PDA

View Full Version : Do The Bases Connect To Each Other?

Ric Olie
03-20-2005, 07:36 PM
I see that most of the RotS figures come with bases and for those who have opened their figures do the bases connect to each other? It loos like th do buy it appears most of the bases are the same meaning the connection wouldn't look right. If someone could post photos of bases connected to each other that would be great.

Slicker
03-20-2005, 07:45 PM
There's a picture floating around here somewhere of the Obi-Wan and Anakin with there bases connected. They look pretty good when connected.

JediTricks
03-20-2005, 09:13 PM
R2's base doesn't look like it can attach to anything, the edges are angled and also have beveled surfaces. It's not impossible I suppose, but it seems highly unlikely on this figure.

mephisto designs
03-21-2005, 09:48 AM
they connect, but it seems like they are supposed to end up making a square or something. There are a few different bases the figs come with. Some look like the deck of a starship or coruscant building, they seem to only connect at one corner to the corner of other such bases. Then there are terrain style bases like the ones that come with the battle droids and Padme, they're very similar to the dagobah muddy bases from the handstand luke and company released last year. And yeah, R2's, at present, seems totally useless. Although, you can take him and R4, and have a PRETTY WILD TIME see-sawing :D !

Mr. JabbaJohnL
03-21-2005, 11:39 AM
The Mustafar base with Padmé and C-3PO connects in several different places. There's a small silver walkway area that can connect to the corresponding part on another base, and it makes a little silver area surrounded by volcanic rock, it's pretty cool. They can also be connected in a way similar to the OTC Dagobah bases, where the connectors are part of the landscape.

The Coruscant/Invisible Hand bases with Count Dooku and Agen Kolar (and, I guess, a few others) connect in many places, but it doesn't look very good. apparently Hasbro thinks the little pieces of the wall shouldn't line up. :rolleyes:

Ric Olie
03-21-2005, 11:47 AM
I asked because I have Bail, Mon Mothma and Palpatine and they all come with the same base. It looks like they should form a square but that seems impossible since they're all the same exact base. Hasbro should have made right angle and left angle bases that easliy connect so you could make perfect squares when you have four bases.