, 10:49 PM

1)That guy did look more like Elvis than Kurt Russel did back in the day! Oh, not that KING...oops!
2)Of course he's scary.Actor John Glover also plays Lionel Luthor on Smallville! HE's always playing Evil dudes!
3) He is made out of the fat that's lipo-ed from those who sue BK for being fat and win so BK's lawyers want back their product.
4)He is ...MICHAEL JACKSON!! TEEE HEEE HEEEE! OOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWPH!
5)In REVEALATIONS, the King will return (Thank you mush) will ride a pale horse (what the Whopper is made of) and Death(by collecting all 31 toys fatboy) went with him!:crazed: By Revelations , I don't mean that crappy show on NBC/PAX or anything on TBN. (Davey and Goliath are scarier epecially when the big church logo comes out.)
5a) LOTR: Return of the King:D Your beloved Count Dorku comes out in that one!
6)Going out with the women from BK is scarier. if you get a normal one, she'll blimp out!

drsidious
05-13-2005, 10:58 PM
wow, i got the first wave an the vader without even trying.

MaquisWarrior
05-13-2005, 11:01 PM
You have to be kidding, these BK toys are trash. Well so is the Gunner, but still, LOL;)
1)I'm surprised you haven't been kicked out of this club. I'm afraid to say anything! This place is getting to be like the Star Trek places! SW/GL is GOD? not!:cry:
2)Hey man, Gunner is MY favorite Nelson!:mad:
3) You're right but the BK toys are trash because they really are made from trash like the food, FATBOY! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!:dev:
The only time there's meat on that burger is when the chick/guy who's making them is making them!-signed Jack, the Jack in the Box Clown:)

MaquisWarrior
05-13-2005, 11:10 PM
1)The Jack in the Box antenna ball head clown is annoying and scarier than the BK King! He can poke your eyes out with his nose. I have a dirty mind and I dare not post what I just thought about this Jack character and Viagra (kids ask your parents).
2)The guy who put "I'm glad it's not Taco Bell this time" in an earlier post is racist against dogs and dog food based products! "Yo quiero TACOS!"(kids ask your parents)
3)In Australia BK is called Hungry Jacks and I'm sure that the King guy does not appear due to the political climate between the Aussies and the Royal Family (Prince Charles and them not Redd Foxx).
4) I don't remeber fast food toys for Attack of the Clowns? Were there any?

stillakid
05-13-2005, 11:25 PM
My kids and I got 5 tonight...Solo, Ewok, Jabba, Falcon, and Luke. I asked about Vader but apparently those five were all they had. Oh well. The Solo is kinda sorta interesting, but on the whole, these things are pretty disappointing relative to the Taco Bell stuff we used to get. I don't feel overwhelmingly compelled to chase an entire set of these down.

Kidhuman
05-13-2005, 11:44 PM
I picked up Han and Wicket today. Nothing special. I do want the Vader.

Wugmanmax
05-14-2005, 09:29 AM
it's official - my local BK said they would be selling the toys tomorrow. and i saw one of the ads tonight- the one with the stormtrooper.

and here's the assortment info that i got off of another site:

Assortment 1:
Han Solo
Millenium Falcon
Jabba the Hutt
Wicket
Luke Skywalker
Darth Vader

Assortment 2:
Yoda
X-Wing Fighter
R2-D2
Chewbacca
Darth Maul
Darth Vader

Assortment 3:
Emperor Palpatine
Podracer
Padme Amidala
Jawa
Obi-Wan Kenobi
Darth Vader

Assoertment 4:
General Grievous
Jedi Starfighter
Jar Jar Binks
Boga
Princess Leia Organa
Darth Vader

Assortment 5:
Clone Trooper
Darth Vader's TIE Fighter
Boba Fett
Wampa
C-3PO
Darth Vader

Assortment 6:
Watto
Landspeeder
Battle Droid
Tarfful
Mace Windu
Darth Vader

Each assortment comes in boxes of 200, 39 of each figure plus 5 Darth Vaders. Each assortment is released in order week by week for the 6 week promotion.

OK. So there are 39 of each in the box, plus 5 Vaders. We will most likely only see each wave once. Meaning that after those 39 of each character are gone, that's it. BUT Vader shows up in every wave. 6x5 = 30 Vaders.

So, 30 Vaders that will always be (in theory) available and 39 of the others once they are gone, they are gone. So really, scalpers are the only thing that is making him "rare". Don't feed their greed.

BlueSnags
05-14-2005, 02:42 PM
Finally found a Vader today at a Burger King in Pacoima (Los Angeles).

The cashier gave me the one that was sitting on their shelf (one of the workers had opened it and it was sitting there as a display of sorts). The cashier was a nice lady who asked the manager about it and he said it was okay to sell it to me. They only charged me a dollar for it. Sweet!

-Blue

mastermatt24
05-14-2005, 07:16 PM
I got the rest I needed toda: Wicket, Han, Vader, and the falcon; all for $1 each. :D

kool-aid killer
05-14-2005, 09:25 PM
I keep getting jobbed out of my BK Star Wars figures. Ive gone to the same Burger King twice in the past two days and ordered my meal, always mentioning that i want it as a "Jedi meal" and i have yet to be given any figure. Im not the type to get belligerent (and especially when in drive thru, nobody wants to wait for their food while the guy in front complains about not getting his toys) in public places so ive let it slide but its somewhat frustrating. A restuarant and its employees should know their promotions.

Kidhuman
05-14-2005, 10:45 PM
I went in to BK today. Asked for a Vader and the guy went and got me one. I then asked for two others for my kids and he said, if I bought a meal, I could get two of em and get 4 total. I said can I get anohter Vader and he went and got me one more. So I got 2 vaders and Jabba and Han for the kids.

mastermatt24
05-14-2005, 11:31 PM
Ive gone to the same Burger King twice in the past two days
Hey! I have TWO solutions to your problem.
1) Go inside BK
2) Better yet, go to a different BK!!!

darth_robb
05-14-2005, 11:52 PM
After a lousy visit to my local BK on Thursday which I had to buy a meal and pay an additional $1.29 for two toys and was told by the manager they didn't have any of the others, even though they did have em which I posted on the other day, I went to another location yesterday and they were extremely nice. They had all the first wave toys and I even managed to get a Vader and this time they were only $1.00 each and there was no food purchase necessary. Strange how all BK's have different policies.

Bel-Cam Jos
05-15-2005, 09:18 AM
As a toy opener, I can offer some "inside" information on the BK toys. (ouch... :bored: ).

Wicket: stuffed, cloth materials, smiling. Looks like he could be a fashion pin. Yawn.

Han: fits in the carbon freeze box, there's a wind up feature that only seems to make him shake and sometimes fall over (fairly authentic to ROTJ). Weird.

Falcon: awesome! pull-back feature moves it along a smooth surface, but after a couple seconds it goes faster (like the hyperdrive! ). I had Han and the Falcon race, Falcon won (Particle Man... ). :D

At the BK in Rancho Cucamonga, CA they had just Wicket or Jabba, would be $1 with a value meal or free with a Kid's one. At the Upland, CA store, they were $1.49 each, free with Kid's, or $.99 more with value one. Upland had Han, Falcon, Jabba, and Wicket; no Vaders seen.

abell748
05-15-2005, 10:54 AM
I have found the first five (except Vader) on Friday ana Saturday. I was disappointed that I did not find a Vader. Fast forward to Sunday morning... Now I must decide if I have good luck, bad luck, or some mutant version of both. I am a district manager for the local newspaper and while out and about, I stopped to buy a coke out of a machine. I look down and on the pavemant is a SD figure from BK. I turn it over and it is the Anakin half of the Vader. I looked all around and did not see the Vader part. It was just weird, but now I must decide if I am happy with just Anakin, or do I try to get the Vader part also?

Kidhuman
05-15-2005, 10:55 AM
Get the Vader part too

Mr. JabbaJohnL
05-15-2005, 11:52 AM
The day after I got Jabba and Han, my sister got a kids meal since she doesn't eat too much fast food and I got the Falcon, then with a #1 with cheese value meal they let us buy Wicket and Luke for $1.29 altogether. Still no Vaders, but the ones I have are cool. My favorite is probably the Falcon; I love when it goes into hyperspace!

When are the next ones going to come out? I think I'll get some BK after I see ROTS so then I'll get the next wave of toys. :D

kool-aid killer
05-15-2005, 03:45 PM
Hey! I have TWO solutions to your problem.
1) Go inside BK
2) Better yet, go to a different BK!!!

I visit that one because its closest to my house. My sister went today and was told that that one BK doesnt have anymore of the figures so she went to a different one and managed to get the Falcon. As for me, i think im abstaining from BK this week, ive had a little too much of it recently and we all know what too much fast food can do to a body. :eek:

bobafrett
05-15-2005, 09:47 PM
I stopped by BK today after realizing that I was still missing Luke. I asked the clerk at the same BK I have been to all week if they had any Lukes left, she says "just the same ones I showed you yesterday, but I do have this figure all in black". She goes through 4 kids meal bags, and produces a Vader! I bought it, along with the Luke I needed. I paid a little over 2 bucks, and she didn't make me buy freaking meal! I dislike BK food.

CrossWizard
05-15-2005, 09:58 PM
None of my local BKs have gotten the figures or at least have bothered to start selling them or handing them out. They're still stuck in Robots toys. Here's hoping for tomorrow.

bobafrett
05-15-2005, 10:00 PM
I have the same thing happening with the BK just a block from my house, so I went to another one just a short 5 minute drive, and got the employee to open the box of case freash figures, try sniffing those Tycho!

2-1B
05-16-2005, 02:32 AM
The local BK joint ran out of their first shipment sometime this weekend so on Tuesday I'm going to hit them up and see if they got a new case.

BlueSnags
05-16-2005, 03:14 PM
Anyone find the new wave yet (Maul, Yoda, Artoo, X-Wing, Chewbacca)?

Bantha274
05-16-2005, 03:44 PM
I went to BK today and was able to buy Vader, Yoda, Maul, and the X-Wing. I didn't have to buy a meal, they just sold them 2 for $2.09 when I asked for them. The woman said they were really busy at the time and didn't want to bother making me buy food. She did say that under normal circumstances, I would have to buy a meal, adult or kid's size, to get the toys.
Glad it was lunch time and they were so busy!

tagmac
05-16-2005, 04:45 PM
I got lucky today at BK. The woman behind the counter was extremely helpful when I asked which figs they had. She pulled out 5 of them, and I got a Vader (didn't even ask for it), Jabba, Luke, and Wicket. Left the R2, Yoda, and X-Wing, as I'm not trying to get all of them anyway.

I'm curious about the Waves, though. I'm thinking these vary by location, because I got Chewie last week along with Han, even though people are saying that Wicket was in the Han wave. No sign of Maul yet (hopefully he didn't sell out last week), but since Luke & Wicket were there with Wave 2 instead, I suppose Maul may have appeared with Chewie last week, and I missed out. Just gonna keep stopping in each week to see what they have, and will get the ones I like.

evenflow
05-16-2005, 05:50 PM
I got the next 5 today, 20 more to go :)

figrin bran
05-17-2005, 01:00 AM
Anyone find the new wave yet (Maul, Yoda, Artoo, X-Wing, Chewbacca)?

hey bluesnag, they should be out in all la area bk's.

well today being the first day of the new assortment, i figured it might be as good a shot as any at getting that elusive vader. i visited 3 locations before finding one where my "do you have any darth vaders right now?" wasn't met with an immediate "no". 2 of the cashiers actually scoured the assortment 2 bin for me! which might not sound like much but when you've spent all last week dealing with bk scalpers who tell you straight up that they're keeping the vaders for themselves and there's not a thing i can do to stop them, this is one of those "restore one's faith in humanity" sort of moments! haha!

BlueSnags
05-17-2005, 03:03 AM
hey bluesnag, they should be out in all la area bk's.

well today being the first day of the new assortment, i figured it might be as good a shot as any at getting that elusive vader. i visited 3 locations before finding one where my "do you have any darth vaders right now?" wasn't met with an immediate "no". 2 of the cashiers actually scoured the assortment 2 bin for me! which might not sound like much but when you've spent all last week dealing with bk scalpers who tell you straight up that they're keeping the vaders for themselves and there's not a thing i can do to stop them, this is one of those "restore one's faith in humanity" sort of moments! haha!

Nice find on that Vader, FB!

Lord Malakite
05-17-2005, 10:34 AM
I walked 2.36 miles or so to my nearest BK, camped out from 5 a.m. til the truck came with the shipment of SW figures. They got 6 cases of Wave 2 (aka 30 Vaders :eek: ) today. :D Left after buying 17 of the figures and walked another 2.36 miles back to the dorm.

BlueSnags
05-17-2005, 10:49 AM
Found the new wave this morning (Darth Maul, Yoda, etc). They are all pretty nifty, but Maul is probably the best one of the bunch. Also managed to score a second Vader, so I took my other one out of the package. It is a pretty cool little toy.

-BS

Bantha274
05-17-2005, 12:59 PM
I walked 2.36 miles or so to my nearest BK, camped out from 5 a.m. til the truck came with the shipment of SW figures. They got 6 cases of Wave 2 (aka 30 Vaders :eek: ) today. :D Left after buying 17 of the figures and walked another 2.36 miles back to the dorm.

Wow, just, wow. I'm a long-time collector, but what you're saying is just crazy.

I used to think I put WAY too much time and money into my collecting hobby/addiction.
I was wrong. Some of you folks are just nuts.
But hey, to each his own. Have fun! :)

Lord Malakite
05-17-2005, 04:14 PM
Wow, just, wow. I'm a long-time collector, but what you're saying is just crazy.

I used to think I put WAY too much time and money into my collecting hobby/addiction.
I was wrong. Some of you folks are just nuts.
But hey, to each his own. Have fun! :)
Think thats something, my combined grand total for walking to and from BK is around 15 miles now. Three trips so far. Once last Thursday for a set of the first 5 (Wave 1), once last Friday because they said they might get a shipment on that day and I couldn't get them on the phone to find out if they did so I checked it out in person, and once for today in which I picked up 17 more figures (a second set of Wave 1, 2 sets of Wave 2, and 2 Vaders).

In case you are wondering why the sudden urge to get two sets now over last week's purchase of one, its because I'm helping JBF out. ;)

James Boba Fettfield
05-17-2005, 04:28 PM
And he deserves recognition for it.

Slicker
05-17-2005, 06:27 PM
I finally got my first toys today (R2 and the X-Wing) and I like 'em. Now I have to drive my fat ***** to BK to try and get more.

elkkthunder
05-18-2005, 03:12 PM
anyone see tha inflatable vader at their local BK. I saw one today and the thing is really sweet. I wonder if many will be stolen like the spongebob they had last year. They only cost ~$600 for each store to purchase if they wanted one. I wonder if any will sell them- anyone have any info??

bobafrett
05-19-2005, 04:01 AM
I managed to get all the second weeks toys, including another Vader. I have already promised him to another person, but I will see if I can get anymore. I didn't have to even buy any meal, but did anyway because I was treated very well by the manager on duty.

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
05-19-2005, 03:30 PM
I finally realized something about this promotion--I can't keep up with all of these items. Each time I go to BK, I spend an average of $8 just to get three or four toys. Yesterday, I spent over $7 just to get only three items, and I had to order two meals to get them. And this food ain't exactly gourmet.

This would all be worthwhile if I got the Vader toy, and the employee was nice enough to let me rifle through the box to pick out the toys, but I haven't gotten him yet.

From now on I'm ignoring the plush type of toys (Wicket, the Wookies) and some of the vehicles, and concentrating only on the characters. That way my wallet will be lighter and my fat cells less numerous. :)

Mr. JabbaJohnL
05-23-2005, 12:22 PM
When I got the second wave on Thursday, a nice lady said she'd hold a Vader for me when they got one in. So, I went to BK on Sunday to get the Vader, and all of wave 3, since I was told that today they'd get in wave 4. So maybe you'd better go there more than once a week? BTW, I didn't have to buy anything, and it only cost $5 or so for all 6 toys.

Only 15 more to go . . .

Lord Malakite
05-24-2005, 12:39 PM
Walked down and back from BK again today. Bought 10 more figures (2 sets of Wave 3). 15 to go now here as well. :D

BlueSnags
05-24-2005, 01:48 PM
Found wave 3 AND wave 4 at BK today. I was surprised to see wave 4...I thought they were getting released one wave per week. Bought all ten!

-BS

bobafrett
05-24-2005, 09:31 PM
I stopped two weeks ago on a Tuesday, and got some of Wave 1, I stopped in last Tuesday got all of Wave 2, so following that reasoning, I stopped in today, Tuesday, and they had no Star Wars toys what so ever. They told me to try back tomorrow.

dune01
05-25-2005, 08:07 AM
I picked up Wave 3 and a Vader today. Anybody got some bigger pants that they can send me?!? These Jedi meals are starting to show...

evenflow
05-25-2005, 03:19 PM
Wave 3 was no easy find for me in NJ. I had to back track and finally found them today. I got the last Obi-Wan they had. I picked up series 4 a few days ago, which is what everyone seems to have now. 10 to go!

BanthaPoodoo
05-25-2005, 03:54 PM
So far I have 15 of the regular series & 2 Vaders. Got em for $0.60 a piece in GA. Everywhere else I've been to is trying to sell em for $1.99 a piece or 2 for $1.something with a meal... whatever...

I'll keep eating my one meal a week and getting my 5 and not spend over $18 for the whole set.

Captain_John_Solo
05-25-2005, 10:49 PM
hmm, so what's this i read about people trying to have the burger king toys pulled from the kids meals, because it promotes a pg-13 film? .... well, i wonder how walmart is gonna feel when they find out they've been selling a pregnant padme action figure with a pistol... and they thought al snow wwf action figure with a manequin head was bad..

bobafrett
05-25-2005, 10:58 PM
I went back today, ad they still didn't have the 3rd wave. I'm growing ever so weary of BK's ploy to get me to eat the garbage they sell, to get the stuff I want..

Lord Malakite
05-26-2005, 01:10 AM
You can usually save yourself a trip if you call BK before you go frett.

figrin bran
05-26-2005, 01:30 AM
with the way some of my local BK's have been treating me lately, i'm surprised Wuher isn't there behind the counter to yell "we don't serve your (collectors) kind!"

i envy you Banthapoodoo that you can buy them for a mere .60. the ones around here will sell them to you one day and then the next day refuse to. i'll have to try bringing in my receipts to these stores and asking them what's going on.
most of the time when i try asking them which toys do have currently, they act as if i'm making some massive intrusions upon their time. and on top of that there seems to be no rhyme nor reason lately to their assortments. i'm finding wave 2 remnants plus some wave 3 plus a boga at lots of stores.

anyhow, i only need 12 more and then i make my vow never to eat there ever again.

Lord Malakite
05-26-2005, 09:54 AM
anyhow, i only need 12 more and then i make my vow never to eat there ever again.
Until the watches hit in November. :D

Mr. JabbaJohnL
05-26-2005, 10:22 AM
I got all of wave 4 last night, since apparently the other lady got it wrong and they didn't get that set in until last night. Anyway, as I said before, it's worth a try more than once a week, to call and ask about them, anyway.

figrin bran
05-26-2005, 10:48 AM
Until the watches hit in November. :D

darnit! why did you have to remind me about those things? :D
but those are at a high enough price point that they shouldn't require you to make meal purchase.

BanthaPoodoo
05-26-2005, 10:58 AM
i envy you Banthapoodoo that you can buy them for a mere .60. the ones around here will sell them to you one day and then the next day refuse to. i'll have to try bringing in my receipts to these stores and asking them what's going on.

I live in MS & my dad lives in GA. Here in MS they sell em for $1.99 each. My fiancee went by BK when she got off work one day & said she bought $10.65 worth. I was like YES!!!! I probably have almost the whole set. She told me she only got 5 & I said take em back. My dad gets them for me over there in GA. I cant see paying $2 for a little toy.... but 60 cents I can handle.....

These folks here in MS are crazy on the prices....

CaptainSolo1138
05-26-2005, 11:15 AM
Went to BK yesterday to eat and asked the usual question: "Do you have Vader, Fett, or Solo?" The smug bastard behind the counter replies "No, no, and no. In fact, I grabbed all the Vaders when they came in. I can get like $50 apiece on ebay." I had to bite my tongue or I would have ended up with a gallon of spit on my Whopper. I was quite ticked.

ronhudy
05-26-2005, 12:53 PM
I really don't see why everyone is going nuts over these things - honestly, they look pretty stupid to me. I don't collect much anymore, since about 2003. My 10 year-old son is more the SW fan/collector in the family now, and even he says "Hey Dad, if we go to BK a few times and pick up a handful of these things, that's cool, but I'm not really going to try and get them all. I don't even care about the Darth Vader and Anakin thing - it looks dumb."

So there ya go...even my ten year old is wise to the dark side of commercialism!

ronhudy
05-26-2005, 12:55 PM
Went to BK yesterday to eat and asked the usual question: "Do you have Vader, Fett, or Solo?" The smug bastard behind the counter replies "No, no, and no. In fact, I grabbed all the Vaders when they came in. I can get like $50 apiece on ebay." I had to bite my tongue or I would have ended up with a gallon of spit on my Whopper. I was quite ticked.

Baloney. There's a slew of them on Ebay for $5 and less:

http://search.ebay.com/burger-king-darth-vader_Star-Wars_W0QQsofocusZbsQQsbrftogZ1QQfclZ3QQfromZR10QQs atitleZburgerQ20kingQ2CQ20darthQ20vaderQQsacatZ247 7QQsargnZ-1QQsaslcZ2QQftrtZ1QQftrvZ1QQsadisZ200QQfposZQ5AIPQ 2FPostalQQfsopZ2QQfsooZ2

CaptainSolo1138
05-26-2005, 01:03 PM
Baloney. There's a slew of them on Ebay for $5 and less:

http://search.ebay.com/burger-king-darth-vader_Star-Wars_W0QQsofocusZbsQQsbrftogZ1QQfclZ3QQfromZR10QQs atitleZburgerQ20kingQ2CQ20darthQ20vaderQQsacatZ247 7QQsargnZ-1QQsaslcZ2QQftrtZ1QQftrvZ1QQsadisZ200QQfposZQ5AIPQ 2FPostalQQfsopZ2QQfsooZ2
$5 or $50, I wouldn't pay anymore than the $1.05 BK charges. I want it because I like it, not because it's rare. :rolleyes:

JON9000
05-26-2005, 01:37 PM
JangoFett96 was kind enough to give me a BK Vader when we went to see ROTS. :)

ronhudy
05-26-2005, 01:42 PM
$5 or $50, I wouldn't pay anymore than the $1.05 BK charges. I want it because I like it, not because it's rare. :rolleyes:

Exactly....if my son gets one in his kids meal, I'm sure he'll be happy, but he's not gonna have the employees dig through a box to get one or buy one from Ebay. BTW- my "baloney" comment was directed at the dumbsh*t at BK, not towards you. No offense meant.

CaptainSolo1138
05-26-2005, 01:45 PM
BTW- my "baloney" comment was directed at the dumbsh*t at BK, not towards you. No offense meant.
None taken. :p

stillakid
05-26-2005, 10:56 PM
After getting the first five a few weeks ago, I suggested to my daughter the other night that we go back to Burger King and that we could get some more toys. She said that she didn't want to and what was the point since they didn't play with the one's we had anyway. So, there you go. We won't be chasing these. They are pretty dumb lookin'.

Turbowars
05-26-2005, 11:01 PM
After getting the first five a few weeks ago, I suggested to my daughter the other night that we go back to Burger King and that we could get some more toys. She said that she didn't want to and what was the point since they didn't play with the one's we had anyway. So, there you go. We won't be chasing these. They are pretty dumb lookin'.That's kind of funny kid. Kids surprise you sometimes. How old is she? My 6 year old cousin does stuff like that.

stillakid
05-26-2005, 11:14 PM
That's kind of funny kid. Kids surprise you sometimes. How old is she? My 6 year old cousin does stuff like that.

Mine is 7. Although as I type this, my 10 year old son is sitting on the couch playing with the BK Vader while watching the Dodger game on tv. So forget everything I said, I guess. :D

plasticfetish
05-26-2005, 11:40 PM
Mine plays with the squirting ones in the tub... that's about it.

I kind of dig the Yoda. I don't know why, but seeing him land on his back while his legs keep kicking cracks me up.

figrin bran
05-27-2005, 12:41 AM
you guys see "dumb looking". i see far better head/facial sculpts of obi wan, han and leia than any hasbro 3 3/4" or 12". :D

for those of you who are collecting these, if you're planning to send away for the free galactic heroes (so what were you guys saying about "dumb looking" again?), the order form is only in the wave 1 and 2 toys.

only 10 more to go and i will have completed the set. since most of the BK's around me are requiring you to purchase a kids' meal to get a toy and i needed a leia and jedi starfighter but having no desire to actually eat the meal, i gave all the food to a homeless person at a bus stop outside.

CaptainSolo1138
05-27-2005, 08:31 AM
i gave all the food to a homeless person at a bus stop outside.
I told you not to tell anyone!!! :mad:

:p

ronhudy
05-27-2005, 12:58 PM
Now that I think about it, they might GREAT BB gun targets...:D

Veers
05-27-2005, 06:57 PM
I finally scored 2 Darth Vader toys at Burger King. This has been one of the toughest item to find. Still need Boba Fett. Anyone else having problems finding these. :frus: :)

Kidhuman
05-27-2005, 08:30 PM
Fett isnt released yet. Found 2 Vaders the 2nd day they were out. Moved to other SW

beckmen
05-28-2005, 12:19 AM
The little instruction manuals show what figs are released with each wave. Out now are Wave I (Han, The Falcon, Jabba, Wicket and Luke), Wave II (Yoda, X-Wing, R2, Chewbacca, Darth Maul) and Wave III (Padme, Pod Racer, Palpatine, Jawa and Obi-Wan). Wave IV (Grievous, Jedi Interceptor, Jar-Jar, Boga, Leia) is coming this week and Waves V (Clone Trooper, Vader's TIE, Boba Fett, Wampa and 3PO) and VI (Watto, Landspeeder, Super Battle Droid, Tarful and Mace Windu) the next two weeks.

I dig these things. Yoda, Padme, Jawa and R2 are among my favorites as far as features go. Sadly I missed out on Jabba.

PS: I still have 6 Vaders available to trade (PM me a list of figures you'd want to trade, I am looking for loose, complete but of course will accept carded).

bobafrett
05-28-2005, 12:57 AM
I really don't see why everyone is going nuts over these things - honestly, they look pretty stupid to me.

I don't even care about the Darth Vader and Anakin thing - it looks dumb."

You are right about some of the items, but I'm digging the X-Wing and the Jawa, and will try to get the whole set. But then I also collected the Chicken McNugget characters several years ago, and even went to a Fast Food toy show where you could buy toys that you might have missed. It was pretty cool. I picked up some basketball playing cows from a fast food chain down south.

abell748
05-28-2005, 08:03 AM
I managed to get wave 1 and 2. When I went back a few days later to check if they had wave 3, they said that they were out until the truck comes in on the 30th. All the Burger Kings in my town have the same signs. I have a feeling I'm about to screwed out of wave 3 and 4. If anybody has a set of each or 1 Vader, PM me....please.

sjd9299
05-28-2005, 03:51 PM
I am having no trouble getting them. I have at least two of everything up through the Grievious Wave. Vader was tough but I got mine in strange ways. I got the first yesterday when I stopped in my Moms office. She had just went to BK for lunch and picked up one of each toy they had for me. She even had a Vader and she had got a Vader for a co-worker as well. I said to them "Do you know how hard these are to find?!" Neither had any idea. I had spent the last two weeks hitting 3 BKs twice a day trying to get a Vader. My second one came today. I stopped in to BK because I was actually hungry and wanted to see if anything new was in. Nothing new. I was looking for a Wicket and a Palpatine to get me caught up on my "two of each" mission. They had a Wicket and I tought I saw a Plapatine sitting on the top of the pile. I said "What about that black one on top?" The girl handed me a Darth Vader. The first time I go in and don't ask for one I get one! Can you beat that? If there are any that people need just ask me and I will try to get them for you.

figrin bran
05-29-2005, 01:38 AM
I told you not to tell anyone!!! :mad:

:p

well i found Boba Fett and a clonetrooper today. which means i only need 8 more. which means you'll only be getting at most 8 more free meals. ;)

the fett and clone trooper actually have 2 point articulation (arms) and are probably two of my favorite from the set. there's also a glossy sort of finish on the clone unlike all the other super d toys.

BlueSnags
05-29-2005, 03:50 PM
well i found Boba Fett and a clonetrooper today. which means i only need 8 more. which means you'll only be getting at most 8 more free meals. ;)

the fett and clone trooper actually have 2 point articulation (arms) and are probably two of my favorite from the set. there's also a glossy sort of finish on the clone unlike all the other super d toys.

You have a PM.

figrin bran
05-29-2005, 11:11 PM
Bring on wave 6 now!

someone on the RS forums started painting their super D Fett in the ESB colors and it looks incredible! makes me wish i had better painting skills so that i could try it out too.

BlueSnags
05-29-2005, 11:21 PM
Thanks to Figrin Bran, I picked up a Boba, Wampa, and Darth Vader TIE today. Gonna grab the other two this week. Almost done!

Blue Snag

mastermatt24
05-30-2005, 02:32 PM
someone on the RS forums started painting their super D Fett in the ESB colors and it looks incredible! makes me wish i had better painting skills so that i could try it out too.
Do you have a link?

figrin bran
05-30-2005, 04:21 PM
Do you have a link?

sure do! customized fett (http://threads.rebelscum.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=1208134&page=1&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1#1208134)

mastermatt24
05-30-2005, 06:34 PM
Lol! Thats pretty good. I should try that

Lord Malakite
05-31-2005, 12:34 PM
Made my weekly 5 mile round trip walk to BK today. Picked up 10 more figures (2 sets of Week 4). 21 down, 10 to go. :D

beckmen
05-31-2005, 02:54 PM
Jar-Jar Binks can't hold his water!

Anyone notice that the Jar-Jar toy leaks like crazy? I filled him with water and he exsanguanated in seconds. I tried hot-gluing the weird hole on the bottom, but it didn't work. He leaks through the cracks. I was wondering if this is just a bad toy that I got or what. Plus I am complaining, because that's just fun.

Grievous is funny. The way to "threatens" you with the sabers. The wind-up toys are so fun, heehee.

plasticfetish
06-01-2005, 01:52 AM
I tried hot-gluing the weird hole on the bottom, but it didn't work. He leaks through the cracks.Hmmm... so many jokes, so little time...

Grievous is funny. The way to "threatens" you with the sabers. The wind-up toys are so fun, heehee.Got a new dog a few days ago, and one of the first things we learned about her is that she hates that frigging General Grievous toy. (Yoda's still my favorite, but that one's pretty funny.)

bearauto
06-01-2005, 08:12 PM
Has anyone tried getting any of the signs/banners/posters from their BK? I absolutely love the Vader poster. It's very glossy/metalic, and simply features a portrait of Vader. Too bad the managers are all seem to be keeping them for themselves.

JetsAndHeels
06-01-2005, 09:02 PM
Has anyone tried getting any of the signs/banners/posters from their BK? I absolutely love the Vader poster. It's very glossy/metalic, and simply features a portrait of Vader. Too bad the managers are all seem to be keeping them for themselves.

Nope, but somehow I ended up with the mini display that sits on the counter right in front of the register. :D

beckmen
06-01-2005, 10:21 PM
The employees have first dibs on those things. Sadly, even I (an employee) missed out on the the really cool stuff because the day they got them the morning people claimed a lot of the stuff before I could come in and claim it. Even though I said I wanted everything when the teaser stuff came in. Oh, well I will probably be getting some stuff and I do already have 2 of the Teaser Vader window clingers (the 1-foot one and the 2-foot one), a drive-thru pole hangy thingy (22x29 inches) and a massive vinyl poster that is 74X37 inches big. So I really can't complain. :)

bobafrett
06-01-2005, 10:59 PM
I finally saw one of the inflated Vaders today on my way home from Wisconsin. I didn't get a real good look at it though. I also picked up Week #4's toys. The manager knew I was looking for another Vader, when another employee came up and said, "Oh, we sold the only one in their today, they only have one per case" to which I replied "No, they are 5 per case" and just as we had the little exchange, the manager pulls a Vader out. She says, "Oh, they must be 2 per case". After that she returned to her table, where I noticed she had a set of figures open, and she showed me another set she had in a bag still in the package. She had seen the ROTS 5 times, and told me the opened ones were for her son. Then she handed me a winning game peice, as she cannot use it being an employee.

figrin bran
06-02-2005, 02:19 AM
Jar-Jar Binks can't hold his water!

Anyone notice that the Jar-Jar toy leaks like crazy? I filled him with water and he exsanguanated in seconds. I tried hot-gluing the weird hole on the bottom, but it didn't work. He leaks through the cracks. I was wondering if this is just a bad toy that I got or what. Plus I am complaining, because that's just fun.

i think it's a design flaw not just with Jar Jar but all of the water squirters. i've only tried Jar Jar and Jabba thus far but it seems like all of the squirters have one or two holes on the bottom where water leaks out like crazy.

figrin bran
06-02-2005, 10:43 PM
i got a mace and landspeeder today. supposedly it was their "last" windu and supposedly they are out of watto and didn't get any tarfuls.

anyhow, i just need SBD, watto and tarful and i'm all done with the set!

evenflow
06-03-2005, 09:34 AM
Well it looks liek the last wave is out, i need to go out and finsih up the set :)

CaptainSolo1138
06-03-2005, 10:17 AM
Ironically, my interest is peaking in these things as they come to an end. I've been buying them like crazy but am still missing most of the first couple waves.

Lord Malakite
06-03-2005, 12:53 PM
Another walk to BK, two in one week. :crazed: 10 more figures obtained (2 sets of Week 5). Come on Week 6. :D

bobafrett
06-03-2005, 11:37 PM
I stopped in at my BK, and they still had the week 4 items. 21 down, 10 to go.

beckmen
06-04-2005, 01:21 AM
Huh, I didn't even know Wave 4 was out yet. I only work like 1 hours a week :p.

figrin bran
06-04-2005, 03:29 AM
30 so far...if i get Tarful, i'm all done!

today i found out that the BK adventures works like a jedi mind trick on otherwise indifferent bordering on hostile bk cashiers. i had circled the ones i still needed to complete the set and showed it to a cashier at my local BK. for the past few weeks, whenever i've asked to see the toys they currently offer, she has always done so reluctantly. but today, after seeing the bk adventures, she turned into one of the friendliest people you'll ever meet even asking me "so you're almost finished with the set?" and then proceeding to point out the pictures of the toys currently offered. and this was during the lunch rush, mind you. too bad i didn't figure this out sooner as i now only need one more super d toy...

BlueSnags
06-04-2005, 02:53 PM
Picked up Mace Windu, Super Battle Droid, and Watto at an LA Burger King this morning. Only need four more to complete the set.

Snags

figrin bran
06-04-2005, 08:35 PM
i got the tarful i needed to finish the set! am i the first ssg'er to do so? :)

i don't think i'll set foot in a burger king again until the watches come out in the fall/winter.

Lord Malakite
06-04-2005, 10:58 PM
Looks like it. I'll be done soon too. Either Tuesday or Friday I suspect, just depending on which day they get their Week 6 shipment in.

beckmen
06-05-2005, 03:19 AM
My Store still had the Leia/Grievous wave today. I don't get it, but as long as I get them all, it's ALL good.

bearauto
06-05-2005, 10:44 AM
By the way, anyone have pics of the watches that are coming out in Nov? The promo video is not on the bk site anymore.

Lord Malakite
06-05-2005, 01:17 PM
There is a pic on this site for the BK SW watches bearauto. You'll have to look through the older news articles to find it though. Sometime between April and May if I remember correctly.

bobafrett
06-05-2005, 07:26 PM
I went to my BK today, and they were sold out of the Wave 4 toys, but the employee there told me that I should come back during the last week, because they are supposed to have "customer satisfaction" week, and they are supposed to have "all" the toys. Do any of you SSGer's who work for the mighty King have any inside news about that?

bearauto
06-06-2005, 09:21 AM
There is a pic on this site for the BK SW watches bearauto. You'll have to look through the older news articles to find it though. Sometime between April and May if I remember correctly.

Hmm...searched through the news releases, but couldn't find it. Thanks anyway, mate!

Lord Malakite
06-06-2005, 12:57 PM
This link should take you to the BK watch (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/news/?m=show&id=31346) article.

El Chuxter
06-06-2005, 02:10 PM
I went to my BK today, and they were sold out of the Wave 4 toys, but the employee there told me that I should come back during the last week, because they are supposed to have "customer satisfaction" week, and they are supposed to have "all" the toys. Do any of you SSGer's who work for the mighty King have any inside news about that?

I would be very interested to know this as well. I decided early on that if I passed on any pieces, it would be the vehicles. However, I now have a complete set minus the Podracer and X-Wing. It seems stupid to only skip two if it's possible to get them, but none of the BK's anywhere around have anything earlier than Jar Jar.

evenflow
06-06-2005, 02:36 PM
Well I got the final 5 today, so i have a complete set :)

BlueSnags
06-07-2005, 10:56 AM
Finally found Tarfful and the Landspeeder to complete my set this morning. Picked up an extra Vader as well.

My local BK got a box of EACH wave in this morning, so it appears to be true about the "bonus" week where the entire set is re-released. I'll probably go back tomorrow and get some extra jawas, clones, and a few others. Whoo-hoo!

-Snags

Kidhuman
06-07-2005, 11:44 AM
Picked up a Boga and Greivous yesterdaqy. Now I just wanna get Fett and Wampa. Turbo, if need be I can grab you a Wampa and hold it for a later trade. LMK.

X13VADER
06-07-2005, 01:42 PM
In Collecting The Burger King Toys I Was Looking At The Check List And Reading Some Of The Other Stuff On The Pages I Noticed That They Are Calling The Clone Trooper A Droid. That Clone Trooper Does Not Look Familiar But I Do Not Think He Is A Droid. Any One Know Who That Clone Is? And Why They Call It A Droid?

El Chuxter
06-07-2005, 02:09 PM
I noticed that as well, and found it rather amusing that neither Jabba the Hutt nor C-3PO are "characters." Someone who flunked out of kindergarten apparently wrote this while smoking crack. :crazed:

And I believe that clone is Commander Neyo, who kills Stass Allie. The guy ain't no droid.

ronhudy
06-07-2005, 03:14 PM
My kids and I were in BK last weekend and they caught that, too. They said he was a "character", then checked the answers and it said "droid"!

They were right.
Burger King is wrong.
:)

beckmen
06-07-2005, 06:22 PM
Yeah, we have a bunch of cases in the back storage shed I guess. So we'll keep doing the thing until we run out. I will suggest to them to re-organize the things so we can have all 30 toys on hand in the store at the start of the day for people wanting specific ones. Plus I gotta get a Jabba still!

PS: Somebody did something wrong at my store. We went from Wave 4 to Wave 6. SO nexgt week we'll be doing Wave 5 I guess. After that it's time to just get rid of them.

Veers
06-07-2005, 09:46 PM
I noticed this when I was looking at the list the other day. Burger King promo dept should have caught this.

mastermatt24
06-07-2005, 11:38 PM
After that it's time to just get rid of them.
How do you get rid of them? :confused:

figrin bran
06-08-2005, 12:27 AM
beckmen, you should try to put together a few sets and have them for sale. just a thought.

i've already finished my set but i stopped by a local BK for lunch and got a kids' meal just to see which toy i might get and ended up with a boba fett which i'm going to try to repaint.

Mandalorian Candidat
06-08-2005, 11:28 AM
It's not just BK. I was at the store last night and noticed on the DV poptarts that the quote attributed to OB1 (talking to Yoda) about training Anakin is from EP2 while really it was the scene in EP1 where he is made a Jedi Knight. There's also a box of Yoda cereal where Vader says to Luke "Join me and we can rule the galaxy as father and son." They have it listed as a ROTJ quote when it is really from ESB.

El Chuxter
06-08-2005, 12:01 PM
Not official confirmation on a "best of" week, but the local BK in Riverside, CA, had jumped back to the X-Wing wave last night.

I gots me X-Wing! Just that cute widdle Podracer to go and my colon will not have to go through any more torture. :eek:

CaptainSolo1138
06-08-2005, 12:05 PM
I'm gonna give myself a colon blow tonite and see what the BK near me got in.

beckmen
06-08-2005, 05:04 PM
That is a good idea, getting a few sets. I will look into it. Not sure how possible it is, becuase the managers aren't very helpful with that kind of stuff. Plus, I am broke but I might be able to find some money or something. I know at least one guy online who is missing a few and wants them, two actually outside of this board. I will try, though. I'll be sure to post a topic if I succeed.

beckmen
06-08-2005, 05:09 PM
Don't these companies have a resident SW geek to be like "Wait, wait, wait!"

evenflow
06-08-2005, 05:13 PM
I noticed all the mistakes as well as kind of laughed it off, but i am surprised no one really checked up on the info.

El Chuxter
06-08-2005, 06:32 PM
And in other news, my wife phoned me a few minutes ago to tell me the BK near her work had two earlier waves, and she was able to get me the fastest podracer ever built, as well as an extra Jawa!

Outlook looks good for catching anything you may have missed.

Bud Young
06-08-2005, 06:38 PM
Resident Burger King/Star Wars geek here, and I can tell you that the higher-ups at BK are idiots when it comes to the films. I went to the 'special' simulcast meeting where the CEO and others were on screen dressed as their 'favorite' characters from the movies (Luke, Han, Leia) and talking about how great our promotion was going to be. Apparantly, noone told them that Star Wars was different from Star Trek. When each one finished their speeches they were transported off screen like Captain frickin' Kirk.

Bud

stillakid
06-08-2005, 08:52 PM
I checked one of the local BKs near me today and came up with another Vader and nothing else I wanted. They only had what I think is the last wave of stuff, none of the earlier ones that I missed.

bobafrett
06-08-2005, 10:45 PM
I managed to get the entire Wave 5, so only 5 toys left to go. The management team has been pretty cool except the one manager who practically throws a few of the toys at me in disgust, like it's my fault that BK made a promo that I actually like.

figrin bran
06-08-2005, 10:48 PM
i lucked out when getting an extra clone (to repaint as a red arc trooper) as the cashier remembered me from weeks 1 and 2 when i asked for a vader and they were all out of them. this time he brought one out for me! :D

are any of you having as bad luck at the scratch off game as i am? i've only won something 3 out of 10 times. which is terrible when you have a 50% chance of winning each time.

bobafrett
06-08-2005, 10:52 PM
Even the pieces I have won on, I don't cash in, since they are just small food items. I enjoy collecting the games pieces. I doubt I'll get the whole set, as I imagine their are a few which are only made in limited amounts. The promo seems to be coming to a close, so it makes it increasingly more difficult to get all 49 game pieces.

Kidhuman
06-09-2005, 12:33 AM
are any of you having as bad luck at the scratch off game as i am? i've only won something 3 out of 10 times. which is terrible when you have a 50% chance of winning each time.

I won about 60% of the times. I use em to go back there and get more toys so I dont have to actually buy the food and pay for it. Not a bad scheme.

WesleySr
06-09-2005, 03:08 AM
Even the pieces I have won on, I don't cash in, since they are just small food items. I enjoy collecting the games pieces. I doubt I'll get the whole set, as I imagine their are a few which are only made in limited amounts. The promo seems to be coming to a close, so it makes it increasingly more difficult to get all 49 game pieces.
49? Is that large and small pieces or 49 of each? Is there a list anywhere? Someone please help me.

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
06-09-2005, 08:14 AM
I won about 60% of the times. I use em to go back there and get more toys so I dont have to actually buy the food and pay for it. Not a bad scheme.

I win about that same percentage too. The bad thing for my local BK is that you have to buy a kids meal or a value meal in order to purchase the toys, and no matter what food you win on the game pieces, you always have to get some type of meal if you want a toy.

Kidhuman
06-09-2005, 11:36 AM
Complaion hard enough and they will sell you the toys, they did for me. Give em the pieces and say, why do I have to buy food when I get it for free? It comes out to be a combo anyway, WHopper Jr, Fries, Soda equal a meal. Doesnt say you have to pay for it, just order it.

CaptainSolo1138
06-09-2005, 11:42 AM
My BK had squat. I got Watto and SBD, but except for the Landspeeder that wass all they had.

figrin bran
06-10-2005, 01:10 AM
it was kind of sad to see that one of the local burger kings has taken down the vader window cling, the cardboard vader and most of the signs that were hanging. about the only thing that was left was the poster featuring all the toys and the toy display.

Lord Malakite
06-10-2005, 01:50 PM
Finally, I'm done. :D Took my final weekly walk (at least till the watches in November lol ) and bought 10 more figures (2 sets of Week 6).

Time to racap on my BK Adventure.

Amount of toys recieved: 62
Number of complete 31 figure sets: 2
Amount of BK food ingested: 0
Amount spent per toy: $1.49
Amount spent per set: $46.19
Amount spent in total: $92.38
Total number of trips made: 7
Trips made by foot: 7
Trips made by vehicle: 0
Distance to BK: Aprox. 2.5 miles
Total distance going full circle per trip: Approx. 5 miles
Total distance made on all combined trips: Approx. 35 miles
Total number of weeks to complete the sets: 5

I shall now forever be remembered with the likes of Johnny Appleseed. The tale shall spread to your grandchildren and to your grandchildren's grandchildren. The "Tale of BK Joe Starwarstoys". :crazed:

stillakid
06-10-2005, 03:17 PM
Finally, I'm done. :D Took my final weekly walk (at least till the watches in November lol ) and bought 10 more figures (2 sets of Week 6).

Time to racap on my BK Adventure.

Amount of toys recieved: 62
Number of complete 31 figure sets: 2
Amount of BK food ingested: 0
Amount spent per toy: $1.49
Amount spent per set: $46.19
Amount spent in total: $92.38
Total number of trips made: 7
Trips made by foot: 7
Trips made by vehicle: 0
Distance to BK: Aprox. 2.5 miles
Total distance going full circle per trip: Approx. 5 miles
Total distance made on all combined trips: Approx. 35 miles
Total number of weeks to complete the sets: 5

I shall now forever be remembered with the likes of Johnny Appleseed. The tale shall spread to your grandchildren and to your grandchildren's grandchildren. The "Tale of BK Joe Starwarstoys". :crazed:

I want to see the figures for weight gained from eating the BK food versus weight lost from walking to and fro. :) Was it a "wash," or was there an aggregate weight gain (or loss) overall?

Slicker
06-10-2005, 03:30 PM
Congrats LM!!

Kidhuman
06-10-2005, 03:36 PM
Picked up a Wampa and Fett, I am done now. DIdnt get em all, just picked and chose. Turbo, you still need the Wampa?

Mr. JabbaJohnL
06-10-2005, 04:40 PM
I got the final set last night, so I was able to get all 31. I only ate the food five or six times, so it wasn't too bad. I like BK anyway, but I'm not a fat-a** or anything like that. :D With all the little scratch-off cards, I won several whoppers and things like that so I need to redeem those sometime.

VaderhitsJarjar
06-10-2005, 04:59 PM
just bought two jawas, a chewie, fett, clone trooper, x-wing r2,
and some more - im happy with what I found.

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
06-12-2005, 08:32 PM
I want to see the figures for weight gained from eating the BK food versus weight lost from walking to and fro. :) Was it a "wash," or was there an aggregate weight gain (or loss) overall?

Lately, BK has been nice enough to let me substitute Side Salads for my Whopper Junior, everytime I order the necessary value meal. I felt like a pig, eating two a week, plus all those greasy fries. The grease seemed to have a lubricating effect on my gastrointestinal tract, if you know what I mean.

dune01
06-13-2005, 11:39 AM
I finished getting all of the toys today and my belt is VERY thankful.