PDA

View Full Version : Hi, I'm the new guy.

Garth Algar
03-20-2005, 04:45 PM
Hello all. I'm Garth Algar. No, i'm not the guy from Wayne's World, but i do get that a lot. I've been out of collecting since i saw Episode 1, but somehow Uncle George has managed to pull me back in with the previews of Episode 3.

anyway, i'm mostly a Gentle Giant bust collector of the vintage films, but do plan on getting a few hasbro items for the new movie.

Anyway, I look forward to lots of fun Star Wars discussions.

JetsAndHeels
03-20-2005, 04:51 PM
Welcome to the boards. I think you will really like it here.
I am sure the welcome committee will be able to find you one of those complimentary gift baskets I keep hearing about...
Anyway, glad to see you are back into the SW collecting. Its an exciting time right now, with new merchandise and the final movie on the horizon.

bobafrett
03-20-2005, 07:39 PM
Hi, I've been collecting like for quite some time. I've got more than some, but not as much as others here. I'm probably at the "older" end of the age spectrum that post on SSG, but I do like the toys, and this place gives me the 411 on what is coming out and what to keep my peeps open for. And if you must know, I turn 40 shortly after ROTS is released, so if your nice you'll treat me to a showing of the same said film!

WELCOME TO THE BOARD(S)!

JetsAndHeels
03-20-2005, 07:44 PM
Bobafrett, I know this is off topic, but how are the Cubs looking to do this year without Sosa? I remember you and I had some good discussions about football and stuff but not about baseball.

bobafrett
03-20-2005, 08:13 PM
I think they'll be fine, as long as Prior and Wood stay healthy, but Prior is starting the Spring session with an ouch, that might hurt us longer than the Cubs are revealing. I didn't mind Sosa leaving, especially when he pulled that leaving during the first inning on the last day routine. I will miss Alou, and some of the other Cubs we lost during the past few months. I'm going to the April 11th game, and am I ever excited.

Sorry, to hijack your post Garth..........Doodly, doodly, doodly, doodly.............Again Welcome!

JetsAndHeels
03-20-2005, 08:24 PM
April 11th, huh...I hope you have a great time. Wrigley Field looks like an awesome place to watch a baseball game. I will have to visit sometime and see it for myself.
Now, what about those Bears? They got a big time WR. Need to build on that.

Oh yeah, welcome to the site Garth!! We talk about everything here.

InsaneJediGirl
03-22-2005, 08:26 AM
Welcome to SSG Garth :)